Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Limits for Characters and Ranks in Factions

I couldn't figure out a way to phrase these in the title, but here we go:

1. Are there any limits on the amount of characters you can have in a faction?
2. Are there any limits on how highly ranked your characters can be in a faction, if you have multiple characters in said faction?

I can't find any rules for stuff like this, and I imagine there are some basic rules like: no padding minor factions or no having two Supreme Chancellor sub accounts, but beyond that I wanted to know if there are any hard or soft rules on this subject.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
TheCaptain TheCaptain

The simple answer is no. You can make as many characters as you'd like and put them wherever you please for the most part. As with most things it comes down to people wanting to write with you and respecting your stuff IC. Being a big powerful character right from the get go is all well and good but obviously not everyone is going to take you seriously. It just depends on respect and communication!

Alisteri is definitely right! As for ranks, it can be different a little per faction. Following site rules, it is up to you to decide what rank your force user is. Which refers to things like Padawan, Knight, Master and the Sith equivalent ranks.

But factions tend to then have their own rules about other ranks and positions. Usually it's fine to have higher ranked military characters, as an example, but the highest few ranks might require permission.

Usually that's the case for the bigger leadership roles that could really impact the faction

^

These are correct, thank goodness.

The only limitation interfaction is how many OOC leadership roles you can have. If you’re Admin of one Major Faction, you can’t be Admin of another.

Same goes for other leadership positions, including large minor factions and “Creative Teams” aka Moderators. There’s no rules against it but SWRP Staff has and can step in if you start hoarding OOC leadership roles that we believe negatively impact the community.

While we’d love to encourage growth among different factions, it’s been my experience too many times that people abuse this influence on OOC levels among other writers, as well as negating opportunities for other leaders to rise and shine. So be careful how many OOC leadership positions you pursue across different factions.

Also it’s why you see SWRP Staff members being heavily scrutinized to the point of being required to report to Admins on which Factions they help irt leadership and creative teams.

Here at Chaos, we recognize things like nepotism and cliques forming that begin using their weight to impact other writers. We will actively interject if we see it happening so use that report button if your eyes see something “weird.”

How dare you I am Mand'alor, Emperor, Dark Lord of the sith, high priestess of the witches of Dathomir, Grandmaster of the jedi, and High Chancellor!!! In my characters head. Lol

All this info is a good things to know btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom