Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lilla knew little of...

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Was Lilla so transparent? Her thoughts were answered by the Jedi Master. But it was useful to know and allowed her to focus on how it felt, knowing she was, essentially, in control. Replication would be so much easier for knowing she was accessing the data herself – albeit she was sure the Jedi Master had definitely helped initially.

And as Master Ike progressed, it was all Lilla could do not to stop and absorb consciously what she had learned. In particular, references to Tionne Solusar – a famous scholar of Jedi history who single-handedly was responsible for regathering the lost knowledge of the Old Jedi Order.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was watching her and what they were making around them. She could see the force symbols and runes as it was opening. Giving to the two of them a vision and almost mirror like floor to display places far off. "This is interesting." She could see other places, but not much it wasn't as she thought it was it was more a vision of what could have been where she was checking it out. She could see CHora and it was something that might have been as she crouched standing over it. Then it shifted and she knew the location. "Hmm." THe jedi master was uncertain if Lilla was seeing what she was seeing or if she was seeing something of her own. The jedi master was interesting in seeing what they had here though she knew about visions and this s eemed more looking in on possible things.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla’s brow knitted. She knew what her eyes could see, but was unsure if what she was looking at was a window onto other worlds, or a recording of past vistas, or even alternate timelines – which was something that had been theorised about at length. And were they just images – windows to other places – or doors, to be walked through?

“What do you make of this?” she asked. “I am unsure what I am seeing precisely – or why these images. Or if we’re even seeing the same things?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was certain of one thing... Lilla wasn't seeing what she was likely seeing. THe Falleen female with white hair and sharp features was hard to mistake as Matsu remained there and crouched a little more close. "I am not certain... I see someone from long ago" She said it and looked at her hand. A tattoo around the finger that had been put in place with small solari ink before she was speaking. Then she was looking at Illa and she spoke. "It is like looking at something I wanted long ago, I do not know though if it is real or a possibility. Perhaps this is what some of the ancinet jedi masters spoke about when they talked about peering into the force. The past, the present, the future, ffriends long lost, possible fates, thing syou want. It could take a strong will to peer away."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla did not sense the same things Master Ike spoke of. One of the benefits of being a natural empath, was the ability to sense every emotion within a given radius. The down-side was…well, the fact that you received every single emotion from the vicinity.

It was a latent talent that Lilla managed to block when she was young. But once she’d connected to the Force consciously, the ability amplified – but fortunately, so did her control. Initially she’d been able to put up a wall. Subsequently the wall became a dam – and the flow could be turned up or down as required.

The side-effect of the control was a simple lack of empathy. Lilla didn’t sense emotions the way others did, she experienced no highs or lows of hormonal stimuli. Or rather she had them, but they didn’t reach the part of the brain that translated them and therefore provided the stimulus to act upon them. So, what she saw – the what-ifs and could-bes? They were intellectually stimulating, but engendered no longing in her. No disappointment in what might have been or desire to go back and change the past.

It wasn’t that Lilla had no wants in life. But they were essentially cold and unemotional desires – practical things that she hoped could be achieved. Except…

The image shifted and she saw Tatooine. And a Jawa transporter. And a girl, maybe four or five. And a man – handing her over to the Jawa. No money changed hands, she was not sold, merely…given. Lilla looked again, could she see any identifying features?

The image dissipated – but the visual stimuli were burned into her memory. Maybe, when meditating, she could review the vision – see what detail she might identify, given an infinite time to review the scene.

“That was…unexpected,” she said, sure she’d seen the moment when she arrived on Tatooine – when her memories started and her period of slavery began.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was looking at her and curious about what she was sensing... Lilla was odd to her mind. She was used to well most jediu partaking of their emotions... of beleving they were that special one who could use their emotions to be stronger then all of the rest... this one was more old school and the jedi master didn't mind it. Emotional decisions could be dangerous but she also knew that one needed to be able to have empathy towards a situation. She was uncertain about soem of the things that were going on with them... she was uncertain about Lilla's future but she wasn't going to keep asking or prodding it she had an idea of her when she looked at the images and touching it they faded for a moment. "It is... something, hard to explain but I know that if I wanted it this would be hard to pass up. Spending an entire life looking and trying to get to these visions or make them happen.... it could be dangerous."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened and understood. She may have been forced to live a life without emotion, due to circumstances – and she definitely did not fully understand how they worked – but she knew the concepts well enough. Was a lack of empathy a drawback as a Jedi? It was, in Lilla’s opinion, a tough call.

On paper, it was not. The Code was clear on the subject and decisions made without considering personal bias due to emotional inputs were invariably the best decisions. But, and she accepted this, the Code also had a tenet about how you were behaving impacts other’s perception of the Jedi as a whole.

Did that mean she would give the impression that Jedi were passionless? Perhaps – and that was not implicitly a bad thing. But to give the notion that Jedi were cold and heartless? That did not sit well with any logical approach to the argument.

It was not, in her opinion, therefore an automatic benefit, far from it. It was simply a different weakness to be aware of, and overcome when necessary.

“I understand,” Lilla said. “Even to my purely logical brain, the potential to find an answer to a riddle that has haunted me my entire life – well that is hard to pass up.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

THe jedi master looked at her and she gave a nod of her head to it. "Pure logic is something you have and it defines you KNight Syrin. Don't lose it... just try to evolve it to adapt it. See about changing your perspective in some ways that can be used." She said it though but moved around with a grin seeing some of the other things they had. Crystals, broken and damaged saber hilts that were missing lightsaber crystals. There were sections and pieces made. "Looks like some of these survived a battle, there is a market for older parts... something about them being more refined and working better. THe older ones do have the benefit of being fresh and sometimes without a few of the failsafes and safety measures added. Older sabers could burn a lot hotter to cut." She had a grin on her face though pulling a few things out when she looked at pictures.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded and accepted Master Ike’s wisdom. Logic was useful but it was not an end-goal. Data is just data and if reviewed correctly can spawn information. And with understanding, information can share knowledge. And the logical conclusion was for knowledge to infer wisdom – but that was not simply the application of testing or algorithms, but by bringing life out of the numbers. Age often allowed for this element, given the volume of life’s experiences that could be added – but it was not automatic. And Lilla knew she was in no way there yet. And she was sure her entirely rational approach would never be sufficient to grant her wisdom.

Then Lilla turned her attention to the sabers and parts that Master Ike had uncovered. Her own hilt was ancient, but she’d painstakingly re-assembled it, changing what needed to be changed and keeping it true to its origin. Research and her Holocron confirmed to her who originally owned it – so she was always keen to review ancient hilts – because you never knew who once owned them.

“It seems odd to see them here – like junk parts – given how personal they were to the Jedi that crafted them.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Personal to them yes but to others except a rare few... it doesn't mean as much. My saber might be precious to my daughters but to others it will just be a saber. ONce I am gone, once I am one with the force it might pass on to them or it might be kept in a vault to collect dust. I will be part of the force and have to need of it." She said it and was trying to get it across but she was not entirely certain she did it right. "Objects are just objects and it is us who put importance upon them." She poffered a smile though with her face where she could check it out. "I am ready to begin though, let us have some interesting adventure and tales to share for the real thing that will always carry on is the impressions and memories we leave behind."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded her understanding of what Master Ike said. “I agree with your comments – especially with regards to the subject of attachments. I saber is, in so many ways – just a saber. But they also can also hold historical value, or at least interest. Highlighting the change in technology for a start, as well as design. And should any have been used by a Jedi that is considered significant for their achievements – well then, in my opinion at least – there is value in taking these away and doing some research on their origins. With the infamous Order 66, many saber hilts will have ended up in private collections. Who is to say one of these didn’t once belong to a member of the Jedi Council? Something to be displayed as a mark of respect.”

“So, with your permission, I shall undertake that research myself. If nothing else, they represent a single item for a museum display of saber hilts from another era.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"You are welcome to it." THe jedi master said it with a grin on her face to the hilt. Where she could check it out and see what they might be able to find. She was looking at other pages. THe hilt being presented to the jedi with a nod of her head. "If you can find anything we have been working on the Library to make a complete collection for tens of thousands of jedi across history. We have collected information, artifacts, exerts of their works and legacy." She said it fidning a place to sit and look over at some of the pages to what they had found. SMall matters to ensure it was 'legal' with proof of ownership papers that might come in handy.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled and tagged the box for herself. Once the removals team moved in, she knew the crate would be taken to her ship and loaded up for her perusal when she had a little more time. She loved histry, but she loved researching history even more. And it was not driven by a desire to find anything special, but instead to simply trace their owners – find out something about them, and find a fitting end to their story.

“And once I’ve identified any, I can turn them over for formal cataloguing and if relevant, display. I can see examples from very old hilts here that are interesting if only because they are so old and their fabrication so different to how it’s done today.” She picked out a power pack to illustrate her point.

“Is there anything in particular you’re looking for?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Adventure, excitement." She said it and borught up a small image of a section of planet. "There are many temples and places the jedi have been that are lost. A few of them I have worked to restore and a few of them are even harder to find. The great library of manuals was a gree construct but the jedi found it after they diminished into their territory and used it. A planet sized repository of knowledge from before the republic, from during it and long since after that self repairs, updates and gathers its own knowledge thorgh sophisticated droids." She said it and beamed while looking at more of it. "Or just well anything that could be here.. so much information and some fo the planets near us within the hellhoop."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla’s smile widened. “Grand Master Yoda would have been most displeased…a Jedi craves not these things,” she added in a croaky and slightly squeaky voice. “But I concur that they are a by-product of finding hidden temples or lost knowledge.”

“I suppose the challenge is that, when faced with infinite possibilities, where do you start? Lost texts, unknown planets, ancient technology, forgotten Jedi temples? Even the list of options seems endless.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"A jedi is human or alien... nevermind they have desires, they have thoughts and feeling and wants. The big thing is to work to better yourself and rise above it." She said it to continue on the line of thought but there was a grin as she knew infinite possibilities to what they might be able to find here. Where they could all check around and get a better idea." She was looking at more of it, where they could check out a few areas in the vaults. With a smirk though the jedi master was searching through all of it. Matsu sat there and brought up her chevron as she checked it out with a galaxy display. "Using some of this information and names we can at the least mark some planets to start a search on for any signs of the jedi if there are not any overt signs."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded her accord. She knew she was atypical – not having any ramifications for any of her emotions. She had them, of course, they were a human condition – but they were not connected to her conscious, rational brain – due to the fact she was a natural empath who had to close down all such aspects of her mind, otherwise her mind would be overloaded with too many thoughts and feelings.

She was, she knew, something of a cold-fish, but that didn’t mean she did not understand such drivers in people – and Jedi were…at the end of the day…people. For others, to rise above their emotions was a challenge. Not one she’d ever had to endure, but she recognised it. In fact, she understood it more acutely than the average person – given where she started from, sensing every emotion within a given radius simultaneously.

“I think the idea of finding things long lost to the point of forgotten would be a useful challenge,” she said. “To recover lost temples, uncover ancient artefacts as a result – to remember those long-gone and recognise the part they played in who the Jedi are today. That would be a just cause.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

SHe was glad the jedi kngiht was onboard and she had an idea of what they might be able to find. The jedi master wanted to see something maybe come of this but they would have to wait. One of the jedi researchers who was in charge and had come down to see approached looking at the massive titan and the two of them. "We found something Master Ike, there isn't much we know but it was easily identified. The remains of a ship the Kingdom of Dreams. its navigational computer was locked away." THe jedi master let her eyes go a little wider at that. "Well that could prove invaluable to something if we want to do it."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla’s ears pricked up at the mention of the ship. Once the researcher left, she looked to Master Ike. “Wasn’t The Kingdom of Dreams a starship capable of interdimensional travel? And from memory, wasn’t there some link to psychic energy as opposed to matter. I have to admit, my knowledge is sparse, but I definitely remember the ship.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Yes it was able to travel into alternate dimensions and the one it chose your very thought could become a reality. Quite a tempting place to be if you are tired of the world no doubt but really I have been curious about the technology or whatever system was used. My interest in expanding and going for whatever can be found is there." SHe had to grin with that though and had a few other ideas of things they might be able to find. If the kingdom was well if they had pieces of it here then it could go a long way... so could check to see about other legends or rumors. She was curious if there was any information about things like the eternity crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom