Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lilla knew little of...

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla nodded. It was obvious — and she’d missed it. Many of these items are likely to have rightful owners — be it private citizens or even planets might lay claim to specific items that represent their culture, or a famous artist that hailed from their sector.

“Of course, Master Ike,” Lilla said, “I hadn’t considered that angle. It is not an oversight I’ll ever be guilty of again.”

She looked around, “Although I suspect many items will not have an obvious owner and if their sales can be put to good use, that is nothing to be underestimated.”

Unlike other Orders, the Republic Remnant were definitely the poor cousins. Their library was full of second-hand information and they boasted no major Jedi artefacts of their own, and their Temple was a disused ship. And their ships were, by and large, hardly state of the art — although they were close to military specification. But Jedi like Lilla craved not either personal wealth or, to be honest, significant technology. Most likely because she had never known anything but poverty, and three square meals a day was as luxurious a life as she had imagined when she was back on Tatooine.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She looked at the girl and stood there for a moment before placing a hand on her shoulder. "It is not a situation you will likely find yourself in a great deal and saying something wise or smart about never forgetting people or things can be a little hypocritical. I have also become enraptured by the thrill of it all, of finding vaults of treasures and wanting to use them for the greater good, for the order, the people and then remembering in that time that there was any number of things that could devalue or take away from it. I have learned that acknowledging something is fine, we all get excited, we all get upset or angry, we all feel envy and even the barest hint of greed. We are jedi, we are living beings... but as jedi it is our duty to have a mind to rise above it. Many don't, some fail, some falter and some barely want to feel or do anything." Matsu offered a look to her though and she looked at some of the different things. "Plus until we do find an owner or someone claims the items.. doesn't mean you can't enjoy the look of them. Pictures like this you can see, some things like gems and crystals you can touch. All the things from being a child of wonder and amazement you can do and mark it off of your to do list."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened intently. People made mistakes she was once told – but mistakes do not make people. It is our ability to learn from our errors that sets us apart from others. Some never do, due to laziness, or ignorance, or plain stupidity. Lilla would not fall into any of those categories. At the very least, not knowingly.

“I have to admit,” Lilla said, being candid as ever, “That art is not something I appreciate. Nor music. I mean, I understand the work that goes into it, and how it can move people – just not me. A photograph is as relevant to me as an oil painting – if the image is pleasing to the eye. My dormitory at the Academy and my ship…” she smiled. “People say you would think nobody occupied those spaces. Apart from reference materials, there is nothing personal of mine. No pictures or ornaments. Nor do I play music. I like to talk, to learn – and I enjoy silence. I perceive no personal value in fillign the peace with sound. Not that I have an issue with it, it is just my personal preference.”

She picked up a vase. “I can catalogue items – evaluate their age and likely source – I received extensive training in this field. This is from the Anoat system a short while before the Battle of Yavin – you can tell the Ugnaught influence. But an eye to appreciate it? That I did not inherit, and nor have I learned to acquire one.”

She turned to Master Ike. “What about you?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu listened to her and pitied her a little. "I am an artisan, a generalist of the jedi. I study all of the aspects that I can, I work to restore jedi artifacts and temples so for me... It is almost a requirement to understand what went into it. As much as I enjoy modernizing the temples for habitation and use, I can't destroy all of it or make it hybrid. TO restore is sometimes more important then updating." She said it though offering a m=small look and she browsed around bringing a hand up with a small picture. "For instance this." She held the picture and was looking at it as the image seemed simple of a robed figure standing before several others. THen if you followed it it went into a sea that was a crowd. The figure Matsu pointed out had long hair and slight points to her ears. "THis based on the look and scene is Fay a jedi master who didn't carry a lightsaber but she spoke to the people. SHe knew how to influence and calm with her words to end conflicts a skill many jedi do not have." She held the picture though in one hand while she looked over. "You may not understand art, but this is history Knight Syrin. THis is a scene in jedi history."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded as she listened – she invariably paid full attention when anyone spoke, her Master always impressed upon her the notion that you learned nothing all the time you were speaking. Listening was key to development, and a mind to seek multiple sources, to evaluate different perspectives and therefore arrive at a place of wisdom, as opposed to simply knowledge, or worst still…just information.

She understood the lesson here – that there was sometimes more to art than the aesthetics – but, if anything, that was the problem for Lilla. “I concur Master Ike. I appreciate the work that goes into the creation, as well as the things we can learn – be they overt like a mural, or covert like the materials or motif used reflecting a certain set of circumstances.”

“What I lack is an appreciation of the artefacts for themselves. I could not visit a gallery and simply drink in the beauty of the displays. Or listen to an orchestra just for the sound they produce. I see things through the lens of a learner – I seek to gain knowledge, not appreciate beauty. I do not see it as a fault exactly.” She shrugged her shoulders. “You cannot miss what you never had, and I value what I can glean – not mourn what I cannot.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu looked at her and internally she pitied her a little not being able to appreciate the beauty of something but she wasn't going to treat her like she had something wrong with her. She was just different... their differences might make them unique but they were jedi, they served the lightside of the force, they sought ot aid others. THat was what could unite them. "That is a little saddening to hear Knight Syrin." The jedi master stood there though and she so wanted to try and make her understand but forcing it upon her wasn't the way to do it. Maybe there was something deep down she found beautiful, that she found could move her emotionally if even a little. "'But I am not out to force change upon you, hopefully one day you will awaken this side of you and see it but until then allow me to at least lend my eye for you. My niece Junko would be slightly disappointed she rather enjoys beautiful things and has developed a force sensitive clay using solari crystal dust that lets a jedi use the statues or anything created as a darkside detector."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled. She did not see her lack of connection with the arts as a disadvantage – and certainly did not feel she needed to compensate in any way for it. Nor did she feel any sorrow or remorse – she was who she was and gladly accepted it.

“One day I may learn to appreciate such things, I am still young after all, and accept I still have so much to learn. And a practical application of an appreciation of art seems entirely useful – especially if it leads to action opposed to the dark side, such as a detector.”

“So, where to start? Should we do a general search first, or work more thoroughly room by room?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Hmmm she tapped her chin thinking about ti and had a look where she was going. "Hmmm room by room would be able to let us see things that might be interesting. Never know what might be found." SHe was looking at Lilla and moving now when she opened one of the cases to look at some fo the pictures stored within it. She could see some fo them and they were smaller, more fragrant and she quickly she sealed it back up. THey had been made with materials that degraded compared to many of the others and the jedi master was looking at other things and a data pad with information for her to go over. Everythign was there when she was checking it out. THe pictures but it was also one of nearly seven dozen datapads. Inventory lists and she was seeing what they might be linked to if they could backtrack the information to a central computer. Matsu held up her hand as the chevron image appeared of the AI as she was sending it into the system. "Lets see what we will be able to find for ourselves now. There is likely to be more then art, crystals perhaps even jedi artifacts."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla waited for Master Ike’s lead. She was the head of the expedition and by far the more experienced. Lilla enjoyed suggesting possibilities – it showed she was learning, and by understanding Matsu’s decision-making process, she would learn even more. For one day she would lead such expeditions herself.

As she observed, she noted that Master Ike was extracting data – which would surely speed up the cataloguing process – and also help them decide where to search.

Lilla nodded at the proposed way forward. “Personally, I will help in any way – but items relevant to the Jedi would be my preference to find myself. Medicines or technology will be uncovered by the salvage team in due course – so if I could have free reign, I would like to see what Force related artefacts were here. Not necessarily the most valuable, but the most historic, or unusual. And crystals…yes, crystals would be good to find.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She gave a nod ot that and they might be able to find something... anything as the jedi master herself was looking over at it. Where she checked into something else, one of the files and rooms trying to find what might be described as force artifacts. She didn't fuly have any but there was something big here as she looked at it. "I think I found something maybe. A whole vault dedicated to it on its own and it was buried deeper." She was walking now and taking a few turns as the pathways were lined with cases and images. Different artifacts under thick transparasteel and internal defenses that were disabled. The big doors opening to a chamber that went down and lights activated to display a massive stone and crystal constructs. "A shadex, these were created elsewhere but one was found and transported here. They use powerful energies from a living being to activate and protect a planet or location."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla’s ears pricked up at the mention of a vault dedicated to Jedi artefacts. She was not envisaging rare Holocrons, or powerful Force-imbued items – but instead hoped to find historical documents or even descriptions of long-forgotten Force abilities. There was something about history that lit a fire in the young Jedi that beautiful paintings did not.

She was aware Master Ike was already on the move, and jogged for a few moments to catch up. “Deep is always good, it suggests value was placed in the items,” and then her eyes opened in wonder at the mention of the shadex.

“What sort of a living being could power one of these?” she asked, “And I wonder if it’s still operational?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She was looking at more of it and spoke with a grin. "Well this is an Ardana Shadex no telling how long it has been here though. The species who created them have long since disappeared or perished but the few instances where they have been activated a glass or crystal key was needed." She said it while looking and clenching her fist to make a small orb of light that she tossed out as a glow ball. The sift light illuminating the collossi more then the flood lights around it. THe thing was towering as she looked on further and further at it. "As to what powers it we have never found a fully intact and functioning one to study. Most are buried deep in the earth of their planet long since forgotten but when one is uncovered it is unable to operate without the key." She stayed there a moment long. "THough my theory was that it used kyber crystals if you listen you can hear the hum of them within it. The crystals are ideal for powering massive constructs that is why the sith used them in ancient times for weapons while the jedi adapted them for lightsabers and some other minimal uses."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was always keen to acquire knowledge – it was a tenet of the Jedi Code after all, although her thirst for information pre-dated her time in the Order. And learning something brand new was particularly exciting for her – in this case about the thing and its creators. And she was able to store the information away – both in her long-term memory, and also for use in the very near future. “Tell me Master Ike, what would the key look like? How big and what shape would it take?”

And as she spoke, her eyes followed the ball of light and then moved to the area it illuminated. “Well, the crystals we take for granted as suitable for sabers are attuned to the Force after all, so would make a logical conduit for power, even if they aren’t the source themselves.”

“And I’ve read how others have used kyber crystals in the past – too often for entirely negative purposes, but their logic is sound in terms of their choice, so I suspect your theory is entirely accurate.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Hmmm the keys were different. THe ones I ahve seen were larger but not too big you couldn't carry them comfortably and activating them required little effort. It is just finding the right one, the keys usually aren't marked in a way we were able to decipher and they need to be used with the proper construct." She was looking around the area and something like this would have had to have the key to activate it... it wouldn't be that valuable without it unless you planned on well searching for it until you found one. A possibility as if you had the construct finding the smaller key would be easier... she shrugged though and started walking around on the catwalks heading around it. To get a better view of everything they had happening here.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla enjoyed learning – even when there was no straightforward answer to hear. Clearly there was no standard key – and it made sense that each race that used one would make them suitable to their own needs as well as physiology, so logically they would be unique. And, given the use of a key (as opposed to having something operational all of the time), it would not be left lying around next to the device. So, unless it was catalogued, finding it amongst all of these vaults would be a real challenge. And even if it were categorised, it would be unlikely to be simply called ‘key.’

She followed Master Ike onto the catwalks. They gave a good overview of what was laid out below – albeit much was in containers or stored in such a way as to make clear identification a challenge. This was a vault after all, not a museum.

“Where to start?” she asked the Silver Jedi Master.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was looking at her when she thought about it and she was speaking here. "Hmmm where to start indeed." Matsu had to think about it... normally in this sort of situation she would find a place she could focus and levitate it all up. Pull it around her and check out the parts of it. THe jedi master went to a section of the catwalk seeing it until she moved around. "Here... we'll start here." She said it now raising a hand and one of the containers opened up letting out robes and banners. What looked like sections of ancient texts in transparasteel casing vacuum sealed to preserve them. Matsu started to lay them out and some of them looked to go together. "These look like parts of some of the old scrolls, talking about the origins of the jedi, Tython and I think it jumps here to the jedi leaving the Republic with the Pius Dea."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla would not know where to start – but that was part of the reason she was here – to learn. Following the Jedi Master along the catwalk, she observed. Once the container was opened, Lilla’s interest was piqued. History was a fascinating subject to her. Knowledge wasn’t power – but it opened up so many new avenues of learning, and Lilla enjoyed connecting things others had not considered were linked.

The origins of the Jedi would be a fascinating read – and may bring forth new information, but it was the Pius Dea that really sparked her interest. She knew some things about them. That they were a fanatic religious cult, most famous for their control of the Galactic Republic for over a thousand years, until ousted by, amongst others, the Jedi Order.

In fact, many considered their lasting legacy was interspecies tensions between the Human-dominated Core Worlds and the predominantly alien Rimward territories that would later be exploited by Darth Sidious during his rise to galactic dominance.

“Wow,” Lilla said. “I could spend the rest of my days just reading all of these documents. And these are only the tip of the iceberg.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was looking at her and she had a grin on her face at that. "Yes one could spend a lifetime reading it normally." She said it looking at her and she offered a hand and motioned to her. "Stand here." She pointed looking at everything around them and had the documents arraigned ready for them. "THis might feel funny at first but for a jedi it is the best way to assimilate information you can recall later. IN the field or on an assignment this could mean the diference between getting caught of being able to hide and you won't risk slicing or having to carry it around." She motioned the girl forward and stood there as she focused on her own body. THe force filling her lungs and the jedi masters eyes widened... pupils dilating as the force enhanced the mental processes of her mind. To let her see and record the information with her mind working on a sense of overdrive as it recalled, translated and memorized the words and images of it. She was offering the teaching to comprehend and enhance her own memory.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was unsure as to Master Ike’s intentions initially. Was she about to assimilate the information and share it telepathically somehow? If so, the young Jedi would have to lower her mental guard – which was in place sub-consciously. But as she waited and observed, she saw it was different to what she expected. It was more than she anticipated.

She stood patiently as requested and felt the Force permeating her every cell – as if she were in a deep meditative state. Then she felt the Force in her mind, in much the same way as she experienced her slowly progressing control of Force Valor. And, in a similar way to it enhancing her muscles and nerve ending, this time it was having an effect on her synapses. Information began to trickle in, slowly, and as it did, Lilla was interested to note she could recall every word. Them, as if a tap was turned from a trickle to a steady flow, the data came quicker – much faster than she could read. And the speed did not remain constant, but reached a pace immeasurable to the young Jedi. Words became sentences. Sentences transformed into pages and finally pages blurred into volumes. She could not tell what was entering her mind, but – as if reading from a massive database – she could stop the flow and read any given section, although she was aware the uploading process was not stopped by her doing so.

“Wow,” she mouthed, and wondered if she was doing this – or the Jedi Master. And if the former, could she replicate the action at a later date.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

The jedi knight seemed impressed with it and she was doing it the jedi master could see it and feel it. She didn't know how to best describe it. "You are doing it." A smirk on her face when she was watching it and processing more information. She hoped the girl was feeling how to do it to mirror it for herself if she every got the chance. Matsu was absorbing more and more of the information when it presented itself here. Until she was looking up with the texts finishing and she had a better idea of what they had, partial training manuals, some stories and ballads from Tionne a historian, translations of texts that had been added to the great holocron. Locations of jedi temples, methods for using more arcane information on worlds such as tython, lothal and ossus but there was also something that interested her when she brought herself around. THe jedi master seeing it and she was moving to the floor with a marking pen to make concentric rings with force runes that she could pour the energy into as it seemed to vibrate and become more like a pool of fluid on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom