Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lilla knew little of...

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla was definitely conflicted. It had nothing to do with the fate of the criminals – their crimes were largely irrelevant, she was no judge or jury. They were about to be murdered. They may, or may not, endure torture before they finally expired – but their death was inevitable, and as a Jedi, she had a moral obligation to stop that.

But what if, in saving these few, she jeopardised a wider mission? What if, in protecting these criminals, she allowed countless more to suffer because she gave away her identity?

If was the typical Jedi dilemma. What truly constituted the greater good? Could you stand by and watch a few die, in order to save hundreds, or even thousands? Worse still, what if doing nothing saved no lives – then she’d have the death of these criminals on her conscience.

Master Ike would no doubt sense the angst Lilla felt. Some times she felt a wise Jedi, but not now. At this very moment, she felt like a naïve Padawan. The easy solution was to default to Master Ike. Not that this response felt appropriate either.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was looking at her when she seemed to want an answer about what to do. Between the two of them they could stop the danger here and now she was more then certain of it... but there was no telling what might happen after that. Even though she wanted to be certain she also wasn't looking to make it into a problem. She was watching it but motioned with her hand as a saber slid into it. She wouldn't need to activate it while the jedi master spoke. "We shouldn't risk it but standing by and doing nothing is not the jedi way. Non lethal and work to knock out as many as you can instead of killing. We can restrain them."

She moved dropping the cloak and the saber didn't activate while the jedi master stood there with the others all looking at her. She stood prepared and at the ready before someone charged and she moved. her outer robe going away.... shoudlers bare, robes faling slowly to move with the force in her legs as she went to hand to hand combat flipping him over and onto the ground. A quick strike to the jaw to knock him out as she kicked another coming at her in the shoulder to send him into the air. The jedi masters hair was in a flourish as time seemed to slow down with her and she twisted in the air throwing the saber hilt into another mans head to knock him over.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was from a slightly unfortunate background – but she did not criticise her upbringing, for it made her the person she was now – the Jedi she had so far become.

And part of the crafting of her personality and skill-set was time at the Governess’s academy on Tatooine. Where she’d learned many things – including martial arts.

So she did not look to draw her saber when the Jedi master gave the go-ahead to intervene. Instead she used the Force in an entirely different way. Firstly she used it to boost her speed – she was already employing Force Valor, so there was no requirement to initiate anything anew.

Lilla’s hands were a blur, as she kept her approach simple. There were no acrobatics – although she was capable of them. Better to simply overpower – and all people would remember was being subdued by a lightning quick adversary – not an obvious Jedi.

And Lilla’s training taught her the right pressure points to render limbs temporarily useless and also how to render someone unconscious. She systematically worked her way through the assembled throng – the pair of them making short work of the miscreants.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

The jedi master was moving and she could feel the jedi knight. THey were using hand to hand and some force over their sabers which didn't alert any of them to their presence as jedi. Where she was standing now though she moved witht he force in her legs. Letting a strike go to the back of one of the mens shoulders and head. Not to harm him fully when it knocked him unconscious. Before she lept up kicking another ladning back on the ground with a crouched body. The tattoo's on her arms and back that could be sen looked like Atrisia gang from undercover work she had done in her youth. A few of them were there as she could see while they withdrew swords fashioned from the jeweled metal. it gleamed and they charged at her as the jedi master twirled and twisted between the strikes to dodge them and she struck a hand knocking it away.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla's progress was systematic and unremarkable. It was entirely efficient.

She held her saber hilt in her palm and used it as some form of blunt instrument - using just enough force to wind an opponent, or preferably to render them unconscious. It was fortunate that they came at her - she was able to use their own momentum against them. And it was clear they were not used to fighting as a unit, their actions uncoordinated and counter-productive.

And true to her Jedi training, she kept the weakest for last. It was tempting to isolate them and attack them first. But their incompetence merely hampered their colleagues - so she attacked the strongest first - a swift blow to the solar plexus doubling them over and offering her a clean shot at their nerve clusters, so she could knock them unconscious.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

The force flowed through her body, into each limb as she danced almost in the fight dodging but counter attacking. Without igniting her saber or outright using the force skills to just throw them around and announce they were jedi. Then something happened... a scream bubbling in the throats of the men and woman here.. they held their heads for a moment as they seemed to almost scream and claw at their throats... at their head. Then she could see several fo them fall over as the thick bodies burst from the back of their heads and necks. THings skittering in the dark but others were dying around them. Blood pooling below them.

"What...." THe jedi master was watching and moved to stop one of the creatures but seeing the symbiote in the flesh as it were was different. It mostly seemed to be avoiding her and trying to get away as beyond them she could see the queen... mother thing holding a hand out but there were a few near her. the creatures seemed to be retreating for the bae of the citadel. "If they are escaping or holding up it could make it easier to find them or it could mean they have a trap." She didn't want to get surrounded but they had at least saved one of the bound prisoners... the other seemed to have disappeared while she was looking at some blood but not much else.

Lilla Syrin

It all unravelled very quickly.

Firstly Lilla was doing her utmost to fight and to spare life wherever possible. Overlaid on that was a need to suppress her use of the Force, in case they gave away their origin.

And then it got weirder - a heck of a lot weirder.

The people they were fighting began dropping - and from their bodies came what Lilla quickly deduced were the symbiotes. And they were clearly being summoned - perhaps they died if their host expired? Regardless, it placed a new conundrum at the Jedi's feet. To seek to destroy them - and fall into a potential trap, or remain still, and miss a golden opportunity to eradicate some of the creatures.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was looking at the thing going away and she spoke. "This is... not what I expected." She was moving and stopped to check out some of the bodies that were down but some partially burst. they were smaller as she checked them and was trying to do a field autopsy. "I don't have much i the way of tools but it looks like they are attached to the brain stems to control movements and thoughts. A dangerous thing as if they are taken away it likely leaves them unable to live long after." Matsu licked her lips trying to think about it before she was checking out a few of the other parts. She didn't touch it but looked at some of the others where they could check out it. "These things are dangerous, ancient and have survived for tens of thousands of years. If the legends are true they have brought down empires and species much more advanced then we could ever hope. I don't want them to escape but if they have some sort of intelligence this could be invaluable to trying to unravel the mysteries of them. Take as many notes as you can."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was not afraid – but she certainly made an unconscious mental note to take the symbiotes seriously. The facts that Master Ike shared made her even more cautious. Any species that survived for as long as these did – especially given they’d been on the most-hunted list for a long part of their existence, only added to their reputation as survivors.

But her consideration of the creatures was equally tempered by her sadness for their victims. Regardless of their potential crimes, nobody deserved to be controlled by some parasite – and death was even less warranted.

Despite these thoughts, she knew they had a job to do, and so Lilla did as the Jedi Master instructed – to catalogue every single shred of information she could, given they were probably the first outsiders to encounter the creatures for countless generations. Or rather, the first to see them and live – presuming they got out of here alive.

“Understood,” she said, and committed the scene and her recent recollections to memory. Having an almost eidetic ability to recall certainly came in handy under the circumstances.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu looked at her and she was in agreement while moving. Taking what notes but not touching the remains of the creatures. Just having observations would have to do in case they were able to reproduce or death spasm something dangerous. Unknown things sometimes could prove a problem before she slid her saber into her sleeve. Leaving it all ready she might be able to get to it quickly. A scanner coming out until she slid from her thigh pack the visor going over her eyes and seeking out different filters to follow their trail back. Pheromones they used to communicate and identify themselves as she followed back into the town and the freshest trails she was pointing out to avoid ambushes.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was on entirely unfamiliar territory. It was standard for Jedi to have to deal with the unknown in general, but this was an extreme case – at least for the young Knight. Symbiotes? Once dead queens exerting an influence? A criminal cult? Planetary-wide corruption? The list, it appeared, was endless. What started as a simple exploration and promised to turn into a treasure hunt, was quickly morphing into the most dangerous mission she’d ever encountered.

On the plus side, they’d shared their initial suspicions and help was definitely on the way. And their additional information would prove invaluable in ending the current situation.

She was extra attentive as they moved forward, paying close attention to Master Ike’s warnings. They were vulnerable to an attack now, and a symbiote controlled Jedi was not something anyone should have to face.

“Next steps?” she asked as they threaded their way past potential pitfalls. She was not afraid to admit she was out of her depth right now and Master Ike’s counsel was invaluable.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu had to admit to herself this was going... exciting... It was a bad thing maybe. Jedi didn't crave adventure but there was also something to be said about the journey towards a goal. She couldn't believe what was happening before she moved forward. her attention on the details though was important as she stopped and was checking everything. "Well we are in a game, awaiting our reinforcements. So the goal isn't to get to the communications and tell them to get here. The goal is to survive, we aren't going to have to attack or be aggressive but we shouldn't just hole up in a single location. Being on the move would be smart but even a jedi can tire themselves out." She said it and motioned up towards one of the roofs they could secure for the moment. "If we maintain our focus and don't let them get away we can keep engaging and letting them tire out."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened and learned. Much of what she heard, she had learned at the Governess’ Academy on Tatooine. Keeping alive in a hostile environment was always a balancing act. Remaining in even the best hiding place was a risk – as it only took one person to look there, and you were discovered.

Moving too much ran the risk of drawing attention to yourself, so was equally considered a poor option. The best solution was to move to an area that had already been searched – but that was not always viable. So occasional movement was considered sensible – picking and choosing the moments to come out of hiding and move to the next location.

She concurred with Master Ike’s plans and nodding, appraised the roof that had been pointed out. She immediately spotted a route to the top that afforded the maximum cover and the minimum of climbing risk.

She immediately set to work, climbing the outside of the building, using techniques she’d practiced for many years – until she was able to set foot on the roof, ensuring she made herself as invisible as possible.

“I have to admit, this is very new to me – and the prospect of the symbiotes a daunting one. I’m used to dealing with disputes, or tackling gangs. But this whole mind control creature vibe is somewhat creepy, and more than a little disconcerting. But I trust my training will keep me in good stead.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu moved with her and was almost mirroring her actions, pupils dilated as she was comprehending the movements and area. Quickly enhancing her memory on the go to have the best route in case they had to do a circuit and come back this way. THe jedi master crouched lower though looking at her and spoke with a somewhat joking but serious tone. "Well think of it like this... if you fall here... you likely won't remember it and or have to dwell on it for very long. I don't know if you'd be able to become one with the force but it has been noted as possible for a jedi's mind to leave the body and ascend to become oe while leaving the shell of their body."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled, “You make it sound so matter of fact. In truth, death does not scare me, or even factor into my daily life. Sure, I shall die one day — that is inevitable. And I know that, when I die, I shall rejoin the Force.”

“I have a Holocron and the gatekeeper has hinted that he holds the secrets to becoming a Force ghost, but clearly does not believe I am of a sufficient maturity or power to access that information. And I am unsure if I would, even if I could. I would rather die gracefully and become whatever the Force has in store for me.”

She laughed softly. “But that’s just me. We’re all different, thank goodness. What about you? Do you see a future as a Force ghost?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Possiblly, I have journeyed to a place and learned from the force priestesses how to retain myself after I die. I know there is always something that could be passed on and teach them." She said it while looking around with a look on her face. "Though I am not certain, as much as I have learned about accepting the force. There is a difference between saying it and doing it at the time. Even a jedi can change their mind, can experience a sliver of fear and doubt about their situation." She looked around while being careful but the rooftop was being secured to stay concealed so they could have some time to refresh. "Still it will be the greatest mystery I think."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened and reflected. "I hadn't considered it that way before - but you're right, it is a mystery. And it's one thing to create a Holocron, quite another to be a Force ghost - able to interact with people - learn new things, as opposed to being a memory from a fixed point in time."

"Anyhow, how long do you think we'd be safe here - before we have to move to a new spot?" Lilla looked around, aware of general movement and thankful that - for now - there did not appear to be a search party. Or if they were being sought out, it was a low key affair.

"I guess the problem with being on the run here is the whole hive mind thing. I'm guessing that once one person sees or hears something, they all know it. So bluffing is out of the question, and any Jedi abilities would be shared with the whole group instantly."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She looked at her and gave a half nod of agreement at the idea and a shrug. She was certain of a few things mainly they were a hive mind and communicated... but as to what might be shared or able to be passed along. She couldn't fully say, if a jedi was brought into a group like the kiliks they didn't learn instantly how to use the force but they did seem to gain the knowledge of whoever it was as a joiner. If she went after this being sort of the same she could see possibly the knowledge of technqiues being passed if they had some force users but maybe not suddenly ev eryone of them being able to do it.... SHe might have been overthinking it. "We should have enough time to catch our breath and scout for the next area."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded. It had been a hectic time since their arrival. What had appeared to be a leisurely – albeit potentially dangerous assignment – had become a fast-paced and adrenaline fuelled cocktail of hive minds, symbiotes, dead queens and strange cults. And they hadn’t even gotten to the bottom of it yet.

So, she took the opportunity to recover – connecting to the Force to relax and rejuvenate – ahead of who knew what would come at them.

Once she felt the benefit, she stood carefully and looked around them – seeking the next likely hiding spot – somewhere with a vantage point, cover and more than one exit.

The obvious choice was to simply move along the rooftops – allowing them to see more of their surroundings and potentially gain more information about what they faced.

As she pondered this, she felt a disturbance in the Force. Nothing major, but she felt it none the less. “Did you sense that, Master Ike?” she asked – sure her fellow Jedi would have.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu had been looking at herself in a small mirror on the roof. The polished metal highly reflective before she moved around and let the jedi rest for herself. Where she was looking and checking it all out, to see some parts of it. Where she was able to move or what they might find. The jedi master reached out with the force and there was a lot now that she could fel. Detection field aside though she felt something building up in th distance at Lilla brought it up and to her attention. Matsu turned her head to look at her and ghave a nod while looking up to see some of the ships in orbit. The jedi flet had arrived as the vesels gleamed. Sleek, with extended wings for weapons but they were scout and exploration vessels to patrol around bringing teams of jedi to help them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom