Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lilla knew little of...

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla was impressed by the Jedi Master’s gadget. When she was at the governess’s academy on Tatooine, she was taught to climb any surface – and without aid. So, having practiced in smooth permacrete surfaces, the inside of a lift was somewhat straightforward.

She started off carefully, gaining pace as she rose. The lift shaft should be as strong as the day it was installed, but taking things for granted was a dangerous habit to get into.

Half way up, her caution paid dividends, as she held on to a cable that had been gnawed into two. Fortunately, she had three other points of contact with the shaft at the same time. The mishap did not slow her ascent, however, and soon she had reached the point Master Ike had attained.

She chose not to speak, but instead sent her Force senses outwards, looking for anything living, moving or in any way threatening. Then she nodded her head to confirm she was OK to progress.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was moving with her hands on the bottom of the lift until she got to the corner and swung to kick a hatch open. A means to get ina nd then they could get into the reception area of the citadel. Loking down thought she only saw blackness from the shaft with the little light. She swung into the lift and made room so the jedi knight could get into the lift. Her hands going out to pry open the doors themselves and she could hear some things. There were beings there somewhat... nothing that they could sense but it was more like a macabre display room. Tubes of stasis chambers with different bodies in them and Matsu remained low as she wa slooking over at some of it. "Well this is strange."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla followed the Jedi Master cautiously. She had performed many missions, but most had involved overt activity – relief for war-torn areas, or negotiations, occasionally uncovering illegal endeavours. But none of the ‘unknowns’ were as mysterious as this exercise. At least in her regular missions, there were known unknowns – the identity of miscreants, or the scale of corruption. But here? Here were unknown-unknowns. There was no way of telling if they would find anything at all in any given room, let alone what they might encounter.

It required a different skill-set and Lilla was learning on the job – and from someone highly skilled in the art.

So, she followed Master Ike into the lift and then beyond. What met her eyes could definitely be classified in the unknown-unknowns bracket. Lilla was unsure if they were stasis chambers or ghoulish display cabinets.

They each contained a scantily clad woman. Their identities were a mystery, but Lilla presumed there would be records at hand to check their names – and find out for what purpose they were there.

“Curiouser and curiouser,” Lilla said softly. “Not even close to what I expected to find first.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu had to agree this was... this was different. She had not seen something like this. she had not been expecting something like this while she walked forward touching one of the tubes. "THis was.... this is something I was not expecting." She had seen nothing like this... kind of. THere was an order int he unknown regions. Religious and they were afflicted with a dangerous sickness... but it could be passed to someone else. As a way to study it, as a means to try and find a cure they use entrophy fields to preserve each member before the final stage. Infecting one after the other to study and test cures of it... Cruel in some ways but thousands of them are afflicted. They wanted to cure it and be reunited with their loved ones. "I have seen nothing like this but in the unknown regions an order preserves their sick while studying the sickness that is within their species. To cure it and try to protect later generations they willingly become infected but these women they look.... healthy."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened. It seemed an oddly barbaric custom, yet entirely pragmatic. If thousands, or maybe millions could be saved, scientists would consider many avenues. It was, in a peculiar way, akin to an aspect of the Jedi Code, where the benefits of the many always outweighed the welfare of the few.

But she had to agree with Master Ike on this one. “I don’t know what they could be here for. A prison of sorts – but they are too similar for that to be a coincidence. Genetic modification, or even clones? Paused at this stage due to civilisation ending around them. Stasis chambers, to keep them alive? Almost the opposite of your initial thought. Kept in here to protect them from what was outside? To be re-awakened when it was safe to do so? I suspect that if we could speak to one, they’d tell us more. Or if we could find some records.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She gave a nod of her head to that if they could speak with them but she was curious enough to why they were there. Instead of just opening it up she was following the chambers. There were cords and wires to conect them in the floor that she was following in the floor. It continued and aside from females and ones of beauty there were also grotesques. Oddities of different species, mutations. Ithorians with two heads, a twi'lek with several lekku on his head. She could see others... from human's with scales on their arms and face to extra bits.... hybrid species that were a rare chance of being born. "THis looks like something that fits with the legends of the queen that she liked collecting unique specimens."

Lilla Syrin

As Master Ike searched the room, the purpose of it slowly dawned on Lilla. There was a common link – even amongst those that she subsequently saw that were not the epitome of perfect specimens. What they shared was their uniqueness. Were they genetically modified or naturally hybrid? There was no simple way to tell – but the horror of what Lilla was looking at hit her – and hard.

“It’s a zoo,” she said out loud. “Not a prison, a menagerie. Someone, perhaps the queen herself, collected them as if they were animals to be studied. Their dignity was stripped away and they went from being individuals to specimens.”

Lilla wished there was some way to cover them. Looking at them, even with caring eyes, was still staring, and she wished she could give them back some vestige of dignity.

“Is there something we can do? Anything? Some way of covering them until someone can come here and give them a respectful resting place?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu was looking at her and then the tubes as she spoke seeing more. Everything here she could work on and slid her wrist up to a panel. The chevron pad chirping as one of the small drones was released. Made for slicing and helping jedi sentinels. "We might be able to, tubes liek this are usualy transparasteel or crystasteel... those can be made solid from one side or both with the right controls." She was looking and analyzing the materials used within the tubes themselves. "I am uncertain if we would have enough blankets or covers in the ships." Tapping her chin though while she looked over at some of them. "Based on the age of them they are several hundred years old. If the queen collected them and they were left here then they likely survived the destruction being kept around." She wanted to see some of it and was starting to notice others parts of it, mostly the metal and stone murals around them. Detailing some history of the planet and the colony that had been here.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded at Master Ike’s logic. If the small drone could slice the controls – and Lilla was confident it could – it could turn the transparent tubes opaque. This would not take away their humiliation, but it would definitely give them a small scrap of dignity back. And, as importantly, it would make Lilla feel better. Which was an odd feeling for her, but a powerful one – and she was grateful for Master Ike’s intervention.

A few moments later and the tubes were no longer see-through and Lilla heaved a sigh of relief. Now, she felt able to focus her attention on their surroundings. Given it was something of a glorified display cabinet, it was also – therefore – a place where various artefacts and information was put on exhibition.

So, Lilla wandered around the room. Clearly the Queen was a collector – although the Jedi suspected what was on display represented the less valuable items. But it was good to see physical mementoes, as opposed to everything being digital.

Lilla focused on a star map on the wall. And next to each planet was a list of items that were housed here. And from the volume, it was clear that what was on display was a mere fraction of the collection.

Lilla was drawn to Tatooine (naturally) and noted there were many relics from the infamous Bando Gora, as well as krayt dragon pearls. The latter really piqued her interest – as she knew they could be used as alternatives to saber crystals.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She could see a good amount now, bringing up the inventory of different worlds and shifting a few of them. To display on the star map and raised an eyebrow. Artifacts, items from across the galaxy. I guess if you make everyone present you with a gift for the chance you'll entertain them it goes a long way. You get to keep all of the things that they bring you." She tapped her chin though bringing up a few parts. "Looks like seds from trees on tython, DNA from kamino, crystals, more beings, some coordinates to stations and what looks like derelict ships." She was gong over it and one of the stations looked horrible, just pieced together ships. "This is listed as a jedi artifact, given its state I would say maybe one of Mical's archives. He made them like dead drops that could be accessed." SHe wondered about thinking about it until she looked over at the jedi herself. "I know you are more traditional but if there is anything you think might be helpful say the word and we can get it for you."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled – did the Queen entertain in order to receive gifts or did she receive gifts in order to entertain? It was a question that would never be answered, and in the scheme of things, it did not matter at all.

And she followed what Master Ike was looking at – many would be of interest to Jedi, even if they weren’t concerned in the past.

And she was particularly drawn to the crystals and many she read about were ones she expected she would never see in real-life.

“I would very much like to see the saber crystals,” she said. “If any are connected to me, it would be an addition to my lightsaber, given I have only one focusing crystal at present.”

“The ones that I am drawn to – based upon my research – are: solari, due to the fact that only a Jedi pure in spirit can use it; hurrikaine; krayt dragon, due to my heritage; and kaiburr.”

“I do not wish to start a collection, but I have been considering crafting a shoto, and so if any call to me, then I would appreciate at least considering them. Is that OK?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu looked at her with a nod of her head. "We can do that, crystals I don't know if they could be considered a collection. As an artisan I work with a number of materials and crystals are important." She offered a smile though and the crystals she mentioned they could find or get. She knew well where solari crystals grew on Rhen Var, where they could find the others. "We'll just have to take a look in one of the artisan kits on my ship. Might have the crystals you are looking for and perhaps a few pieces that are good for a shoto saber." She tapped her chin while looking at it with interest until her smile faded. "Of course there is a few other things that we will want to use."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled. “I was hoping to find the crystals here – and I am sure than if they in some way resonate with me that they will find a way of connecting with me. I do not plan to search every room – or (as I suspect) a vast warehouse to find them. Rather, I hope to come across them as we search – perhaps dotted around, in different sections and displays.”

This was no vain hope, it was – rather – something she felt was right and very real. And, at the bottom of her belief was a nagging presence – something calling to her through the Force.

Lilla looked once again at the star map drawn on the wall. Not every planet was listed – it was nowhere near large enough a room for that – but the key planets were definitely shown. And one was calling to her.

She walked along the wall, her fingers compelled to touch the cool surface, traling behind her as she walked slowly. And, oddly, her hand became warmer as she moved, and began to lead, as oppose to follow her torso.

Finally she realised why – her hand was reaching for a planet that was so insignificant by galactic standards, it should not be there. But it was.

The planet Circarpous V.

She knew of it as Mimban, but the placement on the map suggested they were one and the same. It was just out of reach, but the compulsion to touch the name was overwhelming.

Lilla closed her eyes and breathed deeply, connecting to the Force. She heard a small click and when she looked up, a panel, where the planet’s name was written, opened.

She lifted her hand and from the small small floated a deep-crimson-coloured crystal that glowed with a faint inner light. And she knew what it was, a Kaiburr crystal shard. It would need to be cut, but it could work as a lightsaber crystal.

It was warm to her touch. But a funny kind of warm. Like touching a live electrical current. She showed it to Master Ike before placing it in a pouch in one of her pockets. “An unexpected find,” she said, “But a welcome one. I shall put it to good use.”

“And I’d be delighted to take advantage of any parts you have for the crafting of a shoto, thanks. And, as you have piqued my interest, what else do you use crystals for?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Well." Matsu said it while she walked forward just enough to place a hand on her shoulders and guide her along the wall. To a small area with her own lightsaber slipping out into her hand. The silver hilt gleaming and nearly seamless to the point you wouldn't be able to see a stud or even a grip. Under her hands though the metal shifted and a grip formed when she touched it. SMall biometrics reading her palm while she turned it over and the saber pulsed with warmth and calmness. "Well with crystals I have designed this." She showed it. "As an artisan within the jedi order I practice in new ways to use crystals and the force."

The jedi master turned it to show where the blade would come out of but it was a crystal lens that blended in. "The hilt is jedi inth metal, with nano sized crystal lattices of solari and pontite crystals. It is made to be used only by jedi who serve the lightside of the force. The lens of the blade provides a sharper blade focusing the energy so that it can slice itno and through stronger metals in the galaxy. THanks to another company I got a secondary lens that allows the blade to cut through vong crab armor." A smile was on her face while she slipped a smal golden pocket case out. Opening it and pulling a small crystal from a display with the force.

Once it touched her hand she touched it and frowned. "It is not a good one for a jedi a lignan crystal from Kesh but I can use it for a demonstration." THe jedi master opened the case and small tools were within it. Flipping a small device out that she was able to extend on a small cord, the ultrasonic vibration cell letting it cut and shape the crystal to fit into the lightsaber. She wasn't going to give it to the jedi as neither would use the darkside crystal but to show her how to cut and polish the crystal. Matsu looked up while she displayed it with a smile. "I have worked many years and learned a number of other ways to use a crystal"

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was fascinated. She was familiar with the crafting of a saber – she’d reconstructed the one she’d been given on the forest moon of Endor. But her efforts to date had been with items made for simple assembly, and the crystals she had used were of a size and shape to be simply placed into the saber hilt.

Cutting a crystal to fit was not a technique she had encountered – and the shard she’d recovered would definitely need to be shaped to fit. “I would appreciate using that tool when we’re finished here. I would very much like to use this crystal and perhaps you can instruct me on how best to cut it to optimise its performance.”

Lilla was also impressed with the design of Master Ike’s saber. Lilla’s preference was for a more utilitarian design – based upon the hilt she’d found, and the Holocron she used also espoused. One day she might change her preference, especially if her interest in Makashi developed further, as a more elegant and sleek design would no doubt be better suited.

“Experience is so often undervalued,” Lilla remarked. “I hope to learn as much as I can from you, you have a great deal to offer a young Knight such as myself.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"I can teach you much young one but the best teacher will be learning from your times failing it. SOmeone wiser then I once said that and it holds true." She was looking at though and closed the case offering it with a small grin on her face. "It also has small repair tools, if your saber breaks it might not be able to replace the parts but you can clean them, patch up a few small things." Looking over at it before she rose up from the seat walking and looking at the crystal when she set it back. The rest she brushed off of her hands when she stopped. THe sound fo the lift moving down as the jedi master moved to look. "Someones coming."

She could feel it at the bottom or middle with the basement but there were people coming.. beings she could feel in the force just a little. They wouldn't have a lot of time but they weren't going to have to rush before she motioned to the corner of the room where there was a tapestry. The jedi master focusing the force holding a hand out as she reached itno the force, deeper then itno the current and wrapped it around them. The illusion of the wall itself was appearing in front of them as she sunk the two of them into the white current and created an illusion of them not being there. THe lift doors opening and voices coming.

"So what have we been hearing from the queen?" An eyebrow raised up until she was watching them. Coming in and bringing another tube of a female's body. Human with long hair framing their body to cover it. "That she wants to expand outwards, take te fight to the other beings in the galaxy but that will require we get some special people. This new body she has taken should get her some ships from Kuat. Then we can use the weapons she got with that princess." Matsu didn't turn her head, just maintained the illusion as they were getting to hear more of it. "Yeah it is going to be good and once shegets those symbiotes out for others we can grow the hive."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla knew the Jedi were selfless, but this master was particularly generous — both with her time and her teaching. The young Jedi took the case with a smile. “Thank you for this, I am sure it will prove invaluable. And your advice will be too, I am sure. I would—”

Whatever Lilla was going to say next was academic, because she heard the lift at precisely the same time. And given it was unlikely to activate independently, she came to the same conclusion as Master Ike.

And the knight had questions for her companion — but they would have to wait, or more likely, an encounter would answer them for her. And Lilla sensed the Force at work. She knew a little of the White Current due to her extensive work on meditative techniques — enough to recognise it, but she was not capable of manipulating it. And she knew that if she did not interact with anyone, she would not be visible — even to an electronic scanner.

The arrivals provided more questions than answers, and Lilla was dying to find out — but kept quiet, on the basis that they might hear further revelations.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu maintained the white current wall, seeing them finish as they started to leave. Speaking. "Well at least we have all of those new slaves, the queen's chambers here with everything is going to fund our campaign for years and we'll still be plundering across the stars." They went into the lift and the jedi master waited a moment before dropping the illusion and standing there. Her hands trembled mostly from keeping it going as she breathed in and then outwards. Her body calming down after the strain. She stood there slumped a little for a moment before the jedi master held her hand out and it glowed. The purple light appearing.

"That was diferent." She said it and was drawing on the light in her hand and the stone. Connecting to the heart of the universe even for a little while could revitalize her even after that before the muscles stopped twitching and Matsu stood as tall as she could. A look on her face before she was going voer to check on the tube. There was another body in there this time an Arkanian female as Matsu rose herself up to slice into the tube and darken the screen. "Well we should be careful but if they are using the village or one of them to create a new colony, a new threat we need to investigate and possibly try tos top them.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened – it was something she was adept at – and learned. Even the most mundane of conversations could reveal a small clue that could, in time, prove to be useful.

And the chatter between the people provided many valuable pieces of information.

There was a new queen – it was unknown if it was an hereditary line – but sadly the intent was passed down from generation to generation it seemed. And there were slaves to be freed – and possibly some signs pointing to criminal activity spanning the galaxy.

“Different but definitely not good,” Lilla echoed. “What was planned to be a visit to an abandoned, derelict building has been turned on its head somewhat. Should we proceed, or seek back-up?” It was a genuinely open question, with no hint that Lilla favoured one course or the other. “The former allows us to move quickly, the latter ensures we don’t get outnumbered. Neither appears a perfect solution.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

She gave a nod of her head to the ideas... both fo them were a good course of action. The location fo the planet meant it was out of the way so reinforcements would still take time but if they needed the back up it would be invaluable to have them at the ready. On the other hand if these were criminals talking and being more boastful then anything it could be something easily stopped or handled by the pair of them. It came down to how they wanted to play it and the jedi master tapped her chin while she was walking. "Neither option is without merit, we should go for both. If their plans are coming to a head and time is a factor taking the time to wait for reinforcements could be dangerous... which means we should move quickly... however if there are a lot of them we'll need the back up. So we'll send the message for back up and actively monitor and go after them to watch. THis way we can at least report and give information in the field for reinforcements."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom