Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LRqfLRS.png

"It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi.”
- Padmé

CetylXK.png
"A Jedi?" Queen Kalantha questioned. Her body was still, but her eyes were alive with frustration.

Naboo awaited news on a defense pact with the Alliance, one that would ensure her people would be safe from the Sith and the pirates who fought proxy wars for them in the Mid-Rim. The delay in formulating their pact, coupled with the news of neutral worlds falling victim to the growing Mandalorian threat, had drained Inara's patience. And now they meant to send a Jedi to Naboo. To serve what purpose, she wondered. She didn't have business with the Order, nor did she need some babysitter to watch over her. She just stared with a steely gaze at the minister.

The older man shook his head and sighed. He was clearly tired of her combativeness, and it was hardly noon.

"Your Highness, it's imperative in times such as these that we accept any boon from our allies that we are offered. What message would we send if we rejected a Jedi ambassador?"

Kalantha's eyes narrowed.

"What message are we sending by accepting the visitation of one man when we were promised a garrison. Food, water, medical supplies, too."

"All I ask is that we entertain the thought. If nothing else, a Jedi in our midst may set a precedent for whom we cast our allegiances. We've much trust to build in the wake of the CIS, my lady."

The Queen sighed. He had a point, although she wondered if the arrival of a Jedi wouldn't simply paint a target on Theed for the Sith. What is Naboo's neutrality thus far was the only thing saving them from attack? She looked to Melantha Melantha with troubled eyes, hoping to find direction in her kind features and calm demeanor. Handmaidens may be bodyguards, but Melantha was a sister.

"Very well, Minister," she resigned, turning back to face him. "Please inform the Order that we shall accept their representative."

"At once, your highness."
SyHrT05.png
- Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Travelling Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Third Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Kalantha Kalantha

OIP.54EIQixlEBlNIdYmBBhzXwHaDJ

Jax had yet to step foot in the Jedi Temple and already he received word from the royal family of Naboo asking for him specifically to come and tutor the fracking Queen. At first, Jax thought it was some sort of joke he disappeared off the face of the Galaxy, returned with few people aware that Jax was even alive, and yet the Naboo government tracked him down? Either the SIA had beefed up their surveillance program while he was away, or somebody at Naboo had made a mistake.

The Jedi Master decided to take it in his own hands yet again and check out what was going on. He flew his X-Wing towards Naboo and landed on the designated spacepad. As soon as he left his X-Wing, Jax was immediately greeted by the Royal Guard. "Hello there," Jax gave a nervous grin. "I've just arrived to speak to the Queen."

"Master Thio," the guard said giving Jax a bow. "Welcome to Naboo, we are honored by your presence. A Jedi has highly recommended you to be the Queen's personal Jedi Master though I must stress that you keep her training hidden."

"I understand," Jax replied grimly. "The Sith are causing a little boarder crisis in the RTL area, I've read the reports. You don't want her to fall to the Dark Side."

"Y-yes," The guard hesitated. "Please follow me, she is expecting you."

Jax frowned as he followed the guard towards the Queen's room. It was a little strange of Naboo to choose a Jedi who fell to the Dark Side himself to train the Queen but Jax kept that to himself. As soon as he arrived, the Jedi Master gave her a bow smiling in the process. "My Queen," Jax said. "I am honored to be your Jedi Master though I am confused to how you were able to find me so quickly? I've spent a while on an....... impromptu vacation."

Kalantha Kalantha

If Naboo was so concerned about the Queen's safety, why would they ev

Melpost.png

Head bowed, Melantha kept her eyes on the ground as the minister made his explanation to Queen Kalantha. The handmaiden didn't even need to see the Queen's expression to know the growing frustration she felt. Melantha felt it, too – almost as if it were her own.​
However, her own feelings would remain wrapped in solemn silence.​
She was not here to form her own opinions. Besides, Melantha was reluctant to share her thoughts unless practically held at knife-point by the Queen herself. It was different, of course, when she and Inara were allowed to just be.​
The handmaiden glanced up in time to meet Inara's gaze briefly.​
A silent exchange, but Melantha did her best to convey what steadiness she could. Inara, you know what to do. Privately, she was quite proud of Inara, how the young woman had stepped into the role of queen with such grace. It wasn't easy, Melantha knew this first hand.​
As the doors opened to reveal their Jedi guest, Melantha moved to stand just behind the Queen and off to the side. Though she herself was certainly not a Jedi, Melantha was trained to protect Kalantha at all costs. This lone Jedi did not pose a threat – but that did not mean that the handmaiden would abandon her duty.​

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Travelling Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Third Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Kalantha Kalantha , Melantha Melantha

"Hi," Jax said smiling awkwardly. "I take it that you're one of the Queen's handmaiden?"

"She is the Queen's main Handmaiden Master Jedi." The guard corrected Jax. "You will follow her, the Queen is waiting for you."

Jax nodded. "Thank you," Jax said to the security guard before turning to the Handmaiden and the Queen. "I'm curious to know how you knew of my return. I didn't make it public to anyone."

"Not even @Jairdain," Jax said already feeling his stomach tying up in a knot. Jair..... Jax hadn't seen her ever since they last slept together back in Alderaan before Jax went to battle. He promised her that he'll be back, but he never returned. "I really am a lousy lover," Jax thought as he followed the handmaiden.

The Jedi Master then bowed again to the Queen. "It's an honor again your grace," he said. "Shall we begin your training?"

LRqfLRS.png

"It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi.”
- Padmé

CetylXK.png
Kalantha felt her spine straighten as the doors opened to reveal the Jedi emissary from the Alliance. She couldn’t help but feel a pang of anger in her chest. Naboo was counting on support, and they sent a Jedi instead.

One man, alone, without a single morsel of the Alliance’s promised aid.

And to make matters worse, he expected her to…

Train as a Jedi?” the Queen echoed. He must be joking. Was there an Alliance shipment of goods hiding behind him, or was this the Senate’s cruel idea of a lighthearted declination of support?

You… must be mistaken, Master Thio. I am no Jedi.

She scoured her mind as she stared at the Master before her. Inara was a gifted child, always a bit sharper than the rest of her class. She was witty, crafty even. But a Jedi?

That, she was not.

She hoped that Jax had a good explanation for his belief. It had to be a joke. Her eyes longed for Melantha, hoping desperately to find some semblance of sense in her presence. This just simply couldn’t be. Kalantha sighed, trying not to break her stately Naboo accent as she sought her words.

Forgive me, Master Thio. Naboo awaits word from the Alliance on the matter of a defense pact. Supplies and defenses for my people, in exchange for opening our world to Alliance refugees.

I trust you can understand how frustrating this game has been for me, now that I’ve seen both a senator and a Jedi with no further sign of aid.

She rarely spoke so candidly with visiting dignitaries, but Kalantha had long since grown tired of decorum with the Senate. Naboo needed results, now.
SyHrT05.png
- Jax Thio Jax Thio | Melantha Melantha

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Tag: Kalantha Kalantha , Melantha Melantha

The Queen was just as confused as Jax of the whole affair, Jax raised an eyebrow looking over to the handmaiden as if perhaps she could clear things up. Yet, Jax was certain that she didn't know anything as well. "I understand that Naboo has been under turmoil lately," Jax said when Kalantha lamented the lack of aid from the GA that she was clearly expected. "From the cataclysm which fractured the CIS leaving Naboo vulnerable to many attacks ranging from rangers and most recently the Sith."

Though Jax's knowledge of current events only came from talk from drunken spacers and Smugglers in Cantinas. In the Outer Rim, Holonet access was limited. "I wasn't aware of a defense pact your highness," Jax stated. "I've only received word that It is critical that I train you."

The Force is strong in Kalantha, Jax can feel it yet it lay dormant inside of her. Throughout the years, it had been discovered that Force sensitivity can be discovered at a late age though it wasn't as common. "Like I said," Jax continued. "I'm out of the loop because of my vacation but we must talk about your...... special abilities."

How was Jax ever going to convince a royal that she had Force powers? She wasn't the type who would lop his head off, but she may just send him away out of anger. He had to be approach this carefully. "Have you had moments that you..... had a gut feeling that something would happen before it did?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom