Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Like Clockwork

Ishale Belos

I
Corellia
Coronet
Skylight Cafe
2137 Local Time
A faint whisper of a sigh passed through faintly parted lips as Ishale, once more, found errors in the numbers at hand. Bless her mother's heart, she tried, but the burden of doing so many calculations virtually solo meant she made more errors than she could hope to correct.

This was the reason that Ishale often sat up late in small cafes like this, hazel eyes boring through page after page of information kept on her work pad. Tapping at the number with the protrusion of her right wrist bone, she sighed again, left hand leaving the warmth of the fresh cup of tea she'd just purchased.

Still, she found a reason to smile as she used her fingers to rectify the mistake; at one point in time, this had actually frustrated her. Now it was becoming second nature. It didn't occur to her any longer that, perhaps, had things gone differently, she'd have kept her hand... and the male half of her family.

But she didn't dwell on these things for long. A correction had been made, the scent of hot tea clung to her nostrils, and with the faintest wisp of a content smile on her lips she hefted her prize to her mouth and drank a hesitant sip.

Thank the Stars she did, too! Her head shot forward, lips sucking in at just how scalding hot the tea was. When they'd told her 'fresh', they'd meant just that. Most of the time, fresh meant 'not from yesterday' and the steam was more for show than from heat.

But she'd been wrong today. Brushing a tear from her eye, she chewed her lower lip and set about re-scanning data tables. Another boring day, another boring night, another boring cup of tea. Never anything of interest, thank the Stars. Last time something interesting had happened the dead had walked.

She really didn't need to hear the sound of people eating each other right now. Guess some things never truly leave you...

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Ishale Belos"]
The bell to the door of the small cafe rung as the door swung open. Quiet footsteps of a customer followed, a tall slender being entered.
The presence was masked in robes of the Jedi, classical, slightly rugged, underneath the robes there was a tunic, underneath the tunic there were.. bandages.
In face, bandages seemed to cover his whole body, the head, hands, they were even seen to poke out from his boots. He seemed like a cross between a Tusken Raider and a leper, leaning more towards the leper.

"The usual."
He muttered to the waitress as he passed her, quietly sitting by the bar and glanced around, the eyes of the being were hidden beneath protective goggles.
It was quiet, and slow, just as he liked it when visiting planets other than Abregado-Rae.

Only a girl sitting in one of the booths, working on something. The precise eyes of the being glanced to the data tables she was working on.
"Excuse me, miss."
He nodded towards her from the stool by the bar he claimed as his seat.
"Is it not too late to be working on math?"

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir was on corellia where he was on his way to a cafe. So he could have a moments rest. When he walked into the cafe everyone stepped back. He expected that, he was a very tall man. And very imposing. He walked up to a seat and sat next to a woman, the only free seat "I don't need anything" he said.

@[member="Ishale Belos"]

Ishale Belos

I
Ishale found her attention arrested by the strangest customer she'd ever seen in her life. Not only was it strangely dressed, it seemed stiff and moved with a heavy gate. And it's voice was so... peculiar. Part of her said she should know it, but so often those feelings were just the mind playing tricks on her, so she chose to ignore it for now.

Slowly, realizing the figure was speaking with her, she chewed absently at the side of her thumb - her only thumb. A nervous tic. "It's not math, per say. It's accounting. Family business. Checking the numbers." She admits a bit sheepishly. To say she was off put by the bandaged thing was putting it lightly.

Fear had entered her mind, but she did her best to control her panic. Whatever this thing was, it wasn't normal, and elicited connections to events she'd rather not remember.

And then a second person came in, also a freak... in his own way. Sucking in a deep breath as the man decided to sit next to her of all people, she subconsciously took her datapad and slid it just a little bit closer to her end of the booth. The same went for her tea. She didn't say a word to him as her brow furrowed with concern and her eyes flickered between strange-bandage-thing and gigantic-weirdo-thing.

This was decidedly uncomfortable.

@[member="HK-36"]
@[member="Vendir"]

Sargon could feel exhaustion in his very bones, and it was a fight he didn't even care if he won anymore. He'd been out on a personal trip to look at a piece of hardware for his extremely broken old freighter. Its age was much more of a problem then he originally thought it would be parts were rare and ridiculously expensive. His pay simply didn't met the needs required to refit the old ship no matter how much effort he was willing to put into it. Perhaps it was time to simply let it go and find himself a new ship before he spent as much on passenger fare as a new ship would cost.

Such did he find himself on Corellia a quick stop and go visit before he found himself back in space headed home. Of course he couldn't get a flight headed out to the Fringe for a few more hours so he had time to kill. Ordinarily he might even have enjoyed it, but he was simply too tired to wish for anything but some sleep.

Such it was that he found himself wandering in search of something to stimulate him or keep him awake. In his half coherent wandering he barely noticed the cafe as he walked by it. With a soft grunt he pushed the door open mechanically his body rebelling against any order but lie down, or sleep. Literally dropping into an empty chair he barely noticed the patron next to him appeared as if he was recovering from burns to his entire body. With a barely decipherable mumble of words he ordered whatever was strongest.

As he waited for it he tried to turn his senses on the cafe itself. It was a rather embarrassing moment for a professional soldier because in truth he couldn't have even told you what he was about to drink, much less who he was sitting next to. At least Corellian law allowed him a blaster pistol so he could pretend like he was a danger to anyone but himself.

@[member="Vendir"]
@[member="HK-36"]
@[member="Ishale Belos"]

HK-36

@[member="Ishale Belos"] @[member="Vendir"]
The bandaged being noticed the other strange presence come and sit next to the woman in the emptier cafe, it was late evening after all, and took note of woman's reaction.
"I do not suppose he is a friend of yours?"
He asked the woman as the waitress gave him the tea he placed an order for, HK gave a nod to her in thanks as he glanced to the tea, placing couple of credits on the counter for it.
He looked back to the young woman, bringing the cup of tea to where his lips would be and letting the bandages wet slightly.

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir looked at @[member="HK-36"] as he asked the woman if he was a friend of hers he looked at the man in bandages and said "no I'm not a friend of hers" he said looking over the man "are you scarred? Wearing those bandages and all" he looked away from him and continued "I would ask where you got them but..." He trailed off and sat back. Looking around the cafe absent minded he turned back to the bandaged man "judging by the fact I can not sense you're feelings you are a droid" he stared at @[member="HK-36"] then turned back to the woman. Studying her.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]@[member="Ishale Belos"]

HK-36

@[member="Vendir"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] @Ishale Belos
"Hahahaha!"
The being sounded out in sincere laughter
"Because you cannot sense my feelings? Child, do you have any idea how many Force techniques there are specifically to prevent somebody from doing that? Ayna-seff, White Current, Mind Blank, Taozin amulets, Force masks, there are many techniques that could hide one's presence in the Force and block others from intruding into their minds."
He straighten up on his stool, looking at Ishale
"But see, the fact that you attempted to sense out, tells me you are a Force sensitive, but the fact that you were not aware that there were techniques that can block the sense also tells me that you are not very experienced, a Padawan or Apprentice, in need of training it seems."
The being put his hands on his knees
"You were also not aware of existence of beings that are naturally immune to the powers of the Force, or that cannot be sensed so easily in the Force, like the Yuuzhan Vong, voids in the Force, tall with scarred bodies, they often wear bandages to conceal their presence in this galaxy. Or Shards, crystal beings with power to command the Force but need to use mechanic bodies to interact with the world, making them hard to detect through the Force."
Something did shift under the sleeve of his arm then, a faint hissing and rattling noise came out
"I would have suggest that the quickest way for you to find out would be to throw lightning at me, but I doubt you would even know how to."

Sargon listened to the bandaged patron simply rip the apprentice to shreds, and in his utterly exhausted state simply laughed. Not a chuckle or even short laugh, but the kind of laugh that makes your sides hurt and you worry you simply might not ever catch your breath again. The waitress came and brought some kind of dark green steaming liquid in a small cup. Se smiled down at him apparently hoping the near insane laughter would break the mood and prevent a scuffle.

With his body still racked by silent laughter he attempted to grab the tiny cup, and decided not to even comment on the fact that it was barely worth a couple sips. With a last spams of laughter he picked it up and silently saluted the bandaged patron with his cup, and then swallowed the entire cup of hot liquid in one gulp. To be honest he didn't know what he ordered, and had no idea just how strong the drink was. When he literally felt his eyes widen like he'd seen the sun for the first time he simply wanted to know if he was going to die.

His heart jolted in place literally pounding like he was running, and his mind raced quickly to the wonder how he was having a heart attack at such a young age. The waitress simply stared at him with her eyes widen in shock. After a moment Sargon realized he'd forgotten to start breathing again and merely looked around the room for the first time. He could feel his pulse racing beneath his skin the heat of his body seemed to be rising with. After a moment his eyes watered up as his body desperately tried to adjust to the amazing influx of energy.

Turning to the waitress he just dropped enough credits for the drink and a good tip before turning back around. “Well now, that was different. Crystal beings and the Vong eh? Well they didn't include those on my tourist guide when I arrived.”

@[member="HK-36"]
@[member="Vendir"]
@[member="Ishale Belos"]

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir looked at the droid and said "I do have an idea of how many techniques there are to stop a force user from sensing you" he stood up looming over @[member="HK-36"] "but if you where yuuzhan vong you wouldn't be here" he looked around at the bystanders and lifted his hand "you'd think I would use force lighting on you in such a populated place" even though Vendir was genuinely violent he still didn't want to kill any civilians "so let's go somewhere else" he flicked his wrist attempting to send the droid out the window. The droid didn't move. He lifted his hand and prepared to use force lighting.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]@[member="Ishale Belos"]

HK-36

@[member="Vendir"] @Sargon Vynea @Ishale Belos
Actually,
Vendir would not be able to throw HK, first of all, Vendir is only a Padawan, second of all, HK had magnetic feet that kept him nicely secure to the floor as well as density projector installed recently, it was not the first time he had to face a Force user, and while a Knight would struggle to use Force against him when HK's prepared, and Master would be able to after a barrage, Padawan would not be able to do such a thing.

The bandaged being only tilted his head at Vendir as a slight jolt was given to him but he did not budge.
"Now, let me ask you one more thing."
His hand moved from his knees to his hips
"Did you just attempted an assault at me with the Force?"
He armed himself in his lightsaber, hidden before beneath his robes
"Because I am afraid I will have to arrest you for assaulting officer of the Protectorate now."

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
"Nonsense" Vendir said "you wouldn't be able to arrest me. Because I'd either had ran or killed you" he took out his lightsaber "and I know you won't be so easily killed" he ignited his saber "so I would have made it off the planet before you're friends had gotten here" he cracked his neck "unless you subdue me before then" he lifted his hand again and used his force lighting, a weaker force lighting.

@HK-36@Sargon Vynea@[member="Ishale Belos"]

HK-36

@[member="Vendir"] @Sargon Vynea @Ishale Belos
HK simply activated his own lightsaber, the white blade flashed between them as it erupted from the handle, catching the Force lightning sent by Vendir, deflecting it like a shield. Vendir could feel the strong presence of the Light Side in the blade, the crystal used in it was a Force-imbued Solari.
With his other hand, HK tried to catch Vendir's own blade, metal claws extending from his hand in order to wrap around the energy blade of the larger being.

HK pushed back swiftly, attempting to send the lightning back at its owner and swat him with the lightsaber. Vendir, if he would be hit, would find that this particular lightsaber did not cut but bruised and stunned like a mace.

Soon, sounds of sirens and footsteps would be heard outside, unbeknownst to Vendir, HK was able of sending silent signals with his build-in communications.
"I am First Baron of the Protectorate, Iron Knight, Observer of Abregado-Rae, Commander of Iron Company, I have existed for 4,836 years, in that time I have slain 3 Sith Emperors, 13 Sith Assassins, 38 Sith Knights, 17 Sith Apprentices, 183 Sith Soldiers, 2 Jensaarai Grandmasters, 8 Jensaarai Knights, 1 Wound in the Force, 18 Force Vampires, 151 Force Undead, 281 Undead, 29 Jedi Knights, 134 Republic Soldiers, 13 Eldorai Angelii, 1 Mandalore, 13 Mandalorian Crusaders, 381 Pirates and Slavers, 263 Bando Gora Cultists, 82 Reavers, 39 True Reavers, 3 Bando Gora priests, 2 Daemons, 410 Seperatist Droids, and a Wampa."
He stared at Vendir as he spoke
"What is your score?"
He hissed out

@[member="HK-36"], @[member="Vendir"], @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Ishale Belos"]

"If one ever needed proof for why organics should be processed, here we have it," a dull, monotone voice suddenly spoke up and then Moira Skaldi stood there. She seemed to have the ability to appear unexpectedly and without making a sound, much like a ghost. If the Padawan who liked to play with lightning were to try and sense her force presence he would sense...exactly nothing. Nor any internal emotion. It was like staring into a void. Her eyes flared up for a moment before resuming their normal human colour. "Kill score contests. Will you two take off your trousers next and make measurements? But do go ahead and beat him."

Ishale Belos

I
Ishale had been about to stammer out a reply, but suddenly found herself in the middle of what was fast becoming a battle zone. Sliding herself to the back of the booth, she tucked her datapad away behind her to protect it before trying to stay as far out of this as possible without getting in the line of fire.

Awkward.

@[member="HK-36"]
@[member="Moira Skaldi"]
@[member="Vendir"]
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon merely blinked at the entire exchange, and wished silently he had walked to the next cafe. Even waiting out for the shuttle might have been better then then. He wasn't afraid of the danger he just simply didn't want to get caught up in anything given his affiliation. Standing up he did have the good sense to walk away from the scene. Of course there was also the poor girl who was stuck right next to the self impressed apprentice, and under normal terms he might even have wished her luck. However he couldn't be quite that cruel as he saw her frightened look and very apparent desire to get away from the scene.

Walking over to the walled side of the booth he simply offered her a hand, "Time to get out while the getting out is good, lady."

@[member="Ishale Belos"]
@[member="Moira Skaldi"]
@[member="HK-36"]
@[member="Vendir"]

Ishale Belos

I
Eyeing the burgeoning clusterkark in front of her, she almost didn't notice the Zabrak who came over and said something that her spinning mind didn't process. His lips moved, but she didn't hear much. She was able to process the hand, however, and figure out what was going on. Shaking herself from her stupor, she clutched her datapad in her left hand and extended the nub of her right arm to the man to help.

This is likely a first for him; offering a hand to a handless woman.

"Yes, yes... let's just get out of here." Truthfully, she looked more terrified than she felt. She was in a stupor at the moment.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon noted her hand without comment, though in truth he couldn't help but wonder what had happened. It wasn't the time or place to ask and so he simply helped her to her feet and lifted her over the short wall. The sirens were coming in from every direction and more then likely they'd be required as witnesses but that was another event Sargon was hoping to avoid. He was here on legitimate business, but he simply didn't want to be caught in the middle of something. Skirting towards the back he kept a hand on the woman's arm to try and lead her away.

"Worked in the back end of places like this a time or two. Always going to be an exit from the kitchen, if nothing else then for trash and deliveries." Walking into the kitchen Sargon moved naturally and ignored the scene he was leaving behind. Time to see if the residents were going to let them.

@[member="Ishale Belos"]
@[member="Moira Skaldi"]
@[member="HK-36"]
@[member="Vendir"]

Ishale Belos

I
Wailing sirens echoing through the city streets told her that Omega forces were on their way; assaulting a Protectorate officer on a planet owned by the Protectorate didn't sit high on her list of intelligent decisions. Then again, those with Force powers often fancied themselves above the law.

I imagine if I had that sort of power at my fingertips I'd develop a complex too...

Finding herself in the kitchen, she nodded at his words now that she was paying a lick more attention. Heart pounding, they moved passed employees anxiously watching the confrontation out front; no one tried to stop them. Finding a door with an 'exit' sign, she shoved it open.

Suddenly, a much louder siren blared in her ears. Fire Exit. Kark. Grimacing at the shrill noise, she looked up and down the alley they were in. Deliveries for a cafe weren't large, so they must have just wheeled them down the alley and in through the back. "I should get home. I don't need more attention than I'm sure to already have."

Turning away from the man and towards the left exit of the alley, she paused. "Thanks for pulling me out of there, by the by. I, uh, got a bit stiff there." The words tumbled awkwardly from her mouth, but there wasn't much she could do about that.

"You should probably head about your business too, yeah?"

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon paused for a moment his mind stuck on the decision at hand. By all rights he should get down to the shuttle bay, and pay for a chartered flight to Fringe space. He had the money after all, he'd come to buy ship parts and simply hadn't stung at the enormous cost for third rate parts. When he was Optio Sargon Vynea he would also have walked away. He had done what was required and helped the lady out of a bind, but at the moment he was just Sargon and that changed some things. He didn't know the neighborhood, hell he didn't know the planet, and she was a woman who'd just seen something that scared her into shock.

With the alarm going off and knowing he'd made the choice when he offered her a hand he shook his head. "No, if you don't mind I'll stick it out and call you ride home. I've got time to kill anyway, and I'd rather not just leave you here with an overly puffed up sith inside." To be honest he wasn't so much worried about the sith who was more then likely about to find out if he was the tough buy of the prison yard.

Offering his hand again he gave her a moment to decide. Either way he'd understand, but once you were committed to helping someone you were committed.
@[member="Ishale Belos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom