Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightsaber Crystals?

No, but the power cell can. If you're skilled at absorbing energy, on the other hand, you just can grab your blade with your hand and suck the energy straight out of it, as Nejaa Halcyon did according to the account written in 'I, Jedi'.

For the most part, Darron, they do, but people have been playing the KOTOR games too long and think that they can do other things, too. Mostly the differences in the crystal change shape, size and energy-level of the blade (most of the latter making the blade quite unstable). In truth, half the reason we have so many different crystal types is because you have varying levels of stability and focusing efficiency, not to mention ability to withstand damage (some crystals, such as the Corusca Gem could technically survive the destruction of the lightsaber housing it, for example).

And no, they can't, Darren. Lightsaber Crystals are usually imbued with Force energy when initially added to a lightsaber as part of the rituals used by a Jedi or Sith in the creation of the weapon (though a Synthetic Crystal has no need of those rituals, given that it is made using concentrations of Force energy and a few certain minerals, with a Forge), but draining that Force energy from a crystal would probably shatter it and make it utterly useless.

Alright Thanks guys. Well Im asking this because Im jsut thinking of some what to make utilties (belts, gloves, hilts of sabers or swords) that could store force energy. That way you could use alot more energy to do something.

Plenty of items store Force energy - the process was used in Sith Alchemy to create weapons and armour, just as it was with the Jedi, back when they used to use Force-augmented weapons in the place of Lightsabers. However, combining that energy with the equipment binds it directly with the item. Drawing that energy away would destroy the item, essentially dissolving it at the molecular level. It'd be dust by the time you were finished.

You *could*, but I'd argue against it. All the literature points to it not being possible, simply because Force energy combines with the object and bonds with it on some level, such that you can't remove one without obliterating the other. It just wouldn't strike me as, well, do-able.

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
Tirdarius said:
For the most part, Darron, they do, but people have been playing the KOTOR games too long and think that they can do other things, too.
You mean KoTOR is incorrect!? Well there goes my knowledge of lightsabers. Next you'll be telling me that Medpacs and their instant miraculous healing effects are non-canon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom