Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Lightsaber colors

Hello folks. Wasn't sure if this was better served here or the Role-play Discussion board. Still trying to figure out what goes where ^_^

Anyways I have two Force-users who I want to give lightsabers to. One probably will have to earn hers in RP, and one that would currently be in possession of one. Basically in creating my lightsabers I'm up in the air about how to assign color. Since the timeline here seems to somewhat incorporate both Legend and Canon. I was wondering if there was a consensus on which theory rings true in Chaos:

Legend lightsaber color theory was (as best I can tell): You obtain a crystal. Said crystal has a color (commonly blue, green, yellow. uncommonly anything in imagination). Force-users could choose the color of their crystal based on many different factors, but are not limited. Red crystals were synthetic, quicker, easier, more powerful(??) thus most red crystals were for dark siders.

Canon color theory is that a crystal picks its user and the color is decided by how the crystal is used. A little confusing to me but I do like this explanation seems more mystical than "I want a cool cyan lightsaber so I can be different."
However anyone who bends the nature of the crystal, commanding it instead of it being an extension of the connection to the Force will result in the crystal being red (dark side). This I am very much less enthused by. It gives light siders all the colors in the rainbow except red and basically give a dark side dualist a beacon that says "I am EVIL. You can't trust me."

Let me know your all opinions. Also, is it possible for a dark sider to have a purple or orange crystal based on the Canon theory? Is there a degree of corruption to a crystal? If the dark sider is less a dualist and more focused on his/her Force abilities would the crystal be "less" corrupted than someone who has the philosophy of when confronted by an enemy take their head off with their lightsaber?

Thanks guys!!

Lightsaber coloring is largely whatever you want. I can't think of any order on the board that adheres to the color=rank/class. Sith can have any color same as jedi... now what you do with those crystals is where it comes in.

I use whatever lightsaber theory I want lol. I must admit, I adore lightsaber crystals being semi-sentient and having connections with their users, and bleeding crystals and purifying them. Gwyneira killed an acolyte with a bleeding lightsaber crystal in her backstory, then I RPed her feeling the crystal's pain and finding a Jedi to purify it. She has a lightsaber with this very crystal to this day.

Also enjoy taking aspects Legends too. Once I RPed a Sith character who thought synthetic red crystals were cheap cop-outs and that bleeding crystals was the "real" way to obtain a Sith lightsaber.

Really, it's up to you. I just pick and choose what I want from Legends and Canon.

Be Sith. Use red. Kick Jedi butts. Problem solved.

Though, it should be said, I love the Nu Canon idea of bleeding a lightsaber crystal to make it red more than I like the idea of synthetics. On one of my alts, I had her create synthetic crystals with specific effects, but it could be combined perhaps, if you explain it well.

All things exist simultaneously on Chaos, so go nuts.

Ket has always used green colored crystals, just because I always thought they suited him. He's always carried identical twin lightsabers since he was a Jedi Padawan all the way to his fall and eventual ascension to Sith Master. Now, even as a Rogue Master, he still carries the same sabers, 23 years later.

I've always said, go with the flow. Go with what suits you, what works best. You want it to have meaning, go with it. If you want it to simply match your personality, that works too. Hell, I've known people who would rotate colors depending on their mood! It's all good when it comes to RP.

In Writing, There is Passion
I like the New Canon that Sith crystals are Kyber Crystals that are bled, tortured, and filled with hate and rage. Reminds me of Vader using his hate to meditate in “Lords of the Sith” by Paul S. Kemp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom