Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Light of my Life

This was not going to be the first time Jairdain had set foot in the Netherworld and she had the feeling it wouldn't be the last either. This day, she was here for a purpose and that was to find her husband. The man that had been the light of her life, her support, and guide for many years. She hoped to bring him back but the knowledge that probably wouldn't be an option stuck with her. Yuroic had gone accepting his fate and willingly died for a cause he believed in. He also most likely felt it had been his time to go.

She wasn't entirely ready to accept this herself and wanted so much to hold him again. With the changing face of the Galaxy, she needed him and his support again. Following a new path that had opened within the Silver territory, she approached the nightmarish grey in front of her.

Fear would draw the nightmares to her so she went without any. Sorrow surrounded her but she drew it in and allowed it to guide her. As she walked, the almost familiar sensations touched her. Voices from people that were long dead filled her ears. Since she was drawing that sorrow in, it overflowed and she started crying.

Tears came down her face as her steps faltered upon hearing the tones of her parents. This was one of many threats of the Netherworld. To be lost among those you loved in the past. Those that had passed on and lived out their eternity here. Almost falling to her knees as they came to her.

The memory of their lives together and how quickly they had been snuffed out engulfed the Master.

"Stay with us, Jairdain."

Wanting to do just that, she resisted their embrace and tried to find the presence of her husband amongst the chaos that was around her. Drawing in a few ragged breaths and wiping the tears from her face, she struggled for more than a few moments to regain her strength and fortitude. While she did not fear what was present, that did not mean she didn't have a longing to remain.

"I can't. Someday, I will stay. Not today though."

What Jairdain did not do was push her family away. She wanted to be with them again, almost as much as she did Yuroic. Recentering herself, she continued her search. One thing she did not do was call out to him. That action might cause her to be attacked by the various beasts that inhabited this realm. Something she did do was reach out and mentally tried to call to him.

In theory, the presence of a living being in this dead world might draw the attention of those close to them. With this hope, she walked on...

Yuroic Xeraic Yuroic Xeraic

How long had he been fighting the Sith on Anzat? Reliving that encounter over and over again, reliving every fight, every moment of training and every trial he had in his life. His body had been honed and forged through harshness to be a warrior, to fight the darkness of the Sith with every ounce of strength and determination he had. Had it been enough? Had he done enough to ensure not only peace but the safety of loved ones and friends? He hadn't found out, just stuck in limbo, unable to prevent all the memories, all the good and the bad he had done come flooding back to the older Jedi. He had died in his fifties and lost his mind years beforehand.

The Netherworld had changed, the Force had been disturbed with a presence that Yuroic did not understand. At least not yet. He had sensed those that were living coming to the Nether, exploring and setting up their bases. It was curious and Yuroic was waiting to see if the Silver Jedi were still around for him to join in and offer his guidance through the chaos that was the Nether. His thoughts were always of his home, his family and those that he once led and guided as the head of the Order.

For now, things were silent from the Silver Jedi and he remained patient in waiting. During his waiting, he could sense her, he wasn't sure if it was her but he needed to see. He needed to check if she was okay, that their family was okay and that she wasn't angry at him for running off to die in battle and avoid the slow death that he had been facing before. His body starting forming, turning from an essence, a breeze in the Force to a incorporeal being that could take the appearance of Yuroic in his prime. He chose this form because it best represented the Jedi in life, when he had his thoughts, his skills and most importantly his health.

He found his way to her, she was there with the remnants of her family, he could tell that they were ghosts of her past haunting her and trying to pull her closer to death. As he stepped towards her, he waved his hand and casted the ghosts away. They did not deserve to be here if they sought only to pull her to the Nether, she still had her path at least that was the way he saw it. Stepping from the shadows, Yuroic revealed himself to her, letting her see him as he stood there. His being was covered in Jedi robes, dark in colour but with the ghostly blue tint to them. His eyes were not the same as before and his beard in the trimmed well groomed style before his dementia started to affect him seriously. This appearance was unlikely to be noticed due to her blindness but he knew that there was a chance she would have a way to see him if she wished it.

"Jairdain. I am here, what brings you here my love?" His voice coming through clear but a little unsteady, not used to speaking since his demise it was a new and odd sensation to do so as a ghost.

Jairdain Jairdain

The Netherworld was not a place she would call a vacation paradise but Jairdain had visited it often enough she might consider having a home here. Then again, there were dangers here and she wouldn't want to put her children in any danger. This prevented her from doing that. Maybe she could build a secret refuge here that only she was aware of. Pushing these thoughts from her mind, she focused on her objective.

Getting tempted by her parents to stay, they weren't why she was here. They were pushed away but not by her. Thinking some vicious creature had scared them away, she prepared herself for a fight. She might not be able to see with her eyes, she could with her mind.

It wasn't a beast but her husband. A man she still loved deeply and always would. Lowering the barrier she had just placed around herself, she stopped and just breathed. It took Jairdain only a few seconds to gather her wits enough to react to him.

Separating her spirit from her physical body, she moved closer to him. Her body hit the grey ground of the Netherworld and she did not care. Limitations were left behind and she could see his image clearly. Two souls combined as she wrapped her arms around him unless he moved away. He asked what brought her here...

"You did. There's nothing more I want than to be with you again, my love."

Much like her family had been tempting her to stay with them, she was doing the same to him. Tempting him to return to the land of the living with her.

As he appeared before Jairdain, he had expected her to be surprised or not to be expecting to see him around here. His knowledge on this Netherworld was limited at best and he wasn't sure exactly how Force Ghosts worked. However, she seemed to have been searching for him and then completely left her physical body behind, something that shocked and worried Yuroic. He knew this place was dangerous and to just leave the physical body behind was beyond risky in his mind since he knew it would be impossible for her to return easily to the galaxy if she did not have that body. He took the hug and held her in his arms as he sighed. While his death at a youngish age was predictable and with his deteriorating health, very much evitable, it seemed that Jairdain was not adjusting to his demise as well as he had hoped his wife would.

"I can't leave this place Jairdain, you should know that now. I don't have a physical body any more for my spirit to return to. I would just be in limbo and lost forever if I didn't remain here." Yuroic looked at his love, "I so wish that I could return, to see the kids grow up and to offer my support best I can but I can't return. I am dead." It was hard words to say but necessary to say them, he needed his wife to understand that there was no returning to how things were for them. At least to his knowledge there was no way for him to return when he did not even have his own physical body and he was not going to take over the body of another being. That would be wrong and it would be cruel to do such an act to another being.

Yuroic took a step back, "I recommend that you return to your physical body. Best we find somewhere safer to talk and away from other ghosts who might be tempted to steal your physical form if you wish to remain outside it." He was concerned for her safety and didn't want to risk some Sith Lord taking over her body, potentially committing untold crimes and horror while appearing as Jairdain.

Jairdain Jairdain

These days it took a lot to surprise and shock Jairdain. To have her husband appear so quickly was far more of a blessing than anything else. She sensed his worry about the choice she had made to leave her body behind but she knew it was the right choice, for the moment.

Cherishing the spiritual touch for just a few moments, she silently agreed with Yuroic and returned to her physical body before anything was able to take control of it. Listening to him speak, she was quite sad and tears freely fell from her eyes again.

"There are ways you can return but I'm sure you wouldn't approve of them."

Finally speaking after gaining some control of her sorrow, she wiped at her tears and looked at him through the Force. Smiling, more to herself than him, she nodded in agreement.

"Have you found yourself a home here?"

Since he was entirely spirit, there was a chance she would be able to just mentally tell him what was happening to her life.

"Do you know how to look in on us?"

In a way, she hoped he had and did it regularly but then again, she was the one that understood the more arcane side of the Force. He might not have figured it out yet. Keeping the smile on her face, she was happy and content to spend as much time here, with her love as he wanted her to.

At least, until she needed to eat. Then she would have to return to the physical world and her life would go on without him.

Yuroic looked at her, it had been a long time since he had spent time alone with Jairdain, over the years it was filled children and only brief moments alone. He sighed a little relieved when she returned to her physical form, the Netherworld was a dangerous area and she was vulnerable to being attacked. When she mentioned of ways for him to return, Yuroic thought about it, being here wasn't enjoyable or peace as others had described it. The Netherworld was going through a tumultuous time currently and he wasn't sure how it would fair afterwards. However, he knew his answer and it would be a no. He didn't want to risk anyone's wellbeing by attempting to come back to life, he knew he had done the best he could in life and therefore, he didn't want to risk becoming a monster in vain attempts of living physically once again.

"No, no. That isn't the path for me. I will remain here and I am never truly gone. As long as you are connected to the Force then I will be with you." Yuroic stated as he offered a reassuring smile. It must have been tough for Jairdain, to suddenly become a single mother of 4 children and the lost of Yuroic, he could only admire that she kept it together as well as she has. He was sure if he had been in a similar setting then he would have spiralled and possibly returned to his spice addict ways.

When asked about a home, he shook his head, "I don't have a home, only recently formed this body since I have just been incorporeal form just moving along with the Force." Yuroic knew that Jairdain was much better in understanding this side of the Force, he had been solely focused on combat and ensuring he survived combat encounters with some healing as well. His understanding of this side of things was limited and he was not fully aware of how to keep an eye on his family outside of just sensing their presence through the Force.

"I know how to sense everyone but that is all I know how to do." Yuroic admitted.

Jairdain Jairdain

In her current relationship, Jairdain was making sure to set aside time for just her and Jax. This was something she had never really thought of while she was married to Yuroic. Realizing too late this had been a mistake, she had been out on several dates with Jax where neither of them had to worry about work duties or family. Not that he had any children of his own. Her own were almost grown up and even Dreidi had already moved away. If she could, she would like to have a reunion...something to get into motion when she returned to Commenor.

Speaking of that, her thoughts lead right into a question she had just asked him. If he knew how to check up on each of them. Listening to his answer, even though they were together, her being in her living body and him just being spirit, there was still a separation between them. That was why she had stepped out of her body for those few brief moments. She wanted to be one with him again and that was the only way.

Mentally sighing, she nodded when he answered. Smiling with a gentle look, she would reach out with the Force, and something that almost looked like a portal opened. Closer to a looking glass than portal really but it clearly showed their oldest daughter.

It seemed like she was sitting in a cantina. Having a drink and talking to an older woman. Seeing this caused a bit of alarm in Jairdain and she realized she probably hadn't been there for her daughter as much as she should have.

"Well, this is enlightening. I guess we all took your death to different degrees and maybe Nitya took it pretty badly."

Maybe she was more like Jairdain than she had ever considered.

"I think it would be wise to get you a home made and there you can practice reaching out to us. In time, maybe you'll even be able to communicate through the connections. Right now, I'm not going to disturb her since she's having a conversation with a new Master. Where would you like to live?"

From her previous journies through the Netherworld, she had found various locations and different settings. Most of them had been far from peaceful but she had once found an ocean with a beach. Perhaps, she could find it again and take Yuroic there. Whatever he said would decide what she would do for him.

Keeping her feelings to herself on his answer about returning with her, a small part of her understood while another felt even greater sorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom