Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Light it Up

Denon/Suicide Slums
Evening/light rain

GsAaTmd.jpg

She was finally where she wanted to be. She was in the gang, she had rented a hotel room in a better part of the Seven Corners, and now she had a job to complete. She was wandering through the Suicide Slums, her vibroblade hidden in a sleeve just in case someone wanted to try their luck. Her job was simple. She needed to meet up with another Darkwire member to find, track and dispose of a little startup gang trying to swipe Darkwire's own goods. She still needed to develop a degree of loyalty to the company, so this job meant little to her. All she needed was the creds. She only hoped that her coworker wasn't going to get in her way.

Her illuminated figure wandered through alleys and streets, her golden eyes scanning her surroundings with every step. She knew people were eyeing her but she wasn't bothered. As long as they kept their hands to themselves, they wouldn't get hurt. She glanced at a shop to her left but chose to resist the urge for a candy bar. That example of self restraint lasted a whole five seconds. After a few moments she emerged with a small chocolate slab in hand, her mask tucked into a pocket as she nibbled away. Luckily the neon pink lipstick wouldn't be coming off easily as she ate. It was a simple pleasure that never failed to lift her spirits. And these days she found herself in need of some spirit lifting more and more. She didn't think that the incident would affect her as much, but it was weighing her down more and more with each passing day. She would have started to feel down by now but with the taste of the chocolate on her tongue it was impossible for her mood to be ruined.

She arrived at the meeting point. A simple noodle stand with only one or two patrons enjoying their meal closeby. She was certainly early, so she wasn't expecting anybody just yet. As she glanced around she finished her chocolate and tossed the wrapper aside. She wasn't sure what she was looking for. All they said was that the guy looked like her "but more conventional". Whatever the kark that meant. She slipped her mask back on and adjusted her cap as she leaned against a wall next to the stand. With a deep breath she relaxed, waiting patiently for her coworker's arrival...

Spark Spark

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa
Denon, Suicide Slums

The neon lights only seemed more beautiful when paired with the light rain. Somewhere in the back alleys of the slums: stood a figure, only made out by the glowing red eyes. Around him corpses laid sprawled out, a few thugs decided it would be wise to try and jump a lone person. They were sorely mistaken. Spark slowly cleaned his vibroblade and sheathed it back on his belt.

The rain lightly pattered down his coat as he ran through the mission objectives that were given to him by the higher ups at Darkwire. Apparently he was to meet up with another Darkwire operative, and silence a fledgling gang who dared to take the syndicate's goods. Apparently the operative he was to meet was quite a character. Which obviously piqued the man's intrest.

Spark laughed as he made his way down the alley, the rendezvous wasn't too far off. It was a small noodle shop.

"Oh! This shall be fun." Spark said as he grinned under the mask.

As he exited the alley, the man caught sight of the noodle shop, surprisingly the little stand only had two customers who were perfectly content with eating their meals. Then he noticed her. His contact: leaning against a wall. She was flashy to say the least and Spark liked that.

He would slowly approach the woman; sizing her up. Out of nowhere, the man would speak.

"What kind of tea is bitter and sweet?" He asked only pausing for a short second. "Reali-tea." Spark said. Though it would be hard to tell if it was an actual joke.

The man moved his cybernetic arm in and out to make sure it was working properly before speaking again.

"Spark. I like your style." He said as he reached a gloved hand out.

Last edited:
Xan noticed the masked man approaching and glanced up with a raised eyebrow. Her mask illustrated as she bit her lower lip, trying to hold her laugh back at the stupid joke. "I swear, I'll shoot you for that." she quipped as a laugh bled through her voice. He introduced himself and she gave him a firm handshake. "Xan. Is your arm messing with you?" she asked him as she nodded to his mechanical arm. Having people wiggling it around wasn't something she was accustomed to.

She nodded for him to follow as she pushed herself off the wall. "Unless you're in the mood for ludicrously cheap noodles that might drop your life expectancy by ten years, let's move." she quipped and led the way towards their destination.

The poverty-stricken streets were depressing to say the least. But Xan ignored it as they walked through the slums. "So Spark...tell me about yourself. How long have you been part of Darkwire?" she spoke casually, twirling around to walk backwards for a bit as she spoke to him. "Also what's with the bunny mask? I mean...it looks creepy. I'd run for the hills if I had to fight a guy with a kriffing bunny mask and mechanical arm. But...is that it? Just weirdness factor?" she continued, trying to kill the awkward silence while learning about him. She spun back around and looked around them for a bit. "Crap...was it right or left?" she asked as they stood in a crossing. Her lips curled inward as she tried to remember the way. With a nervous chuckle she looked at Spark. "You got a personav or something on you?" she asked him.

Spark Spark

Spark chuckled. "It wouldn't be the first time someone's shot me over a joke." Spark sapid as they broke their handshake and she intoduce herself as Xan. "Good to meet you Xan. And Yeah, but it always does." He paused for a moment to bring his gaze up to here. "Yet, I'm used to it."

Xan motioned for Spark to follow; which he did. Only giving a small glance back to the noodle shop "Heard it drops it by 20 if you get the special." Spark added with a laugh. The masked man strolled through the slums behind Xan; paying no mind to the depressing sight around them. Xan was first to break the silence. She asked how long he'd been with Darkwire and to tell her about himself. She twirled around to face the man, and began to walk backwards.

The man remained silent for a moment, allowing the buzz of nearby neon lights to drown out the silence. He smiled under his mask, glad he'd be able to use another one of his made up backstories. It was nothing personal, he just had a thing for theatrics.

"I wasn't born here. Used to be a spy for the Imperial Security Bureau. We would infiltrate groups we that were a threat to our interests." He said as he continued to follow. "Then one day, I was sent out here, I was supposed to be looking into the Corpos. It backfired, I was caught, then left in a ditch with no arm. Darkwire found me, patched me up...been working with them ever since." He finished.

She asked about the mask in a way that made Spark break out into laughter. "What this?" He asked as he pointed to it. "Everyone likes a good mystery. Though you probably already knew that; as you are wearing one yourself." The masked man chuckled.

Xan turned around as they neared a crossroads. It was silent for a bit until she finally spoke up asking herself if it was left or right. She turned to Spark nervously and asked if he had a personav. His mask nodded. "Yeah, don't use it too often, cuz I don't actually know how to work it..." He rubbed the back of his neck, then handed the device to her.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Last edited:
Xan listened to the man's story...and she didn't buy a word of it. They were either from the same background or they simply played the same game. Either way, she wasn't going to pry. "If that were me, I'd blow them to hell and back...but then again, I can overreact sometimes so my advice might not be the most valid." she quipped casually as they walked. She raised an eyebrow as he laughed at her question. His own comment drew a chuckle from her as well. "Mine's less for mystery and more for...anonymity. I don't mind showing my face to people I know, it's just to keep people off my track on a job. Plus it's awesome! And it was only five creds so you can bet your ass I'll be wearing it." she explained to him with a smile, giving a good example of how the mask traced her lip movements.

By the crossroads he thankfully had a personav. "That's fine. I can teach you sometime if we bump into each other some more." she quipped as she worked on the device. A few seconds later the little screen showed her the way to their destination. "There we go. Come on, almost there." she spoke as she led the way, tossing the device back to him over her shoulder. "How don't you know how a personav works? If I had to guess, I'd say you're a single dad in his forties at this rate." she teased him with a snicker as she gave him a light slap on the shoulder.

They finally arrived at an apartment complex. Xan studied it for several moments before giving a shrug. "Normally I'd take the lift, but I'm really out of shape. So I'm taking the stairs. Feel free to take the lift if you're not in the mood to listen to me heaving like a Tauntaun on Tatooine." she commented, walking in through the front entrance. "Our targets are on the last level. Shouldn't be too hard. We just act casual, go in like we own the place and politely show them how badly they karked up."

She started her journey up the stairwell and, sure enough, her breathing was picking up by flight three. Though her pace didn't waver for one bit, even as she grumbled to herself just how much she hated her physical state. By the time she arrived at the top, she was quite out of breath. She took a moment to recover and straightened herself out. "Okay...let's...kfriff, I'm out of shape..." she muttered as she leaned against a wall. She pointed at a door down the hallway and gestured for him to go. "You do the talking...I'll just look tough." she grumbled as she followed after him.

Spark Spark

Spark couldn't tell if she bought the story. He guessed that was the problem when you wore a mask. Nobody could read your facial expressions.

"Where's the fun in blowing them to hell and back? I'd rather take them down, piece by piece; so they know their demise is coming." Spark said as they continued to walk. Xan explained why she wore a mask, and Spark nodded. "Of course, wouldn't want the Corpos knowing your face, could lead to problems down the line." Spark chuckled. "Plus your mask is pretty dope, now I feel like I overpaid for mine. When you talk it looks like the mouth moves. Mine doesn't do that." Spark complained.

Xan told him she'd teach him how to use it sometime. That's if they meet again. "I'm sure we will. And when we do, I'll teach you how to enjoy my puns." He said as she began to lead the way again. He caught the device and followed. As they walked, she joked that at this rate Spark was probably a single dad in his forties. At this he laughed. "Wait, I don't seem that old do I? Wait just because I'm not good with certain tech. Doesn't make me a dad in his forties...does it?" Spark pouted as she nudged him in the shoulder.

Soon they reached the apartment complex. Xan said she'd take the stairs, and gave him a very good reason to take the lift. "That's a uh...very descriptive...description." Spark said as he followed her. She explained that the gang was on the top floor, and that they were to show them how badly they karked up. Spark laughed. "This should be fun." He said as he followed Xan up the stairs. When they reached to top, she pointed to the door and said that he'd do the talking.

"Well of course I'm going to do the talking, you're and I quote: 'Heaving like a Tauntaun or Tattooine." Spark laughed as he used air quotes for emphasis. He waited for her to catch her breath before entering.

The apartment was a sight to see, the gang mustve rented out the biggest, most expensive room in the building. All to hold Darkwire goods. The pair mustve been on odd sight to the group of gang members who were lounging about.

"Who the feth are you? We didn't order any dancers!" The man asked as he and his gang gathered near the crates of Darkwire tech.

Spark tilted his head and stepped closer. "Dancers? Oh that reminds me!" Spark exclaimed as he face palmed his mask. "What kind of dance goes on at a baker's shop?" He paused, waiting for an answer. "Abundance." He said. Absolutely nobody laughed. He sighed. "I'll work on it...promise it'll be funny." He said holding his hands up in mock surrender. The gang looked at the two dumbfounded. "but, you know what's not funny? Stealing Darkwire tech, to make your own shotty cybernetics."

"Who the feth do you think you are." The man said as the gang readied their weapons: an assortment of vibroblades and blasters. Spark drew his own blade and looked over to Xan.

"Darkwire. My associate and I are here to reclaim our tech." Spark nodded to Xan.

"Hell, it's Darkwire! Blast 'em."

A volley of fire shot at the duo as Spark took cover behind a couch.

"Ladies first." Spark said. He then grabbed a shock grenade in his free hand and nodded.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

She couldn't help but chuckle as she regained her breath. She didn't like that he was making fun of her but at the same time she was finding the guy's crappy jokes to be just what she needed. With her breath coming back to her, she followed after him and let him do the introductions. With one hand on her hip she smirked at his little joke. A snort escaped her at the punchline, followed by a light shake of her head. It was impossible to take anything serious with him around.

Things quickly kicked into high gear, though, as they started firing at the two agents. Xan hid behind the couch and drew her blaster, giving him a nod in return. She waited for him to toss the flashbang over and disorient them before leaping over the couch. Landing on one knee, she took aim and dropped one then jumped in behind another piece of furniture, right next to another thug. He tried to take aim but she quickly put a hole through his head and pushed him into another gangster to throw off his aim. The trained Darkwire agent didn't hold back against the common thugs as she picked them off, though once she had enough focus on her she hid behind cover to open the way for Spark to move in as well.

She kept herself small, only making sure they couldn't get close. She tossed a smoke grenade over the kitchen island she was using to completely mess them up. She wasn't sure how advanced Spark's mask was but even without enhanced vision or breathing tech, he would have a much easier time than the poor remaining gangsters blindly firing away at whatever they thought were their attackers. Xan patiently waited for the sound of his attacks, planning out what to do next...

Spark Spark

As soon as Spark got a nod from Xan: he tossed the grenade over the couch disorienting the thugs for a few moments as Xan made her attack. The man watched as she flawlessly took out a handful of guards with trained precision. Xan fell back to cover as the wannabe gangsters began to focus on her. Eventually she tossed a smoke grenade over her hiding spot: filling the remaining thugs vision with a plume of smoke.

Spark grinned. "I have to say Ms. Xan, your skills are flawless. I can see why you're one of Darkwire's elites." Spark complemented his coworker as he stood up from behind his cover. He tapped the side of his mask. It definitely wasn't all for show; his thermal vision slowly powered up as he walked into the cloud. The man made his way to one enemy after another plunging his vibroblade into them. The only sound being that of the thugs dropping to the floor. Slowly the smoke began to clear as there were only a few remaining. He would go to grab one only to have his arm begin to malfunction. With a curse under his breath, Spark would finish him off by throwing his vibroblade between their eyes.

He looked to the last one and chuckled.

"Don't move." He said as he tilted his head towards Xan.

"What do you think? Finish him off, or let him run and spread word that its a bad idea to mess with Darkwire?" Spark asked as he turned his attention to the last thug.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

From her cover, Xan listened in to the man's handiwork. He cleared them out without any issue, though from her cover she did notice his arm messing around for a moment. She raised an eyebrow at the sight, wondering why he didn't bother to get it fixed. In no time at all, the place was cleared out and Xan got up from her cover. She glanced around and a smirk formed on her holographic mask as she looked at him. "Not bad...for an older fellow." she quipped as she approached the last thug, her pistol at the ready in case he tried anything.

Spark asked about what to do with him and she thought for a moment. "Let's leave him. I'm sure he'll make it quite clear why kriffing Darkwire is a bad idea. Won't you?" she asked with a wicked grin as she leaned in close to the guy. He was obviously afraid. Of course he would be, he just witnessed all his gang mates get slaughtered. "Well?" she asked him with narrowed eyes, brushing her pistol against his chin. He gave a frantic nod and she stepped aside, letting him scramble off. "I hope he's got clean pants where he's running to." she quipped as she glanced at Spark.

She looked around the place before making her way to the small kitchen area. After a bit of messing around she got a rather incendiary concoction ready with some blaster cartridges on the stove. "Come on. Let's get out of here." she quipped as she made her way towards the door. Once Spark was out, she politely closed the apartment's door and made her way back to the stairs. "See, this is easier. I could run down stairs all day." she joked as she took a light jog a few levels down. A few moments later, the building shook as a violent explosion engulfed the apartment. Alarms blared and people started scrambling to see what was happening. but Xan kept her tempo down the stairs. She only turned to Spark again once they exited the building. "So how do you like to celebrate a job well done?" she asked him cheerfully. "Personally, I like a cool drink after a job." she moved right beside him and threw an arm around his waist. "Though, if you're up for it, we can go back to your place for some extra fun." she teased with a wink before putting some space between them again.

She glanced at him then to his mechanical arm. "Why don't you get it looked at? You almost had trouble back there. One of these days it could cost you." she commented with concern, gesturing to his arm.

Spark Spark

Xan made her way out of cover and approached the thug. Spark watched as she toyed with the man, voicing that he'd spread the word not to mess with Darkwire.

Spark turned his head to watch as the last thug scrambled away. The man let out a laugh as the gangster stumbled out the door. Spark looked over to Xan and tilted his head: she called him an older fellow...again.

"You like playing with fire don't you?" Spark jabbed. "you know what the cliché says...you play with fire, you get burned." Spark chuckled.

Spark watched as she made her way to the kitchen area and fiddled with something. She then made her way to the door and told Spark that it was time to leave. The masked man followed her out of the apartment and began to make her way down the stairs in a jog. Spark followed.

As they made their way down, an explosion from the upper levels: causing the whole building to shake. Spark kept his pace with Xan as they continued down.

"I guess you like playing with fire..." Spark said as he followed her out of the building. As they exited, Xan asked how Spark liked to celebrate a job well done. Then stated that she liked a cold drink after a job well done. Without warning Xan got real close to Spark and wrapped her arm around his waist. She said they could go back to his place for some extra fun, then winked. Spark froze for a moment. Then she pulled away and gave him some space.

"You-you sneaky Shadowrunner..." Spark said with a grin.

"Let's go get a drink. Nice try, but my place is off limits till at least a third date." Spark said playfully. As they walked Xan looked over to his arm, she voiced her concern that it could cost him his life; and that he should get it looked at.

He sighed. "So you noticed." Spark said as he held out his arm.

"Fixing it would be easy, I have no doubts about that, and tonight could have ended badly, but this arm is something special to me. Fixing it wouldn't be right." Spark said somberly.

The man laughed hoping to clear the air.

"So where's the best place to get a cold drink? Maybe you'll even get to see the man under the mask." Spark said playfully.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan laughed at his reaction, turning to face him as he came to a halt. He laid down his disclaimer, though, which earned a whine from her. "Why you gotta be like that." she mumbled with puffed cheeks, though she quickly gave him a smile again as they started to walk. As they made their way through the streets, he explained the issue behind his arm. She glanced at his arm then back to his mask, finding the reasoning rather curious. "I mean...if it's that special, then I understand. Though in this line of work, glitches can be fatal. Just saying." she commented, raising her hands as she backed up slightly to signify herself dropping the topic.

Spark brought their attention back to the current objective: finding a place to drink. Xan smirked and bumped him lightly with her shoulder. "I know a place. And I'll be lying if I said I wasn't curious. Though between you and me, my place isn't off limits. Just in case you need a place to sleep." she explained, flashing him a wink before taking the lead. "Stay close! Wouldn't want you getting lost now." she joked as she walked through the streets.

She led him to the Blue Flame. At this point it was the only place she knew but she didn't mind. It got the job done and its prices weren't bad. She took a seat by the bar counter and ordered them both fuzzy tauntauns. She slipped her mask into her pocket and placed her cap beside her on the counter before sliding a shot over to Spark. "Well then, what's gonna happen now? Am I going to be one of the only people being let in on the secret? Or are you gonna keep a girl guessing for a while longer?" she asked with a hushed voice, leaning in as well to go along with her exaggeration. She picked up her glass and raised it toward him. "To a job well done." she toasted before slamming the shot back. With a sigh she closed her eyes and savoured the taste of the drink, then glanced back at him. She propped her head up on the counter with her arm as she waited in anticipation to see what was under the mask...

Spark Spark

Glitches can be fatal...

She wasn't wrong. Spark had been through a number of near death experiences due to his malfunctioning gear, all because it was special to him. Those words gave him pause and lingered in his mind long after Xan raised her hands and dropped the topic. She gained his attention back when she bumped shoulders with him.

Xan said she knew a place to get a good drink, its what she said next that made him thank the stars that he was wearing a mask. Spark's face turned red. Before he had a chance to respond, Xan winked and took the lead, telling him to stay close.

Spark smirked. "You're dangerous." Spark said as he picked up the pace and followed her. Soon he would be led to a place called the Blue Flame. Spark hadn't heard of the place but he trusted Xan to pick a good spot. Spark followed her inside and took the seat nest to her at the bar. She ordered two Fuzzy Tauntauns, and slid one shot over to Spark. The man stared at the shot for a bit. He wasn't much of a drinker but he figured Why not?

Spark watched as she slipped her mask and cap off, revealing her face fully, and allowing her hair to be revealed to its full extent. The other Shadowrunner simply stared for a few seconds. Then Xan asked if she'd be one of the few to actually see his face, and be let in on the secret. Or if he was going to keep her in the dark for a bit longer.

Spark sighed but ultimately laughed. "You don't give up do you?" Spark said as he picked up the shot and clinked it against Xan's. Spark put the glass down and reached for his mask.

"I'll admit, having you guess for a while longer would be fun." Spark said as he placed his hands back on the counter. "But seeing as you revealed yourself to me, it's only fair I do the same." Spark said as he put his hands on his mask. He slowly took it off, then pulled back his hood.

He was glad the bar was fairly slow. If there were more people around, he'd be a bit more concerned.

"Count yourself lucky Xan, you get to see the 'real' me" Spark showed off a goofy smile as he looked over to Xan.

ESIAS1qXYAA_Fc6

Artwork credit: here

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan chuckled at his quip. "Giving up's something I'm horrible at." she retorted as she shifted a little closer to him. He finally caved and Xan's eyes went wide with anticipation. She watched closely how he dropped his hoodie and pulled his mask up...

"Oh..." she muttered, looking over his features. "I wasn't...well then." she fumbled a bit over her words before knocking back her shot. "Wasn't sure what to expect." she admitted with a giggle. She ordered them both another round and turned in her seat to face him fully. "Well I'm definitely not complaining. The real you isn't that bad to look at." she teased as she gave him a wink. She sipped at her glass as she looked around, making sure they didn't have eyes on them. Luckily they were all alone by the bar. They definitely picked a good time to get a drink. She looked back at him as thoughts crept into her mind. But there was one that she couldn't keep to herself. "Hold up. You look about as old as me. How the kark do you know so many bad jokes?!" she asked aloud, giving him a smack against the shoulder. "And on top of that...how don't you know how to use a personav?" she continued with her joking annoyance.

She finished off her shot and opted for something easier. She ordered a cider and turned to face him once more. "Feel free to get whatever you like. Drinks are on me." she insisted, flashing him a gentle smile. "If you don't mind me asking, what's with the black?" she asked as she gestured to the black area around his neck and ears. "Is that just to help with the mask or is there more to it?" she asked as she took another sip of her bottle. She was feeling like a bit of an idiot, but with all the hype he was building up, she was very curious.

Spark Spark

"You and me both." Spark agreed as he pick up his first shot and downed it. He eyed around the bar for a moment as Xan reacted to him taking his mask off. It definitely wasn't a reaction he was expecting, though he took it as a compliment. He watched as she ordered another round, and more shots came.

There was a brief moment of silence. Xan broke it by asking how he knew so many bad jokes when he looked around the same age as her. He chuckled as he felt her slap his shoulder. "Well, it started off as...well sort of a hobby." Spark turned his seat to face her, and gave a shy smile and rubbed the back of his neck. "Then I realized you can get people to let down their guard by breaking the ice with them. It helps when you have to go undercover. Even in fights, you say a pun and confuse your opponent." He said as he downed his second shot. "But that might all be nnonsense. Who knows, I might just do it because I love awesome jokes and puns." Spark said with a smirk.

"As for the Personav. No comment." Spark said with a smile. He watched as she ordered a cider, and told him to order whatever he wanted. Spark raised his eyebrows.

"You sure about that? might end up spending all your hard earned credits." Spark joked as he ordered another shot. He wasn't much of a drinker but he figured he wanted to show off.

As his shot came Xan asked about the black around his neck and ears. A look of confusion washed over his face for a second, then he realized what she was talking about.

"OH! This." Spark said as he copied her gesture. "It's actually a bit of both. It helps with the fitting of the mask I guess. But it's actually cybernetics, don't ask me what they do. Because if I'm being honest, I don't quite know." He admitted. "When the mod junkies were doing my arm, they kinda got carried away." Spark said as he downed his next shot.

That's when the alcohol started to catch up to him a bit. Spark's face lit up as a goofy smile spread across it. "I got a good one." Spark said out of nowhere. He stacked the empty shots up and ordered another shot.

"Why did the drunk climb up on the bar roof?" Spark paused as he met Xan's eyes. "because he heard drinks were on the house!" He finished as he broke out in laughter. When it died down he would shake his head.

"Okay that one wasn't too bad, you have to admit." Spark said with a genuine smile, leaning a bit closer to Xan.
Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

She listened as he explained his little hobby. She giggled and took another sip of her cider, enjoying the story. "Well as far as hobbies go, I guess it isn't that bad." she commented as she gave him a warm smile. She finished off her cider and ordered another shot along with one for him again. He asked about her choice of words, earning a raised eyebrow from Xan. "You sound really confident in your drinking ability." she quipped, quite sure that he was only trying to impress her.

He explained the black around his neck which sparked her curiosity. She opened her mouth to ask what they did but he beat her to it. "Sounds like a bit of trouble, not knowing what your mods do." she commented, sipping at her shot. The alcohol was blending in with the atmosphere. They barely knew each other but he was giving her exactly what she needed. She was grateful for it. Even if she didn't show it, she was glad that she got teamed up with him.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when he spoke up again, starting with another joke. "Why?" she asked softly as she leaned a little closer, wanting to hear what the punchline was. The joke earned a snort from her which quickly turned into a laugh as she shook her head. "I'm gonna kick your ass one of these days!" she spoke as the tried to compose herself. She looked at him and leaned forward, slightly narrowing her eyes. "But yeah, that's a good one." she admitted softly, her eyes darting between his eyes and lips. "Well then, mister Spark. What now?" she asked him softly as she nibbled on her lower lip. "We just gonna stare intensely or are we gonna do something?" she quipped as she looked into his eyes.

Spark Spark

Xan's laugh definitely caught Spark off guard, he wasnt expecting her to actually laugh at his stupid jokes. When he told them people usually never laughed, and if they did it sounded forced. However hearing Xan laugh, Spark could tell that it was genuine.

"Not knowing what they do is part of the thrill right?" Spark said with a grin.

It was nice being able to be himself. Spark spent so much time hidden away under his mask; that it began to feel as if the mask was his whole personality. But that wasn't true. He smiled to himself as he downed another shot. Spark didn't realize he had been staring into her eyes for a bit too long, but it didn't seem like she minded.

When she brought it up, his face went pink with embarrassment. "Damn, hey! Did I say you were dangerous. Cuz you are." Spark said with a small laugh.

"I may have heavily exaggerated my drinking ability...sorry." Spark said as he smiled, not daring to breaking eye contact with her. "But that being said: I don't mind gazing intensity into your eyes." Spark teased.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Once again he mentioned that she was dangerous. She blinked and lightly brushed her leg against his. "Don't worry. I'm only dangerous when I'm bored. You're far from boring." she quipped gently. He admitted what she suspected, earning a giggle from her. "I'm with you on that one, my drinking ability isn't the most stellar. Perfect for us though, it means my account gets to live a little longer." she quipped, brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear.

She looked back to him as he teased her, making her smile warmly. She finished her shot and looked back to him, her golden eyes studying his features. "Well all these drinks got me feeling rather brave...and I'd like to do a bit more than stare." she quipped before closing the distance and planting a peck on his lips. Though once she did that, a red hue crept onto her cheeks. "I'm sorry...that was unnecessary of me." she muttered as she shifted in her seat. "I shouldn't jump you like that." she apologized as she looked away with embarrassment. She looked back to him and couldn't help but give an embarrassed smile. "Besides, you look so kissable." she teased him as the blush on her cheeks started to fade.

"So what do you wanna do next?" she asked as she looked around, noticing more people entering the bar. It was getting a little full for her taste and probably for his too. "Let's get out of here." she muttered with a mischievous smile as she slipped on her mask and cap. After adjusting her bright purple hair, she got up and waited patiently for him to get his mask on again. She led the way outside and, once they were on the streets again, wrapped her arm around his side to walk with him. A toothy smile shone on her mask as she glanced up at him again. "Wanna come over to my place?" she asked him, a mischievous giggle bleeding through in her voice.

Spark Spark

"Well I'm glad I'm not boring." Spark said with a smirk. Spark laughed as Xan also admitted that she wasn't a heavy drinker which was okay because it meant her bank account could last a bit longer. "Always look to the bright side." Spark laughed as she fiddled with he hair. Spark raised an eyebrow as she admitted that she was feeling brave enough to try something other than staring. "Oh?" Spark asked, but soon got his answer as she closed the distance and planted a kiss on his lips. When she pulled away, a red hue would begin to form across Xan's face. Then she began to apologize.

"Don't worry, I certainly don't mind." Spark said with a smirk as she got all flustered. "You have a very kissable face as well Ms. Xan." Spark commented as she started to regain he composure. Spark looked towards the entrance and noticed more people entering the bar, and on que Xan asked what he wanted to do next. Before he could answer she suggested getting out of the bar. Spark couldn't agree more. It was way too crowded for his liking.

Spark instantly rose from his seat, grabbed his mask and slipped it on; followed by his hood. Xan led him outside and instantly wrapped her arm around his waist. Spark felt the cool air nip as he wrapped his arm around her. He couldn't help but smile as they walked, this was probably the happiest he'd been in a while. She looked up to him and asked if he wanted to go over to her place. Spark nodded.

"Why not? Should be interesting to see what kind of place you live in. Must be much cooler than my place." Spark quipped with a smile. It must've been an odd sight, two masked figures walking down the street holding eachother close. Spark chuckled at the thought.

"I do want to know...where you learned to fight like that. I was watching you up at the apartment, simply amazing." Spark said as he kept his pace with hers.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan chuckled at his comment, shaking her head. "Don't get too excited. It's nothing fancy. The only good thing about it is the view." she admitted as she looked up at him. She was keeping it in the back of her mind...but this little chat with him was bringing back some stirrings. She snapped out of her thoughts when he asked about her fighting capabilities. A smirk formed behind her mask as she looked up at him. "I'll tell you...when I get to see what's behind that mask again." she teased as she hugged him a little tighter.

She led him to her apartment and stuck close in the elevator up. When they reached an upper level, she stepped out and pulled him along towards a door. Her apartment was a mess to say the least, but it got the job done. Once inside she tossed her jacket, cap and mask aside before turning to face him. "Deal's a deal. I'll tell you once that's off." she quipped as she pointed at his mask. While he worked on that. she headed off to the kitchen for a cup of caf for the both of them. "I was something of a soldier. Unit I worked under was a special forces-type deal. It was grueling...but it got me into shape. It also came in useful when I got tired of the soldier's life." she explained to him as she handed him his mug.

She motioned to the couch behind them and sunk down into it. With a smile she patted the seat next to her and laid her legs over his lap once he sat down. "Now tell me about this ISB career of yours. They teach you anything useful?" she asked him as she sipped her drink, gently poking his side with her shoe to mess with him.

Spark Spark

Spark laughed. "Ooh fancy, you have a view. Thats good enough for me." Spark said as he looked to her. When he asked about her fighting capabilities, a smirk formed on her holographic mask as she said she'd tell him after he took off his mask again. "That intrested in seeing my pretty face again? Deal." Spark agreed to Xan's terms as she squeezed him tighter.

Soon the two would reach her apartment, and it was interesting to say the least. Before he could comment on it: Xan reminded him of their deal. Spark once again pulled back his hood and took off his mask. He set it down on a couple of boxes. Xan began telling Spark of how she was something of a soldier for special forces. He would nod as he took the cup of caf and followed her to the couch. Her work was grueling so it got her into shape and helped when she left the soldier's life. Spark felt her legs draped over his lap as she nudged him to talk about his alleged ISB past. The man smirked as he looked around the room.

"Nothing as interesting as the special forces, I'll tell you that. Let me say, your place is very...nice. a bit messy for my taste, but it has a nice 'lived in vibe." Spark started as he took a sip of the caf; hoping it would sober him up a bit. "Anyway. I learned all my tricks from the ISB, that being infiltration and espionage. My time was cut short as I said earlier, and I ended up in a ditch with no arm." He continued as his gaze fell onto her. "the combat skills are something different, I actually learned to fight from a traveling Cathar. Surprising right?" Spark smirked. He leaned his head back.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom