Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spek Zhio Spek Zhio Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Bohatei Chorva Bohatei Chorva

Aeshi just nodded and maneuvered another crate towards the loading ramp, grunting a bit with the effort as she moved it onto a trolley to lever it up the ramp, her boots echoing on the metal ramp on the way down. "Well, if you need any last-minute provisions, this is almost your last chance. As for my trigger finger..." She paused at the bottom to step aside as Kyra pushed another past her. "I've never shot anyone who didn't deserve it. Bucketheads deserve it most."

Her voice was calm, but there was a bit of a frosty chill to it, but it faded back to professionalism as she considered for a moment, raising an eyebrow. "Who me? I was practically born on a freighter. My parents used to haul cargo on runs up the Core and I had a little bassinet in the co-pilot seat, so I was running sims before I could talk."

The words were a bit brittle, and a little cracked as she spoke, but she forced that aside. "And I'm a Tillian. Flying is what we do and we're the best at it in the whole Southern Systems." She leaned against a crate and pushed it aside, "I think this is about the last one and we're just about ready for departure. Yours loaded, Bohatei?"

"Droids? How curious..." He was about to say how he never trusted droids to do the flying for meatbags - such as himself. For all their binary precision, they lacked the ingenuity oftentimes required to overcome some situations. But then again, he reminded himself of Alcyone, and thought best not to make any remark.

Truth be told, it was not the exact same thing. Seeing as Alcy mostly took care of menial tasks - like maintaining a breathable, livable, bubble; across the depths of realspace - and all the piloting, that involved more than a mere sequential ignition of afterburners or repulsorlifts, was left to him.

Having a sole AI for companion on a sizeable ship did, however, give him a next topic.
"And you never feel alone, with just droids for company?"

The Zeltron would savor his drink, while listening to her. He had his chrono set to warn him five standard minutes before the scheduled departure time, and the drinks were already paid for on arrival. As such, there was no risk of appearing rude by constantly stealing glances at the thing, while making sure that they were not running late. He kept his eyes either casually focused on her or his own drink.

"You run a most curious crew, Sasmay," the alarm went off, "unfortunately, look at the time! We better get moving.

"I would love to pick up our conversation once we finish the job, if you're so inclined to as well,"
he said while getting up, waiting for her to do the same before starting on the short walk back. "I'm sure the story of how you got into this line of business is a very interesting one!"

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

Bohatei reciprocates the smile.

Being upbeat came as naturally to the Zabrak as breathing, nodding his head at her reply.
"Gotcha. Appreciate the help." He replies shortly after, lowering the trolley enough for the platform to sit underneath the crate. Once it was firmly in place, he lifted it up once more with a grateful expression.

As the crates were eventually all loaded up, Bohatei listened to the both of them talk with curiosity in his eyes. "Grew up planetside, m'self." He joins in on the conversation. "Considerin' how often you must be flying then, was it ever weird to be landed?"

At her question, Bohatei nodded his head. "Locked, stocked and ready to roll at your word, cap'."

He always was a sucker for rhyming.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull Bohatei Chorva Bohatei Chorva Spek Zhio Spek Zhio

Was it weird to be landed?

The thought hit Aeshi like a runaway bantha and she froze for a moment to let the breath hiss out between her teeth as she wrestled a crate into position against the side of the hull. "I got stuck on Coruscant as a kid. Hated every moment, but had no way off. Never like getting too far from my ship now."

Ten years it was, thrown into the orphanage run by the One Sith in the shadow of Coruscant's towers. Streets where you could pick between crime rings and the One Sith troopers and it would be about the same. Mockery. Teasing. Hunger. Cold. Another fast breath and she pushed her mind away from the memories, looking at the job ahead.

"Sounds good, Chorva. Let's get up and going. The galaxy awaits, does it not?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom