Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life Day

"It is not-" Yula protested, melodramatically harsh. She would have swatted her baby sister's hand away, but the boots acted as a good enough buffer. "S'okay." The beginning of a shit-eating grin tugged at her lips in a "ha-ha-I'm-the-good-child" sort of way, and she hooked an arm over Kyra's shoulder. "You can buy me dinner."

After exchanging customary ribbing between siblings, their collective attention was drawn by the approach of a festive-looking Wookiee. Yula craned her neck a bit to meet his gaze, finding him tall for one of his kind. She blinked, the native greeting having caught off guard, and glanced to Kyra to see her reaction. During her smuggling days, Yula had been passable in conversational Shyriiwook. But now? Maybe a few broken phrases at best.

Receiving the bag, she smiled politely at the elder and uttered what she thought was a "thank you" to the kind Wookie before he'd meandered away. The older Zeltron reached into the bag with an inquisitive look, and pulled out a tinsel grenade, testing the firmness of the capsule with her thumb. "Huh." It was experimentally tossed at Kyra's face.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Silver Strand Silver Strand

The grizzled wookiee continued along, pausing to stand next to Makko Vyres Makko Vyres at the sparring ring. After bellowing a few choice words of encouragement to several of the ring's occupants, the festive wookiee offered a greeting in Shyrriwook to the jedi master before passing an unassuming, plain wooden box to the warrior. Inside it was a pair of ceremonial fire rryk blades.

The wookiee continued to wander through the village, eventually coming upon Starlin Rand Starlin Rand , Creuat Creuat , and Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna . For once, the wookiee decided to wait a moment before handing out any gifts - it probably wouldn't be wise to hand out weapons or other combat gear when tempers appeared to be so hot.

Kyra stiffened, the bomb going off and loading her with armfuls of ... tinsel.

"...Mrf," she could be heard protested underneath, the pink girl not visible under the layers of itchy plastic silver. The boots came tumbling down of out the pile, half caught up in wayward strands as Kyra picked herself out of the harmless prank.

"That'll be the last time I let you except things from strange fuzzy creatures." She spat out a mouthful of tinsel, grabbed a rocket from Yula, and before another thing could be said--

pop

Payback.

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Leddie seemed a bit surprised by how Hayde Torve Hayde Torve put it, but still, she wasn't sure how to answer the woman. She looked at her bes'bev again, thinking.

"Sort of.... I still don't really know what I want to do. Could be a hunter, maybe a soldier. Farmer. Bet my Mom wouldn't mind a safer job like that. Pilot maybe. I just... don't know yet."

Hayde hesitated for a moment. Another lost soul? Looking Leddie Gred Leddie Gred up and down, she didn't seem like it at least in appearance. But the woman herself knew that appearances could be deceptive - it was almost if her whole life was nothing but that. By the maker, she just listed half a dozen occupations, none of which are related to each other...she really doesn't know what she wants to do, does she? She flashed a quick smile to cover her momentary pause of thoughts.

"You just reminded me of an old friend. Didn't know what he wanted to do with life, ended up floating around the galaxy doing odd jobs on tramp freighters. Never really rich or well off in the process, but he said that he saw so many things he never would have seen otherwise - got a wealth of experience in the process. I guess what I'm trying to say is that life isn't always straightforward. You look at many of the galaxy's heroes and most well known people - some of them seem to have a fairly straightforward path to success. Others of the most influential people, especially in the criminal underground or in the Outer Rim have had far more varied carreers. You ever here of a man named Lando Calrissan? An old Rebel Alliance General?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom