Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life can be fun

Davin Starrunner checked the scanners on his ship for what seemed to be the millionth time. They had arrived on Tatooine a day ago to meet a contact here who said they had some interesting information on a bounty that Stardust had been tracking. He was now six hours late and Davin couldn't help but wonder if, at best, hey had been stood up, or, at worst, set up for an ambush. All this waiting set Davin's teeth on edge. He hated waiting. For him, the waiting before any battle was the worst type of torture. "This is useless. How long are we going to wait here Stardust?"

he said he would be here but he isnt"stardust said looking around at all the dunes"wait i see something"stardust said as she saw a sand speeder come over then two three before she knew the dunes hills were lined with either mmen tanks or speeders"well crap
@[member="Davin Starrunner"]

Davin pulled out his macrobinoculars and saw what was coming, "Well this is just great. You said this contact was reliable Stardust. I don't know about you but being lured into an ambush is NOT my definiton of reliable." Davin lowered the macrobinoculars and tapped a few buttons on his wrist computer to make sure that his ship was ready for a quick getaway under fire. "See your contact anywhere?"

Davin shrugged as he pointedly ignored the dirty looks he was getting from the Twi'lek bounty hunter, "Well that saves me the trouble of hunting him down and killing him. Only now we've got an armored division to play with." Davin looked around at the arrayed forces and watched as he got a comm chirp. It was from the commander of the armored column. You couldn't tell under his helmet, but Davin smirked as he heard the message. He looked at Stardust, "He says that we have 30 seconds to surrender or we'll be destroyed." Davin pretended to consider the offer before shaking his head, "I don't feel like surrendering, do you?"

Davin pushed two more buttons and waited. For a long few seconds nothing happened before a whirlwind began whipping up all around them. A moment later, Davin's ship, his YT-2000 called the Tracyn Verd in Mando'a, roughly translated as the Fire Soldier, came up and fired a barrage of concussion missiles at the ground vehicle, instantly destroying half of them and sending the rest into a very disorganized retreat. A few moments later, the ship settled on the ground and her loading ramp opened. Davin entered his ship and ordered his R2 astromech to prepare for departure. He looked back at Stardust, "You owe me for six concussion missiles."

He gave her a pointed look she could feel with hishelmet on, "It'd better be some damn good drinks if you think only two per missile is a good deal." Davin replied as he lit the repulsors and took off. It wasn't long before they were out of atmo and in hyperspace. Once his R2 unit had the autopilot online, Davin unstrapped and got out of his seat. He headed back and sat in the more comfortable couch near the holotransmitter. His body language indicated that he was NOT a happy Mandalorian.

Davin looked up at Stardust and you could hear the frown in his voice, "Look, I like a good fireworks display as much as the next guy. I don't mind if we get into a firefight but using up all the fuel, ordinance and resources to get in and out of there empty handed annoys the hell out of me. If I want to get into a pointless battle, I'll start a bar brawl." Davin sa back and tried to relax. Poodoo happens and everybody knows it. He shouldn't lay it all on her but this meeting wasn't very well thought out and now they had no clue on where their target was.

Davin regarded her again and sighed, "well what's done is done. We're on course for Bakura. We should be there in about 12 hours." Davin got up and headed for his room. Even though they had ended up together on a few hunts and other adventures. he had yet to remove even his helmet in her presence. As far as he was concerned she hadn't earned that honor yet.

stardust watched him leave and layed out on the couch when her luttle companion R8 rolled up by her"why cant he just trust me as much as i do him"stardust said to r8 as her mood and adrenline subsided"i wonder his opinion about me or if he even cares about what i do"r8 beeped at her"thanks little buddy"she said before rolling to her side"r8 can you git me a drink maybe a ale or somethinh"with that r8 whirled to do so

Davin locked the door to his room and then proceeded to remove his helmet and Beskar'gam. He set the pieces in their proper places reverently and then sat at his workbench to work on his customized DH-17 blaster. As he did the routine maintenance needed, he thought about Stardust and frowned. Only one woman had ever truly earned his reverence. True, there had been other women in his life. Mando'ade women were tough, powerful and beautiful. Stardust was so different a woman than what he was used to seeing in women. He wondered why it was so difficult to open up to her. She had good sense, she fought well enough yet she was so....soft. He didn't know what to make of her or how to approach her. Davin finished working on his blaster and went to sharpen his vibroblade as he thought more about the Twi'lek on his ship.

Twelve hours later...
Davin, once again fully covered from head to toe in his Beskar'gam, pulled a control lever back and the ship reverted back to normal space just outside of Bakura's orbital space. Once established in a parking orbit, Davin open a commlink to Stardust, "Stardust, we've arrived at Bakura. We'll be landing on the planet within the hour. Prepare yourself."

Davin noticed that Stardust entered the cockpit and he pointed to the co-pilot's seat. "So any ideas on finding our target? This bounty is starting become more trouble than its worth." He asked as he awaited clearance for landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom