Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Liburna-class Low Altitude Dropship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenium

Factory & Codex

DkKJJOf.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Dropship
  • Length: 16 meters
  • Width: 24.5 meters
  • Height: 9 meters
  • Armament: Low
  • Defenses: Low
  • Squadron Count: Very High
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive: No
  • Hyperdrive Class: Not Applicable
  • Passengers (Load-out Examples):
    • A — Forty Troopers; or
    • B — Twenty Troopers and Twelve Speeder Bikes; or
    • C — Twenty Troopers and One Heavy Walker; or
    • D — Two Heavy Walkers; or
    • E — Modular Medbay
  • Crew Complement (Optimal): 6
    Crew Complement (Skeletal): 2
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Well Armed — The Liburna received missile launchers and multiple laser turrets which can help provide air-to-ground cover and toward fending off starfighter harassment.
  • EMP Shielding — The Liburna was insulated with materials to protect the ship from electrical disturbances from either natural phenomena or EMP weaponry.
  • Missile Signal Scrambling — The Liburna was equipped with a device that scrambles the sensors of a homing missile, potentially causing the missile to steer off course or to detonate prematurely.
  • Modular Transport — The Liburna was given a modular design which provides the dropship with a great amount of flexibility on the sort of things it can carry.
  • Tugging Along — A Grappling Mag was installed on the aft section of this dropship, which allows the Liburna to pull on an object.
  • Terrain Layout — The Liburna was equipped with scanners that provide the crew with well-detailed, three-dimensional layout of the land.
Significant Weakness
  • No Deflector Shields — The Liburna was not equiped with deflector shields, which leaves the transport vulnerable to multiple forms of attack, including kinetic and plasma-based weaponry.
WEAKNESSES
  • Noise — This dropship produces a lot of noise when it's flying over the landscape. It's engines produces an impressive roar that can be heard over a couple of kilometers. Because of this, the Liburna is ill-suited for stealth missions.
  • Ventral Blindspot — The area directly beneath the Liburna is a blindspot for the dropship's ball turrets.
  • Easy Target — Few people would describe the design of the Liburna as graceful. The chunky and boxy design of the Liburna makes the ship an easier target to hit.
  • No Hyperdrive — Because the Liburna does not have a hyperdrive installed, it needs to be carried by a larger vessel from system-to-system.
  • Planet Locked — While the Liburna can operate and engage in combat in space, once the ship has descended through the planet's atmosphere, it lacks the necessary means to leave the planet's atmosphere.
DESCRIPTION
The Liburna-class Low Altitude Dropship was the newest repulsorlift transport to be put into production by the Federal Cooperative. The dropship was capable of carrying supplies and troops to an emergent battlefields. The addition of ball turrets would also help the Liburna perform secondary functions including direct fire support, search-and-recovery, and air-to-ground strikes.

There were plans to equip the Liburna with a hyperdrive system, however, the design team responsible would drop this idea to avoid unnecessarly increasing the size and cost of the transport. Instead the ship was equipped with an atmospheric containment shield which would allow the Liburna to be deployed from space, but it wouldn’t be equip with powerful enough engines to reach the planet’s orbit without the support of another ship.

The design team would continue to pour their energy toward cost-effectiveness, and to this end, the hallmark of their design would be the magnetic clamps which allow the Liburna to swap between modules depending on the needs of the mission.

When they needed to transport troops, the flight deck crew could install what were for all intents and purposes refitted freight containers. When they wanted to transport heavy vehicles, they could remove the freight containers, and directly hook-up the heavy vehicles with the magnetic clamps of the Liburna. When they wanted to establish a field clinic, they could swap a heavy vehicle with a modular medbay.

The Liburna-class was rushed into service in the early 800’s. The modular design made the repulsorlift transport convenient for tight budgeted militaries.

Rating Disclaimer — The Liburna is currently one point over. I've listed one weakness I considered a candidate for a significant weakness to balance the stats.

9-30-2020:
1. I've dropped the 2 x Concussive Missile Launchers and bumped the Armaments rating down from High to Average.
2. Removed the Forward-Firing Arc weakness due to the loss of the Concussion Missile Launchers. I've added Noise as a new downside of this product.
3. Increased production from Minor to Mass.

Last edited:
Ingenium Ingenium - This submission is presently overpowered by a single rating. There are several options available to you here, where you can increase the production rating to minor, or reduce a single rating by one. I would recommend the latter, as you've listed four weapons beneath the armament rating - and in comparison to other ships of its size, that could be easily justified by a low rating, rather than average.

In the end, however, the choice is yours.

Ingenium

Factory & Codex
Hi LT-137 LT-137 ,

I considered lowering the stat on the armament earlier today. I'll agree to your recommendation and I'll lower the armament rating from Average to Low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom