Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Leviathan-class Mon Calamari Heavy Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
mecha_david_letondor_v11.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Power Armor
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Sonic: Low
    • EMP/Ion: High
    • Elemental: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Strength - the massive suit utilizes servos and mechanical enhancements which enhances the strength of the wearer.
WEAKNESSES
  • Sonic Weaponry - The Leviathan-class power armor is weak to sonic type weaponry.
DESCRIPTION
With the current state of the Cala System and its sector, the reassembly and restoration of the Mon Calamari Knights have been mandated by the Mon Cala King. The task of provisioning the newly reactivated group has been assigned to Tian Reshmar and the Directorate and its subsidiaries. For the task, Reshmar has enlisted Lucerne Personnel Defense and Sasori Research representatives to collaborate on the project and the main focus of the new power armor needed for the group.

DESIGN
Opting to create a more advanced and far more resilient armor for the Knights was the first step in modernizing the Knights and the engineering group opting for a modern type armor over the old Titan kantrey plates the original group utilized in their armor. The modernized armor instead will utilize Phrik plates in its construction. Powering the armor is a Lucerne Personal Defense Bia series Portable Fusion Generator. This power core as well as the internal capacitor banks feed the power-hungry armor while in combat. The operations of the armor, as well as targeting and scanning, is controlled by the Loth-Wolf series Combat Scanner. The Asclepius Bio-support Dispenser provides needed nourishment and first aid for the wearer as well as enhancement and restoration aid when necessary. for communications, the Leviathan-class armor is equipped with an SC-1 Hardened Comlink keeping it in contact with other leviathans and command elements during battle. While the Leviathan-class armor utilized filtered pure water for the Mon Calamari wearer a secondary Oxygen Regulator is equipped when needed. A detachable Shuheng Storage Compartment is included for the storage of the suit and other equipment when necessary. This device is attached to the left hip while the armor is deployed and retracts when needed.

MOBILITY
The Leviathan is first and foremost an aquatic combat armor and is designed for that propose. The armor utilizes water jets as its main form of thrust. Micro Thrusters aid in maneuvering the armor in and out of the water as needed. Repulsorlift assistance is built into the armor for both aquatic and non-aquatic operation. These systems make the Leviathan-class armor very mobile and a formidable opponent in aquatic and vacuum combat. While the armor is not mass extensive the bulkiness makes operations out of the water on the surface more difficult. While still very effective in all forms of combat the Leviathan is exceptionally good at fighting in aquatic battlefields.

DEFENSE
The Leviathan-class Power Armor is a formidable combat armor system. Standing at nearly three meters tall, the bulk of the armor in itself, as well as its hardy construction, gives the armor very good defense. The core of the armor is its Uller series Exoskeleton. this provides the necessary framework for the powerful armor system. This internal skeleton gives the user the ability to operate the heavy armor as well as giving the armor staggering strength and also providing EMP and Ionic weapon resistance.
The outer shell of the armor is a series of plates made of Phrik which encompasses the entire frame. This armor plating gives the Leviathan-class armor tremendous ability against energy-based weaponry as well as kinetic and average amounts of elemental damage. An S-30 "Retention" Anti-Disruption System is installed giving the armor improved energy and kinetic damage resistance from blaster and disruptor type weaponry. The Armor's weakness is simple it is not as effective against sonic effects and standing waves. The equipped repulsor lifts can be utilized for a secondary role and while not in use can be used to repel objects and attackers as a standard field or as a burst field which pushes the object or attacker away from the armor.

ARMAMENT
The Leviathan-class Power Armor is equipped with a standard weapon suit which includes a LPD-46 Trident Aqua Rifle recessed into the Left arm and a Ranger's Flechette Shotgun recessed into the right arm of the armor. The Flechette weapon has ten auto-reloading canisters giving it a total of 2000 micro-quarrels of ammo capacity. The Trident Aqua Rifle has been tied into the suits power core and has unlimited energy type capabilities while only retaining the single Spear capacity of the original design. A pair of Mini-Torpedo Launchers are installed into the shoulders of the armor which can each fire three micro torpedoes at up to three hundred and fifty meters. An additional magazine has been installed along with an auto-reload system, giving each weapon system ten reloads making the total capacity of each up to thirty micro-torpedoes. The main melee and additional energy weapon systems of the armor is a modernized variant of the original Mon Calamari Knights Energy Lance. This powerful weapon acts as the main combat weapon for close-range engagement and melee fighting. The Lance also houses a powerful Electromagnetic pulse generator. Like its predecessor, the Lance is balanced for use in mounted combat.

In addition to the standard weapon systems of the Leviathan-class power armor, the Armor has four shoulder pylon racks which can be equipped with a variety of weapons and devices for various operations. Thes standard aquatic assault variant equips 4 shoulder-mounted launchers, one for each pylon. Variable weapon system loadout for the Leviathan Power Armor includes PLX-2M portable missile launchers used for ground-based ranged fire support operations and aquatic fire support., Concussion grenade launchers, aquatic plasma rifles, LPD-43 Reckoning Assault Cannons for kinetic and energy based power when not in aquatic battlefields, and SG-4 blaster rifle with micro harpoons. Two pylon mounts can be utilized to mount powerful Repeating blaster cannons or variable warhead launching PLX-1 portable missile launchers for heavier weapon needs.

Last edited:
ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar - On the first run-through of your submission, almost everything seems to be in order. The only snag that I'm having troubles justifying is the following Weakness.

Extremely Expensive - Each suit of power armor is unique in its construction and most often built to the individual Leviathan trooper. That and the materials used in its construction make each suit a work of art and very expensive.

I'm sorry to say that as Chaos doesn't have a regulated Economic system, Weaknesses regarding Expenses aren't valid. I would suggest that this Weakness be replaced by something more actionable, and in-keeping with the design of your powered armour.

ADM. Reshmar

LT-137 LT-137 The expense is simply mean as an explanation as to why the production of the armor is limited. I will replace it with limited production as a weakness. I have used Expensive time and time again to indicate the reason for things being of lesser production quantities.

I also added a Aquatic race only weakness

ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar - I understand that you mentioned the expense to justify its limited production, but that's what the production rating and description are for as those are ultimately nothing more than narrative fluff - not a weakness in the power armour's design, or function. So, in replacing expensive with limited production - nothing's really changed.

I also understand that you've used expensive before as a weakness in previous submissions, however, that was with different Judges. As a former Factory Judge, you should know that the Factory does not judge submissions on precedent.

If you would kindly replace the Limited Production Numbers weakness with something actionable, something that could exploited by the writer using this submission or their opposition, then I'll be more than happy to send this off for secondary review.

ADM. Reshmar

LT-137 LT-137 I added that the armor is only usable by Aquatic Races as a weakness. I removed the Production weakness. But what you are asking is not possible as weaknesses which can be exploited are already included as well in the submission template just as the Production was. Limited production is a viable weakness because It limits the amount of this type of armor that can be deployed in a battle. Saying it is not a weakness is wrong but I will let it go.

As far as Not judging on Precedent, I was not referring to precedent I am referring to standard. If something has been done once it is precedent. If it has been done time and time again it is standard.

Last edited:
ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar - If something wrong has become a standard, then that standard is wrong and needs to be changed. As there isn't an established metric as to what weaknesses are standard, the onus falls to the presiding Judge to determine what is, or isn't acceptable. So, I'm sorry to say that Limited Production or Expensive is not a valid weakness in my eyes. I thank you for removing the point of contention, but what you have replaced it with isn't an actionable weakness of the design either - rather an intentional restriction.

I'm afraid that I disagree with you about whether or not it's possible, as you've mentioned it yourself - that the information is already in the template and description. You've already highlighted it's weakness to Sonic weapons, and that there are mobility limitations in play when utilized on land. All that's required is an additional, actionable weakness to be highlighted from the information you've already typed out - then this submission is ready to be passed on for secondary review.

ADM. Reshmar

LT-137 LT-137 I have brought the strengths and weaknesses down to what I am required by the template and rules to have. I have three very good weaknesses that were very actionable when it comes to large scale battles. Production is a very actionable weakness as it limits who many of these I can field at once. Now without that weakness at Limited Production, I can field as many as I Like so long as they are only used by The directorate. SO now instead of me making a one-off unit of these, I can make an entire army of Directorate Mon Calamari space marines. So that makes it a very actionable weakness. I had bulkiness as a weakness which is also a very actionable weakness. It is sluggish on land and there for a very actionable weakness. Now it is down to Sonic weaponry, which again is a very actionable weakness. It shouts Hey use sonic weapons on me. How much more actionable can it get.

Now guys I do not want to argue with you. Yes, I have done your job, and yes I respect you guys for doing it because I know how stressful it is. But come on. t the end of the day you have to make sure that the submission is balanced. Not that it had a dozen gaping holes in it that can be taken advantage of. There are a dozen submissions in the factory now that are stupidly unbalanced. I had 3 good strengths and 3 good weaknesses. It has no rating above high. it is balanced on the stats and with strengths and weaknesses. There should not have been a single issue with it. Balanced is what you guys should be looking for and nothing else.

ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar -
Limited (Only one small group of characters. IE: A Single Minor Faction, Company, or Group within a faction.)

As the Directorate is a Minor Faction, you'd be well within your rights to create an entire Army of Mon Calamari Space Marines. However, that still isn't an appropriate or valid justification for a weakness in my eyes. The weaknesses you already had, prior to your pruning to the Template's minimum requirements, were more than acceptable. All I required was one more to replace the Expensive/Limited Production weakness.

Balance is the first thing I look for in when reviewing a submission, and before you've pared down the Strengths and Weaknesses to the template's minimum requirements - this Submission was imbalanced, in my opinion. I've given you my reasonings and have politely asked that it be replaced with something more appropriate. As you have refused, and elected to spread this disagreement beyond this submission onto the Discord sever - I will be locking the thread after making this post, and handing it off to off to John Locke John Locke .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom