Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lets try to minimize the stabbing

Location: Aboard The Cutter - RMS-BC11 Starhammer-class Superheavy Bomber (x) - Armory Room - Deep Space
Mission: En route to Karvoss ll on a hostage rescue mission
Gear: Undecided

Iella had a plethora of weapons, and gear aboard the ship. Standing currently alone in the armory, she didn't hound Sommy, or Bao on the journey. Basically leaving them to their own devises for the most part. She picked up the TDW HARM that was laying on the table, pulling the slide on the weapon, then pulling the trigger. A tell tale click filling the area before resting it back down. Their trip to Coruscant had been fruitful. The first job they would be undertaking with each other. Iella bit her lip, looking at the weapons sprawled on the table in front of her. With the varied skillset she had acquired through Bao Quayan Bao Quayan and SOMNOL-716 SOMNOL-716 she no longer had to be in the middle of a fight. They could handle themselves. As such, her eyes peered over to the wall, observing the Conquest Bow that laid there. Perhaps she was overthinking it... She didn't even know yet exactly what combat conditions they were going to be walking into.

Then again, with the RA-2 Medium Armor did it really matter? Folding her arms, she would turn away from it all and move out into the hallway. Rubbing her face as her hangover was still trying to exercise its dominance in her cranium. With all the money she had spent augmenting herself, she would've thought something as simple as that was in the past... Wrong. Her next stop was the kitchen, popping a meal pack into the food synthesizer. She waited a few seconds, then pulled out a tray that was a full morning breakfast. Moving to sit, she wasted no time digging in. Though small, she had to eat ludicrous amounts of food to remain properly nourished. Due to her augments. As she ate, her eyes perked up, mumbling something incoherent to herself as she would rise again to get a mug to pour herself some coffee. Adding a bit of sugar, she would take the pure black cup of coffee back to the table, continuing to eat her breakfast.

Contemplating another plate behind the one she was already wolfing down. Not to mention wondering idly what the "crew" was up too.

//LOCATION: ABOARD THE CUTTER
CURRENT OBJECTIVE: COMPLETE THE MISSION
CURRENT MOOD: CALM//

Music could be heard within the cockpit of the heavy bomber. It was a lilting, energetic melody, with a supporting orchestra of strings, a tune reminiscent of what might be heard underscoring a show in a high-end operahouse, or playing from a pit at some nobleman's gala.

From within the cockpit, SOMNOL-716 kneeled, the composition playing around him. He had picked up the recording on Coruscant, with the credits gained from his new employer, Hound. He had heard the piece playing as background music in the weapon shop, and just had to purchase it, along the rest of the seller's music datachips, and the two standard blaster pistols he had acquired.

Somnol's scomp link was poor quality, a piece that he had acquired himself from a junk heap. It connected from the back of his neck joint into the console of the fighter, and so too was his consciousness connected to the ship's. It had taken him a while to get used to the sensation, and familiarize himself with the Cutter's systems, but once he had, issuing commands to it was a trivial matter. It was as if the ship's engines were his legs, it's sensors his eyes, it's weapons package his fist.

Very clumsy legs, eyes, and fists. Somnol wasn't programmed for such a task, despite being a quick learner. It would take time for him to truly become proficient at this form of navigation.

Somnol sensed movement behind him, and observed as his employer travelled the hallway. He decided to let Hound be as they refueled, although he had plenty of queries about their current objective. He would wait for them to call the meeting. Until then, Somnol could content himself with controlling the ship, and listening to his music.

- Bao Quayan Bao Quayan - Iella Sunscream Iella Sunscream -

Iella Sunscream Iella Sunscream | SOMNOL-716 SOMNOL-716

Bao was typically the silent and boring type in these situations, if she was assigned a room she would have more than likely spent her time in there, though she really didn't care. She didn't typically ask for things if she could get by otherwise, and it didn't matter the quality in comparison. Either way, she spent the trip silent, sitting in a corner where the dining table was to be in earshot of anyone who needed her, instead of having to make them go and find her. She idly ate a piece of round preserved bread. She didn't particularly like processed food or instant meals, as she was used to making her meals with raw ingredients. She didn't need a fancy cook, though, nor did she need to have a kitchen to cook for herself. She was simple, and required little maintenance, compared to the droid who absolutely had to purchase opera music. Truth be told, however, Bao didn't know what she would do with such a large sum of credits.

She thought about the mission, but then the thought raced back to their first meeting which only happened some time ago. Usually, people were freaked out about her 'jumping ability' though she didn't always jump... Maybe these two have just witnessed enough wild stuff in the galaxy that they were unfazed. Bao wasn't a big timer in the galaxy, and a lot of it was still new. She remembered the first time she saw an Ithorian and nearly had a heart attack... plus, having amnesia didn't help anything. Which was another big reason she didn't know how her future would go. Would she try to return home? Would she buy a ship, or go nomadic? She was like a thick, old leather bound book, with no words printed. She didn't want to ponder too much, having her mind race, and worries develop. So she sat idly and patiently, focusing on herself and her abilities.

Still, she hoped the hostage rescue wasn't in a building or space station, or it might severely hinder her capabilities. That was the bad side of only using a sword... can't exactly fly too well in confined spaces. The amount you can do is either side to side, or straight forward, and straight forward doesn't work when the enemy had a blaster pointed in your face. Which might be why Bao can take a few hits before going down... She couldn't to think about this and her skills as she realized Iella had entered the room, the hound truly chowing down on their next feast. After seeing her sit down, Bao closed her eyes once more, so as not to stare. She merely waited for the information on the mission. She really hoped the Hound wouldn't just drop them off without a word, expecting them to know where the hostage was and how to get them out. It'd be awkward, but not the first time she was given the order without knowing anything.

Her eyes trailed over to the other, sipping at her coffee as she had finally caught on to the music being played. Honestly, had she not had Bao in front of her, she could've guessed who it was. Well, that dried up the juicy thoughts she had about what exactly a droid spent money on. Of course she knew they had to get things repaired, and probably get themselves oil baths; but she had always wondered what does a sentient machine that doesn't need to eat, or for that matter really enjoy spend their credits on...

Answer received.

Iella was about to seriously get on Bao for her refusal to eat, when she noted that she was indeed doing just that. A simple woman, older than her; and yet Iella didn't really know too much about her. She had scanned her face and tried to look her up, but the woman was a relative ghost. Scooping up a bit of eggs and wolfing it down with a piece of bread, she would breath in deeply and lean back. Wearing only a tank top, it would be obvious to Bao Quayan Bao Quayan that Iella was heavily augmented. Well beyond the normal limit a human would've, or should've been comfortable with; though she hadn't done anything yet to display such.

Of course Iella was curious, and was simply waiting for a moment to interrogate the other about her abilities.

"You a Jedi?"

She asked plainly, sipping at her coffee, then turning away from the table entirely to face the other as she sat in the corner. She would've rather listened to some Bushido Brown to be honest, but Sommy's music wasn't too bad. In fact, it was calming. Something you could just chill too. After the question was asked, she would brush her hands on her pants, and lean back onto the table, a light 'thunk' sound audible as her back made contact with it.

"Retired, or Exiled Jedi maybe... I figured, considering you can fly; and you're pretty damn good with a blade. They take your lightsaber or something?"

SOMNOL-716 SOMNOL-716 Bao Quayan Bao Quayan

After checking each subsystem of the ship to ensure they were functioning as intended, Somnol disengaged his scomp link from the ship's terminal. It released with a small clunking sound, and the droid slowly rolled up the cord and fed it back into the base of his neck. The recovery mechanism was finicky; you needed to get the angle just right, or the lock would catch.

From this point on, Somnol could trust the autopilot to do it's job. Usually, autopilot could be engaged once they entered hyperspace, but for their first few flights together, the droid wanted to ensure nothing on the ship would blow up if he abdicated his duties. So far, the Cutter had proven to be a reliable steed for the group. Somnol had been particularly impressed by the hyperdrive. He would love to get a look at it one of these days.

As the music played, Somnol heard a conversation beginning behind him. In fact, he heard and sensed most things that happened on this ship. His sensor range went out to thirty meters, after all. He could see his two companions' heat signatures from here, speaking to each other. He listened in with some interest, especially when he heard the word Jedi.

He'd heard a few reports about those Jedi, few of them good. Then again, he was talking to smugglers and criminals. Perhaps they were an unreliable source.

'You a Jedi' was all she heard as her ears perked. That wasn't a radio or a comm system, the droid didn't ask it and surely it wasn't directed at the droid who wasn't even in the same room. No, it was the Hounds voice, and the question was obviously posed to Bao. She took a breath as she sighed, a deep breath. This was surprisingly an incredibly common question, one even she had to learn the answer to over time. Then Iella spoke up again, and Bao let her speak. Still, with her eyes closed, she pondered the best way to answer the question. She didn't entirely have a concrete answer even for herself, as she only knew of Jedi, and never actually met one to know or not. But from her reasonable investigation and opinions, no, she wasn't. But there were a lot of questions Bao still had no clue on how to answer.

"Some people have called me the unholy spawn of a Vong and human," she immediately started with, which more or less denies any further pondering of being a Jedi. "They say that I have no connection to the uh, Living Force, as they call it. They call it that because Everyone but the Vong had some connection to the Force, whereas Jedi can use and manipulate that connection into Force Power." She opened her eyes and held her head up to look at Iella out of respect, "The Vong were outsiders of this galaxy, or.... some call them abominations. I am no Jedi, and I fear that I am some sort of abomination. I didn't jump, I flew." She said with nothing but the same, dead-inside deadpan face she had when she killed those thugs. She obviously showed she didn't care if Iella believed her, though she was just merely answering her question. "My own people from my supposed homeworld call me Inuari; means demon, or hell spawn - in your language it probably makes more sense as a Spawn of Chaos. Which is in contrast with my own names meaning."

She relaxed herself back, and was dead silent as the other spoke; not just listening, but literally saving every word, and her facial features to memory. Iella's eyes flicked unnaturally to SOMNOL, but said nothing about his arrival, snapping back on the other. Bao had lived a life of general warfare, it seemed. Her people saw her as a demon? That was a hell of an accolade. Secretly Iella couldn't help but wonder if that was why she was abroad, and not at home. When the other finished, Iella turned back, grasping that coffee cup before turning around, shooting SOMNOL a brief smirk. They hadn't crashed yet, so he was doing what he was supposed to be. Yet still had Iella shown them anything to say she wasn't anything but a regular girl? Given, it was obvious she was a little changed the more of her flesh that was visible, she also could look unchanged at a moments notice. She simply had no reason too in current company.

"Well, I think you're Karkin cool; I didn't think you were serious about the beheading thing, but you're a badass chick Bao. Remind me not to piss you off... In fact, remind me to have you help me brush up on my swordplay; I wouldn't mind being worthy of a demonic title myself... One man... Or woman's abomination is another woman's hero, you know what I mean?"

She stood, then without looking would say aloud;

"Come on Som, let's get to business."

Iella said, moving to the common room and right up to the holoprojector. putting in the bounty puck a bunch of information related to the job they were on would pop up.

"We are on the way to Korvoss ll. This job entails a hostage rescue, which means the client particularly likes the target; I imagine. Target is a Togruta woman, non-combatant as far as we know of, being held by the Black Sun. The Black Sun aren't known for their diplomacy; and while I'd like to keep the stabbing to a minimum, it is what it is."

Her onboard systems linked with the projector, a simple mental nod given to expand, and zoom in on the building she was being held in.

"Now, the building she's being held in is an old Imperial bunker, retrofitted to more gang friendly activities. The target comes outside three times a day, in toe are four guards, always armed, always with their heads on a swivel. Armaments are standard blasters, except for this big guy who totes around a Rotary Blaster.... Might need to stab that Fether."

She quickly processed any more telling information, and folded her arms as she looked towards them...

"I wasn't going to tell you this, but... The bounty can be collected even if the target is deceased, though at a very diminished rate. Ten-Thousand dead... Twenty-Thousand if she's breathing. Forgive me, but that's Eight thousand for yours truly, and six thousand credits each for both of you if we take her alive; so again.. Try to keep the stabbing to a minimum... Questions?"

She said, disengaging her connection to the table, and pulling the puck.

Somnol listened to Bao's story as best he could, but he found comprehension difficult. He barely understood half of the words. Concepts like 'Vong', 'Jedi', 'demon', he had absolutely no context for any of these terms. He tried to follow along as best he could, but his logic circuits were working overtime trying to fill in the gaps. If a blank face could appear confused, that was how Somnol looked.

The droid perked up as his nickname was spoken, and he was acknowledged. He nodded once, and joined Hound and Bao Quayan Bao Quayan at the holoprojector. He could see vague outlines of the projected images through his electromagnetic sensors, but not nearly as clearly if he had photoreceptors. He could barely make out the form of the hostage they were supposed to be rescuing. If he were being honest, he had difficulty distinguishing between bipedal organic lifeforms.

He considered for the briefest moment that this fact might be a liability for the mission at hand, then simply opted to be cautious with where he put his blades.

Then, she asked for their questions. Already, this was a step above others that hired him as muscle. They usually told him where to stand, what to do. Having his concerns being addressed was comforting.

//I do have a query,// the labor droid said. His prim voice was just a little hesitant, as if he wasn't used to discussing jobs. //I assume we will want to extricate our target when they are outside.//

//Myself and Bao Quayan are most effective within melee range, but a rotary blaster will make it difficult to close the distance efficiently if we are spotted. Is there a way we can get in close, while also staying out of Hound's line of fire?//

- Iella Sunscream Iella Sunscream -

She was.... cool? An interesting description, though not aptly what she would call herself, it was a kind gesture. Bao still kept silent, however, and unfortunately she wasn't a teacher. If she ever decided to try and teach? It would need to be with a disciplined student, as Bao is technically incapable of teaching. These movements were part of muscle memory, and less of actual intellect. Bao doesn't really remember her past, and her skills of how they work and such are spotty, realistically. As for reminding the Hound not to piss her off? She might make a small notion should it ever came up, she was pretty blunt with people, a hard and exact opposite of her blade, to the point.

When Iella started speaking about the mission, Bao listened more intently. But she was already thinking of tactics with each subject of each sentence Iella spoke. She heard a building - a confined space - which she was preferably not into, though windows may help if there's an opportunity there. But then the guards went outside? Perfect opportunity. The rotary cannon meant nothing to her. If she could get into melee range, a vibroblade would slice it to pieces.... if the right angle, force and precision was applied just right, but that was second-hand for Bao.... Unless, of course, it was made of high-grade metals, then there would be a problem.

Target being alive or dead didn't matter, well, this plan was already solid to getting them alive. As she continued to listen and strategize, however, the droid spoke up with a rather amusing question. She smirked, showing a slightly amused facial expression; something the others had never seen before. She even gave a single chuckle. "You paid me to do a job, and my idea feels pretty simple enough that I won't be doing much. Somnol, come over to me." She stood up, walking to about half way between them, hoping it approached her. "Tell me your designation, original manufacturer, and original directives," she looked over at Iella should Somnol be answering her questions. Whenever Somnol was done, she'd prove her point, "somnol is just a droid. Protocol or labor, it doesn't matter. If Somnol just approached them and restricted its combat protocol until I give the signal, they'd be cautious, but to them it would just be industrial equipment with a voice. See, if Somnol approaches them, getting their attention, even the lookout guards will watch just in case something happens. I'll go above in high atmosphere, near the direction of the sun - none will think to even look there. Then I just, come down, between all of them; that's the signal, Somnol. I'll take out any rotary guys, and Somnol will activate its combat protocol. Then Hound gets the target out while we hold them from advancing. The only catch is Somnol has to retreat on foot afterward, but I assume it has some speed." She stepped back to her little corner, "and that's that, Somnol just has to.... be a droid, and distract them. Just give them that entire phrase, and maybe say you're looking for your owner, or something. And if they see Somnol as a juicy resale? Even better, because that means they are less alert."

Iella would nod to SOMNOL, and was about to say yes when he started to speak. To his question she nodded once again, and started to pace. Her long thick braid shifting lightly at her back as both hands were clasped at the wrists at the small of her back. When he finished speaking, she was going to say something when Bao started... To... Laugh? Iella couldn't help but smile at her in response. She had thought the other incapable of such a simple emotion, and had to admit she was happy to be wrong about it. She allowed Bao to speak her mind, following her plan in full before her head canted curiously at SOMNOL. Well, she wasn't sure he would be interested in putting his fate in their hands so deeply, but it was worth a shot.

"That... Is a good idea Bao, but... I might have one better... Sommy, are you equipped with an Emergency Reactivator?"

She asked, slowly continuing her pace after asking the question. She didn't wait for the answer though, and would continue her plotting.

"I mean sure, the Black Sun might be distracted by Sommy, but they'll be much more prone to lower their guard if you approach as a traveling merchant of sorts. We'll be landing in a port city, then going about four clicks outside of that city to pull this job, we could get a load-speeder; have Sommy shut down on the way... Well, if he trusts us; that is. Then hell they might invite you inside with him to talk particulars... No doubt a woman alone? They'll crowd you... They'll all be in one room, just you, and Som... When you're ready, you give Sommy the signal, and within a confined space..."

Iella would shrug then, letting their imaginations do the rest. As for her, she had no interest in being front and center. Instead, her plan was to provide long range support with either a Designated Marksman weapon, or the Conquest bow. Heavily leaning to the latter. Whatever they did, she knew they would have to pack light. There was a good chance Black Sun would be at the port. Then again, that would be her task to Forward Scout the port for any faces that were known to be in league with the syndicate.

For now, she would move to hop up on a table, kicking her feet as she observed the pair. Particularly, she couldn't stop smirking at Bao who had suddenly shown them a very unexpected side of herself.

The droid approached Bao once she beckoned him, a little confused. She had made a laughing sound just before calling him, something he had yet to experience her do. He wasn't even entirely sure it was a laugh. She may have had something stuck in her throat. Not that laughing was entirely out of the question, but there were times Somnol was convinced she was more robotic than himself.

At her questions, Somnol went very still, more still than normal. His voice, usually chipper, sounded just a tad crestfallen. //My designation is SOMNOL-716. I am a BLX-series labor droid.//

The hesitation in his voice was apparent.
//Original manufacturer: Unknown. Original directives: Unknown.//

He didn't know where he came from, or who gave him life. The absence of that knowledge was a heavy weight in his memory banks. He didn't like computing that particular data set for too long.

Somnol was rather still and quiet after that, letting Bao and Hound srategize. Both strategies would likely succeed. Either having him be the unassuming, bumbling labor droid, or her being a lone merchant, both would let him get close.

//I am not currently equipped with that technology, but it would be a simple matter to install it within any technologically-advanced settlement that sells droid parts,// he said to Hound. //I... would be lying if I said I was comfortable with deactivating myself in such a manner, but I do believe Hound's plan has the highest chance of success, as it brings us both within close-range of our targets.//

//That is, if we wished to infiltrate their base of operations. Perhaps we combine the plans, and approach as merchants while our objective is on a walk?//

Bao had to calm down, she absolutely enjoyed using her brain power, as usually there was nothing to think about. This left her essentially brain dead as the only other thing she could do was use her senses; searching for targets or watching over her shoulder. To this end, she might seem eternally psychotic and she forcefully removed her cheery demeanor in an instant before Iella started on her own idea, although this new idea did not put any smile on Bao's face to begin with...

Bao's worst enemy was facing military soldiers in a confined space, expertly trained or not, they only had to be well equipped to threaten her, "confined spaces actually can get me killed." She started, a little disappointed she had to reveal her weakness, "my secret is that I'm always flying," not quite stopping her explanation as she sat down, "this walking is a charade. It's actually why I hate space and traveling in ships - though you'd never realize it. Flying is an easy term to explain I have the ability to move my body in any direction, and it is what keeps me safe. However, I trained this ability with standard gravity, so even little shifts can make me sick, as I have to actively, I suppose the best way to explain it is, shift against the current. I feel the momentum of the ship. My only two skills are this flight ability and swordplay, which means I have to keep moving. A confined space makes it exceptionally harder to dodge weapons fire, especially if I'm surrounded, but outside I always have the sky. My speeds, of course, vary whether I'm going up or down, or side to side. If I'm not in motion, I'm probably dead or knocked out."

She rolled her shoulders to adjust herself, "which means I'm more likely to actually be injured in this situation, and I am doing more effort than just cutting somebody up. Also, how are you supposed to provide support when the doors close behind us?" She questioned Iella's idea, as essentially Iella could have provided sniper fire from any long-range foes from their base, and then rescue the hostage with little to no enemy fire on her as Somnol and Bao would be the key targets. "But, you are the boss," she said with emphasis, "I'll go with whatever you say, but only as far as what doesn't kill me. And if this idea should try? My word is if I accept a contract, I will follow it to the end. But that's with the acceptance that if you're the reason I almost get killed, then you've broken the contract."

She would listen to all the points given, and nod in understanding; taken aback slightly by Bao's words. "You got it wrong... I'm not trying to get you guys killed okay. That's the last thing I want. I don't screw people over." she said, realizing how the plan could easily seem as though she was putting them into the heat of it without putting herself in danger. Iella's facial features seemed wounded, albeit briefly. She buried those emotions and would continue pacing.

"Alright, screw it... We know they leave their compound right. Then it'll be a frontal assault. I hit Rotary Man, Bao you're in charge of thinning them out with your aerial attack. We never go inside, and if there's a reason too? I'll do it myself..."

She had stopped suddenly, looking Bao in the eye as she said that. Perhaps Iella had shown something of her own personality then, though it would've been hard to figure out just what had ticked her off if they didn't know her well...

The truth was the girl had been pampered for much of her life, hearing that she should do things the easy way; and raised to believe that people should cater to her. It was why the pair would never figure out how she had funded all that was around them, and why she would always be quick to one up anyone that thought she wasn't ready to give it all for her mission, and her name.

"To that end, I'll need you guys to make sure that all I need to worry about is whoever else remains inside. There's a chance when the shooting starts the woman might go back in... Then again, she might just take off for freedom; I can't be sure. I'm hoping for the latter, but if she does leave that to me. I'm not trying to sacrifice you guys..."

She repeated the sentiment. Oddly remembering telling Bao to get behind her in the first fight they had ever been in together. She was trying to show her then that she would put her own body on the line for them, but to be fair Bao had joined the fray almost immediately; she probably didn't even hear those words.

She seemed ticked, and would take her arms from behind her back walking towards the exit of the common area.

"I'm gonna' prep. Anything else you guys think of you let me know. I'll be in the Armory..."

She said, sliding out without another word.

Bao Quayan Bao Quayan SOMNOL-716 SOMNOL-716

Somnol wasn't good with social situations. That had been apparent throughout this entire journey. It was a weakness that the droid was aware of, but was unsure how to correct. He figured it would come with practice. Easier said than done.

He didn't pick up on how sour the conversation had become until Hound left the room. He simply noticed that the end of their strategy session had been curt, and the body language of Hound's exit was tense, upset. He turned his head to her as she left, trying to compute what had happened, what could have made their employer upset.

Had it been him? Had he done something?

The labor droid stroked the bottom of his faceplate contemplatively. Nope, still wasn't helping him think. Once again, he was left to wonder why organics insisted on doing it.

//I was wondering why your movements were so strange,// he stated, some curiosity within his robotic tone as he addressed Bao. //Flight certainly fills in a few gaps in my own observations. Although I still am confused by the mechanics of your locomotion.//

He turned to leave, headed back towards the cockpit, but hesitated at the door.

//Hound seemed upset. I wonder what for?//

He returned to the cockpit, to prepare. And listen to his music.

Bao was actually surprised, and very much putt off by the reaction of the Hound. She never said they were putting her in harms way, she never once said that. She was making it clear if they do, she would leave. So she didn't get anything wrong. This concerned her, as little insignificant statements were beginning to show that they could always throw the Hound off, and that was a dangerous game. Bao had done nothing to intentionally upset this person, yet they decided to throw out all rationality to drop a half-planned idea that wasn't even discussed. Bao didn't say a word as she watched the outburst unfold, truly not wanting to speak more, as anything with a notion of seriousness did not seem to bode well.

A full frontal was going to be questionable if they have sentries and blaster turrets set up. The only reason Bao put forth the idea of dropping in on top of the escorting group was so as to give cover for themselves against said sentries; because the sentries would potentially either hit their own soldiers or the hostage. Now a bull rush just means they'll be seen after the action starts. Bao was certainly capable of engaging foes at a distance or in close combat, but she preferred in a location and manner that she knew she could handle them. Only time would tell how this would play out.

Then just as the Hound dashed off, stating they would be in the armory, Somnol decided to speak. An interesting ponder from a droid, no doubt, though not one she would be against discussing. Bao was certainly still learning about her body and history, as many things were still so new and.... typically natural for her. Just as she discovered what the ancient enemy of the Vong were, did she have to realize that flying isn't a natural state of motion for all species. But before she could offer a notion of discussion, the droid seemed content with this situation and decided to part. Bao took a breath in defeat and continue her silence, waiting for the mission to occur.

Aggressively, she had been cycling through her ever growing list of weapons. Aiming at ghost targets, and dry-firing with effect. Ultimately, she knew she had showed a little more of herself than she had wanted; but being left for dead herself had left a particularly bad taste in her mouth. At least she wasn't drooling again; she would have to explain where she got the moniker Cottonmouth from. She drilled with the weapons a few more times before picking up one of the SMG's and moving to lay on her back on the table. She rested the weapon across her chest, exhaling once. Bao shouldn't have taken her out of character like that, but she was a rookie after all. Still learning things. Still having her own mistakes to make.

The truth was Bao had terrified her with those words. Losing someone? Iella could blaster, cut, or stab someone without remorse; she knew that. Losing people that she rolled with was something she never wanted to experience. Naivety... And yet she held out hope for that end. Bao had done nothing wrong but peeled a scab up; Iella had to let it bleed out, and mend it proper on her own. With her eyes closed, she activated her right Shisen N5 optical implant, linking into The Cutters systems and observing both in turn. Rewinding the last couple of minutes to capture what Sommy had said, and Bao's reaction to it.

Most importantly, she observed herself...

"Such an idiot..."

She muttered, berating herself. For all she thought she was, she could react in the dumbest possible way at times. She wanted to rid herself of that problem. That being said, she was far from ignorant; and was the type of person that could learn from her mistakes. She wasn't going to apologize to Bao, but she wasn't going to lose her temper when the other had a right to be upset when it was their life on the line. Flying was her thing, she couldn't rend metal with her bare hands, or eat a blaster shot. Iella had to remember, and respect that; she had to remember to play everyone, including herself, to their strengths.

Pay attention to their weaknesses. That was how she kept people alive. It wasn't just trying to pay them more, or for that matter anything involving credits; you couldn't spend them pushing up daisies... It was respecting people the way they wanted to be respected.

"Feth..."

She mumbled, severing the connection. With that she slid to a sitting position effortlessly, resting the weapon on the table by its barrel. Getting up she would leave the armory, and beeline to the others location.

"Hey, Ms. B... Uhm... Sorry about that. I-..." Iella cleared her throat, moving to disengage the maglock on a durasteel container and sliding it over to within a few feet of the other. She would then sit on it, looking the other in the face if they could stomach looking at her.

"The truth is... I don't wanna' see anyone I roll with get hurt okay. I guess the thought of it sort of took me some place I didn't expect to be... I respect your views, and I wanna' hear your opinions. Both of you guys. I understand I'm the one that has been shelling out the credits, but the last thing I want you to see me as if someone that points and says kill; I'm gonna be in the chit with you guys, I wouldn't have it any other way... That's what ticked me off."

"Beyond that, I realized you were right. If you guys got behind closed doors then all the pressure, and danger would be on you guys... I felt a little green, you know... Like a rookie; which to be fair, and honest... I am. Still, I was wrong to shutdown on you both; for that I apologize, and it wont happen again"

Iella said, swallowing her pride and taking it on the chin. Better to take a ding to her pride, than suffer a loss in their teamwork. After she had spoken, she would use her feet to sort of slide the container about, not able to sit still with the nervous energy rolling off of her person, her features screwed up with what seemed genuine concern for the other.

At this point, the trip was nearing an end; SOMNOL would have to begin procedures to begin docking on the planet, after that, one would consider the actual mission timer as started.

Bao Quayan Bao Quayan SOMNOL-716 SOMNOL-716

It was a short trip after their brief planning session. Somnol was almost sad to see it pass, he enjoyed his time alone in the cockpit; just him, the ship, and the dulcet tones of some classical piece. He prepared for the mission by checking his weapons; his arm blades were functioning properly, and his new DL-18 blaster pistols. They were incredibly cheap, and incredibly disposable. The droid had no plans on keeping the weapons for any amount of time, but he needed something with a range farther than his swords while he accrued more funds.

As the ship descended into the atmosphere of the planet, Somnol's voice ringed over the comms system.
//Welcome to Karvoss II. Descending to the planet's surface.//

After clearing their landing with the spaceport officials, Somnol let the Cutter's autopilot, and the planetary tractor beams, do their job. He had chosen a spaceport as close to their target as possible, in case an expeditious retreat was required. Connecting his blasters to his person, the droid paused his music, and stepped out of the cockpit, walking past whatever conversation Bao and Hound were having. It sounded private, and Somnol didn't want to seem intrusive. Even if he could hear them no matter where he went on the ship.

Somnol waited in front of the exit ramp, wiggling his automated fingers in time with some tune in his head.

Last edited:

Bao had dropped the thought of the whole incident at the meeting before Iella had returned, more or less just thinking about the job and its particulars. She wanted to make sure she could get out alive and get paid, she didn't really care about anything else. Respect, admiration, friendly demeanors.... those were all reserved for another time, if they stuck around. However, at this point, Bao had a thought in queue on whether or not she stuck around for another contract. Though that didn't matter, because what mattered was how this specific job would go. Attitude was of no concern to Bao, but professionalism in the moment did. Bickering could happen during off-time and she couldn't care less. Just like..... right now.

Bao continued her silence and closed eyes as she heard Iella approach, attempting to apologize. Iella would probably take offense to Bao not looking at her, but Bao was giving Iella her full attention. She was ignoring facial expressions, and listening to the tone of her voice and the words she spoke. She was searching for genuine statements that weren't meant to mislead, but things meant to repair a mental bridge between them. At least, that's what it came off to be, that Iella didn't want any bad blood between them. When Iella was finished, she finally opened her eyes, but she still gave that cold-hearted, uncaring look as before.

"Hound," her emotionless face formed a flat expression with her motion, as if disappointed or put off, "you have no need to apologize, I've been around the galaxy enough to know that everyone is different. Everyone behaves different, everyone has different emotions and pasts. Many don't even have a future, such as myself. When I say something to you, I'm not targeting you for your mishaps or potentiality of negative practices, unless I'm implicitly doing so. Most of my comments are just statements, and not even opinions against your person. My rule that I get to leave whenever I wish, especially if I don't feel valued, is just that; a rule. That wasn't an attack on you, implying you were going to get me killed. I think my blunt personality and monotone voice potentially comes off as hostile to you, when in reality, I'm just being pure and honest. If I had an issue with you, you would know it. I might even punch you over it. If I thought negatively of you, or thought you were going to lead us into a bad plan, I would tell you. Just because I tell you my weaknesses it doesn't mean you're forced to alter course."

She shook her head, sighing, "I am no fan of droids, but it seems in this galaxy, I can communicate more effectively with a droid than a sentient, as they don't have worries, they don't have concerns, they don't have that ticking in the back of their mind of 'did they insult me' or 'do they dislike me' - they take things at face value. Well, those that try to imitate emotion I am extra cautious of for if they go on the fritz. Which, my face often has no value, most of the time. I don't fault you for that, but my point is, nothing I say should be worried about. Should my statements mean something, they will mean something in the context of what they say, not what they might mean. When I said you are the boss and you make the call, that means you are the boss and you make the call. Nothing less. The worst thing a leader can do is falter in the heat of it." It was at this time, Bao heard Somney over the intercom of the ship and she stood up from her seated position. "Hound, I don't care. That is the cleanest truth I can give. I don't care that you get upset about things, I don't care that you take offense. Because I'm not making you upset or offending you. That's not my mission, my mission is to do a contract, not have a contest."

She then saw Somney stroll in, which seemed to completely ignore their conversation as they went off to do their duties, "now, if that's settled, would you mind running us by the plan, one more time, boss?" She tried to say that with encouragement, though it was a pathetic attempt with her monotone voice. She was making the point that it didn't matter if Iella was a rookie or not, or one with a troubled past. She offered the job, now she has to lead it. Sort of a play on 'suck it up, buttercup' or similar phrases. If friendship is something Iella strived for, she wasn't getting it on the first job, and certainly not if she failed at the first job. But with her finishing statement, she was also empowering Iella to take charge; this was her chance to tell the group how the plan was going to go down. This wasn't a hint for her to choose anyones plan, it was just to tell her she is the boss, and she dictates how we go about it. Bao didn't care, she would do as she was ordered, until it got too bad and she would skip out. But that was for any mission.

Iella wasn't ignorant to the fact SOMNOL could hear their words, and wasn't necessarily trying to hide the conversation. Then again the response she had received was chilling to say the least. For a split second she wondered if she would end up that way too, if she continued on. Maybe not. No, Bao and her were two different people. Whatever the woman had gone through Iella couldn't begin to imagine; she had chosen to live a dangerous life, whereas she felt as though this woman had been born into one. They couldn't compare. Halfway through Bao's dialogue Iella reached back, hitting the mag-lock on that container so it would stop shifting, leaning back with a single nod of understanding.

Right as she mentioned running the plan through one more time, Sommy had passed them, welcoming them to Korvoss ll. He carried on, and she would inhale getting to her feet slowly, not taking her eyes off of Bao. There was a reason they called this woman a demon... What was it? Inuari? Iella felt as though she had a better understanding of where that designation had come from... In any case, what was there to say after that? She would nod towards the exit ramp, heading back to the armory to grab her gear.

For a moment, she froze, head canted and back slightly as she stared at the various armaments in front of her. Though that wasn't what she was thinking about. In fact, she was feeling some innate wish to help the other, as if she needed help. Not to mention feeling like a child for it all in general; when did Bao ask for her help? What made her think anyone needed it? She shook her head, inhaling deeply; then sighing aloud as she dragged the M18 Pit Viper from the table. Looking down at herself, she slotted it in a holster, eyes scanning now with purpose as she picked up two Shiva Knives and slotted those in her boot. Without an extremely keen eye, they would be nothing but knives.

After that, she went to a clothing locker and got out an overcoat, throwing it over her form to construe whatever armaments she bore. Those it was missing a left sleeve, easily one could mistake it as some sort of fashion statement; it was anything but. She turned to leave, and almost made it to the door when something scratched at her psyche. Her head spun, leveling on that Conquest Bow on the wall, and would stare for a moment before moving to pick it up.

Iella would take it to her left hand, then use her right to grab the quiver of composite arrows that hung beside it. Slinging it over her shoulder and tightening it on the move, Iella would reappear seemingly with only a bow in tow, stepping down the ramp and letting her eyes adjust to the near-noon sun of Korvoss ll.

She walked past them, mumbling
"Let's work..."

Her own eyes scanning all of the faces that were applicable, and easily locating the Dock Master. After paying him, she would ask for the location of the nearest place one could rent land vehicles; with that information they would make a small walk, and be waiting for one of the skiffs to be brought around... As they stood there out in the open, she took a glance about themselves, noting they were out of earshot of most.

"We're gonna cut short of their hideout, and hide the skiff... Sommy, you'll approach and pretend you're looking for your Master. I'll be on over-watch well before you get there. You're going to be waiting for me to tell you I have rotary man lined up. At the same time you'll work your magic from above Ms. B. If our lady runs inside, Neither of you are to follow, but we preferably want to contain that situation before it starts. Still aren't sure if she's a prisoner or not. Anything else will have to be adapted on the fly s-.."

She cut short as the skiff was brought around, the young woman aboard hopping off and observing the group with curiosity.

'What you guys said you come to do again?" she asked curiously, to which Iella would offer a dull smirk.

"Big Game Hunting... Don't worry we'll bring her back in one piece.." She offered, stowing her bow in the back first before jumping in the drivers seat and waiting for the two.

The individual that dropped off the ship would nod a bit, back-pedaling a bit before turning away. Though, would glance back at them intermittently. She matched that suspicious glance, wondering if they had been made already.

While they were under the employ of Hound, Somnol was at her expense.

Perhaps she didn't feel that way. Perhaps she wished it to be more of a partnership, especially between herself and Bao. But Somnol had a deep urge within his behavioral circuits to follow orders. To complete whatever objective was laid before him. At whatever cost. However many limbs needed to be strewn across the ground, he would try his best to do as Hound said.

Some might call it loyalty. Others would identify it as latent programming. Somnol called it dedication to the mission.

Stepping off the ship, Somnol made sure to stick to Hound's left, sensors running at full power once more. He listened to the edited plan, realizing with some amount of dread that he would be talking to them. Make them stop and listen to the bumbling droid. He supposed it wouldn't be too out of character for him. He looked to Bao, to gauge her reaction to the new plan.

He may have asked her out loud, had it not been for the rude interruption of the skiff saleswoman. SOMNOL-716 looked to Hound as she lied so easily. For a moment, even he was confused.

Big game hunting? I thought we were... oh. Oh...

Somnol stepped up to the skiff, sat down, and looked pointedly at the skiff seller while lowering his volume.

//Do you require that one disassembled?// His voice growled at the end, as if he was anticipating switching into combat protocols.

If she gave the word, he would do it without a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom