Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Talk [Elpsis]

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
“Alright.” Nima nodded to Elpsis who volunteered to distract the wraith. She knew her well, so she caught the slight lack of confidence from her tone. “You got this.” She repeated her words and smiled encouragingly.

“On three, I will push the bubble on the opposite direction of its attack and hopefully manage to unbalance it. That’ll give you the opportunity to strike first and get its attention.” She informed Elpsis and then turned to the teenagers. “Grab your friend and follow me once she strikes. We’ll make a bolt for the exit. Don’t wander off on your own. Don’t listen to the whispers. It might try to misdirect you.” In any case, she linked her mind to the others so if it tried something, she would be the one to receive most of the attack. She could already sense a headache, which meant it was trying to penetrate her mental defences. Saying things that were foreign to her, but disturbing regardless. Anyway, now that the planning was over, it was the time for action.

“Three...” She said as she prepared to move the bubble. “Two... One... Now!” With a shout of pain, she pushed the bubble with all her might against the continuous attacks of the wraith to the opposite direction, which caught it by surprise as it had an attacking pattern of a berserker, strong but unbalanced. The bubble vanished once it did its job and with the opening they needed, Nima gave the signal for the teenagers to follow her and started running towards the corridor the two came from.

“Miss, maybe we should do something with the book? If we read...”One of the teenagers was about to say before Nima stopped him. “No. That book is dangerous. Keep it closed until we reach the exit and I’ll take it from you then. You’ll wait there until we defeat the wraith, and we’ll discuss your punishment.” She said, annoyed by the fact that she forgot to take the book from them because of all the commotion. When she said punishment, the teenagers reacted with a groan. Nima wasn’t a fan of harsh punishment but she believed this act shouldn’t be unpunished as well, so their punishment would be more of a community service. “From the corridors it’s a straight way to the...” Exit.

It was then she realized the once straight corridors of the old factory have turned into a maze. She suspected that it would be an illusion because of the continuous attack on their mental link, so extended her hand to touch the wall. It wasn’t an illusion, not at all.

It seemed there was more to the wraith than they thought. Nima sighed.

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

[member="Nima Tann"]

Two...One...Now!

The bubble was pushed forward like an invisible battering ram of pure energy. The enormous wraith was unbalanaced. Elpsis could sense that it was caught by surprise, if only for a moment. Regardless, it had been caught off-guard. Elpsis moved quickly. As soon as the bubble was pushed forward and she was deprived of his protection, she sprinted forward. She had faced spirits in the Netherworld before. The experience had driven her almost nuts. But she had been a scared little girl back then. Now she was stronger, and more experienced. She could do this. She had to.

Holding her blazing lightsabre in a two-handed grip she swung it towards what she believed passed for the creature's torso. Not that anatomy made much of a difference when it came to incorporeal spirit beings. Her sun-coloured lightsabre swept through the air. As she channelled the Force through her blade, it raked across the abomination's stomach. The plasma blade crackled, the air was thick with ozone and the abomination howled in anger. It seemed to recoil from the burning blade. But its roar was so loud that it hurt Elpsis' ears. She had to fight against the urge to clutch her unprotected ears.

Premonition screamed in her mind. But she did not hear the whispers before it was too late. A shadowy tentacle emerged from the aether, sweeping her legs out from under her. She fell to the ground. Her blade carved through the tentacle when it tried to ensnare her, but more came. She felt a stab of pain when one sprouted a large talon that dug into her thigh and another cut her cheek. Blood seeped out of the wounds, looking sickly and tainted.

Nima Tann

Nima reached out to Elpsis’s mind, both to check on her and inform her about the current situation. “Complications. Might be late.” She kept it as short as possible not to distract her.

And now, it was the time to deal with this hindrance.

“Stand back.” Nima called the teenagers. Collecting the Force around her hands, she then pushed it with all her might, creating a strong wave which crashed into the walls like a battering ram. She didn’t know what surprises awaited them inside the labyrinth, and they didn’t have the time to find out. She wanted to get them out as quickly as possible and join Elpsis. As a plus, the teenagers would have a clear way in if they faced any danger outside.

Fortunately, the old walls of the factory weren’t that sturdy. Each wave took some pieces out of them and a few waves were enough to open a hole that the teenagers could pass. Of course, her work wasn’t too easy, nothing could be too easy. There were several layers of walls in front of her. A little bit of a time passed. Exhaustion was building up, sweat dropped from her face.

The wave hit the wall. And another. And another.

A sudden sense of dark auras approaching and a loud voice broke her concentration. The voice belonged to one of the teenagers, pointing out the shadowy beings approaching and encircling their position fast. They took the shape of wild dogs, dreadfully howling as they ran. One of them jumped towards the closest teenager and prepared its sharp looking shadowy claws to seriously hurt him. He covered his face, ready to meet his fate. Fortunately for the young man, it wasn’t the time for him yet as a flying blue lightsaber cut its head off which caused it to dissipate with a shriek. It then returned to its owner’s hand, not so gracefully.

She proceeded to create a Force bubble around the teenagers. The Force bubble grew some spikes outwards to act as a secondary layer of protection. Battling a horde of shadow dogs using one hand only was going to be difficult while trying to keep the Force bubble intact, but the other options weren’t safe for the teenagers.

Evade, dodge, strike, throw, defend.

The horde seemed endless. Shadows dissipated and reappeared, providing quite the challenge. Nima was getting tired of jumping from one side of the bubble to another, making sure no shadow reached them. One of them managed to bit her, leaving a stinging and burning feeling with a mark which didn’t look pretty. After a while, it seemed that they finally gave up. Nima immediately let go of the bubble out of exhaustion, taking quick breaths to let some of it out.

Unfortunately for the Twi’lek, it wasn’t the end just yet. It wasn’t the enemies this time, but Kara, the girl who suddenly turned blue started coughing. Coughing. Coughing. Until blood came out her mouth. The boy carrying him shouted her name, cried for help saying something was happening to his friend.

Meanwhile on Elpsis’s side, it seemed like the wraith started to regenerate and get stronger for some reason. Elpsis would start feeling itchy, starting from her wound spreading to all over her body quickly soon. Burning like she was being cooked alive, intensifying each second.

E̢̖͖̬͊s̬̺̘̓̈̎̓̃̓̅ͅạ̞̟̉̂ͫ̿̌̈̚ͅe̻̟͊ǔ̢̻̰̫͚̙͇͍̏̒ ̪͍̮͖͖̘͓̄̋͋ͤ̔̚l̢'̻̪̠͓͖͖́͑͐t̶̳͗o͔͚͕ͬ̊͆̇̒z̥̬̘̘͇ͨ̃z̧̹̖̒͋ ̺̟̟̐͂̎̾ͬ̈̿͘x͖̞͔͔̲̘͇͛̌̌̔ͤ̊̋u̱̽͒̒̐͡n̛̒ͣ͐͑ͫ́̐r̀ͥ͛̇ͫ̽͡ ̶͈̪̰̤͑ͧo͢t̘͍̙ͦͯ̑̕ͅh̵̙̄̔̇ ̭̮̻̟̦͒ͯ͋̌́ͅz̸̘̩͎͑͆ͫu̡͉̪̬̦̮̻̲͑ͪm͙̤̳̱̝͕͒ͫ́m̜̬̹̈́̇̆͜ȁ̪̔̂̿̈́̓̿b̷̙̯̜͆͑b̘͗̒ͮ̃̅ͣi͓̫͚͖͔̤ͤͨ̆ͮͣ̄ ̻̠̯̙͉͎ͥ͊̔̇ͥm̭͈̯̝͋ͥaeͬ͏̟̼̫̬̫͚͎n̤̤͎̩̰͖ͩ̀ ͎̤̹̋ͤ̐͞e̠̠̒s̯̞̳ͯͯa̹̓̈ͪͬ̀̍́e͈̺̓͟u̪̳̼̳̎͑͌ͣ̀ͧn͓͈͙̺̠͎̅̿ͯͦͯ͜ ̱̳̳̓ͣͣ̇ͯ̓̀̚o̡̬͉̭̰͚͇ͫ̈̈́̅̅̾̌ẙ̷̜̱͉͕̗̍͒q͙̠̯͉ͦ̂ͫ̋ì̞̟̥͙̳͉̐̅a̖̙̗͚̺ͯ̊̄ͩ͌͒̚͡ȇ̺̣͚̖̙̀r̸̞̙͔ͤ͋͆!̭͔̜͉̯̦͋̏̈̆ It said angrily. Elpsis managed to hurt it enough to piss it off, it seemed.

[member="Nima Tann"]

E̢̖͖̬͊s̬̺̘̓̈̎̓̃̓̅ͅạ̞̟̉̂ͫ̿̌̈̚ͅe̻̟͊ǔ̢̻̰̫͚̙͇͍̏̒ ̪͍̮͖͖̘͓̄̋͋ͤ̔̚l̢'̻̪̠͓͖͖́͑͐t̶̳͗o͔͚͕ͬ̊͆̇̒z̥̬̘̘͇ͨ̃z̧̹̖̒͋ ̺̟̟̐͂̎̾ͬ̈̿͘x͖̞͔͔̲̘͇͛̌̌̔ͤ̊̋u̱̽͒̒̐͡n̛̒ͣ͐͑ͫ́̐r̀ͥ͛̇ͫ̽͡ ̶͈̪̰̤͑ͧo͢t̘͍̙ͦͯ̑̕ͅh̵̙̄̔̇ ̭̮̻̟̦͒ͯ͋̌́ͅz̸̘̩͎͑͆ͫu̡͉̪̬̦̮̻̲͑ͪm͙̤̳̱̝͕͒ͫ́m̜̬̹̈́̇̆͜ȁ̪̔̂̿̈́̓̿b̷̙̯̜͆͑b̘͗̒ͮ̃̅ͣi͓̫͚͖͔̤ͤͨ̆ͮͣ̄ ̻̠̯̙͉͎ͥ͊̔̇ͥm̭͈̯̝͋ͥaeͬ͏̟̼̫̬̫͚͎n̤̤͎̩̰͖ͩ̀ ͎̤̹̋ͤ̐͞e̠̠̒s̯̞̳ͯͯa̹̓̈ͪͬ̀̍́e͈̺̓͟u̪̳̼̳̎͑͌ͣ̀ͧn͓͈͙̺̠͎̅̿ͯͦͯ͜ ̱̳̳̓ͣͣ̇ͯ̓̀̚o̡̬͉̭̰͚͇ͫ̈̈́̅̅̾̌ẙ̷̜̱͉͕̗̍͒q͙̠̯͉ͦ̂ͫ̋ì̞̟̥͙̳͉̐̅a̖̙̗͚̺ͯ̊̄ͩ͌͒̚͡ȇ̺̣͚̖̙̀r̸̞̙͔ͤ͋͆!̭͔̜͉̯̦͋̏̈̆

Elpsis could not understand the words the wraith spoke. But she could hear - and feel - its wroth. The eldritch creature was enraged. The girl grit her teeth, more blood dripping from her leg. If she had been able to see, she would have noticed how sickly it looked. A wave of nausea washed over her. She fought back against it, swaying as she felt a surge of vertigo. She swung her burning orange blade, cutting through another tentacle. Where her sabre struck, she left searing burns. Then she felt pain. But it was no ordinary pain. It started with itches in her wounds, but spread across her body like wild fire.

The girl struggled to breathe, feeling like she was burning from the inside out. So intense was the pain that she staggered. For her the landscape shifted. Suddenly she was a little girl again. The shape of Xerexes towered over her.

"I must say I'm disappointed, Elpsis. I save you from being locked in mediocrity. I offer to give you everything...and yet you insist on failing me by refusing to realise your potential. You're too attached to these trivial beasts," he chided her.

"Dora's my friend. She's good. She's getting healthy."

"She's an animal, you silly girl."

"She'll be ok. She won't get in the way. Don't hurt her...please," she held the small Nexu cub protectively. Of all his experiments, Dora was the smallest and the sickliest. But she had been nursing her back to health.

"If you're too weak to kill her, I will."

"No, I won't let you!" But her fireball was weak. His power struck her mind. She screamed in pain, feeling like he was carving through her mind. The small nexu growled, baring its fangs and leapt towards him. "No!" But then her friend was struck by lightning and no more.

There was no mercy in her Father's eyes. "Stop crying, you weakling."

"I hate you." She tried to fight him. It was in vain. Without any effort, he lifted her into the air with the power of his mind. Her struggle was futile. "Since you are so fond of animals, I shall leave you chained up with with the rats tonight..."

In the real world, Elpsis was down on one knee. She screamed. A clawed tentacle struck her - and her rage found an oulet. A fiery wave of the Force blasted from her towards the abomination that towered over her. She was angry. She wanted the pain to stop - and for someone else to feel it.

Nima Tann

When the wave of Force enhanced by Elpsis’s rage hit the wraith, it let out another shriek painful to unprotected ears. Elpsis would get just a moment of relief before it regenerated and retaliated with the same intensity, causing Elpsis’s hallucinations to become even more horrifying and her wounds to itch and burn like a thousand fiery worms were crawling inside her body. But it didn’t stop there, now that it was clear she could hurt it and there was only little life left in the host it selected to feed, it started moving towards Elpsis and prepared to attack her with all its might to finish her off while she was distracted. Sharp claws got closer, closer and closer.

Meanwhile, Nima immediately rushed towards Kara, who started puking blood and whose color has changed from blue to pale grey. She had to do something, and fast. The girl was getting worse and worse, and it didn’t look like it was because of the drugs. “Everybody stay calm. You.” She pointed at the boy carrying her and shouting in desperation. “Lie her down to the floor gently and support her body. Keep her head to the right.” The boy did as he was told, still shaking from fear. The others gathered around the three, looking at their friend with fearful eyes. “Before you meddled with the book, has she shown any signs of an illness?” She asked the boy as she continued examining Kara. “No. She was high like all of us. It isn’t her first time too.” He answered, then added. “Miss, is she going to... die?”

“I won’t let her, you just keep calm and do what I told you. There seems to be no physical trauma, so I’ll look into her mind. She might start shaking, it’s a normal reaction, what I want you to do is to keep her as steady as possible.” Nima responded, trying to sound as encouraging as possible. “I’ll be in a trance so won’t be able to hear you. If there’s an emergency, pinch my arm.“ After she explained a few more things he has to be careful about and told everyone to stay close, it was the time to take a peek at her mind.

There was almost no resistance when she reached out to her mind and opened a link for herself. No thoughts were flying around, there was no emotion, not even fear for her own life. It felt like she faced the void. It was a worrying sight indeed, but the fact that there was no resistance also made it easier for her to find what was wrong. She was looking for any signs of outside interference, a link to follow. If what she suspected was true, then the time was running out.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

And surely she has found one. The link reeked with dark side, and its source was none other than the summoned wraith. When she got closer, it became difficult to breathe and she had to strengthen her mental defences as a sharp headache hit her suddenly. Her suspicions became truth, it seemed. The wraith was using the girl’s body as a host and was sucking the life out of her. She sent a mental blast to the link to check its defences, and the counter-attack came immediately. Several equally strong mental blasts hit her defences like a battering ram. Fortunately, she took precautions beforehand so they weren’t enough to break her shield. Now it was her turn to attack.

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.

The mental blasts hit the link, getting stronger with each hit. If she could even cause one crack, it would be enough for her to break it, but what she didn’t expect was a sudden vision that immediately caused her to freak out.

“You disappoint me, over and over and over again. You are a pathetic little girl with no chance to survive in this world. I told her that you would never change by yourself. I told her that my methods would work better. My patience has run out. You are cursed, child. You are cursed with a weakness that holds you back. You can’t change. But I know the solution. I know what can make you stronger, get rid of this weakness that your heart carries. Pain. Hatred. I shall break you, rebuild you, break you again, until you become what you are supposed to be. My daughter.” A hand reached out and grabbed her, pulling her towards the bright room.

The doors closed.

Cold.

So cold.

“Let me out. Please! I want to be better. It hurts. I want to be better!” Unanswered pleas turned into desparation. She knocked on the door continuously with increasing intensity, hoping that someone would hear her and let her out. There was no response.

Except one. A familiar, comforting voice. It didn’t belong to this world.

“Breathe.”

“You are okay.”

“It’s not real.”

The illusion broke like glass after something clicked inside her mind, bringing her back to reality. She lashed out, pushing her limits with the instinct of a trapped animal, seeking to destroy her opponent who just made her relive the memories buried deep within. After a barrage of mental blasts, the link became weaker and weaker and then finally disappeared.

Silence.

Then she opened her eyes, meeting the concerned gaze of the boy. “Miss, are you okay? You were crying.” He asked, his tone was filled with worry.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me. What about your friend?” She responded dismissively as she wiped away the tears from her face.

“She’s better, I think. Stopped puking a while ago and color’s slowly coming back to her face.” The boy responded, his tone was a lot calmer now, seeing his friend’s condition has improved.

“Good. Let’s get you all out of here before anything else shows up.” She didn’t mention that Kara has lost so much blood and needed immediate treatment as it would only cause more stress on the teenagers who have already been through a lot. Instead, she secretly informed the medic of the situation and sent them their location.

That voice...

[member="Nima Tann"]

There was pain. Both in her mind and the real world. "You're a monster.."

"Tsk, tsk, is that the way to speak to your old man?" Xerexes asked mockingly as he dragged her through the corridor. She struggled in vain, tried to kick, bite and hit him, but her body would not obey her commands. She thrashed in vain. It was as if the link between mind and body had been severed. She was helpless. Still she struggled.

When he grew tired of her struggles, he tightened his grip around her and lightning shot into her body. She screamed. "Your mother screamed just like that, you know. She was a dirty, whiny whore. And she hated you from the moment she realised a little brat was growing inside her."

"Shut up!" In an act of will, she managed to break the hold for just a moment and bite his hand. She tasted blood.

"You filthy animal!" he yelled angrily. Then there was anguish. The feeling was like a hot knife being driven through her brain, exploding into countless burning shards. She cried out in agony and crumpled into a fetal ball on the floor. "P-please stop...I'm sorry...I'll be good..."

"Look at you. She could not even bear to look at you when you were born. She could not get rid of you fast enough. Because she knew you're mine. Just like the Kallikoras dumped you the moment they got the chance. Just like the Jedi will. Who's are you?" She whimpered something. "Answer me!" He drove the shards deeper into her mind. She was burning from the inside out. Her cries of terror became animal howls. Her limbs convulsed wildly as if she was suffering from a seizure. "Now."

"Y-yours..."

"Finish it."

"Y-yours...f-father," she struggled to form words.

The pain ceased. She suddenly fell limp and lay still. "Mine, forevermore. Don't imagine I take joy in this, daughter. All I'm doing is educating you so that you can fulfil your destiny. Your father only wants what's best for you. You brought this on yourself. Disobedience must be punished." A mental gesture opened the small cell door. Elpsis recoiled, but he grabbed her by the throat.

"N-no...p-please..."

"Only the weak beg." Then he pushed her into the cell. She landed upon the floor. Her father followed, restraining her with shackles. Then he turned and walked out. Inside the cell, Elpsis sobbed. "Just a stupid little girl that never learns," he muttered, loud enough for her to hear. Then he slammed the door shut, leaving her in the darkness. Rats soon crawled over her. "Unable to do anything except cry."

Fear, pain and anger surged through her. Against her father, herself and the world. Tears dripped down her face. Her body was a mass of pain, the rats were scratching and biting her. So much pain. "You're wrong...Daddy," she said in between sobs.

Her pain and terror bled out. Suddenly, one by one the rats stopped biting her. One that had been sinking its small teeth into her flesh with gusto, suddenly lacked her hand. "I can make you burn. I will make you burn." She had been here before. She had gotten out.

In the real world, her wounds itched and burnt, like she was being consumed by horrible worms. She imagined the rats tearing through them with their sharp teeth. She was not a victim anymore. A coat of gold or a coat of red, a lioness still had claws. And hers were long and sharp. Sickly looking blood dripped from a wound in her stomach. Her shirt was caked in blood. She wanted it to stop. She wanted to hurt something. With a blood-curdling shriek, she gathered her pain into a mental ball and flung it at the wraith's mind like a catapult would a massive boulder.

Nima Tann

Shortly afterwards they escaped the old factory, the Firemane healer team arrived to evacuate the teenagers. One of them approached her while the others went to check on the teenagers. "Mistress Tann, we came as fast as we could." She said, Nima noticed that while she was speaking to her, her attention was on her hands. "Mistress, you are bleeding. It can get..." She said and extended her hand to take a look. Because of the adrenaline, Nima didn't feel any pain or even didn't notice she had an open wound, but there was little time. Her niece was still fighting the wraith inside after all. So, she withdrew her hand. "I feel fine, don't worry about me. This place is still dangerous so evacuate the teenagers to a safe zone. They are intoxicated and one of them has lost a lot of blood. Once their treatment is done, wait for us before you release them. Oh, and also..." She walked towards the boy holding the book, and took it from him, then she walked back to the healer and gave the book to her. "Keep this book away from them. That's all." The healer gave a brief nod, then joined the other healers.

Nima then moved back to the entrance of the old factory. Her steps were quick, and hopefully there was no other obstacle before she could reach her. She tried to reach Elpsis telephatically before and there was no response. Even though Nima knew she could handle it, she was still worried about her. In any case, she had to move fast.

Meanwhile, on Elpsis's side, it seemed the wraith got hurt from Elpsis's mental attack unlike before, now that there was no host to feed on. It let out a horrific scream as the mental boulder hit its defences. Combined with Nima's mental attack from before, it already had its defences damaged and now with the intensity of Elpsis's attack, it all came down like it was glass. Elpsis would feel that the pure anger of the wraith turned into fear for just a second there before it regained its composure and started mumbling in a foreign, demonic language. One thing was certain, it was getting desparate.

"Ẍ͍̖͛̆̓̅a͇̤͇͍̖ͭ̍͂̓͊̆y̹͋ͮ̽͐ͩ͋ā̹͎̰̌ͨͦ̃̚ë̮̮̥̫̯̳͐̒̚̚z̹̟͎̺̙͎̥͆ͬͯ̉̅a̭̮̠̙͗ͤ̐͆ͨ͑ ̳ͮ̒ͯͧ̌͋ẓ̦̲̌e͉̺̾̓ͮ̔͂̚s̳͍̫͚̺̒̏ͅ ̑ṙ͉̗̞̞̣̓e̬̫̖̤͈̞̩ͫ͊ͤͣi̤̝̪̳ͪ̈́͛ͪ̚ͅͅh͙̻͙̩̲͆.̮̯̭͙̫̱̓ ̗͛̔ͨ̋̚ ̑͐ͥ͋ͣͬX͛̓ͯa̱̙̹̣̯̝͋̎̄ͅy̜̱̩̥͈ͧ̍́͆̌͂͋a͓̥͔̣̥ͩ̎̈̽e̬ͫz͉̘͈̦̳ă̰ͩ͒͑ͬ̄ͧ ͇̜͉̓̃͗ͅz̲̑̎̀͑̿ẽ̩̰͇̼̬͕͕ṡ̼̠̻͎̽͂̅ ̀̃̀̊̃ͦ̀w̪̥̪͕̘̆̉͛̉͑ͫǵ̹͆ͯ̔̎l̤̙̥̥̺͓͔̃ͥo͓̳̠̯̲̯̹ͮͮ̑ͨ͑.̬̱̮͖̭̫͍̂̀ͯ̐̽ͭ̇ ̰͚̤͕͙͌ ̪ͮ͐͊M͎̋̔̆a̱̜͆̊̂ͩ̃͛̔p̯̭̭̊͐̐̽̃̋ḣ̟́̆̽ ̰̲̮ͩ̋̏̈͋z̗̞̤̄̇̀͂ã͇͊ͧ̿ͣ͗"

Shadowy tendrils, created purely by the Dark Side, started to reach Elpsis. Then, it talked again. This time, what it said was clear.

Ḟ̪̞̳̲͕͌e̺̖͎̘̹̣ȇ̍̎ͦd̳̣̞̣͈͙̾̑ͪ̏͑̓̓ ̯̗̳̬ͪ̋̓ͫm͎̻̘͇̪͐́̐̂e̗̼̩ͨ͐̄͛̂.̖̟̠̻̻̪͆̌̇

Y̟̤̻̗̹͛ͫ́͆oủ͎̟̝̝͚͑͊̇ͨͅ ͓̰̰͂͊ͣͫͦͮͤs̯̘̼͓̫̑͐ṭ̙̊̾ͤ̀r̯̗͐̃u͓͎̬̳̙͆g̭̦ͧͮͤͩ̒̆g̘̯͖̫̟̰̽̽̀̊͆̐lͯe͍̗̹̮̜̦̞ͣͩ̔͑̓ ̳̙̖͔̻̣̅̿̆ͧ̋̔a̹̥̝̜̔̽̈́̏g̣̠̬̥̤͈̃̆̓ͫá͕̹̻̱̇ͬ͌̏ͅi̼͍̭̭̮͖̞ͩn̼͚ͩ̽͆̊̋ͅs̱̞̘̤̩ͣ̂ͨ̈̿t̻̓ ͨ̄ṫ͖̳͉̬̰̟͋͌̐ͯ̋̍h̺̲̘͌̈́͌́̍͊e͇̳ͭ͆ͯ ̘͚͎̼͆̏ͦi͖͔̜͆̀ͮ̒͌̋̉ǹ͉̤͖̩͎ͤͪ̽̒̊͗e̠͚̤ͥͧͣ̾v̗̝̣̓̌ȉ͕͕̤̜̾̾̊̌̊t͓̤a̫͉̻̫ͧ̚ḅ̯̦̞ͧ̒̈l̰͓̱̏͛e͓̬̠̮̗͓ͫ́̋̋̍ͬͤ.̰̱̬͓͉
̯̻̝̗̙͙̬̓Y̤̝̜͛ͭo̱̳͎͖͔̭ͯ͋̅̇̓ͫu̪͚͎̫͑ͭͦ ̬̳͓͓̐̆ͥ̔w̥ͤ͊̓ͭ̿i͖͖̹͔̬̒ͫ̃̏̓̓̆l͇͙̝͕̪̾̑l͕̝̙̙̠̙̹ ͓͍̜̘ͥ͑ͤ̏͐́dr̻̩͉͖̣ͩ͗ͥo͖̖ͩ̒̃ͦw̭͖̦͚͎̘ͤ̇͗͂̀̓̆n͈̰̓ͯ̾ ͕̆i͉͈ͬ̈́͐̒ͧ͛n̫͚̩̳̠̩̖̏ͤ́̅̀ ̜̭̪̻̞͙͋̌̅̽̄t̏̊̾ͦ̐̽h̤͌ͅe̟̝̹̲̣͚̙ͨͭͪ̑ͭ̈ ̘͖̎̑ͨ̀tͭ̓͒ͩͩ̏i̫̗̮ͤ̓ͫd͎͚͇̣̠̆̋̿ͩ̈͗e̗ͦ̇͋̏̓ͧ̚.
̺̠̑́̑ͥ̓̃Y̼̮̺̫͌ͬͧ͒̈̾ͯò̹̞̲̊̈͗͆͑̽u͉̤r̠͖̳̘̓ ͂̆̎ͤs̞̮̮̞̱͐̏̉̐̌t̪̩̦͈̹̫̿̏̒ͮ̊ͭͣr͌̓̽̎e̥̤̞̩͊́̉̾̀͆n͙̝̠̠̉͆͆̽̉̇͑g͂͐̐̑ͣ̓̾t͉̯͔̙̙h̗̞ͭ ̗̇͋͂ͅͅd̲͉̮͖̬̝̠̎̒͌w͍i̜͓͍͇̮ͩ͗́̑̈̿͗n̦̙̮̭̖̭͛͛ͧd̘̖̰̫͎̳̳͒̀l̺̬̤̪͕̱̩e͎̭͌̀ś̏̃.̗̮̙̫͉ͪ̒̾̽̊ͥ̐
͉̤̫̂́ͭY̮̱͕̳͈̋̋ͧ͗o͕̠̤ͅu̝ͥr̙̲̋ ̥͉̞̫̘͉̥̓̄̌͆p̤̳̞ͩ̈́̽̆̋ͥo̺͍͍̓ͬẉͅé̼͒̊̽r͉ͦ̉ ͇͓ͯi̳̹͇̖̞̜̙ͨ̔̎͐s͉͇̗̭̼̖̔̉̇̎ ̻ͨ̈́ͬ̎͂ͬ̏m̪͛i͓̋n̟̹̳̰̉e͙̳̪ͦ̈̒̄ͬ̽̿.̓̾͐̂

Darkness had engulfed the room. It was a miasma of energy tainted by the wraith's presence. To stand in its presence was sickening for Elpsis. Simply by being there it made her feel nauseous. Its very presence was wrong. Such was the strength of the taint. Her body pained and itched. Like rats were biting her. Still, she stood. For just a moment, she smelt an aroma of fear wafting from the abomination. Words of corruption left its spectral lips, followed by shadowy tendrils of energy.

Elpsis gripped her lightsabre's hilt tight as the tendrils came at her. Blood dripped down from her bruised lips. Holding her lightsabre with both her hands, she slashed. There was an eruption of energy when she sliced through one of the tendrils. Bright light emanated from her burning blade when she channelled the Force through it.

She cut through another tendril, then another. But more came. With each attack she fended off, she felt weakened. With each stroke, they got closer. The nausea got worse and she felt like her head was spinning. Before long one of the shadowy tendrils had struck her, then another. She struggled to maintain her balance, feeling like her energy was being leeched.

The lightsabre felt heavy in her hands. Acting on instinct, she tried to draw upon the Force, forming a shield around herself. But the more she tried to encase herself in the protective cocoon, the stronger the wraith grew. Sweat dripped down her face and back. Strain was written across her features. Cracks appeared in her shield. She could not maintain it.

Y̪͚̯̪̏o͙͇̍̒̀ǖ͉̮͎̪͇͍̏͋͐ͫ ̌ͮ̂ͬr̭̯͋e̼̘̞̺̳ḛ͉͓̌͆͑̂͛̐͌k̟͉ͤ͑̃͂̒̄̆ ̯͗̽͋ͤ̇̏̓o̖̮̯͔̗͎̬͐̾̒ͥ̽ͤ̉f̩ͅ ͙̫̤̪͎̠̽ͅf͔̰͇̹̤̔e̯̥͖͉̾̈́̆̆̒ͯ̚a͉̳̝̘rͬ̅.̻͕̣̤̠ͦͅ
̩͊̆̐ͤ̌Ị͑̓̅̓t̪ ̀̔d͓̟͇̟̰͖̓͋̔͒͋̋͒ẹ̠̣͔̲̑̍v͕̼̈ͭ͋ͧͅoṵ̰͖̫̲ͫr̪̣͌ͩ̽͆̄ͥ̃s̼ͯ̔͑͛͐ͮ ͚̠̹͉̝̝̤͊̒͛y̻̝o̞̰ͣͅȗ͖̹̞̦̫̹̀̅̾̿̄.̗͕̿̌͗̾͐̓̈́
ͧ͂̒̏̚̚Y͖̥̭̼̟͎̹ͧo̟̟̖ͤ͐͑͛u̎̌̐̽ͤͯ ͕͈͈̝͕̑ͯͬͅw̥̯ͮͮͭi͇͎̮̫̼̲̼̔̂̓ͩ̒l̜̥̋ͭ̀̏̈́̈l̠̩͍̦̠͉ͮ̀ ̬̈́ͥf̝̹ͣ̇̉͛̋̆̎ê̙̤̜̮͖̼͂̅̈́̓ͧ̊ȅ̺̦̹̆̈́̓́̅̚ͅͅd̦̥ ̬̼̬̏ͬt͔̰̝̻͛ͯ͋ͦh̫̰̭͐̔̀ͥ͛ͤ̏ẽ̗̣͖̜̰ͪͧ̽ ̖͖ͨͤ̈̓̌̏v͚̙̳̘͕̑̔̾̓̄̔ͯő̹͈̰̘̞̈ͅi̿̔̔̚d͚͓͌̉̅ͪ.͎̦̈͂̅̔

Once again, the wraith spoke. Perhaps it was a sign of Elpsis becoming delirious, but it was not the abomination's voice she heard. It was its presence, but the mocking, contemptuous voice was that of her father. A monster in his own right. A void flashed in her mind, consuming her thoughts...threatening to devour her soul.

But she was a servant of the Lifeweb. Guided by the Red Lady. She did not bow before demon or abomination. It was not the Darkness she had to fear. This being had not put down roots in this realm. It did not belong here. The tendrils slipped through the cracks, the shield dropped. Elpsis knew pain. So did the wraith. For darkness met darkness when tendrils of smoke and shadow sprouted from her hands. "Eat this," she hissed angrily, eyes flaring.

Nima Tann

[SIZE=10.5pt]Darkness...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Pure darkness...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]When Nima stepped inside the old factory, she suddenly felt a sharp pain in the back of her head and a disturbing feeling filled her heart. When she opened her eyes again, darkness was the only thing she could see. As if she was staring to the void. This wraith, whoever it was before, was indeed strong as it could bypass her mental defences to imprison her in its trap. Nima's hands were trembling, possibly because the chilling breeze she could feel touching her skin. There was a power shift here, the suffocating aura of the Dark Side was a lot more dominant than a few minutes ago, which made her even more concerned about what was happening between Elpsis and the wraith. Extending her hand towards the void, she met an invisible wall. Nima took another step into what it seemed another maze. Unfortunately this time she wouldn't be able to punch her way through as the walls in a mental maze had physical immunity![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As she continued walking, her hand extended to see where the walls ended, she heard a whisper in the back of her head. It was inaudible, but the voice was familiar. Then right in front of her, a silhouette appeared, taking the form of a younger Twi'lek. The inaudible whispers became more clear as she came closer. "Save me." "You betrayed me." "Don't leave me alone." "Leave me alone." "Sister..." "..." Layered whispers hit her head, one with the coldness of Hoth and the other broken, shy, reaching out. The silhouette took the form of her little sister, Tadietti, yet she looked disfigured, disturbing. In their last encounter after 10 years of her disappearance, she saw what happened to her. Became a slave to a Hutt, lost her mind to the point she relied on a mask to stay in one piece. Nima saved her from the Hutt, but didn't have the strength to save her from herself. "I'm sorry. I tried... I tried to save you. I swear... I was..." Nima said and reached out to her, only to find out she couldn't. It wasn't her right in front of her, but a mere reflection in mirror. A past mistake haunting her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nima sighed painfully, withdrew her hand from the mirror and then looked down. A couple of seconds passed with silence, but it felt like eternity. Finally, Nima looked back to the mirror, her eyes meeting with the disfigured reflection's yet again. "You didn't listen, little sister. I can't save you if you don't want to be saved. I tried. I tried my best. I promise you that." It was painful to admit this but as the words escaped her mouth, she felt... somehow lighter. The reflection in the mirror reacted to her words by coming closer with a smile on her face. She also reached out, and when it looked like she was touching the mirror, the mirror suddenly shattered, opening the path for the Twi'lek. "I promise... I will try my best."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Time to move again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]With each step she took, the chilling breeze was getting colder, with the dark aura becoming more suffocating. Her heart started pounding faster. As she felt like she was getting near to the exit, the intensity of the whispers increased. Once they were a minor inconvenience now they became needles stabbing her brain with each scream.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Why didn't you stop me?" It was her older sister. The one who became Sith. She lost contact with her after their one and only meeting, when she still had fractured memories. "I was right there. You could've reached out. Yet instead, you decided to let me go. Pathetic." Another step.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I saved you from a certain death. You thank me by abandoning me in my time of need? I should've left you to die. You don't deserve it." It was the voice of her step-father, who was a Jedi. He saved her when she was hit in the head by a blaster bolt, adopted her and brought her to become a Jedi. He went missing in action when she was still a child. The only thing that could be found was his lightsaber. Nima took the lightsaber and decided to continue his legacy. Was it her leaving the Jedi why she thought she abandoned him, or the fact that she knew he was missing in action and didn't try to search for him? Either way, it was too late now. Another step.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I shall break you, rebuild you and break you again, until you become what you are supposed to be... You are cursed with a weakness that holds you back..." The whispers of all the lost ones overlapped, creating a mess of voices that were not understandable and difficult to deal with. Nima started to breathe faster, too fast that she couldn't control them anymore. It was too much. She lost her balance and fell down. Sweat drops fell to the ground and joined the void. Her vision started to get blurry. She was having a panic attack. No, she couldn't let it win. She had to continue. She had to escape this prison. "St... stop... stop. Stop. STOP!" With all the strength she could gather, she shouted. The shout turned into a wave of Force, destroying the mirrors in front of her one by one. Once each and every mirror was broken, the voices finally stopped, leaving her in a state of quiet. It was all her and the sound of her sobbing now, which gradually decreased until she finally calmed down. After that, she pushed herself from the ground to stand up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]When she looked forward, she saw two doors, both open so she could see what was happening inside. The first exit looked beautiful, green and blue in harmony, a warm breeze inviting her to move inside, in the middle she saw her and her family laughing and messing around. It was a reflection of what she always wanted. The other one was bright and empty, like the void. It was cold and suffocating. This was the room. The room that caused all the trauma she went through. The one so strong that she couldn't deal with, therefore imprisoned it within the depths of her mind. At one side, she had the life she always wanted, at the other, the reality itself. Her first step was towards the first exit. And another. And another.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Was she going to leave everything behind just to live a lie?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It wasn't real. It was just her running away again. Running away from her problems. Pushing them away until they resurface at some point.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She stopped, and looked at the other exit. Did she really want to remember what she went through?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She had to. This was a lie. This other door, no matter how she wanted it to be true, was just an illusion to keep her trapped inside her mind. She had to face her problems head on. She finally decided and started moving towards the bright room. Once she stepped inside, she suddenly felt like her soul was getting ripped from her body and then everything went dark.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]--[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]“Hush, hush... How did you get in there? I told you it was forbidden.” Daesha asked caressing her daughter’s head gently to calm her down, who had difficulties breathing from all the sobbing. Luckily for her, she arrived in time. She didn’t want to think about what would happen otherwise. It was Tal’s, her husband’s, special interrogation/torture room, which contained an artifact that drained Force painfully, corrupted by him to only work on the Light Siders. Daesha was opposed to the idea of bringing work to home, but accepted on the condition that he would keep it locked at all times.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“F... fa... father.... I was bad.... He said.... It would fix me...” Nima managed to say as she slowly regained control over her breathing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“HE put you in here?!” She couldn’t contain her anger. No amount of explanation would be enough for this. “Where are your sisters?” She asked, trying to mask her anger to not put Nima in any more distress.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“W... we were playing... outside.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Go join them. I need to talk to your father.” She got up and was about to leave, but Nima ran towards her, grabbed her hand and pulled it as if she sensed something bad was about to happen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Mommy. It’s my fault. Don’t be mad at him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Go join your sisters, Nima. We are just going to talk.” She removed her hand from hers, and moved quickly towards Tal’s working chamber. He was most likely going to be there. Once she arrived, as expected, he was there. And he was waiting for her, it seemed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Daesha.” He said with no emotion. Well, that made one of them. Daesha was quite pissed off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Tal. I suppose you have an explanation for it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Your methods didn’t work. I took the matter in my hands.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“You took the matter in your own hands by locking your own daughter to your torture room? What the kark, Tal?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Yes. It works for my other subjects. You are too soft on her. She will be pathetic if you keep protecting her. She won’t survive as a Sith.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“This is your explanation. Really? She is a CHILD, for Force’s sake. How does torturing her help solve the problem?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“She won’t always stay as a child. My patience is running thin. She will be my daughter, whether she wants it or not, and you will not stop her.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“For all those years I turned a blind eye to your cruelty. But you’ve crossed the line by involving your own family to it.” She activated her lightsaber.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“What is this?” Tal asked, unimpressed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“You know what this is. You are no true Sith. You are just a pathetic man who wants power. You will never understand the true strength of being one.” And then, she launched, lightsaber ready to strike.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The two clashed for minutes, both equal in strength and raw Force power. It was a matter of one doing a mistake that would determine the victor of this duel. Unfortunately, the one that did it was Daesha, and she paid that one little mistake with her life. There occured a moment where Daesha took a second longer to bring her lightsaber between his lightsaber and her body, and Tal stabbed her using that momentary lack of defense. As life slowly left her body, she had a moment to look into his eyes. They were devoid of emotion. No remorse, nothing at all. Tal deactivated his lightsaber and her body tumbled to the ground.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She closed her eyes...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]---[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nima opened her eyes. She was back at the real world. She got up. Her stomach hurt, right where the Jedi stabbed her. But it wasn’t her own wound which hurt, no. Nima looked briefly at her belt, where her mother’s lightsaber resided, then continued moving.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"][/SIZE]

[member="Nima Tann"]

The wraith was weakening. Elpsis could feel its power diminish as the tendrils latched on to it. Some it disintegrated, others it hurled back at her, but enough struck for it to feel the drain. It was not of this world. It needed time and strength to put down roots. Even the greatest of trees needed those. Deny it them and it would be sent back from whence it came. Her eyes flared as she closed in. Her steps were painful. Her skin felt like it was burning. But she held her blade. As the power was leeched from the abomination, she felt a strong rush. Before her milky-white eyes stood the void. She no longer feared it.

It flashed before her, and for just a moment the landscape shifted as she stared into the heart of darkness. She saw a cliff. Upon which stood a pale lady taller than any man. She was draped in scarlet, had red eyes and long copper hair that seemed to have caught flame. A red gold choker that contained a ruby fit tightly around her neck. Before her lay an angelic being of light. He was as tall as the Red Lady, fair of skin and had a golden mane. Bright light radiated from him. His form was fair, but when she looked past it Elpsis could feel naught but malice. When the entity spoke, it was with the wraith's voice.

Y̞̝̤͉̠͚̹oͤ̿ͯ̄ͨ̿̔u̞̹̻̎ͪ̃͊ ͌͋ͫ̈ͥͫc̉͌́͂a̮̗̜̥͂ͬn͔̦̗ͩͧͬ̐͌̐n̂ͫ͂̃o̥̭̠̙̙ͣͪẗ̼͓̹́̒ ̜͚̙̬̘̱ͩ͒͑̊͊̒̚c͍̦̙̻͎̟̞o̬ͭ̊̐̍n̜̭̩ͩt̖͎̼͑̓̏ȃ͍̗̮̲̼̻̔̑ͧi̘̤͕̮͖ͩ̔͂ǹ̰̺̮̺̟͍ͤ̇͆̎ͩͭ ͓̠͚̖ͬ̌̋̓̓me̒.̮̼̻͓ͬ̊͐ͧͫ̃ͨ ͓ͪ̈̉̊͐
̭I̪̘̘̤ͭ ͙̗̜̹̥̫͑͆ͯͧ̚ͅw̻̖͍͎i͖̙͇͇̲̯͎̋͑̆̉ͨl̖̞̤̳̩̫̭̈́ͥͪ̎͒l͛̂͋ͤ͂̎ ̭͓̞͈͇̭̞͐̒h̰̞͙̩͉̆̀͐̋av̞ͤͬͤ̏͂̌ë̻̪͚̟̼ ̰͈̟̻̙̹̏͌ͤ̄ͣ̊w̪̉ͮĥ͖̫̳͕̀͛͊̀̍ǎ̤͈͍͌̋̊̅t͎̼̙̍̏ͅ ͍̤̞ͥ̄̐̀̊i̞͎̹͖ͬͩͩs͖̺̲̹̖̓̆̄͂ͮ ͇͓̱͔̪͎̀̌ͣ̄̿̈͌m̭͓̔͂ͪ̈́͂͋͊ḭ̻̪͈̻̪͓n̰̼ͣͣ̎ḙ̩̽̓͊ ̥͂ͨͨ̄b̮̣̱̜̩̺̑̔̋̓y̝ͥ̍͆́ͭ͗ ̞͂͊̓r͉͈͕̱̥͂͂̃ͅi͍̖̇̂̍̄ͫ̾g͕̪͗ͣ͑̈́ḣͯt̩̥͒.̤̠̱͓͕̪͔̍ͦ̑͒̋
͕̤̱̱̝̺̱̃̐ ̰̳ͣ̉̍͛͒̾ͧA͖̒̓ͮͧ̑n̠̬̩̩̑ͭ̿ͣ͛d̟͙͓̳̍ͥͧ̇ ̩̱͓͍̦͔ͫ̑̿ͤ̓ͤ̃y̝̫̯͎̤̓̑̃o̰͕͙̹̪͍u̗͒̊ͧͦͮͨ̚ ̮̗̦̳̻͙̽͌̅ẅ̙͙̥̯́ͬͯ̆i͉͖͎̫̹̦̣ͤ̿ͦl͂l̝̔ ̜̼̠͕̘̾̈r̜̘̩͍͉̜̍ͩ̌ͮu̟͓̠͇ͤe̘ͫͥ ̲̪͔͇͎̿ͅť̞h̜̫̰͈̯̹̪͆̈̊e͔̬̟̭͉̖̋̄͌ ̘̯͓͕͑ͮ̽ͪ̏͛d̞̖̥̳̖̎͑̐̾a͇͐ͦ͂y̫̯̐̊ͦͫ͋ͮ ̺̮͔̮̗̞͙͑́̚y̪̺̖̭͂̓͆̅o̬ͣ̐̍̓̒ū̠̚ͅ ̭̖̾ͨ̂́͋w͇r̞͔͎̞͕ͅo̦̻͍̟̜̮ͭͫ̈́͐̽n̤̤̭̝̻̬̜̎ͥ̅̋g̯͕̞̤̠̒̀ͧͨͭë̥̩̔ḓ͇̺̖̂͗ ̻͚ͤ̅ͭ̏̉̚̚m͓̃̆̄ͬ̉e̜̪͖̬͎̓͆̾ͣ

͎̫̖̎ͩͨ̔ͮ͑Y̤̮̠̤̗o̭͕͉͆ͧ͆̉̒͆̀u̦̠̐ ̠̝̟̗̰̳̑ͦ͆ͮ̃ͅh̪̯͆ͪa̮ͥv̞ͭe̔͒̅ͧ͑ ͙̯͔͙͂͑n̻̖͇͓͈ͪo͎̙̥̺̣̓̎̇ ͖̑͒̑̒̃̽̈p͚͍̝̻̫̺̓ͪͫ͒̌͗ͅo̻̯ͮ̾̎̊ͩ̽w̮̪e͑̒ͬr ̚h̥͓̔ͯͩẽ̺̞̅r̻ͯͪ̍̌̚e̻̜̳͒ͨ͋̈́̑̚ͅ,ͮ́ ̙f͇̱̤̗̱̞aͨ̏l̖̮̘͋̌̓s̯͚̳̗͙̺ͯ̚ē͔͍̖̯̫ͨ ̤͚̊̿͊̌ͪͥ͑k͕̮ͦͭ̔͋̃̀̾ͅi̬̰̩̱̇͐̌ͪͣ́͋n͍͔̆͒ͭǵ̘͈̙̺͉̣̐.͕ͮ͂̔ͬ͋ ̬̲̤͈̱͔̍͊
͓̤̲ͧ̓ͬ̒͋ͧ͗Y͖̜͖͔̺̠͋̎̚o͂̽͗̑̈́͌̚u ̺̜̘̣̝͈̣ͭͧ̊̽̆̒ā̪̼̯̯͚r̖̳͚̯͚͗̅ͬ͑e̱̯̪̞ͨ̓̏͒ ̪ͭ̓ͧͭ̀̃ṉ͍̱͕͂ͅa͕̘̣͐m̯̻̤ͩ̏ͮͯ̚e͎͎̟͕̫͙l̩̼͍̤ẻ̹̊s͓͔̳̺̿͛̀s͇͙̝͇̳̮̊̈͊͆ͨ̉ͩ,̙̪͔̲̬͆ͪ͌̇͒ͅ ̙͉̭̰̯͕̫̾̊̽s̠̲͉͕̹̱͙h̖͗ȁ̰͕̖̙͗̃̊́͋p̯͙̝͊ͯe͈̗͓͉̭͇l͑̋ͣ̊́ͩ̀e̺͍̹̠͓̩̙̓̎͌ͯ̒̊s̜̱̱̖s͆͋̍̚,̺͚̙͖ͧͬ̐ͯ̿ ̲̃̔̏f̭̻̖̩̰̎̍o͖̠͓̼̞͋ͯ̄͊̓ͦr̰̪͍m̭ͮͬ͗͐̓͂͆l͖̾ͧ̄̾̋è̒͋s̱̖͖̪̃̓ͧ̿̾̊͛ͅs̏͛̈̀̇̃

As the Red Lady spoke, the ruby in her choker shone in the dark. The being before her screamed as eldritch fire emanated from her hands. He fought back with his magic. Wounds were opened up in her fair skin, and blood dripped from her flesh. But the ground beneath the entity was torn asunder and he was pulled into the pit.

Then the vision faded, and Elpsis stood before the wraith. He was struggling. She could feel him diminishing. This was her moment. She slashed at him, slicing through his spectral leg. He stumbled and she raised her lightsabre, holding it in both hands. Then brought the burning blade crashing down upon him. He raised an arm to block, but she cut through his armour. Her weapon crackled with energy as she channelled the Force through it.

The Force surged through her. She hammered the abomination with her power, seeking to rip it out root and stem. And then she knew pain when an eldritch spear, formed from the power of the void, was thrust through her stomach. It all happened so fast that shock kept her from even crying out in pain when the weapon pierced her flesh. Sickly looking, dark red blood seeped out of the open wound.

She felt a cold, spectral hand touch her shoulder. It was not the voice of wraith she heard, but her father's. "When I found you, I saw raw, untamed power and beyond that...impressive potential. I am so proud of what you have become...daughter."

Nima Tann

She felt the dark aura that was so suffocating before slowly diminish. Fortunately for the Twi'lek, there were no other tricks that'd slow her down. It had been a couple of minutes since Elpsis had been fighting the wraith alone. They didn't know what it was capable of and going through its mental attacks was proof enough that it wasn't the weak kind. Her steps were quick, lightsaber activated to counter if it decided to send more shadow creatures after her. However, considering its lack of attacks towards her thus far, hopefully Elpsis's fight was going better. In any case, she continued. It was just around the corner and then she could...

Shock hit her suddenly as she saw what happened. The wraith, ever so weakened, floating towards Elpsis, hand extended.Elpsis was on the ground, bleeding. In a sickly, demonic voice it whispered.

"Your host bleeds because I will it. You are powerless without her. I shall drain every bit of strength you've left and make sure you will never be reborn again."

Nima didn't understand what it said and didn't care. Shock left its place to anger. She wanted to destroy it for what it had done to her and Elpsis. Extending her hand, she focused on its mind, sending mental blasts after blasts like catapults leveling down a castle. The wraith screamed in pain yet she didn't stop. It would feel like someone stabbing its brain over and over with needles. The wraith lunged towards her, now enraged. Its movement was fast, yet it made its attacks not hit as accurately. One after another it swung its shadowy claws like a berserker. Nima tried to counter them yet her lightsaber wouldn't hit as there was no physical matter. Her skin burned with each contact as she tried to defend herself, created several burn wounds that looked sickly. She would play by the time and hit it with the Force as she found a chance, yet she had none. Elpsis was still bleeding and as time passed she sensed less and less of her presence. With her mind filled with worry and her movements shouted urgency, she made a mistake and let the wraith close in. It touched her forehead with its dead cold finger and immediately her gaze became empty as if she went in a trance. It was trying to get in her head once again, she felt nauseous as the thoughts flew by.

Yet she didn't let it in, not this time. Its attack wasn't as strong as before. Besides, it made a mistake and created a link between two. Nima was a mentalist too and using that link, enhanced by her anger towards the wraith, she broke through its defences and accessed its thoughts. Deep, deep within. One would call it revenge but for Nima it was all about efficiency. The thoughts that hurt the most were always deep within after all. The wraith resisted yet it was weak. It feared for its life, that was for sure. Another mistake. Fear was a mentalist's best friend as it was quite easy to manipulate. She used its fear, enhanced it, made it worse. It would hear voices from past life, distorted, demonic. Feel the pain it caused to others, doubled. Even in trance she could hear its screams. Yet it made it easier to open the doors to the imprisoned thoughts.

The ground beneath him opened and swallowed him after a last look to the woman in red right in front of him. He fell, fell and fell in the endless void, as he fell he could feel the death approaching. He didn't close his eyes and enjoyed the seconds of freedom before he hit the ground however, he was too proud for that. He tried to save himself, tried to fly but he had no wings. In the end, he crashed to the ground as fast as he tell, breaking most of his bones. Soil claimed his lungs. The proud man disappeared right at that moment, he was ready to let go. He closed his eyes and let the soil suffocate him. Yet he wasn't given the chance. A boulder fell right on him, breaking the rest. He... looked at the woman in red right in front of him, then he fell into the endless void. Crashed into the ground as fast as he fell, soil claimed him and the boulder fell on him. Again again and again. Until he broke.

She got out of the trance and heard a voice in her brain. It belonged to Elpsis. She told her to use her lightsaber and channel the Force through it. She called it with the Force and let Force flow through her arm, then swung it to finish the broken wraith off. After a shriek, it dissipated.

It was over.

And so was Nima's anger. She dropped the lightsaber and ran towards Elpsis. She crouched nearby her and held her hand towards the sickly looking wound. "Elpsis? Can you hear me? Stay with me, alright? Talk to me." The worry was clear in her tone as she channeled the Light Side and let the healing energy flow through her wound. She only knew the basics but hoped it would be enough till help came. "I'm here. Auntie is here." With her free hand, she activated her holocomm. "I need more healers to the old factory. As soon as possible! Elpsis is wounded. I repeat, Elpsis is wounded!" She closed the call and held her hand. "Help is on the way. Just stay with me."

[member="Nima Tann"]

With a loud, agonised shriek the wraith dissipated and its energy was released. This left Elpsis and Nima alone. The demon's cry of anguish was matched by one that emanated from Elpsis' throat when she drew upon her pyromancy to cauterise her wound. It was nasty and painful, but the best she could do at the moment. Once she had been able to draw upon the Light to heal, but not anymore.

Sweat caked her face and back. Her body trembled. Then Nima was at her side. The stomach wound did not look nice. Plenty of red ichor had spilled out of it. More coated Elpsis' hand, which had been pressed against the injury. Its dark reddish colour looked unhealthy and unnatural. Smoke wafted from where she had burnt her flesh. "Hey, auntie," Elpsis said tiredly. "I almost had him."

Nima Tann

"Hey." She said with a smile as Elpsis responded. Her niece was a strong one indeed, she stood conscious even after cauterizing her wound with fire. She didn't know if she would stay awake in such a situation. The one thing that concerned her the most was the color of the blood though, it was dark and looked infected. For now, she continued talking to keep her awake until the healers came. They'd know better than someone with only little experience in this area. "Yes, yes you did. You did a great job, Elpsis. I'm sorry I was late." She continued sending her healing energy meanwhile and tried to find the source of the sickness. Hopefully Elpsis was feeling a bit better now.

"Did you find out anything about the wraith?" She asked, then added. "It didn't look like an ordinary creature. Couldn't expect anything else from something that was summoned by words from an ancient book though." Besides, there was this thing about a lady in red when she was meddling with its brain.

[member="Nima Tann"]

Elpsis saw a row of blossoms. There were hybrid nature orchids, rainbow-coloured fungi and lofty yellow blossoms. The scent of flowers was strong in the air. All the plants had been grown in rows. It was an orderly garden. One defined by straight lines and precise planning. Everything was peaceful and tranquil. Everything was at its assigned place. Even the birds seemed to chirp in perfect sync.

"It has been some. Your garden has changed," the Red Lady spoke.
"For the better, I'm sure you'd agree. We can learn so many lessons from nature. It teaches us to promote the strong and vigorous. Look around you, not a weed in sight. Not a plant that does not flourish," the wraith held up his thumb and forefinger. "A weak bud soon feels the strength of my pinch. Speak your mind, friend."
"There is an elegance to it, I must admit. But you make them grow in rows."
"Each receives its proper allotment of space and sunlight, no more. From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs, you could say," the wraith chuckled.
"Mayhaps, but plants do not naturally grow in rows. Nature is wild and untamed. When caged, it becomes nothing more than a simulacrum. Pretty to look at, but just that, a pretty picture. The beauty of Creation is that it evolves in ways its maker could never have anticipated."
"In chaotic, destructive ways, you mean. If you could create the most perfect picture and you could freeze it in time and preserve it forever, would you not do so?"
"I believe we have moved beyond our tastes in gardening."
"Look at Creation in all its glory - and its horrors. It is tearing itself apart."
"It is evolving. Change is never easy."
"It has been despoiled. Look at these mortals, they are brazen and foolish. It needs a guiding hand before it destroys itself and the dark pit devours all."
"A guiding hand that will tear out the weeds and organise life in straight lines? Shape it in a manner its wielder considers perfect?"
"What is the alternative? To stay aloof, watch and hope life will find a way?"
"To accept that there is no perfect moment that can be frozen in time and preserved forever. We can insinuate, we can guide, we can intervene at pivotal moments...but we can delude ourselves into thinking that Creation will stand still for us. It is vanity to think that life must be a mirror to us."
"If vanity it is, then so be it. I tire of letting creation wallow in the dark. If it cannot enter the Light of its volition, it must be pulled into it."
"Then your choice is made."
"Stand with me. Together we can create a garden that will be the envy of the heavens. So long as the darkness reigns, Creation will not know an age of light."

To cauterise your wound with fire was painful, to say the least. The smell of barbecued flesh was in the air. Still, the girl fought to remain conscious. She could hear noise outside. Presumably the medics were approaching. "He...it...," Elpsis began. Did spirits have gender? Eh, whatever. "He was a being of light once. The Red Lady...she knew him."

Nima Tann

Elpsis was silent for a few seconds, then she responded. "A being of light, huh? I wonder what made him descend to... this?" Nima commented, but there was something else she was curious about. "Wait, Red Lady knew him? What do you mean? Who is she?"

But then she heard noises coming from outside.

"Mistress Tann? Lady Kerrigan-Alcori?" One of the healers called out. Her voice echoed in the room.

"We are inside. Just follow the corridors." Nima shouted back. "Help's here, Elpsis. You'll be okay." She said with a reassuring tone. She heard footsteps coming closer and closer. Then they appeared in the entrance, seeing the bloodied girl on the ground. One of them approached her while the others rushed to Elpsis.

"Mistress Tann, what happened here?" She asked.

"The wraith stabbed her. With something that reeked with the Dark Side, I'd assume, as the wound looked sickly and her blood was darker than normal." She summarized the situation. "I tried to heal her, but I only have little experience with this."

"That's okay. Leave it to us. Do you need any medical attention?"

"I just have a headache." Wonders of mentalism. That wasn't the only reason but she didn't share the details.

"Okay then. Sit and relax a bit. We'll take a look at her situation and then bring you back to the medbay." Just as she was about to leave, Nima stopped her.

"How are the teenagers?" She asked.

"They are fine. The girl recovered. She needs a good sleep though." The two exchanged nods and the healer left to check on Elpsis.

[member="Nima Tann"]

"She is...," Elpsis was about to launch into something like an explanation, but then there was noise outside. Chatter ensued between Nima and the medics. "Can we make them do community service?" Elpsis interrupted when the discussion drifted towards the wayward teenagers. "And, y'know, do chores for me. Do laundry, do my nails, give me backrubs."

"Let's focus on getting this mess cleaned up, shall we?" the medic cut her off, approaching Elpsis. She bent down, examined the wound, frowned. "By the maker, what did you do?"
"I was bleeding," Elpsis deadpanned. "I, uh, cauterised it with fire."
"Are you insane?"
"It worked," Elpsis' tone was defensive and a bit annoyed.
"And if you arm is bleeding out, do you burn it off?" the healer looked aghast. "Next time use a bandage and leave the rest of the healing to the professionals who will make sure your body stays in one piece before you mutilate yourself." That done, she set to work.

Nima Tann

As the healers came and started working on Elpsis, Nima sat down to take a break. This whole experience was, no matter how painful, enlightening also. She had much to think about, much to consider. She was scared of what she would find if she searched long enough, but fear didn't change the past.

"I mean, you are from the community too so technically we can arrange that." She said with a smile, then added, this time serious. "We'll need to find who's selling them the drugs also. Can't let something like this happen again." They were poisoning the children! And not only they hurt themselves they caused quite a headache in their lightheaded adventure. She wasn't sure if they were going to remember the next day.

When Elpsis and the healer got into an argument about Elpsis cauterizing her wound, Nima cut in to play the mediator and to protect her niece as she sounded annoyed. "We came here admittedly underprepared for we didn't expect things to turn out this way from a simple noise complaint. Considering the circumstances I think Elpsis did a good job to stabilize herself." She said, then added, turning to her. "Try not to do that too much though." She pointed to the burnt tissue around her wound.

[member="Nima Tann"]

"I know a couple girls who'll kiss it all better," Elpsis just had to respond with. The pain made her wince slightly. The medic was cleaning the wound, then proceeded to bandage it after giving her some painkillers. Nima's musings about the source of the drugs made the pyromancer frown.

"Wonder whether the dealer is someone I know. From the old days," she clarified. Just in case Nima got any ideas that were totally wrong. "Should question the kiddies about where the hell they got the book from. Chit like that shouldn't be in circulation for any moron to play with."

"I assume they're here with their families as tourists," the medic threw in. "If yes, their parents can look forward to some very unpleasant questions and there'll be hell to pay. Firemane has strong rules against civilians importing dangerous arcana or playing with it. The Truthseeekers will want to get involved. The moment the Boss hears about this..."
"Those guys? They give me the creeps," Elpsis said with a note of distaste in her voice.
"That's their job," the medic said matter-of-factly. "As is investigating when someone shows up with a mystical book that summons a wraith that stabs people with magical spears. No one wants another Serenade," she suppressed a shudder at that.
"You got a point," Elpsis conceded. "If the wraith had gotten out and reached one of the villages or some Sithy had gotten his hands on the book...," she trailed off.

Serenade had been the island settlement that had been taken over by a horde of zombies. Firemane had been forced to firebomb it in order to contain the outbreak. Strictly speaking, Firemane did not rule Arkas. However, it provided security, trained and equipped the militia, had treaties with the local communities and employed many of the natives. Thus it was a company world in all but name.

Nima Tann

When Elpsis talked about possibly knowing the dealer, Nima couldn't help but frown too. Even though with the clarification that she wasn't doing drugs currently, Nima was already in strict aunt mode. She also didn't know about her past that much, so admittedly it was easier to judge. "It would definitely help us imprison them quicker. Especially if we knew where to find them." She made the second sentence sound like a question, even if she didn't want to as it would imply that she didn't trust her. Hopefully Elpsis wouldn't take it the wrong way as Nima was just being overly protective.

In any case, then Elpsis proposed to interrogate the kids about the book. She remembered that the girl talked about stealing it from her father. One wondered how he acquired such a book of dark arcane nature yet they'd find out soon enough, as the healer cut in and said the Truthseekers were going to get involved. But before that, she talked about Serenade.

That was such a mess indeed. A city overrun by mindless corpses. There was no way to help the survivors, if there were any survivors at all. Ended up with Firemane bombing the place. Nima was there too, assisting a certain captain of the Eldorai. Speaking of her, she wondered where she ended up as when she last saw her she was getting dragged to somewhere by a not so welcoming committee. In any case, back to the Truthseekers.

"I worked with them before. They are... for the lack of a better word... an intense bunch." She didn't agree with some of their methods of extracting information and her experience of working with them was mostly uncomfortable, yet she couldn't deny that they got the job done. "They'll most likely not let us get involved with the interrogation. But I know someone who can convince them to tolerate us. I'll... contact her and see what she can do." Her name was Isem Xeedril, a Falleen officer from the Truthseekers. She got along better with her than most of the people she dealt with there. Yet, there was something off about her that made her not contact her much. She felt weird when she was around. Possibly because of the pheromones. She sent a message to her explaining the situation, being as formal and short as possible.

Meanwhile, it seemed that the healers were almost done with the first aid, as they started to prepare the equipment to get Elpsis to the medbay. "We can visit once your treatment is done." She said to Elpsis.

[member="Nima Tann"]

"It was a long time ago," Elpsis said a bit defensively. "And they weren't all bad. Just most of them." Anyhow, the conversation moved on from Elpsis' possible relations with drug dealers who may or may not have sold dangerous narcotics to impressionable, demon-summoning teenagers to Firemane's secret police.

"Can't you pull rank on them or something?" Elpsis asked rhetorically. Sadly, that was not an option. "I get that they're necessary, but some of those guys look like they'd be right at home in the ISB with grey uniforms and jackboots."

In the meantime, Nima would receive a response from the Truthseeker she had contacted. Fortunately for her, she had not sent the message to their boss. Ziva Khalan was superficially cordial, but chilly and intense.

Mistress Tann,
thank you for contacting me. Children these days. Too many parents who think throwing money at a child and parking it in front of the Holonet constitutes good parenting. Regardless, this is a serious security breach. The kids will be brought to the Firemane base. We will also summon their parents.

If the father of one of the kids was carrying dark magic books around, that's a major felony. How he got it past customs is another matter. Please find out his name. He will be taken into custody. At the very least, everyone can look forward to seeing a jail from the inside. We should meet in person. Then you can brief me more thoroughly on what happened.

Yours,

Isem Xeedril

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom