Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Build A Temple!

Alright guys, I think our first thread has reached a great point. People are introducing one another, speaking to each other, and thats great. I think its time we started moving forward and building the NJO's first major temple, our "Coruscant" Temple to be exact, the one we all call home at the end of the day.

Obviously, our place of home will be Sullust.

A few of us already had the idea of doing an underground Bio dome, but before i start the thread I wanted to get some input.

So what do you guys say? What kind of temple do you want? What kind of thread would you like its building to be? Do you have any pictures you'd like to use?

I love the biodome idea personally. Would there be a reason the biodomes couldn't be above ground or in the sky?

Something like these would be neat:

lPq30hv.jpg

8XlT8nM.jpg

[member="Aela Talith"]

Love this!

I'll toss in some pictures and elaborate on a few fun things.

I definitely would like to create a forge for alchemy, jal shey imbuement and such for those who are interested.

I'd also like to have a healing crystals of fire type healing room. Sullust is volcanic, the chances of finding crystals like so is pretty good if we all dev it like crazy!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Healing_Crystal_room

Why not both an underground and overground temple? We should anticipate being lashed out by Sith or other enemies, it would make perfect sense to expand vertically up as well as down, one being the "normal" and public one, which is situated above ground, and the other being a more safe one, below ground. Could double as a bomb shelter, only far more expansive than simply a set of tunnels for safety concerns.

[member="Aela Talith"]

Agreed fully with [member="Braith"]

An above ground could serve as more of the public facade portion as well as greenhouse and garden locations.

Below ground could serve for meditation and medical locations, or even for the actual housing. Underground moss gardens are also a cool thing.

I do love that first picture posted though. Yes.

Underground images:

3999694862_939cc04d1a.jpg

underground_city_by_nkabuto-d46lfu4.jpg

darkcity.jpg

Avalore Eden said:
Agreed fully with [member="Braith"]

An above ground could serve as more of the public facade portion as well as greenhouse and garden locations.

Below ground could serve for meditation and medical locations, or even for the actual housing. Underground moss gardens are also a cool thing.

I do love that first picture posted though. Yes.

Underground images:

3999694862_939cc04d1a.jpg

All of my yes and I love this pic!

Love the idea of both domes, however I see one little issue with the heat rising from Sullust's surface. We'd need a really good air conditioning system...because I don't want to feel like I'm stuck in a glass ball on Tatooine.

The underground temple can be our more active 'military' style setup, secret and safe just in case the Sith or other baddies come a'knocking.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] and I would be happy to help find a way to work with the heat.

We've been working on materials too.

Like this for the dome.

Solarium Glasteel
+ Blaster proof - Absorbital is a blaster proof substance that makes Solarium Glasteel blasterproof.
+ Clear solar sail technology - completely see through use of Aurodium allows the harvest and storing of solar energy, providing sustainable green energy. This also provides glare reduction.
+ Stronger than Glasteel and made phototropic to become more opaque near bright explosions, for example while traveling through hyperspace, and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom