Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Ban all Transcedental Annihilation Weapons

Should we ban Transcedental Annihilation Weapons?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Khonsu Amon said:
Not going to lie - I find it mighty disrespectful to have my submission aired out like dirty laundry.
Yeah well. Sorry, not sorry. Like I said in PM. A bro gotta do, what a bro gotta do. I saw your sub and I laughed. I thought it was a joke. Only then, I realized it wasn't a joke. People were taking this seriously. (Well, as seriously as one can take a gun that kills Midichlorains anyway.) ...And I said to myself. Oh nah. Nah. Is this for real? We building guns that kill magical space microbs now? Come on now. Come on.

And then Gir said nothing was wrong with the sub. (Which is true.) It was a perfect sub. Down right paragon, as far as I'm concerned. I've never built a sub that good. Ever. But yeah. I think the tech should be banned forever. And, I would have done this even had it been another sub. Even had it been Val's sub or Tef's sub or Gir's sub. Because I think the tech is dumb and should be banned.

Forever.

Forever.

Forever. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kahlil Zambrano said:
I can already see a story about someone shot by this then going on a quest to regain their connection to the Force through various nexus's in what could be a vain attempt.
That's...

Actually pretty cool.

I don't get the hub bub. It's a gun that shoots space bacteria, which may depower someone. May being the operable word, because whose to say you didn't jump outta the way at the last minute?

Mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

When I'm not complaining I get some good ideas now and then .p. I don't think this is the type of weapon that needs to be banned. Sure, it's silly. Some folks don't like the idea of little force cells making the Force work. So think of the gun like it's a void stone injector or something. Cuts off the force in what ever believable way there is for space magic. Still does the same thing, and makes for really cool story ideas.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kraken Society said:
As Tanomas Graf has mentioned, we have far greater weapons at out disposal than just this disruptor. We have nukes, we have mini death-star lasers, we have mass cloned armies of force users (probably), all things that can be perceived as more powerful than a simple gun that can disintegrate people.
Sure. But none of those weapons are ever mentioned anywhere in Star Wars to affect, ugh, (I can't believe I'm saying their name again,) ...Midichlorians.

Again. Get a Lightsaber to the face. Nothing happens to the Force. Get a Turbolaser to the groin. Nothing happens to your spirit. But. Suddenly? Take a *Whatever* Disruptor to the back of the head and now your Force Potential gets cut down and you can't Jedi-Disappear or Sith-Essence-Transfer or, whatever the heck they're doing with Palpatine in Episode 9 these days.

It's dumb Kraken. Let's kill it.

With fire. :D

Khonsu Amon said:
And yet, this poll could've been made without the connection to my submission.

I'm starting to think this is personal.
That's why I called it petty!

"a bro gotta do what a bro gotta do"

you don't gotta do this, and doing this ain't very bro-like

100% not a bro move, JSC, and since this tech has been around and been making the rounds for quite a long time without the staff finding an issue with it, I doubt this thread is going to make a difference. After all, if the factory staff was going to listen to what the community thought should and shouldn't be banned, either we'd have hypergates and Rakatan tech...

Or the factory wouldn't even exist.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

???

This is just a disruptor that both atomizes the target and the midichlorians present on them, it's only so heavily emphasized that midichlorians are atomized because it is depicted as an extremely blasphemous (yes, they depict jedi as religious people in canon) act to erase someone's presence from the force after death.

This doesn't "delete the force" in the manner you're assuming it to do, it adds flavor text to the end of an RP when someone decides to die and is both killed and removed entirely from existence.

A disruptor already atomizes anyone/anything it hits, a transcedental annihilation weapon just goes the extra mile and destroys their presence in the force after that.

What could possibly make this sound any more worthy of a ban than a normal disruptor?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Khonsu Amon said:
I'm starting to think this is personal.
It's not personal.

I linked your sub to show the rest of the people that this isn't some sort of "what if" scenario. These things are getting subbed. Here's proof. And look. Gir's totally okay with it because it isn't technically violating any rules.

Again. Not personal. You're sub is a perfect sub. Now, does it offend me to the point of "Lets ban all these things forever". Yes. Yes it does. But's nothing against you. It's just one guy's opinion. Kinda like, oh. That poll is turning out to be. Haha.

You're good dude. Love your sub. Thrive with it. Kill Kaine Zambrano with it. Haha. It's not personal and, never was. :D

Alright, that's enough nonsense, [member="Jay Scott Clark"]

The moment you see someone abusing one of these in an actual RP, you report it and we'll review said report.

Until then I see nothing in this which justifies this carry-on.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom