Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Ban all Transcedental Annihilation Weapons

Should we ban Transcedental Annihilation Weapons?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

To be honest, I always liked the idea of Midichlorians lol.

I'm not sure how else to explain the reason for one being Force Sensitive over another Non-Force User.

That said, this would be a weapon that removes Force Sensitivity?

Didn't @Ra Vizsla want to do something like this to the Mandalorian's once upon a time?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tsisaar Taral said:
I don't think I've ever seen a response quite this petty to being told that no rules were being broken when you tried to enforce your own idea of canonicity on someone else's sub.

Or,

Or,

Jay is raising awareness that there are now guns that kill Midichlorians being subbed to the Factory.

But yeah. I get cha'. :D :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Veiere Arenais said:
That said, this would be a weapon that removes Force Sensitivity?
Partially. Yes. As anytime you got hit with it, it would kill some of the magical creatures that gave you your Midi-Count. Thus, lowering your Anakin Skywalker Power Level by a "whatever" amount.

Jay Scott Clark said:
Or,

Or,

Jay is raising awareness that there are now guns that kill Midichlorians being subbed to the Factory.

But yeah. I get cha'. :D :p
Y'know what the most fun part about this is?

Since it's a canonical thing (given how Chaos uses both nucanon and legends), somebody wouldn't even need to make a sub for it if that was all there was to it!

"I have a Class-D Annihalation Disruptor" and linking the article would theoretically be good enough, and then somebody can still just not get hit anyways as much as they want.

Isn't life grand?

Tanomas Graf

T
Disruptors cause "the victim [to be] disintegrated on the molecular level atom by atom, resulting in a slow, painful, and excruciatingly grotesque death."

This is literally an underpowered disruptor that just chooses what to destroy.

Why is this concept so appalling when there are bullets with acid that melt beskar and only beskar, or bombs that kill all organic matter and leaves everything untouched. Staff has taken a look at this and doesn't find anything wrong with a unique weapon with these capabilities, that only one stirring up a fuss is you.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kahlil Zambrano said:
Given you can't affect PCs without permission, the most use these guns will see is as a plot device. I don't see a problem with them being used.

Yep. The Factory is optional. And you can totally get hit by one of these babies and take *whatever* damage. You can even get hit by one of these guns and suddenly suffer a heart attack because a Force Ghost back on Korriban said so. I know. I know.

All I'm saying. Is that guns that kill Midichlorians, like Celestial Tech and other such ridiculous fluff, have no place in the Factory. Zero place. Nadda. And that they like all ridiculous tech. Belong on the banned item list.

Forever.

Not going to lie - I find it mighty disrespectful to have my submission aired out like dirty laundry.

In addition, you might want to fact check yourself, mate. Disruptor's like mine have been passing through the Factory for over a year now.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

[member="Tanomas Graf"] brought up a good point about it. Celestial Tech, Rattakan tech, they're all super overpowered stuff that can give an unfair advantage to PCs (Such as, Star Forge and get an auto fleet. Giant teleportation rings. etc.) This? I can already see a story about someone shot by this then going on a quest to regain their connection to the Force through various nexus's in what could be a vain attempt.

Makes good story imo. I dig it.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
Why? This is a canonical piece of technology that nobody has had any issue with until now. If it was such a bit issue, than the factory admins would have banned it as a superweapon. As it stands, it has not been banned. Now while I personally disagree with some things in regards to technology being banned, I can understand why such things are banned and do my best to work beyond it and try to introduce something unorthodox instead that fits within current lore/canon.

This 'midichlorian killer' as I'll call it, cannot truly hurt anybody...because we all choose how much damage we take. We have people surviving being decapitated on site by lightsabers, all of this because we choose when our characters die and what damage they will take. So something like this midichlorian killer is just a fancy tool that has only recently come to light because of new submissions. This very thing. This can be a great plot device, take shooting a jedi on the level of a master and they lose their connection to the force temporarily because of this weapon...you have a greatly intriguing story that is very investing.

As [member="Tanomas Graf"] has mentioned, we have far greater weapons at out disposal than just this disruptor. We have nukes, we have mini death-star lasers, we have mass cloned armies of force users (probably), all things that can be perceived as more powerful than a simple gun that can disintegrate people.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tanomas Graf said:
that only one stirring up a fuss is you.
Right. So. Weapons to get in a fuss over. Sure.

Let's start with blasters. How do they work? We don't know. How much damage do they do? We don't know. What is their effective range and hyperbolic arc while in a vacuum? ...Umm. Right. Let's just skip that for now.

Okay. Lightsabers. How do they work? ...Nevermind. You get the point.

Guns that kill Midichlorains are dumb and should be on the banned items list. Because Midichlorains Graf. That's why! :D :p

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
Since there's no way to permanently effect a character in a negative way without consent from that character's writer, I don't see a point in banning them. Though, due to the technology I would like to see it put on some list that restricts its use or availability. It would be a bit immersion breaking to see this weapon being used on mass produced NPC units. Beyond that, I don't see it being an issue for a unique, semi-unique, or limited item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom