Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lessons Learned

Dagobah, a swamp world that was often forgotten in the grand scheme of things. A planet where once an incredibly powerful dark jedi had been killed giving birth to a powerful nexus that had served to shield one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history from the Sith. Sitting before the cave Argis sipped on the cup of tea he’d made from the native flora. The stench somewhat pungent. The sounds of the Dagobah’s fauna was music to the Dashades ears as his eyes stayed closed, his breathing calm and centered.

Darkside nexus’ were known to be uncomfortable to those of the light, but in truth what many never thought about was everything that surrounded the nexus. The nexus was just a cave, while the living force was within everything else that inhabited the planet. Argis wasn’t alone as he sat before this dark energy, he was with the living force. Argis was the plants that were slick with morning dew, he was the frogs that leapt from lily-pad to lily-pad in the nearby pond, he felt it all. The lightside of the force flowed into his being and out, unimpeded, he did not seek to control it nor did it him.

Before people would enter the cave system and would be confronted with both their worst fears and sometimes even visions of what could’ve been. It had been here that Argis had begun to develop his abilities in the force, on his own, away from civilization and among the dark so to better stand against it when the time came. Once a week he’d enter the cave, was tormented by its visions but now he stood a pillar of light unafraid and unwavering before its presence. The dark was not meant to be feared, it was meant to be fought by the light.

Taking another sip of the tea, the thick green liquid retreating down his throat Argis exhaled his eyes opening. His vision akin to that of spiderwebs as so many possibilities opened up before him, following one of the lines, the Dashade smiled. The day would be pretty interesting it seemed.

Curtis stood at the edge of a small clearing next to a battered Z-95 Headhunter that he'd borrowed from a used ship lot. It was a miracle he had made it to the planet in the vessel, it was ancient by today's standards after all. He scanned the swampland that surrounded him, listening to the creatures that crawled around the fauna. Dagobah was a repulsive planet, but one steeped in history and power. Legend said that long ago, a dark jedi was slain here, and a force nexus created, one that harboured the dark side. Such a place offered much power, and much danger. But Curtis was on his own, having not heard from his master.

Gripping his swordstaff tightly in his right hand, Curtis headed deeper into the wilderness in the direction he felt the most force energy. Though he was young, he had always had a strong connection to the force, and in his current hunt for places of power that aspect was proving quite useful. Passing trees and a dilapidated hut, he arrived at where he believed the energy had originated.

"Right, this is the place... what now?" He said to himself, fairly certain he was alone. His force sense was strong, but not acute however.

[member="Argis Volmir"]

Argis had felt the presence of Curtis from the moment he'd landed on the planet. His presence in the force not belonging to the planet like the fauna and flora. Argis did not complain, nor did he even seek to reach for his saber. The Dashade knew no true harm would come upon him this day. For if it did the Sith would be in for a particularly hellish fight against a Jedi that didn't restrain himself.

Continuing to sip at his tea, Argis waited for his company to arrive, sitting on the stump he watched as the Sith acolyte walked right by. The Sith was far shorter than Argis himself, this was the first thing he had taken note of the man even below the average height for a human. The weapon in his hands unique in a sense that it was a rather unorthodox weapon for a force user when many others preferred the use of lightsabers.

Taking an obnoxiously loud sip and finishing the glass of tea, Argis spoke. "What's next is you explain your purpose for being here." Motioning over to his side Argis reached out with the force his will seizing a boulder and bringing it to sit on his right-hand side. The chances of a Sith willingly taking a seat next to a Jedi, let alone a dashade Jedi were incredibly thin but Argis had been kind enough to at least make the gesture. "This is a place of deliberation and where one comes to face their greatest fears. What is it you fear?"

[member="Curtis Learchin"]

Curtis turned to face the speaker, and was taken back by the sheer size of his newfound companion in this place. He sensed power in the being, though not darkness like the rest of this planet, odd that he was here. The movement of the boulder made Curtis tense up for a moment, and his grip on his swordstaff tightened considerably.

"I was not expecting another to be here, so you'll excuse me if I don't sit immediately." He said, still on edge. He must've walked straight past the being on his way into the clearing, an embarrassing mistake. "I'm searching for something, perhaps you already know what it is." He didn't address the question of fear, because despite all his efforts, he couldn't think in that moment what truly frightened him. Much had happened to him, almost all of it dark and terrible, but he had come to terms with some of it.

"You ask many questions, are you some sort of guardian of this place?"

[member="Argis Volmir"]

Pouring more of the thick liquid into the piece of fine Atrisian pottery, Argis thought on the acolyte's questions. He could’ve answered straight away but interacting with a sith took a gentle hand especially when they’d possibly jump to violence. Noticing the tightening of the youths grip on the staff Argis simply raised a brow taking a long, obnoxiously loud sip once more. “I am no guardian of this planet, I am simply one who frequents it. This is one of the worlds I began my true journey for the light and in a way returning to it reminds me of my purpose and goal.”

“As for your other question … I know exactly what you’re looking for but if you came here in search of power you will fail. The only thing you will find is despair if you can not face your fears. The place you seek will devour the weak-willed and leave them broken, and vacant of all reasoning.” Raising his hand Argis released the force and behind Curtis a boulder rolled out the path to reveal the maw of the cave. From within it if one listened closely they could hear the whistling of wind from within and low reverberations.

“If you enter there all you’ll receive are visions. No power, no true enlightenment, simply visions. If that was your purpose for arriving here feel free to enter. If not why not join an old man for some tea? It isn’t often others visit this world when I am, so any chance for company I’ll take.” Placing down his cup Argis looked to Curtis. “Even those of the dark.”

Reluctantly, Curtis nodded, loosening his grip and walking over to the boulder that the man had placed for him to sit upon. From what he could tell, the creature was of the light, but it didn't seem to be as pure as some other Jedi. Maybe this place had a way of corrupting people, or maybe this one was a more practical Jedi.

"You seem to know an awful lot for a man sat in a swamp." He remarked, leaning his swordstaff against the rock he sat on. "Fear is a Sith's ally, my master has taught me that much." Curtis still hadn't heard from his master, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't worried. An acolyte without a master could be seen as a threat to other Sith, and that was not something he wanted. Maybe that was why he was looking for places like this, or maybe he couldn't control his fear of failure.

"Do you have a name?"

[member="Argis Volmir"]

Chuckling at the young acolytes comments Argis continued to sip at his drink. Not stretching out his physical hand, Argis summoned his will and the force aided him. Almost as if lifted by another the kettle of tea lifted and poured some into a second smaller cup for Argis’ visitor. “There are many things one can learn when they allow the force to work through them. When they allow the force to guide them in their actions and decisions.”

Perking up slightly and listening to the wind as it blew by, Argis found himself potentially excited to debate the difference between light and dark with another. The Jedi’s journey had led him to everything from Sith Lords, to nightsisters, and now a young acolyte. Of course, none of the others had changed or shifted their opinions on the force or their stance but all the Jedi could do was try.

“Fear my boy, fear is many things. It can be a motivator, it can make one fight harder than they never imagined. It can tear one down, bring them to the very edge of the abyss and break them. But power? I don’t think it offers as much as the Sith believe when there are so many more powerful emotions. Not Rage and Anger as I hear many espouse either.”

Offering his large hand to the youth Argis nodded his head. “Argis, and your own name? Or do you want me to refer to you as Sith?”

Curtis nodded and took the smaller cup, taking a sip from it and enjoying the warmth it brung to his body.

"My name is Curtis." He stated, before taking another sip. What the being said about fear made Curtis think, as despite all he had been through fear had been the sole constant. Rage and Anger had been there too, but Fear had kept him in line, kept him fighting, kept him afraid of disobeying his masters. It was somewhat ironic that fear had driven him to places like this, despite the fact that he was afraid of what his master would think.

"Anger, Fear, Rage. They are the pillars of the dark side. Without them I have no power, and power is what I need above all else at the moment. The Light restricts emotion, and makes many who wield it husks of their true potential." Being surround by Sith for a while had shaped Curtis' views, but he was still young, and still somewhat open to change.

"Where are you from? I have never met a species like yours."

[member="Argis Volmir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom