Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lenktivuzkres - Bow of Poison

Status
Not open for further replies.
pyotr-pravdyuk-screenshot018.jpg

L͕̤̙e̤̟̞ͅn͉͇̠̬̩k̘͍͖̙̼̙̲͕̭t̜̳̱̹̗̭̗ͅi̭̲̺̺̟̥v͎͕̩̘u̱͚̯̬̖̙̖͔ͅz͖̦k̠̹͇̠͖͓r̞̼͙e̗s̟̗̥

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Venthis Zambrano
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Venthis Zambrano
  • Modularity: Yes, the arrows and the bow string may be changed.
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Mythra, Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Composite Bow
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 0.7 Meters
  • Weight: 8kg
  • Ammunition Type: Arrows, tipped with Sith Poison
  • Ammunition Capacity: A quiver can usually hold 5 arrows, depending on the size.
  • Effective Range: The bow will be able to fire an arrow to the maximum range of 450m from the point of firing. However at this range, the accuracy and penetration of the arrow would be horrendous. Optimal range is 20-50m from the target.
  • Rate of Fire: Single action, requiring the user to draw another arrow from their quiver.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Sith Poison tipped arrows; created through Sith Alchemy this poison which multiplies the rage felt by the recipient. They would also find it difficult to resist the pull of the darkside. Most likely fatal to most, unless treated by strong Jedi powers. However still leaving effects afterward.
Strengths:
  • Long-range; The bow is able to fire long distances to hit an opponent.
  • Silent; The only sound released from the bow would be the sound of the string.
  • Poison; The bow's arrows are tipped with Sith poison.
Weaknesses:
  • Slow; The bow takes time to load the arrows in, and draw them from the quiver.
  • Limited arrow capacity; due to the length of the arrows, it is difficult to carry more than 5.
  • Breakable; The bow could easily be destroyed by a lightsaber. Easily snapped in half.
DESCRIPTION
Venthis created this, after going on countless operations and deciding that he was limited to his lightsaber, and would prefer a long range piece of equipment to deal with opponents silently from a distance. He set out to collect the materials before heading to The Forge on Eol Sha and instructing the Forgemaster to construct the bow for him, along with the arrows. Once collected, he would set out in
knowledge of Sith poison before creating it and tipping various arrows with it.

Netherworld

[member="Venthis Zambrano"]

I like the idea; however, I've got a couple of questions.

Venthis Zambrano said:
Effective Range: The bow will be equivalent to a blaster sniper rifle. Though the accuracy of the user would need to be extremely good to hit a target from that range.
  • How is this achieved? A 'typical' blaster sniper will have an effective range of about 2000 m, and no bow will come even close to that.
  • For reference. While modern compound bows can shoot up to 450~ m, penetration and accuracy at those ranges are dismal. As you can read in more detail at the link, most hunting is done at 20 - 50 meters range. At greater distances, arrows are simply too weak or inaccurate to be used reliably.

Venthis Zambrano said:
Breakable; The bow could easily be destroyed by a lightsaber.
  • You have phrik listed under materials. How is it that a lightsaber can damage it? Furthermore, how does it respond to other types of damage (kinetic, for example)?

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld said:
How is this achieved? A 'typical' blaster sniper will have an effective range of about 2000 m, and no bow will come even close to that.
Apologies on this, my bad. Changed it to your suggestion.

Netherworld said:
You have phrik listed under materials. How is it that a lightsaber can damage it? Furthermore, how does it respond to other types of damage (kinetic, for example)?
This is my fault, I initially set out to have the bow made from Phrik but felt it would be too unbalanced, so removed it. Just forgot to take it out of materials!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom