Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left of the Asteroid Belt

Satine sat cross-legged on the floor of the ship playing with Corvus and Kaylanna they were quick. Their reflexes sharper than she had been prepared for had caught her off guard and made her wonder at their potential.

“Nol’ika you have to see this” She knew Nolan was trying to keep them on course. They were crossing through mandalorian space when the alert for a meteor shower reached them. They were trying to pinpoint and evade.

Communications were sent out just in case they did not make their destination in time. They were headed for Mandalore a meeting of the new Alor Council. Nolan being head of Clan Detta was required to be there, she was going to learn.

The kids stopped and looked at her grinning big as if they had discovered something. “What?” Satine turned to see Nolan standing there watching.

[member="Nolan Detta"]

A happier husband there was not in this galaxy. A more proud father either. His children were strong, and his wife as beautiful as ever. Nolan had to turn his eyes away from his family when the Asteroid Alert lit up the console. It was coming in with a whole lot of littler meteorites in tow. Nolan called back for his family to strap in when a stray space rock too small to see slammed into the rear of the ship and sent them veering hard starboard.

"Hang on! I'm going to have to make a jump to get away from this." Just as he said that, another rock punched a whole in the aft, but the emergency controls shut out the section. As the hyperdrive warned up, one last rock slammed them into a spin the continued into hyperspace.

Nolan focused on his family as he wrapped them in the Force to ground them to their seats.

The ship began to burn, and from inside the tear in Real Space, the Detta ship fell towards a planet. Firing all emergency thrusters to stabilize, the ship gained its bearings long enough to plummet to the earth below, belly first. On impact, Nolan blacked out. Lucky he was wearing his armor or he'd be in far worse shape. But his bucket wasn't on and he slammed his head into the dash, knocking him out cold.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Satine pulled the children closer, they out of instinct held tightly to their mother. Closing her eyes tightly she said a prayer to the goddess for protection of her family. She knew Nolan was an expert pilot but how many hits could their ship take before the damage left them unable to move.

The sudden stop threw them all bubble and all around the ship until they finally stopped. Laying there on the floor or on the ceiling looking up. Satine moved first rolling over looking for Kaylanna and Corvus, she found them huddled together frightened.

"It's ok, let's find Buir ok" Satine moved stiffly, "Nolan" she called out, no answer.

She moved forward towards the cockpit, she found him in the chair flattened against the control panel. "Nolan" She put her fingers to his throat, she could still feel his heart beat. The children began to whimper, Satine looked over, "It's ok, Daddy is hurt." Satine knew not to move him yet,

"We need to box with the red markings, can you help me find it" The children greatful went to look. their little fingers and sharp eyes would find it in no time.

[member="Nolan Detta"]

[member="Satine D'ulin"] (Sorry, this got lost behind the invasions)

Swimming in the blackness that was his mind, Nolan could feel pain and sorrow, but it didn't come from him. He knew the cries he heard in the distance of his mind. He moved towards the cries and pain. He had to stop it, before it became too much for him to bare. That once great Darkness was biting at his heals as he ran for the sound.

*Gasp*...*Cough* *Cough*... Nolan lurched back into consciousness as he gasped for air that had been slammed out of him. He had a massive headache and his ribs were bruised and broken.

"Satine...Corvus...Kaylanna" his voice weak as his lungs continued to struggle to gain much needed oxygen. He rotated in his seat to face them, one arm holding his sides.

"My little Warriors, don't cry now. Daddy needs you to be strong. Can you do that?" Two tinny nods as the twins wiped away tears.

"Corvus, see if you can get an idea of what system we are in. Check the console. Kaylanna, would you hand me the Bacta? My love, help me stand would you?"

[member="Nolan Detta"]

“It’s good, we are ok banged up a bit but nothing more” Satine’s voice filled with concern over her husband, the children scared.

He was the first to begin giving them things to do, draw their minds away and give them purpose. Kaylanna nodded she had been looking for the box with the red markings on it she knew it meant medicine and first aide.

Corvus was looking at the maps knowing where they had been where they were supposed to go, but this place that they were on, it didn’t make sense to him. It seemed not to be found.

Satine was checking Nolan, he was hurt badly but not so much that she couldn’t wrap his ribs, “Nolan” she kept her voice low so that the children would not over hear.

“You’re badly injured and moving around is not a good idea right now.” Cupping his chin she turned to look into his eyes, they were large, “I think you are in shock, so sit still”
Corvus came back just as Kaylanna came with the box.

“Buir” Corvus tried to sound grown up, “this place isn’t on the map, I cant find it”

Kaylanna opened the box and handed her mother the bacta so she could apply it. Satine winked at them.

Placing an armored hand on Corvus' shoulder, reassuring the young warrior. "Alright then. You know what's next? Don't you? We need to activate the distress beacon as well as get a layout of the land."

Turning to Kaylanna as she returned with the med kit, he smiled through the pain and gave her the same stare he'd give his wife. The "I'm fine" look.

He kissed Satine's head and went to stand, metal groaned as his armor had been dented in places. His ribs felt like fire and his head swam for a moment until his feet were anchored under the Wreckingball's frame. The Bacta was cold in his veins, it sent a shiver down his spine that made him wiggle and set aflame the broken ribs. He grabbed his helmet and sealed it into place on his bruised head. The power systems were fine, a crack in the visor distorted his right peripheral. The HUD fired up and read his injuries off to him. Satine was right, shock was setting in and he was concussed. But a father must protect his family.

The voice of the confident warrior echoed from his helmet, "Alright little warriors, grab some gear for mommy and daddy, we need to know where we are. My love, help me to the doors. I'd like to start scanning."

He took a couple of heavy steps before he saw doubles. He focused on the Force to center himself and wash away the blur in his mind. He'd need some help still, but his head no longer swam.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[SIZE=12pt]Corvus nodded, and began looking for the button to activate the beacon that would alert anyone that they were here.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kaylanna gave an uneasy smile she was small but something told her that something was still wrong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Satine on the other hand began to help Nolan, his armor made him heavier letting him put his weight onto her took all the strength she had to not be crushed beneath him. Satine for once could not feel him tense only to pause, she could not tell when he lied escept for that little hint in his voice[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You’re a terrible liar” she whispered even as he kissed her forehead, “we’re a team” the whole family was part of the team, and while he may be in protector mode and rightfully so. He had to know she was there for him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The children were dragging what they could find throughout the ship for their parents. Satine smiled at the children, “good job, now what are you supposed to do”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kaylanna spoke up, “we guard the ship until you get back, let no one in, and shoot on site”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Satine nodded, “yes exactly”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She looked at Nolan, “that’s right isn’t it Buir”[/SIZE]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Nolan laughed, his little warriors had grown and he was proud of their tiny voices being so confident in their task. Good, yet that laugh definitely hurt.

"That's right little warriors. Aim small, miss small. If anything happens, it gets too hairy, pop a smoke grenade and hide in the hold."

As they pair walked away from their ship and their children, Nolan began using the Force to hold himself up. To not squish his beautiful bride.

"I know, I can't let them get discouraged. You are my rock, and they need us both to figure this out."

Nolan scanned the horizon, it was a mild forest. The scans indicated a Type I atmosphere. Breathable. There was sounds of avian activity and maybe other local fauna, and a river or stream was close by. If he could hear it, Satine would have no problem.

[SIZE=12pt]Truth it was.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As much as she relied upon him, he relied upon her and when it came to the children they were equally protective.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She nodded, “yes, so then we have what we need to survive, we just don’t know if we are facing anything that wouldn’t want us here.” Satine looked around she scanned the horizon with a naked eye, she wasn’t as reliable as Nolan’s armor but it gave her comfort to know that she couldn’t see anything.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She looked back towards the ship, “it’s going to take a bit to repair the ship, and we’ll need some kind of metal for the hull.” She bit her lip, course the beacon would bring help just when it would arrive the question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Ok birds mean food.” She looked to the forest, “Forest could mean two things, predators, and resources”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They walked slowly taking in the details, taking in what they could use.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Do you see any other signs of human or humanoid life?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Nolan Detta"][/SIZE]

Nolan peered into the distance and could make out some movement from what looked like a herd species, but he couldn't make out what they were. As well, there were a few avian creatures fluttering about.

"I can make out some fauna, herd type and a few birds, but nothing humanoid so far."

Nolan felt a little better as the Bacta kicked in and the adrenaline wore off. As they made their way towards the herd, Nolan placed markers on his HUD to signify their path for the return trip or if the children needed to follow, they could using a scanner. The herd looked docile as the pair approached because they all but ignored the newcomers.

"They seem like their use to people somehow. There must be a village or city nearby."

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

"A nearby city or village would be great maybe we can barter for supplies when the time comes" Satine tried to find the herd with her own vision she could not make it out from where she now stood.

The environment was a bit harsh but not anything that wasn't survivable. She had been on many worlds and seen many things this was not as bad as Hoth. She worried about the children she knew they had been taught since they were old enough to walk about protecting themselves, and hiding but to her they were small and needed their protection.

"How far should we go before we go back for the children?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom