Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left Hand Free

I wasn't certain who the best person/people were to tag for this, so I tagged the whole Sanctum. My apologies if that was incorrect. OOC thread is here if you need it as well.
voss02.png

V O S S
The Sanctum

It was an odd feeling to have absolutely no idea what he was doing.

For five decades, Sor-Jan Xantha had instructed younglings, graduated padawans to knighthood, led Jedi on perilous expeditions, and marshaled the armies of the Republic in times of war. And he'd grown complacent with how comfortable he'd become in his own skin. It hadn't always been this way. The first time he'd faced a youngling clan, as a new student or - later - a new teacher, had been a terrifying experience. The first clone trooper he'd gone into battle with. The first death on the widowing field. The first victory. The first defeat.

This was one of those uncomfortable firsts.

The first time he was trying to run a company.

The first time he was presenting an offer to another organization.

And the first time that organization wasn't a Jedi High Council.

There was a comfortably appointed sitting room outside of the office where he'd been beckoned to wait, but the small Anzat eschewed the luxury of one of those finely appointed chairs for the solace of pacing a path back-and-forth across the carpets.

He'd taken the helm of Corellia Digital, but not for any personal profit. He didn't even draw a salary. As president and CEO, he received a meager stipend which barely covered the docking fees and parts to keep his in some semblance of running order. No, when he'd arrived at this present time, he'd been shocked and awed by the state of his home system.

Corellia shattered. Her people on the Sith's doorstep. And the economy crushed by the loss of the Elder Brother.

He was trying to change that. To bring jobs back to Selonia. To Drall. Talus and Tralus. And, slowly, they'd had some success. The HoloStation 4 was having strong sales. Their wrist comlinks had piqued interest. Their removable storage was back on the market. It hadn't been easy, and he had special interest groups of every kind on his case. Maternal Units Demanding Decency were protesting violence in hologames. The Slice-activist group, UB40, was using a HoloNet virus to slave HoloStation units and turn them into bots, then turning around and slamming Corellia Digital for censorship whenever the company attempted to assert control or block certain users.

Right now, for all his work, Corellia Digital's labors were nothing more than trinkets on the shelf in a store on Drall or Selonia. But, if he could persuade the Sanctum... perhaps that could change.

...and there were only hundreds of jobs hanging on this. So no pressure.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Kei Amadis"]​
[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Jericho"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​

It was only a small office, Coci is never within the four walls long enough to warrant anything larger and she preferred it that way. Her main 'hide out' is well below the earth of the Dark Heart but nor is she to be found there much either, to those that know. But today she is catching up on some backed up paper work that would no longer deny it needed her attention. So when she was informed someone was waiting to see her, she grabbed the opportunity for the break. On learning that Knight Xantha needed to see her, that made the break even more enjoyable.

The door opens to find Sor-Jan pacing the floor which made her curious, "Greeting Sor-Jan, it is a fine morning, and I hope you are well?". Absolutely loathing meetings held in doors she would take him for a walk along the narrow bridge to the waters edge to discuss whatever he has come for.

"How can I help you today?", she moved to stand in front of the young man.
[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

A walking meeting was just what the wanderlusted Corellian needed.

Falling into stride behind the taller woman, the boy greeted the open air and sunlight with the best used starship salesman pitch he had. And he'd been practicing. In his head that was. It helped that she'd given him the perfect set-up for it with what she'd said.

And so, holding up one finger, the youngling knight boldly declared, "Oh, it's not what I can do for you, but what you can do for..."

The boy paused, his face ashen as he'd realized what he'd started to say. The outstretched finger drooped, curling back toward his palm. "That didn't come out right," the boy stated, correcting himself. Fidgeting slightly, for a moment he seemed to not know what to do with his hands, and so he did what he normally did. Clasped them behind his back so he wouldn't be gesturing all over the place like some rambunctious... well... youngling. "Let's start over."

Taking a breath, the small Anzat held it for a moment as he tried to focus and center himself once more. Releasing the held breath slowly, the boy looked back up at the woman.

"I noticed that the Jedi use a variety of different comlinks and computing equipment," the young Jedi noted simply. Feth the sales pitch. Just deal with the facts. "The Antarian Rangers use some of the same, but they and the FrontierCorps seem to be grabbing and using whatever's available."

Probably not surprising, given the merger. The Silver Jedi had used technology that they were comfortable with, and the Levantines had different technology that they had been comfortable with, and some facets of the differences between how the two groups had operated independently hadn't yet been addressed as a Coalition.

Dipping a hand into the pocket of the Sasori attire the child wore beneath his green cloak, the boy produced a handheld comlink that might well have been mistaken for a lady's shaving razor. "I'm as guilty as anyone. I've been using the same Hush-98 I've had since 23 GrS..." the Anzat supplied, before pausing with the awkward realization that the Galactic Standard Calendar he'd grown up with and the current Galactic Standard Calendar weren't the same. And people complained about Daylight Savings Time. Try getting used to a whole new set of years and months! "Uh, I think that's 32 BBY on your calendar."

Why were they talking about dates?

They weren't. Get to the point, SJ.

"The point is, the lack of a standard makes data encryption difficult because you have to allow for a variety of different sending and receiving units on the network," the young knight noted. "And that means that our communications are vulnerable."

First rule of addressing the Jedi Council: Don't bring a problem to the Jedi Masters unless you had a solution to propose as well. It was true in the Jedi Order, he hoped it was true in economics and politics as well.

Feth, when had he gotten into economics and politics? He was a history teacher for kark's sake...

"I've been working with the Corellia Digital company to try and help them recover from the economic crash that resulted from the loss of the Elder Brother," the boy remarked, arriving now back to the sales pitch. "We've developed some substantial communications technology, which I believe the Coalition could benefit from."

And Corellia could benefit from. A contract with the Coalition would mean a steady income of credits to the company. More economic stability, job creation, and possibly even opening a new manufacturing facility on Talus or Tralus to help with the added production. It would put Corellians -- and by Corellians he meant the whole Corellian System -- to work in jobs that would make people come back to homes in the Corellian System.

They'd lost their Elder Brother. But SJ was out to prove that the Younger Brothers still had life worth living on them.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]​

Walking along the main bridge until reaching the end that would allow them access to the shore line, Coci stopped and stopped Sor-Jan as well. Such a wealth of experience in such a youngling, but strange is the this one, he is Anzati and had been within the galaxy longer than she. She raised her hand to stop him talking further, clearly or maybe a little nervous and certainly concerned not only for this company but for the lacking of the SSC.

Coci smiled, "Sor-Jan you may rest easy .. you have convinced me we need an upgrade". She turned to look across the waters, "Come on lets get our feet wet", she said kicking off her boots. Walking to the waters edge, Coci paddled lifting the ends of her robes up out of the water. It felt good on the skin, soothing the feet and cooling the blood.

"What do you propose to put in place to replace the current systems. Consider that each group or division does require separate systems for security reasons, however, it would be good to have in place a system in which for emergencies we can use to communication across the divisions and Jedi. War is ever going to go away and could at any moment, visit our door step".

If were to guess, the boy would have opined that the Jedi Master liked long walks on the beach...

"A standard encryption protocol would be a start," the boy remarked, following the woman out by the water -- though he stayed on the beach. Not that it wasn't appealing, just not as he was now. Or, rather, not in how he needed to appear right now. This was Jedi Knight Sor-Jan Xantha, who was calm, composed, and stayed on the beach with the hem of his green robe in hand so that it wouldn't get dirty.

Later, when their negotiations were over, he might return here with the young clone, 3X744, and that would be Sor-Jan the Youngling, who was an entirely different person or personality.

"Right now that's not possible, because the use of different technologies and systems are not always compatible," the boy noted, doing his best to keep from becoming distracted by the appearance of a dorsal fin between the shoreline and the horizon. What kind of aquatic life was on Voss? He'd never looked it up... "So our handling and transmission protocols are reduced to the lowest common denominator."

As he said the last, the boy brought one hand out of the folds of his robe. Three devices floated from out of his hand, lingering in the air near the woman in case she would like to pick one up and examine it. The small datapad that was the HoloBoy, the minimalist Go! Mobile Wristlink, and the miniature screen with a strap they'd called the HoloLink.

"CorDigi comlinks are compatible across a spectrum of models, allowing us to use a more robust encryption to safeguard the transmissions," the boy said, allowing her time in which to look at the various models he was displaying. "They can also handle a variety of channels within the same frequency band, so the Jedi... the Rangers... they can be operating independently, isolated from one another. But with opportunity for broadcast transmissions that could cut across the range of Coalition channels when the need arises."

That seemed to, at least, address the questions she'd asked so far.

"These are commercial models of course," the child noted, as he waited for what other questions might drive their conversation. "We could design something unique to the Coalition, that would best address your needs as an organization."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]​

"You have put much thought into this Sor-Jan so thank you". She said coming out of the water to view the comlinks. "And you have sold me, we in need of an upgrade not only of the product but of security of communications. I do like the design, compact and neat, and if your communications deliver a more robust and reaching system then please commence the change over".

She took one of the wrist bands and tried it on, "I do like it, it is light. Already the Jedi need to wear so much in order to protect their bodies especially in combat, so offering something of lesser weight is appealing to me". she smiled. "Can I keep this one?", she added with a smile.

"As soon as you have establish what is require across our communication system, send the proposal to myself and Grand Master [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], for final approval, after which your company will be paid for the upgrading".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom