Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lecture crasher.

Malcom Stillwater

"Don't worry I got this....maybe"
4e233e2d8af1d61fd7b7e4fdecfb131070c489ac_hq.jpg

A chilled wind flowed through the city of Hanna. Announcing the arrival of autumn. Downtown was amidst the common hustle and bustle of everyday life. At a local caf stand right outside the University of Chandrila, Malcom Stillwater slid a few paper credits to the barista and grabbed two cups. A cup of caf, and a cup of sapir tea. "Thanks very much." Said Malcom as he collected his beverages and walked away from the stand.

Mal wore dark trousers, a white shirt and his signature leather jacket to keep the chill in the air at bay.
Students rushed by, to and from their perspective classes. Mal moved through the sea of students on the way to one class that was already in session. Ancient Civilizations was taught by one Dr. [member="Daska Tess"].
A brilliant mind and not hard on the eyes. Mal himself was not a student, well not anymore. He had graduated long ago.

He took a sip of his caf as he walked up to Dr. Tess' class. He entered the classroom via the back entrance, as to not to disturb Dr. Tess. The classroom itself had stadium seating typical of university classrooms. Meaning the seats descended down to the bottom where Dr.Tess stood behind her podium as she periodically gestured to the holo-images behind her.
Standing in the back of the room, Mal took another sip of his caf as he watched her speak. He had heard this lecture many times, but he never grew tired of her lectures. Well, when they weren't directed at him.
He knew she was nearing the end of the lesson, and he hoped that the cup of tea had brought her would appease her for his "crashing her lecture" as she liked to call it. Funnily enough, she never really told him to stop crashing though...

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
fiedler-seating.jpg
- Auditorium in Mon Mothma Hall Annex -

"Despite the claims of many on Coruscant, history didn't begin with the Republic. Though it lasted twenty-five thousand years, the Republic is but the most recent of an unknown number of star-spanning kingdoms that have laid claim to vast sweeps of the galaxy's spiral. In the absent of historic records, these vanished civilizations are best understood by the artifact they left behind. No objects are more spectacular than those created by the Celestials..."

Daska's hazel brown eyes caught the silhouette of a very familiar looking man stepping inside the door at the upper right of the auditorium. It was enough of a distraction to make the history professor pause a moment as [member="Malcom Stillwater"] always riled her up one way or the other. This time the Chandrilan was still mad at him for stiffing her on a find he and his sometime partner Charlie went for after leaving Daska purposefully behind for some 'it was for your own good' reason. The dark-haired treasure hunter infuriated her to no end, and it bothered her just how easily the Corellian could do that too.

She checked her wrist chrono nonchalantly during that moment and was thankful the class time was close enough to call it a day.

"All right with that said, it seems we are out of time today. Just a quick reminder your essays are due upon returning from the holiday break. Enjoy your time off or better yet, finalize those papers! I look forward to reading them," she nodded to the students, then gathered her datapad from the podium and slipped it into a leather brief case.

A breath was taken to calm herself, then Daska walked up the stairs after the students cleared the room to where Malcom was waiting at the top with two hot drink cups in his possession. She was dressed professionally in a casual grey suit with a white blouse, and her shoulder length hair down. Definitely the woman had her teaching persona on.

"Hello Mal. My mother warned me about men like you who come bearing gifts... And she was right, but I'll gladly take it any way," Daska quipped lightly, then unloaded the offered cup from the man's hand and took a much needed sip.

"Mmm... You must really want my help. You got me my favorite spicy tea instead of your bitter caf. So what's got your fancy this time, hmm?" she asked as they moved out into the hallway, and into the direction of her faculty office.

Malcom Stillwater

Mal felt the intensity of her gaze and felt his shoulders shrink a little. He knew why she was a little miffed at him. Well, maybe more than a little. He offered her the customary Corellian grin as she made her way up the stairs to him. He saw through her pleasantries at the implied meaning in her statement and follow up question.
As she sipped the tea he brought as a peace offering, he attempted to lighten the mood. "Can't a guy drop in and catch the end of his favorite lecture? I have some continuing education credits that I need..."
The look on her face was proof that she wasn't buying it and wouldn't play along. He was hoping to butter her up, but he figured it was safer to cut to the chase.
He knew what he had done to earn her ire. He and Charlie, his occasional business partner had left her behind on the lost hunt that they had gone on. It wasn't greed that had cause Mal to make that call. Charlie had just admitted to Mal that there were some serious players going after the same artifact that they were. And they were dangerous, very dangerous. Mal himself wanted to bail on the job, but he knew Charlie wouldn't, and he would get himself killed if Mal didn't back him up. The old geezer was stubborn that way.
But that wasn't a risk he was willing to take with Daska. Sure she could handle herself, but Mal had a bad feeling about the hunt. And his fears were well placed as evidenced by the recent blaster burn on his abdomen. They survived, but barely. They even made it out with the artifact. They had delivered it to a reputable institute and had been paid pretty well.

Mal, shrugged sheepishly "Your Mom was a wise woman, but that isn't the only gift I brought."
He reached into his inner jacket pocket and retrieved a slightly bulging envelope. his hand grazed his recent wound and he did his best to stifle a grimace. Once retrieved, he held the envelope out to her.
Inside was a sizeable sum of credits. Mal preferred hard currency over digital transfers. The amount was the cut he had promised her, plus most of his. Though his intentions were noble, he still felt bad for leaving her behind.
"This is yours. It should settle things. And, it comes with a promise that we don't have to ever work with Charlie again" He said with a sincere, and with a hint of pleading smile.

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"Mhm... She was," Daska nodded with a wistful look as they came to her office door. The death of her mother still was painful to think about and she missed the woman dearly. The relationship with her father was tepid at best as he didn't like the people she tended to associated with. Well, one in particular actually who was tall, dark, and charismatic scoundrel standing next to the history professor presently.

So [member="Malcom Stillwater"] had something for her... This couldn't be good though again maybe the man would surprise the Chandrilan. When the ruggedly handsome Corellian took out a "stuffed" envelope from the inner pocket of his jacket, Daska's hazel browns nearly popped out of their sockets as he gave it to her.

"Oh my gods... That's a lot of creds!" the sandy blonde said in an excited yet hushed voice, looking over his broad shoulders to see if any one overheard in the hallway, then she quickly put her security code in and opened the door, pulling Malcom inside the office with her rather assertively.

The leather briefcase that had been in hand was immediately set down to the side of the cluttered desk, then Daska pointed to a nerf-covered arm chair in the corner of the small room for him to sit while she slid open the bottom drawer and pulled out a bottle of Corellian brandy and two glasses.

"You know, Mal, I can't accept that, but I will drink to your blood, sweat and tears that it took to get that reward," the archeologist herself nodded having noted earlier Malcom guarding his mid-section, then she poured a hearty shot of the deep golden brown liquid for each.

"So spill, cowboy... And don't leave out any details either," she smirked, handing the Corellian his glass and the envelope back reluctantly yet on principle, then the blonde rolled over the desk chair and sat down.

Malcom Stillwater

Mal chuckled to himself as Daska pulled him into her office. He allowed himself to enjoy the shocked look on her face when she saw the credits.
Her office hadn't changed since he last visited her, and he was excited when she motioned for him to sit in the corner. He loved that chair, it was very comfortable.

He sat down slowly hiding a grimace as he sat. Daska had retrieved her prized bottle of Corellian Brandy, and was telling him that she couldn't accept the credits.
"Well, that's too bad, cause they're yours. You earned them." He said with finality.

He knew what he was getting into when he came to visit her, the interrogation had begun.
"What happened? Charlie happened!" He said with a hint of anger edging into his voice. Taking a sip from the glass Daska handed him. "He got drunk and blabbed to some unsavory types about our expedition. And they decided to crash the party. Not big on teamwork those guys." He continued with his sarcastic humor returning to his tone. He leaned forward in the chair and looked Daska in the eye. "The credits are yours, so there's no point in arguing with me. But, that's not why I came. I wanted to say I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was leave you behind, but the thought of something happening to you..." A rare solemnness had crept into his voice. "I couldn't live with myself. I would rather have you alive to hate me, than the alternative." He couldn't bring himself to say dead, he was being sappy enough. In an attempt to regain his suave nature he shrugged and offered her a grin as he laid back in the chair. "As for the details, good guys won and the bad guys... Well, I don't think I'll be getting any holiday cards from them. But enough about them. Here's to us and another successful find!" He said and clinked his glass to hers before downing the remaining contents of the glass.

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
So [member="Malcom Stillwater"] was going to play that game, huh?! Well her research project 'slush fund' could use an infusion. The cost of going on digs and expeditions could run as high as six figures and the funding the university gave her to aid in those endeavors was piss poor. In fact on her last outing with grad students assisting, Daska had to use her own money to cover the final costs... but the adventure and artifacts acquired for the museum, which was associated with UC, was so worth it.

While listening to the charismatic treasure hunter tell his tales with his sometimes partner in crime, Charleston Avery or "Charlie" as he was known, the Ph.D sipped on the brandy and let the familiar burn of the rich tasting spirit help relax her tense shoulder and neck muscles from hours spent going through boxes of bones and putting them back together with their owners; prehistoric dinosaurs of a new variety, and a much relished find!

A small smile came to her pale pink lips as the Corellian let slip his endearments towards her. It was touching, but Daska already knew how the man felt, just didn't know if she should take it at face value. Some times words weren't enough when matters of the heart were at the forefront. She was very scared of being hurt by the scoundrel. Maybe Daska had listened to her father's tribbles a bit too much regarding him. If only her mother was still alive... she'd know how to help guide her daughter through the balancing act of being friend-colleagues, and perhaps something more lasting.

Daska shook those musings from her mind, then clinked her glass with his and downing the last of the brandy in it. "I like the way you think," the blonde winked, then continued.

"And I accept your humble apology Mal for ditching me however chivalrous it was in your mind at the time. Also you may pay me back further earning future brownie points... because we know you'll need them if history repeats itself, by attending a gala tonight at the Institute. I need a plus one and you're definitely it, cowboy!" she grinned, then added with a soft chuckle.

"Just so happens I still have your tux from the last formal appearance we did together in my closet at home so no excuses, mister. And knowing you as I do, I'm sure you can charm your way into getting a patron or two of the arts to finance your next adventure..."

Malcom Stillwater

Malcom paused for a moment to let everything sink in. A gala? I'd rather revisit that firefight from a couple days ago. Oh well, at least I look good in a tux.

He smiled at Daska "I love Galas! So many hors d'oeuvres!"

Hours later...

Mal stood in front of the mirror in the refresher of Daska's residence. His shirt was off and half of his face was lathered with a shave salve. He leaned closer and turned the lathered side of his face towards the mirror and carefully pulled the razor in his hand down his cheek. The razor was fresh, so there was hardly any pull. A few more passes and was clean shaven. Though, 5 o'clock shadow would be invading his face rapidly.

Hanging on a hook behind him was the tux Daska had mentioned. He paused as he looked at. He knew it would fit, he just wasn't looking forward to feeling restrained. Oh well. The price we pay right? A few minutes later and he was dressed and ready. Staring back at himself in the mirror, he paused to admire himself. Nodding, he quickly slapped his cheeks with some after shave and left the refresher to see if he passed Daska's scrutiny.
Once he found her, he held out his arms and did a slow turn. "Well, how do I look?"
maxresdefault.jpg

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
After arriving at the beach house she kept as a place to hideaway from the rest of the world, Daska gave [member="Malcom Stillwater"] a tour. There was the main residence, then a subsequent smaller one next door that the Ph.D used for work purposes. One could definitely get the feeling that someone who traveled a lot to exotic places lived there with how the decor was laid out.

Between the two buildings was a small cabana and a fire pit to watch the beautiful Chandrilan sunsets from. A short ways down the beach from there was a wooden dock that jetted out from the shoreline with a sailboat tied up at the end with its sail secured down. It really was a little bit of paradise, and it was all hers. She had bought the place after her last "successful" adventure with the treasure hunter so this was his first time being there. Daska hoped Mal liked it as much as her.

The promised tuxedo was located in the guest bedroom's closet, then the man was left on his own to get ready for the gala while the blonde did the same in the master bedroom. They would take turns in the fresher, she going first. Daska wasn't a girly girly at heart, choosing to wear simple, comfortable clothing with little to no make up, but she had attended enough of her mother's diplomatic events and her father's fundraisers for the museum over the years to know how to wow a crowd if need be.

At the call of the rugged Corellian's voice, the honey blonde turned around from where she was standing in front of her dresser while attaching the back to a diamond earring. Daska tried not to stare at the tall, dark, and very handsome man, but it was hard not to. She bit the inside of her lip to keep a pleased grin from forming.

"Wow... You still clean up well. I'd forgotten what a little soap and water can do for you," she quipped lightly, then walked over to him with a slight sway to her slender hips as the heeled pumps just had that effect. Her strapless black dress hit her tone legs about mid thigh, and an up do topped her golden head as a bit of make up made her hazel eyes pop. This was a look one definitely didn't see the professor in on a daily basis.

"Would you mind helping me with the clasp. I can't seem to hook it properly and I don't want to lose it as this was my mother's," Daska smiled softly as she handed Malcom the diamond studded necklace before turning around with her bare upper back to him.

She had picked up on his spicy aftershave, which smelled rather nice. The perfume that was dabbed upon her wrists and neck at the pulse points was of a light floral scent. Seemed both were pulling out all the stops for this gala appearance. Go figure... She had planned just to dine and dash. To be honest though, Daska was much more comfortable in her natural state of being than this glamorous affair, and would be thankful when it was over and she could get back to work on plans for her next research project, which Mal might that seen on the tour if he looked closely on the desk.

"So what do you think so far... ? If you stick around long enough, I might teach you how to sail, but then again... If your piloting skills are any indication, maybe I shouldn't, hmm. Did you ever replace your old ship or is Charlie still flying you around?"

di08trs.jpg

Malcom Stillwater

When Malcom finished his spin and his eyes fell on Daska, he was locked in place, he even felt his jaw drop slightly. She was saying something, but he couldn't register what she said. She was beautiful, statuesque...Perfect. He shook his head to clear himself of the enchantment as Daska held out a diamond necklace. All he could do was need when she asked for him to help her with the clasp. He took the necklace and held it by both ends, then held it high as she turned around for him. He lowered the necklace and eased it around her neck, a hint of floral perfume hitting his nostrils as he gently clasped it at the back of her neck.

It was very rare that Mal was ever at a loss for words. Funny enough, it was usually by some witchcraft concocted by the woman before him. Her quip at his piloting skill brought him back to reality.
"Your place is gorgeous, though it dims in comparison to you." He said with a wink. "Now regarding my piloting, I drive just fine....It just gets more complicated when I'm being shot at!. However, funny you should ask. I found a ship I like, wanted to get a second opinion...So Dr. Tess, what are your plans now that the University is on holiday break?"

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"Well you don't look too bad yourself, cowboy," Daska smiled looking back over her bare shoulder with a mischievous glint dancing in her eyes, then she moved to the edge of the bed where a clutch purse and shawl were laid out.

The honey blonde didn't respond to the man's excuse because life was always complicated around [member="Malcom Stillwater"]... I mean, when wasn't he getting shot at?! The Corellian was a trouble magnet... or was it more so trouble attracted him? But what did that say about her then? Why did everything have to be so complicated.

The petite Chandrilan grabbed her things, then lead them out of the master bedroom down the hallway to the back door that opened to the covered speederport; securing the residence with a key card, then a security code after exiting. The drive back into the city to where the gala was taking place at the Hanna Civic Center would take about twenty minutes.

Malcom's question about the professor's plans for the holiday break made her insides squirm just a bit, but she didn't let onto it. There was something between them, but time and circumstances always got in the way of finding out just what it was.

"Oh you do, do you.... Dr. Stillwater. So what has caught your eye, hmm?" Daska smirked, then slid into the driver's seat of a red, two-seater land speeder.

"Well I was just planning to continue working on the preliminary research of my next archeology project for the UC, but I suppose I could do that from anywhere as long as I have holonet access," she winked, then sped off down the path as soon as the charismatic treasure hunter was settled in the passenger seat... Well nearly seated anyways.

Malcom Stillwater

Her calling him Doctor sent shivers down his spine, but not in the good way. Sure, he had by some miracle earned the title, but it sounded so stuffy when it was attached to his name. He took his seat on the passenger side and his back slammed into the seat as Daska gunned it. He chuckled aloud. This was a common game of hers. As they made their way away from Daska's new home, Mal took in the surroundings.
It was nice, cozy, it pulled at something deep inside Mal. A subtle longing to feel like he belonged somewhere. As long as he could remember he was always on the run. It's what he was used to, but sometimes, he thought about setting down roots. Someday...

He came back to reality as he realized that he hadn't answered her question yet. "I found a HWK-290. She's old, but still has a lot of life left. She's docked on Ord Mantell, an ol' spacer owns her, but he's done flying so he wants her to go to someone who can let her spread her wings."

​Trees sped by as Daska navigated them away from the beach house and towards the gala. It was a nice change of pace to drive casually without blaster fire screaming past. He looked over at her "So, is that a yes then?"

​[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Daska spared a glance from driving to take in [member="Malcom Stillwater"] as he rode shotgun. When the Chandrilan called him by his professional title as he'd just done regarding her, Daska saw the way his jaw muscles tightened on his freshly shaven face. The man hadn't liked being called that, probably stemming from his ongoing love-hate relationship with the credentialing board for how he in their minds 'winged' his doctorate in Archeology. If anyone was more deserving of the title, it was him. He'd done more for the field of study than any one of those stuffed shirts... Well in his bold and brash way.

She supposed it's what drew her to the Corellian. It didn't hurt that Malcom was ruggedly handsome too, and always had a witty comeback... Kept things fun for the most part, though sometimes the man could just be down right infuriating as well making things complicated when they didn't need to be.

"Oh I've heard of a HWK-290 before... It's a light freighter, right? Big enough to haul small cargo yet small enough not to attack too much bad attention. Though I think that is a foregone conclusion that no matter what you fly, trouble will always be close at hand," the blonde chuckled softly.

The newly built Civic Center was a huge and spectacular building in the heart of downtown Hanna City. Luckily it had valet parking as Daska pulled the speeder right up to the red carpet area under a covered entrance. A young attendant came quickly around the front end and opened the door for the Ph.D. She gracefully exited the driver's side and flashed him a small smile, then made her way around the back of the speeder to meet up with her date curb side, slipping her hand inside the crook of his arm.

"I tell you what... You behave tonight and I'll definitely think about it," she winked, then pulled him with her inside to the gala, taking a moment to smile and pose for the event's photographer on the way in.

c42-Building%20Museum_2013_0031%20sm.jpg

Malcom Stillwater

Mal gave her a feigned look of being offended. "What can I say, it's a blessing and a curse being a magnet."
A bit of tension eased from his back. The prospect of Daska being open to further adventures with him was a relief.

They had really pulled out all of the stops for the gala. The directions were incredible and all the attendees were dressed to the nines. After Daska pulled up for the valet, Mal exited the passenger side and walked around to join Daska as they made their way down the red carpet. Mal heard the hidden ultimatum as Daska asked/demanded that he behave. "You want classy? Oh you'll get classy." He stepped closer to her and place his hand on the small of her back as he posed with her for the bombardment of photos. Though he was more in his element trailblazing through jungles and delving into ruins, he could still turn on the charm and rub elbows with the elite, and that was exactly what he was going to do.

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
After entering the gala, hazel orbs perused the crowd gathered. There was a sea of high society types and galactic patrons of the arts. Daska spotted Randolph Tess, who was in his element. The honey blonde couldn't help notice the debonaire looking man standing beside him, and a chill ran down her spine. I should have guessed he'd be here...

"Um... let's get a drink first, shall we?" Daska statedto the Corellian. "I'm sure you could use some liquid encouragement hmm... I know I do," she quipped with a nervous chuckle, then steered them in the direction of the nearest bar.

Pale pink, glossed lips took a decent sip of the sparkling white wine, the bubbles tickling the professor's nose, as she tried to calm her nerves. Daska was really thinking about leaving, but it was too late.

"Daska... It is so good to see you again. You are looking lovely this evening as always," the debonaire man offered with a clipped High Basic accent, taking her hand and placing a tender kiss upon the back of the soft flesh and allowing his grey gaze to linger upon the blonde beauty a moment before turning it upon the treasure hunter. He gave him an amused look guys gave to another when a woman was involved. "And whom is your companion this evening. Your father mentioned you would be attending alone."

tumblr_o7czvo1b8F1uid6w4o1_250.gif

Did he just undress me with his slimy eyes?! Ugh...

"Thank you, and you as well, Adler," Daska answered back politely with the small smile, then turned to the ruggedly handsome Corellian looking so good in that black tux of his as opposed to the stuffy white one the other man had on.

"Yes, well it was a last minute invitation on my part. I'd like to introduce to you [member="Malcom Stillwater"], a fellow archeologist, and good friend of mine," she offered with a much warmer smile directed at Mal, then motioned back to the man before them.

"And this is Adler Strafford of Strafford Enterprises on Ralltiir. He is an entrepreneur, and avid supporter of the Institute and the university for which we are most grateful for," the Chandrilan said with an appreciative nod, then that's when Daska eyed her father slowly approaching the small group from across the room. Another sip from the crystal flute was taken to steel herself hoping for a diversion to happen. Her father and Malcom were a bad mix.

Malcom Stillwater

Malcom flipped on the socialite with ease. He made his way through the crowd with Daska, shaking hands, kissing cheeks and rubbing elbows with the Galactic elite. He sensed the tension in Daska and looking across the room, he saw the culprit. Or more accurately, her father. and wait, who's that guy next to him?
Mal, now much more understanding why Daska suggested that Mal needed liquid encouragement. He grabbed a glass and unceremoniously downed it's contents. He placed the empty glass back on the table just as tall dark and sleazy approached Daska. Mal was quite as the two conversed, he did catch the look that Adler, sent his way, but Mal didn't take the bait. He promised Daska he would behave, and damnit, he was gonna try.

Though the lingering look Adler placed on Daska, made Mal's blood boil. He was all smiles when Daska introduced them. He took the man's hand and firmly shook it. "Adder, nice you meet ya!" Mal intentionally mispronounced his name, calling him a highly venomous species of snake that Mal had encountered way more than he liked to admit. Before the Adler could correct him, Mal Saw Randolph Tess, Daska's father approaching. Mal abruptly turned away from Adler and stepped up to Randolph and took his hand in a firm handshake. "Randy! so good to see you. Man, you guys pulled out all the stops for this one."
​He knew Randolph hated him, and Mal had given up long ago trying to earn the impossible man's respect. So Mal resorted to just finding new ways to annoying the old fashioned Professor. Mal would never fit in with this crowd, but that was ok. Daska accepted him, and that was all he needed...

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
And here were go.... Daska internally rolled her eyes at how [member="Malcom Stillwater"] addressed Adler by mispronouncing his name purposefully (could the man be jealous?!), then calling her father by a casual nickname. Both men were irritated by these slights no doubt, but neither tookthe bait per se. The dark-haired Ralltiiri didn't' get a chance to give a retort as the treasure hunter made a beeline over to greet Daska's father. The honey blonde just shrugged with an apologetic smile back at Adler; smirking the whole time inside though.

"Charming as usual, Mr. Stillwater," the elder Tess nodded with a thin-lipped smile before stepping over to his daughter to give her an endearing peck on the cheek; Randolph's eyes brightening at the vision of his jewel. "Hello my darling... You look stunning, a rare treasure among the gems."

Daska internally cringed at his over the top complimentary words, though to be fair she had tried to look nice for the occasion. It more so had to do with the man who had accompanied her, putting a little more effort into usual girl next door persona. Honestly though the Chandrilan was more comfortable being the plain Jane and admired for her brains than beauty. For Randolph it was all about prestige and having a beautiful, sought after daughter who could gain him even more was top of his agenda... Hence why he encouraged Adler to pursue her.

"Indeed, the rarest," Adler said in agreement with the older man; his gaze saying how he thought so.

"So... Adler here was just informing me he has secured the man power and resources for your expedition to Cholganna, which means you can start sooner than later. Just say the word and he will see to it," he stated with a cant of his silver head towards the high-rolling financier.

"Yes, and I am looking very much forward to joining you on this historical find," Adler added, his dark eyes going from Daska to the Corellian saying. Yes, that's right... I will going with her.

The archeologist in her wanted to scream no, but... Strafford Enterprises was providing the much needed funding so how could she not be grateful for the generosity, plus her father was insisting upon it.

"Thank you, Father. And Adler... I truly appreciate your due diligence in the matter. After the first of the new year I should be ready to go. I still have a bit of research to do... " Daska answered, looking to the rugged treasure hunter. "This is why Malcom is here, to assist me. Aren't you?"

The look on Randolph's face was priceless.

Malcom Stillwater

Malcom was pushed aside in the conversation as Adler, Daska and Tess senior carried on about their gem comparison in regards to Daska. There was no denying how beautiful she looked this evening. Hell she took his breathe away at her beach house when he first saw her. However, he rather resented the two men's focus on doting on her. Well, not so much Randolph, as he was allowed to dote on his daughter, but the way Adler spoke just made Mal's skin crawl. To Mal though, she was there was never a moment when Daska wasn't eye catching. He wouldn't say he preferred, but he was definitely more comfortable with her when they were repelling down into an ancient ruin, or when she had a smudge of dirt on her face while they uncovered a buried relic. But her, it seemed that only the polished and refined were appreciated.

A passing server carrying a tray of sparkling wine walked by, much to Mal's delight, he capitalized on the moment of being ignored and grabbed a glass. He caught the look from Adler as he sent him a ridiculous gaze of possessiveness over Daska. Mal let that go, even though his blood began to boil and he felt his instinctual Corellian fire start to burn. He quickly brought the glass to his lips and began drinking in an attempt to simmer the fire. It was at that moment that Daska volunteered his services and looked to him. In her eyes he saw desperation, and finality. He swallowed quickly and coughed as the surprise took him. Clearing his throat, he improvised expertly. "Yes of course. My upcoming expedition has just been pushed back, which freed me up to assist Daska." He said looking the two men in the eye. He could see the delicious disappointment in their eyes at Daska's revelation of Malcom's involvement. Turning to Daska, he gave her his most sincerest of looks. "You know you can always count om me."

​[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Mhm... Especially when you ditch me. Yep I sure can, cowboy, she mused silently to herself, still miffed to a degree over being left behind while [member="Malcom Stillwater"] and his other partner went on to gain the prize for themselves. Though Mal had tried to make amends by giving her a generous cut of his own reward along with what she should have gotten. Still, the fact that the rugged Corellian didn't trust her enough hurt Daska. She was very capable of taking care of herself, and how many times had the petite Chandrilan actually saved his cute backside, hmm? Charlie was a good guy generally, but the man was out for himself like most treasure hunters in the big game.

When their gazes met, dark blue peering sincerely into hazel brown, Daska just smiled. "Yes, yes I can. Especially when you are at the top of your game, there is no one else I would want as my right-hand man," the honey blonde answered in a similar regard, then turned her golden head back to the other two men standing there, who each had disapproving looks upon their faces. In fact, she swore there were daggers shooting out of Adler's eyes at Malcom, and Randolph was generally not happy. The tension in the air could be cut with a straw.

"Well Father...... If you'll excuse us, we are going to get something to eat now," Daska announced quickly as a way to get them out of Dodge before there was a gunfight, figuratively of course. There were no weapons allowed inside the Civic Center except for the scant security provided, though knowing the Corellian and Adler, most likely each had a holdout blaster on their person. As for her, the Chandrilan had a datadagger in her clutch purse.

"Adler... It has been very nice to see you again. I will contact you as soon as I finalize the plans for the expedition," she smiled politely, then slipped her hand into the crook of the treasure hunter's arm, giving it a small meaningful squeeze.

"Shall we... I'm famished."

Malcom Stillwater

He resisted Daska's pull for only a nanosecond as he met the dagger filled looks coming from Tess senior and Adler. He had no issue with Randolph, Mal even respected the man and understood his reservation regarding himself and the senior doctor's daughter. Any good father should be protective of their daughters and the men they associated with. Adler however, Mal let his gaze match the younger debutante. Malcom never grew up in wealth and wouldn't consider himself a man of class, rather a man of substance. He earned everything he had, and he would not shrink from a man who never got his hands dirty and worked for what was important in life.
He gave a parting nod to the two gentleman. There was nothing else to say, at least, there was nothing else he should say.

He surrendered to Daska leading him away from the two disapproving men and walked with her. His temper began to ease and he was able to appreciate her gentle touch on his arm. He may not have been in his element, all dressed up and mingling with the elite, but he would endure anything for the honey blonde next to him. Even if it meant standing between her and death itself. Of course, he knew that she was a capable woman. Strong, independent and able to take care of herself, but as long as Mal could draw breath, he would always defend her. Even of she didn't like it.

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"Well that was a close one," Daska said with relief written all over her face, then a bit of worry set in once again as they neared the buffet table. "Though I have a feeling the upcoming expedition is going to more than just a treasure finding one... Could be even a measuring contest of sorts," she commented to [member="Malcom Stillwater"] while reaching for a white plate at the end, then stepping into the food line.

"Try not to let it get out of hand, hmm... The funding source is important to my father's work and mine," the petite blonde quipped lightly with a knowing look, then she started picking out food she preferred from the standard allotment of these types of high-end affairs; a little of this and that, but not a lot of anything really.

"So tell me more about this ship you're interested in, and when you might want to go take a look at her again... on Ord Mantell was it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom