Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving Haruun Kal

Haruun Kal is a world largely unaffected by the events of the galaxy at large, it is a world with no strategic value and no exports at all. the atmosphere was corrosive to most metals, disruptive to most electronics and deadly to most living beings. It was a harsh place to live but for Dagos Terrek it was home. Dagos was a native of Haruun Kal and like all native Koruunai was a member of a nomadic tribe.

The Koruunai tribes made there livelihoods raising and protecting grassers which were large six-legged, three-eyed ungulates that could weigh up to 2 tons, these creatures provided everything the Koruunai needed, the used them as mounts, ate their meat, drank their milk and even used the milk to make a hard bitter cheese.

Having grassers was invaluable on Haruun Kal and often times tribes would attack each other looking to steal the creatures for them selves, Dagos’ tribe has one of the largest numbers of grassers in the area and as such was subject to the ire and resentment of neighboring tribes, recently that ill will has turned into something more and the elders fear war is upon them. Traveling has become hazardous for Dagos’ tribe, clan Del-Finn, but a move would soon be necessary so Dagos and his older brother have been asked to scout ahead, finding evidence of another clan the two sit in the under brush and argue about what to do next.

“You, worry too much.” Dagos chided his older brother for his caution. Dagos was a head shorter, about 30 pounds lighter and 3 years younger than his brother Ragos, but always found himself to be the more daring of the two.

“You, don’t worry nearly enough, we should go back and tell the elders.” Ragos warned his younger more carefree sibling. Dagos was about to respond to his brother when he got the inescapable feeling that someone or something was coming to Haruun Kal.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi Ru was dispatched to deal with such disputes amongst the nomadic Korunnai. Usually when such things would reach the ears of the Jedi, the council would dispatch someone, but this councilor felt that she needed to be the one to handle this. The force was guiding her here, and it was for a purpose. Having been amongst the tribes for weeks, dealing with the fact that one would raid the other, and vice versa, she hadn't noticed that her ship was rather low on fuel. The maintenance would look after it while she was on Jedi duty, and this day she decided if there was someone in the neighboring village able to help. There had to be a wayward spacer somewhere about, or maybe a merchant? Or maybe...perhaps she forgot where she was.

Hmm, she wandered off in search of someone who might be able to help. She had helped the tribes come to a mutual agreement as of now,but who knows what issue will arise next. Walking down a path through the jungles of Haruun Kal, her robes draped behind her, and her exotic pigmentation seemed to stick out more with all the shades of green. In some way it looked like she belonged amongst the pillage. This much reminded her of her time she spends on Felucia, though this was less translucent and colorful, but similar nonetheless.

All the way, she force was speaking to her, and her senses had been signaling something off into the distance. She stopped, and embraced the feelings she was getting. She closed her eyes after a soft, and subtle breath that would quickly escape her lips. The life force of others were nearby, she would make her way. She would have to return to her Order, there was much the Councilor had to take care off, it was her own fault however, one thing the force didn't allow you to sense was when you were low on gas.

Hmm.
[member="Dagos Terrek"]

Dagos ignored his brothers warning and stepped out from the under brush, Ragos reluctantly followed wordlessly. Dagos closed his eyes and used his Pelekotan, the sense that all Koruunai possessed, he reached out and could sense eight beings, six men and two women guarding four grassers a few meters away. Dagos turned to his brother and gave him a mischievous smile, Dagos knew getting those grassers would not only increase the value of his tribe but taking them would show just how strong they were.

His brother could tell what he was thinking and made to stop him but he was too late Dagos jumped out into the clearing and drew his spear and before they had time to do anything but gasp Dagos swung the blunt end of his spear into the side of the closest man’s head and he dropped with a thud. Two of the men rushed Dagos but it was no use, he was too skilled, too gifted with Pelekotan. They swung and stabbed at him but he deftly dodged and countered with non-lethal strikes of his own until they to laid crumpled at his feet. Dagos was awash with adrenaline and looking for another challenger to put down, he could sense his brother dueling with the other man and one of the women, while the other ran off.

He realized she was running for help, if she were able to raze the rest of her tribe, they would be in big trouble, Dagos readied his spear in his hand closed his eyes and hurled it at the woman. It struck her in the shoulder and sent her crashing to the ground screaming. Great, there was no way the others wouldn’t hear her, he had tried to stop her from getting their attention and now they would be all over them.

“Ragos! We have to leave!” he turned to find his brother just as one of the rival clansmen drove his spear into him.

“Ragos!” No, no, no, no. Dagos had to and save him, but how? He could sense the rest of the tribe descending on them, there was no way he could get to Ragos. So he ran. He ran back the way they had come crashing through the jungle, he ran until his legs hurt not exactly sure where was going, he just kept running trying to put distance between him and the other Koruunai. He ran and almost crashed into someone out in the jungle, a woman, a Togruta woman! He slowed down just in time but tripped himself up and fell to the ground with a crash at her feet.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

There were waves and waves of emotional distress. She could feel it, and she wondered to herself. So much pain, it caused her to ache, though silently, and probably not as much as the person, or people were experiencing it. A couple of more strides in the direction she was walking would see her halted due to the rustling of the forest in that direction. She squinted her eyes as the sound grew closer, even going so far as to lean forward. Then out popped a young Korunnai male, the sweat from his obvious run made him glow in the daylight, and the heavy breathing he was experiencing wasn't of a hush hush tone, it was louder than the wind that blew between them.

As he fell at her feet, she gripped the length of her roes, and pulled it away so that it would land on them, and bring her down along with him. He was obviously shaken up, something had happened. She peered down at him with her tranquil expression slowly turning to one of worry. Had this been what the force was telling her all this time. Hmm.

"What is it? Your all shook up." she said now, kneeling down and placing her hand on his shoulder. Surely her exotic speech wasnt too thick for him to follow.

"I won't hurt you. Tell me what's wrong?"

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

She was a strange site to find out here in the jungle, Dagos would be certain he was hallucinating if she didn’t feel so real. Her presence was dominating. Waves of calm and certainty billowed off of her so strongly it soothed his troubled thoughts and for that he was thankful. Still this woman was a stranger but she didn’t feel hostile.

She spoke to him in basic but her accent was so thick and foreign he could hardly understand her.

“I’m sorry.” Dagos said as he stood up off the ground, wiping the dirt from the front of him. “I did not see you there. Are you lost?” Dagos looked around and couldn’t recognize where he was, maybe he was the one that was lost.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

Her eyes grew wider, she stood up slowly and nodded in response to his apology. She looked around, and behind him. What had he been running from? She then ran her hands down the length of her robes to straighten them out. "Lost? No I was just going to the next village over, I'm in need of fuel. May I ask what frightened you so that you ran all this way?" she said motioning with her hands as she spoke. Her voice was soft, and she tried to slow down her speech even more, due to the looks of his face. It would seem that her accent was a little too thick.

Although the force was strong within him, and such was the fact of the Korunnai, they were all force sensitive, but would produce some people that were far stronger than the average tribesman. Some of them would never ever know of their potential, it would seem he ran into the right person.

"What is your name?" she said leading up to revealing this information.

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

“I wasn’t running because I was afraid. I just needed the exercise.” it was at most a half lie. Dagos wasn’t running away from the other tribe because he was afraid he was running because it was the smart thing to do, but he was afraid. Afraid that his brother was dead, afraid that he was responsible, afraid that this would cause the war his clan had so desperately wanted to avoid.

“my name is Dagos Terrek, son of Ergos Terrek.” he answered back his hand held out in greeting. “but if your looking for fuel, that village won’t have any. “ He would know, it was his village. “you would need to go to Pelek Baw, and that is about a day and a half south east from my village.”

[member="Sochi Ru"]

She raised an eyebrow at him stating he was running only for exercise, she knew that wasn't the truth, be she couldn't understand exactly what he truly was running from however, it didn't seem to be following him. His next statement regarding fuel made her tranquil expression scrunch up as she began to think. A day and a half? Hmm, this would put her even more behind schedule. There was no need to waste anymore time, she needed to get back. She motioned with her hand for him to lead the way.

"If you be so kind as to lead the way. It's crucial I get this fuel as soon as possible." she would follow behind him! the thick air hitting them with almost every stride. She looked upon the young man. He has no knowledge if the good he can do.

"Tell me, what knowledge have of the force?" she said turning her head slowly to lay her eyes upon his face so they may speak.

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

Dagos had never been to the capital, but he knew the way, but should he really be the one to take her? He should go back to his village and admit what he had done. But how could he? He could never face his father or the other elders and tell them he may of very well broke the peace they strived to keep. He wouldn’t be able to look his mother and sister in the eye and explain what had happened to Ragos and by the gods how would he tell Irris? She was set to have Ragos’ child any time now.

But he couldn’t just leave either, he had no money to hire transport and leaving would mean never coming back. He struggled with the decision, he was torn between his own shame and his duty. While the conflict roared inside him the woman asked him something, he only half heard too occupied with his own troubles to give her his full attention.

“The what? “ Wait, didn’t she say she had a ship? “I’ll show you how to get to Pelek Baw on one condition: You take me off world with you.” Dagos made up his mind that instant, still struggling he decided to take the cowards way out and run. He was not sure at all the decision was good one in fact he was sure it was a terrible decision but he had little other choice.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

There a silent moment before she relieved an answer, she began to wonder if he even heard her. When he responded with a question, it was a sign that he either wasn't entirely sure if what she said or he hadn't heard her at all. When she began to reiterate her question she was cut off by his next question. Her eyes squinted as she listened. Take him off world? She wondered the reasoning. Her hand slowly came from her said, and it gripped the edge of her chin. Her fingers curled around it and she began to think. What was he hiding, in the beginning she decided to not intervene, but he was obviously running from something.

She stopped in her tracks and turned to lay her eyes upon him. "What are you running from? If you want transport you must tell the truth now. I won't judge you." she said softly! yet sternly to get her point across. There was more to this story.

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

Who did she think she was? His business was his own and he would be damned to let her blackmail him into revealing his personal problems to a complete and total stranger. Anger swelled in him, he didn’t owe this woman anything and his offer was fair enough, he takes her through the jungle and she takes him any where, it didn’t matter where.

“Fine. If that’s how you want it, you can find your own way to the capital.”

[member="Sochi Ru"]

" As a Jedi it's my duty to care for the people. I only want to help you. You've so much potential. You could be so much more. If something is troubling you it would be wise of me to know before I take you in." she said turning and looking upon him. There wasn't any ill will, or an attempt to blackmail him, even if it came across that way. She didn't want to endanger herself or anyone else, by giving transport to someone she hadn't an idea of. He seemed to be hiding something, was it some type of malicious action? She wasn't sure.

"Anger? If I didn't care I wouldn't think twice. You frustrated? Scared? Possibly. There's a reason we've bumped into one another. You've the ability to become a Jedi"

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

Dagos laughed out loud.

“Me, a JedI?” The idea was crazy, Dagos was no JedI. admittedly Dagos didn’t know a lot about the JedI or a lot about the galaxy at large, his existence was an isolated one but he knew a little bit, enough to know that this woman must be confused.

“My business is my own. If your really a JedI then why don’t you use your powers to just read my mind or look into the past or something.” Dagos didn’t know if that was something she could do, but he had been taught the JedI were powerful beings with powers greater than he could imagine.

“Like I said, you agree to take me off world, I will gladly lead us to the space port, but lets leave my personal issues out of things shall we.”

[member="Sochi Ru"]

Her eyes were wide, the response he gave was expected. "Read your thoughts and look into the past? I could, but that would be for personal gain and I wouldn't do it without your consent, nor just for the heck of it." she squinted her eyes and decided to give him a demonstration after all, because if he did leave...he would be going to the Jedi temple, where he would begin his training. That would be the only stop. Though if he desired to just leave he could find transports in the surrounding city.

"Your business if your own, your right, I apologize for intruding, though if your running from something..." she said turning around, then turning her head so that she could see him from the corner of her eye, " ignoring such a thing will come to jeopardize your future. Come, you will receive your transport." she said taking a couple of steps forward but then she stopped.

"Oh and as for your demonstration," she held out her hand! her fingers were in a curled position. Her robes slightly lifted near her waist, and her lightsaber hilt rose, manipulated by the force, it came to float, and orbit around her hand. This would go on for a moment before it fell into her hand.

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

Dagos was happy that she was finally going to drop the issue at least for the time being, she did mention that his running now could cause him problems in the future, he wasn’t certain what she meant by that but it sounded more like a warning than a threat. She turned to face him just slightly and took some sort of silver cylinder from her robes and to his general surprise made it float.

“OH! I can do that.” Dagos picked a small rock off the ground put it in his palm and concentrated hard, the effort he used was visible but after a moment he was able to make the rock float in the air the same she had done though clearly not as easily as she had. He looked to her a smile on his face, proud of his accomplishment and happily surprised that they found something in common.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

She nodded slowly, such progress without any formal training was rare. He was strong just as she suspected. She gripped her lightsaber hilt and clipped back underneath her robes. Then she ran her hands down the length of them to ensure no wrinkles. Then she took a step and placed a hand in his shoulder. "I know it may be hard to believe, but there's a reason we met this day. I feel you have a destiny and that is to become a Jedi. Come back to the temple with me, and allow me to train you in the ways of the Jedi." she said softly! and with a more compassionate tone of voice.

She withdrew her hand, after given enough time for him to answer her. Whatever his answer would be she would have to accept it. It was his choice regardless, but she would hate for him to waste such potential. She would continue to follow him afterwards, she needed to get back as soon as possible.

[member="Dagos Terrek"]

Him as a JedI? it seemed impossible, but if she thought it could be true than why not? There was once a great Koruunai JedI, Dagos could keep that legacy alive. He could be the next Mace Windu.

“I’ll come with you. Never know, it could be fun.” Dagos started walking through the brush in the direction of the capital.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom