Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leave No Stone Unturned [Moross Crusade Dominion of Silken Asteroids]

Meanwhile within the Valkar city ....

Vascious ran to the nearby wall and stopped next to an open door frame. Only the Vascious that stood there was a young teenager at best. His black hair was void of gray, and his eyes were fierce with the cocky wildness of an inexperienced youth.

"Heads up, boy," came the voice of a nearby man who tossed Vascious a live thermal detonator. The teenager's eyes widened as he nearly dropped his blaster rifle in an attempt to catch and quickly throw the detonator through the nearby doorway before it exploded.

Then something strange happened. Everything want cloudy and fuzzy. Relen's body felt sore and he couldn't quick shake his head just right to clear his vision so anything would come into focus. Then it dawned on him after a few moments as his mind and vision cleared.

The Aesir was suspended in air by shackles strapped around his wrists. It wasn't a teenager hanging there, but rather the old man who had been dreaming of a long forgotten youth. Now he was awake and becoming quickly aware that his mandalorian armor was gone. Whoever had captured him hadn't had the decency to at least leave him some clothes.

The memories were coming back. His champion, Xynar, had just defeated the alpha of the Valkar. Vascious had waited to make sure that the others wouldn't rush his purple companion. Then he retreated back into the canine's city to find Piraiba. There had been an explosion and everything had gone black as the room collapsed on him. There was no doubt now that it had been an ambush. Xynar was either dead or some of the loyalists to the original alpha had captured the new alpha's outsider accomplice.

They must not have known what they had chained up if they had decided to use old metal shackles. Escape wouldn't be difficult. Hopefully Amorella and Solaiel had gotten his report on the Valkar and the Silken Asteroids. They'd likely be moving into the sector eventually.

@[member="Crystal"] @[member="Xynar"]

The woman took the opportunity to glance around them as they walked, with the Val'kar and their own entourage forming up around them. Her head tilted as one of her aides stepped up to her side and murmured softly. Kassandra nodded and favored the young woman with a smile and a whispered word in return. "Al xunor, ussta d'anthe." This one had proved quite useful already, perhaps she would see to rewarding her upon their return if the positives kept coming.

The Master's attention returned to their guides as they made their way through the city to the Val'kar. With a mental gesture borne of long practice, she left a tiny pinprick of Force energy near the ship, almost like a tiny glittering beacon attuned only to her. A simple precaution hailing from the depraved depths her original training had sunk to. She'd learned her lessons very well indeed...wouldn't her loving Master be proud to see her thus. A series of such pinpricks would be left behind her as a guide in the case that an expedient retreat became necessary.

Fingers rose to tuck an errant curl back into place behind her ear, covering the gentle shake of her head. It was unseemly to have one's mind wander off when one was in the midst of serious work. Another moment to chalk up to the cryo-stasis having altered her in ways she had yet to discover.

"Is there a name we might address you by, honored one? Or perhaps a proper title? I am unaccustomed to the ways of your pack and would not wish to offer offense." she said smoothly, looking toward the purple-furred leader after Crystal had spoken.

Aboard the Freya
@[member="Asaros Vautur"] @[member="Cameron Centurion"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

The Aesir watched disappointment flood the young man's face as he once more withdrew, feeling the faint need to reach out and offer assurance. The movement never came. Anymore it had become paramount to distance herself from others, to maintain that ethereal presence, to remain untouchable. Inari smiled somberly as she glanced around the bridge. Things were well in order here.

"Yes," came a gentle answer, attention now back to the young one, "there is. I have heard many things about your gifts. Tell me, Asaros, do you know much about technology design and engineering?"

I turned around as we walked to see one of @[member="Crystal"]'s assistant's or men came to ask for a progress report. I turned my head away as she spoke hearing that she had indeed made contact with the Val'Kar leader. Which happened to be me. I continued to walk in slight silence except for the few scrapes of claw on the ground, and the footfalls of boots by the two women behind me. I heard one of them say something in a muttered tone, as we walked past the gates of the city.

Before them, the amount of mobile carts made as shops, or makeshift buildings out of starship hulls or even a few homes made from the dirt bricks that were packed together so tightly that even my blade edge could not slip through. This was only the outer level of the city as we walked. behind me I could hear the second woman, Kassandra ask in which they should call me. I turned around and walked backwards to look at them directly. "I go by many names miss. But one that I prefer is Xynar. Titles such as Alpha are meaningless to me. I am a simple person of my race. Nothing more, nothing less." I stopped for a moment, only in speaking to look to my man on my right, I nodded to him, and clicks came from my mouth in a language which the two women would not understand.

"Make a set of food for the women we have before us, they are our guests, and should be treated with the highest respect. and I wish for the troop count to be doubled as we don't want any rogues to sabotage this meeting." he nodded back to me with a single click of yes in our tongue, I then turned back to the women, "I hold no disrespect or anger against you. You do not know our ways, as we do not for you. As of now, we learn about one another until we can come to a pact."

At least I hoped to make a pact with them. As I could not afford the lives of my men, nor my people that followed me to be lost to the weapons that they possessed. For I had no knowledge of the power that they held in their hands just yet.

@[member="Kassandra Distorith"]

Mercury Zealot

Monstrocity of Moross - Deceased
Like a dolphin or something, Stone Hermes swam through space at rapid rocket powered speeds, having detonated a small group of Mynocks behind him he targeted the greater swarm with a predatory tunnel vision gaze. His mouth rapped open and close as he expected combat. He was, once again, no where near melee distance, and screaming at them only aggravated them to bite him; which in turn aggravated him even more. Realizing the importance of the grenades, he succumbed once again to their usage. He pulled out two grenades with one clawed hand, and chucked those suckers across space into the swarm. He continued to swim as he watch their guts fly through space.

25 slew by grenade
25 slew by grenade
Total: 75 killed

@[member="Kassandra Distorith"] @[member="Xynar"]

Kassandra inquired as to the name that they should call him by. Crystal had considered that, but also considered that their names might be unspeakable by humans and thus did not ask. But the Val'Kar's leader gave a name, which she repeated outloud to ensure she'd said it correctly.

"Xynar."

Xynar began to speak to one of his kind in a language that she didn't comprehend. However, she sensed no hostility or malice, so there was nothing to alarm her. When he spoke again, she smiled and nodded. "Nor did I intend disrespect or anger. I look forward to learning more about you and your people. Thank you for having us at your home."

Vascious continued to hang from his bonds as he closed his eyes and focused his mind. The false god's force presence blossomed as his mind stretched out over the Val'kar city. There were only two others that were somewhat nearby. It seemed like a mile or two at most. It was @[member="Crystal"] and @[member="Kassandra Distorith"] if he hadn't missed his guess.

Of course they would be able to notice the foreign force signature spying on them. He wasn't very familiar with Crystal, but he did know Kassandra quite well. The man debated for a moment on whether or not he should reach out for her. Vascious likely would have been able to free himself. Still an ally would be a good thing to have if he was fortunate enough to not get the wrong one that would take advantage of his weakened position.

A few moments went by until he heard voices nearby. He'd have to take his chances with Kassandra. The Aesir hurriedly imparted his thoughts across to his old acquaintance. He was in trouble, in pain, and needed help. It was a little dramatic all things considered, but he didn't have time to refine it.

The mandalorian's eyes shot open as the voices got closer. Two Val'kar had made their way into the room. Perhaps they were there to interrogate him. Either way Relens didn't plan to cooperate. The force made quick work of his shackles, which dropped him to the floor. The recoil from that fall gave the canines time to charge him. Their speed was almost unnatural.

The old man caught his balance just in time to react to his two new friends. A ferocious eruption of force lightning made quick work of both. Death was nearly instant, and the whole room suddenly smelled of burning dog. Still Vascious didn't pay much attention to that as he rooted around a pile of nearby gear to find the clothes that he wore under his armor. The shirt had been ripped beyond repair when they removed it, but his paints were intact enough. He quickly pulled them on and fastened them.

Seconds later he suddenly felt the happiness go out from the world. Relens wouldn't have even needed to look up to know that a Ysalamir had entered the room. He knew that feeling of loss quite well. The Sith Master sighed and slumped his shoulders in a look of utter defeat as a third Val'kar was wheeling a Ysalamir cage into the room. No doubt it was to be used to subdue him while they interrogated. The fun just never ended.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
@[member="Xynar"] @[member="Crystal"] @[member="Kassandra Distorith"] @[member="Vascious Relens"]

A hooded figure followed in the wake of the Morossians. A brown robe marked him as a follower of Liad. Those who worshipped the Plaguebearer all suffered maladies of a sort. Amputees, the infected, the insane. All were pleasing to Liad. Amongst the Pantheon he was deemed one of the "bad" gods by some. Together with Ithari, Aatrox, and Erebos, they formed the four members of the Court of Tribulation, so called by worshippers of the "good" gods. Anaudius deemed them all fools. Liad was not good, but neither was he evil. He gave and he took as he saw fit. Who were they to question his will?

Anaudius' features were hidden in the shadows of his hood, but even should one pierce that unnatural darkness a mask concealed what was left of his face. Burnt beyond recognition by Disciple and twisted by Velok's alchemical powers, Seth Shorn was more monster than man now. The lengthening of his bones by Velok's powers had made him taller, but also weaker. Beneath these robes he looked like a charred skeleton rather than the proud leader of the Royal Guard who he had once been. He was no longer that man. He was Anaudius, follower of Liad. But sometimes, he was reminded of the man he had been. Gloved fingers, more like gaunt claws, reached up to touch his forehead, but rested against the cold metal of his mask. His scar pained him; the last gift from his brother, Mikhail Shorn. The devaronian blood-poison remained in the wound, causing him everlasting pain. He bore it, for it was his burden to bear. Praise Liad.

His hand moved to adjust his mask. It was grotesque in its elegance. White, with grey etchings embodying misery. The mouth of the mask appeared sown shut. Much like his name, Anaudius, it symbolized what he had lost. He could still speak, but Velok's sorcery had twisted his vocal chords to such a degree that a mere whisper was agony.

The follower of Liad caught up to the Morossian party. Eyes like windows into a tortured soul gazed long at the leader of the Val'kar. Fur covered the beast and it bore itself proudly. Anaudius' eyes flickered. Such pride in his strength of form was ill-pleasing to Liad. The Plaguebearer would bring him low.

A disturbance in the Force drew Anaudius' attention away from the leader of the Val'kar. Anaudius' head turned in that direction, then moved to Crystal and Kassandra, surely they too had felt it.

Vascious raised his hand towards the canine on the other side of the room. The 'come hither' gesture that his hand emulated was just the taunting action that the Val'kar needed for his anger to overtake him. The creature rushed across the room at the Aesir just as his dead compatriots had done just before him. This dog was unnaturally fast like the ones before, but Kalee was counting on that this time.

It was a relatively minor thing to wait for just the right moment to sidestep. It was just a hair before the canine lunged. It went past the mandalorian who proceeded to grab the dog from behind and use its forward momentum against it. Both fighters went into the floor and Vascious quickly wrapped his arms around the monster's neck from behind to kill it. Unfortunately the beast was significantly larger. It's neck muscles were able to hold out just long enough for the Val'kar to reach up and dig it's claws into Vascious' shoulders.

The Sith Lord gave a grunt from the paint of the piercing claws just as the creature managed to dig them in and throw him forward and over it's own body. Vascious released his opponents head just as he tumbled over. Yet the mandalorian wasted no time to get back to his feet since the Val'kar had no intention of giving him any.

The 6'8" human and 7'5" canine behemoths collided into each other again. Vascious found himself at a disadvantage as he was pushed back several steps. Each slash from the creatures claws cut into the Sith Master's flesh with ease as he attempted to fend off the Val'kars wild attacks. The god of war simply wasn't going to be able to withstand a toe to toe fight with fido without armor, weapons, or the force. Unfortunately running was most definitely out of the question. He'd have been overtaken almost instantly.

The only way was forward. The mandalorian stopped retreating. A wide arced slash came his way giving him the opening to ram his fist into the beast's throat. Adrenaline surged through Vascious' body as he kept attacking. Each strike was a trained reflex, which was delivered in a impulsive combination of blows that trained in on vital points. The Val'kars body was close enough to a humans that many points were still effective. The first punch was immediately transformed into a elbow to the ear/temple region just as the mandalorian throw his body into the wolf to throw him off step. It wheezed and gave ground trying to re-catch it's balance just as Vascious continued with a heavy hit to the solar plexus. Further air was knocked out of his target as the sternum took damage next.

The beast turned to retreat only to get a foot dug into the back of it's knee. It went down just as it's kidney took a painful strike. The creature cried out in agony just as the Sith Lord's arm wrapped around its neck again.

Then there was that satisfying crunch of the neck's vertebrae being twisted forcefully out of alignment. The Val'kar fell dead to the floor as Vascious stumbled back a couple steps and laughed deeply. One could almost smell the testosterone in the room. The feeling of overpowering something even larger than him made him feel years younger. The pain was almost nullified by the adrenaline. The old man felt ALIVE!

@[member="Vascious Relens"] @[member="Anaudius"] @[member="Xynar"] @[member="Kassandra Distorith"]

Crystal noticed a not quite familiar presence stretching out in the Force, but her eyes and face showed no signs of her noticing it outwardly. She had felt this presence before, but couldn't identify whom it belonged to. Silently she communicated to Kassandra.

~Someone else is here. Were we expecting reinforcements?~

And then it was as though he'd disappeared off the planet. She was not impressed in the least. Something was happening, but she couldn't simply leave now that they had a foot in the door. She awaited Kassandra's response before she would make a move.

Mercury Zealot

Monstrocity of Moross - Deceased
@To-lazy-to-@Everyone

While @[member="Vascious Relens"] felt alive, Stone Hermes felt pretty bored... well actually his raving mad frothing at the mouth (if he could have) animal wild, but the "sport" of killing Mynocks was hardly child's play. The fact that they annoyed the crap out of him just made it worse. Guts flew everywhere from the previous two grenades blasts, while Hermes rocketed towards the fleshy mass.

He held his sword in one hand while he charged in to bite though them, skewer them in his tusks, or otherwise tear them in half by his claws. As he entered the mass he cut down half a dozen of them, before he caught one in his hand and crushed it into goo. He ate another as he passed by him, and he kicked another one that was trying to eat his leg. Quickly he thrust his jaw up and cut the underbellies of two more flying overhead and killed them. Then the one he killed of tried for another go, and thus he snatched the thing with his feet and ripped it in half.

He pulled out another grenade (his fourth out of a pack of a dozen), and before throwing it bashed a few mynocks out of his way with the grenade and threw the sucker into the group again. Stone Hermes was just a swarm of guts and death, with the Mynocks creating a cloud of carnage around him. He angrily roared and regretted it again, as more of the things swarmed on his body in response, enraging him more.

10 slew by angriness
25 slew by nade
Total: 110 killed

Looking behind me, I noticed that @[member="Kassandra Distorith"] had been silent, However my mind turned to @[member="Crystal"] as she spoke my name that I preferred to be called by. nodding my head I smiled, though to her it may have looked like I wanted her for my next meal. I nodded my head twice at her, "Yes Ms Crystal, But would it not be kind of me not to offer my hospitality to the Armored man who came to speak of more of your kind. Walking with no second bend in the legs, and no snouts."

As I was speaking a man that looked to be clearly out of place came up. he had caught up to us, and I nodded his way. With the mask that he wore, Tell-able by the depth perception in his eyes. The symbol of his lips sewn shut told me that he was not one to talk. Simply I spoke to him, expecting no answer. ​"Welcome to my city Hidden one. I hope that these accommodations are comfortable."

A shiver went up my spine, as though I could feel a death of a man. I don't know why. but this twinge made my body shiver, Almost uncontrollably. I stopped walking and looked around,
"Excuse me for that. I don't know what came over me."

@[member="Anaudius"]

@[member="Xynar"]

Crystal was confused by his words, perhaps he was speaking of the other presence that she had felt. "The Armored man? I do not know of whom you speak." It was at least partially true, as she had no idea who was actually there on the planet with them. "An unexpected visit I'm sure." The Sith Princess added.

She continued to follow the leader, Xynar, until he stopped to look around. Crystal narrowed her eyes. Was he sensing something? Smelling perhaps? But, he brushed it off. She was going to press the matter, but she thought better of it. Instead, she just continued to follow him. "Worry not, Xynar."

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Eyes narrowed beneath hood and mask. Anaudius could feel tendrils of pain leaking from.... somewhere. His gaze shifted away from the Val'kar leader and looked off into the distance. Deception as foul as Aatrox seemed to hang about this place. Liad's Scourge sensed something perversely amiss. He would wait and see what these whispers of pain foretold. Perhaps simply the banal pains of life. Perhaps something of a more sinister nature. Time would tell.

Anaudius folded his hands inside his sleeves and moved forward, coming level with @[member="Crystal"], @[member="Xynar"], and @[member="Kassandra Distorith"]. Worry not? Curious. Who did this one worship? What zealous god did she pursue? Behind the mask, beneath the hood, a smile of pain.

@[member="Kassandra Distorith"] @Crystal @Xynar @Anaudius

Vascious approached the ysalamir that had ripped his connection from the force. The creature was defenseless without a guardian to protect it's nutrient cage. Like the Val'kar it too made a crunching sound in the Sith Lord's hand as its life was severed.

The wondrous joy of the force flooded back into the mandalorian's senses. The euphoria was tolerated only for a moment before he sharpened his mind to train it on nearby presences. There were a few more wolves nearby, but no more pockets of nothingness that would have indicated more ysalamir. The glint of metal in the corner of the room managed to catch his eye next. It was another pile of discarded mechanical parts and scrap. One of his shoulder armor plates happened to be on top.

Vascious didn't need to inspect it to know that it was beyond salvage for now. He would have to come back for his armor and find a competent mandalorian smith to repair it after this was all over. Still the Sith Lord reached down and collected his black cloak from the pile. Of course the cloak did have sentimental value to him. Why else would someone wear something that was dirty, tattered, and riddled with blaster bolt holes? Yet at that moment he started to feel cold and naked. It helped some to fasten the old cloth over his shoulders. If nothing else it covered some of his wounds.

Kalee stormed down the adjoining hallway. Two approaching Val'kar were dispatched easily enough with bolts of lightning rammed into their bodies. The Sith Lord didn't even pause for a moment to perform the kills. He simply kept marching until he made his way into the next room. The beast he found waiting there had been the last he had sensed in his immediate vicinity.

Anger couldn't even begin to describe the pure unadulterated rage that the Aesir was experiencing. To have been captured with such a cheap trick and then stripped down for torture and interrogation was beyond aggravating. The mere idea that they had the gall to do this made him want to rip the jugular out of each and every one of the damned mutts until he could feel the warm spray of their blood in a shower of terror.

Yet that last Val'kar stood defiantly against him in the next room. In each claw adorned hand was a silver lightsaber hilt. Each hilt had erected a brilliant white blade. That was that last straw that broke the camel's back. He would not have his own weapons used against him.

The false god simply lost what little control had been remaining. Even in his weakened condition, Relens still unleashed the hell of the darkside of the force upon the room he was in. The creature before him stumbled as an invisible pressure swept out and struck at the walls around them. The metal walls groaned under strain and pipes started to burst filling the room with gasses and water. The electrical arcs of his force lightning further fanned the flames as it ignited gasses and lashed out at nearby walls with explosive properties.

Vascious saw the terror in the Val'kar's eyes just a moment before it mirrored in his own. They were on a meteorite with no atmosphere...

Whether or not Relens could hear the alarm that suddenly trilled was of course not consequential. The large hole that broke into the farthest wall was enough to forcefully rip both the Sith and the Wolf off of their feet like rag-dolls as their oxygen started to rapidly evacuate out into the outside. Both of them tumbled and Vascious managed to grasp a nearby cabinet that had been bolted to the floor by the grace of whatever real gods there might have been in the galaxy. Even more miraculous was that the cabinet had been used to to store oxygen masks.

His body fell back to the floor. The room's gravity well generator was still operational despite the lack of atmosphere now inside the building. Gravity wasn't a useful luxury when there was nothing to breath though. His arm reached out for one of the masks. His vision was rapidly starting to fade. The oxygen depravation was starting to constrict his thoughts. The mandalorian could faintly feel the outlines of the mask on his face as he strapped it on. Everything was fadeing to black. Now if only he could just get that dial turned just a little...

Hiissssss...

@[member="Xynar"] @[member="Crystal"] @[member="Anaudius"]

The woman lifted her head, having been silent for several minutes as they were led deeper into the city. She had felt Vascious' presence reaching for her - Kalee, she reminded herself - but had been so stunned at the peculiar taste of his aura that she hesitated. It was him, but it was not him at the same time. He had always been a source of power and strength that had so often made a mockery of her own and likely always would.

This...weakness...was not the Vascious she had known for well over five hundred years, the one who had rescued her only months before with a prolific display of power that had rendered both herself and her enemy speechless. Granted, her tormentors were also very dead, but that was besides the point.

Rage rose in her senses, forcing her crimson gaze to glow with a sullen, sickened energy. Kassandra schooled herself to calm, straightening her posture as she reached for Crystal's mind in turn as the young woman had already done.

//We were not...but I know who it is the Val'kar speaks of. If you will simply continue the meeting, I will tend to this matter personally.// Her words were threaded with warmth and more than a touch of rage.

"That was a death, Xynar. I would hazard a guess that your people are linked to you in some way, and as their Alpha you sensed the passing of one. It is not unheard of. I must ask your forgiveness..." the Mistress said quietly, a soft sibilant sound to her lushly accented words.

"...my presence has been requested elsewhere. Please, do continue without me for a short while. I will return as swiftly as I am able."

Kassandra bowed her head to Xynar and turned to face both Crystal and Anaudius in turn. //Call if you need me...// she sent gently to both of them, her mind touch delicate and unobtrusive, and reminded them of the path of Force energy 'breadcrumbs' she had created in their wake, should they need it. She slipped away down the path they had recently walked along, striding swiftly with only her natural vampiric speed at work. Thankfully, she mused, she'd fed well before their arrival - this was likely going to prove very taxing. Her tiny entourage remained with the others as she had bid them to do with a simple gesture, though several of them shifted uncomfortably before remembering their place and recalling cool, serene expressions to their faces.

Far in the opposite direction of where they had entered the city, lay a dark, dank district of buildings that had seen better days. A moue of distaste crossed her lips, threads of old memories reminding her of her earliest days on Coruscant. Sullen and sickened red energy crackled around her hands and forearms as she stalked the streets, senses alert as she followed the trail Vascious' aura and energy laid out for her. She stopped in her tracks, staring ahead at a series of linked buildings that terminated outside the shielding that maintained pressure and oxygen levels to sustain life.

He was here, of that she was certain. She reached with her mind, intending to simply brush against his by way of greeting, when she felt such a flood of rage and anger that she forgot how to breathe. It was exquisitely overwhelming, born of such power and strength as she could only aspire to. Fingers curled into fists, nails extending into claws and piercing the skin. The sweet sting of pain brought her to her senses not a moment too soon, as she could feel the explosion and loss of pressure from where she stood.

Tilting her head she nudged his mind with her own, perhaps a bit more sharply than initially intended, but she could hardly help it with the strings of his rage still slithering through her system. It was for the best, Kassandra told herself, making her way inside the first building, fingers plucking an oxygen mask off the shelf nearby. He was close to losing consciousness and she could not afford for him to do that just yet. Threading her way through the maze of crates and containers in the cavernous spaces of the what must have been warehouses, she eventually came to an open space in front of a pair of heavy durasteel doors. The indicator lights above blinked red, and the alarm sounding beyond them was muffled.

Blazing crimson eyes scanned the panel beside them, thankful for the tiny security cam showing a picture of the room beyond. It was destroyed in a marvelously delightful fashion, with a gaping hole in the far wall having sucked out half the contents before the gravity generator kicked back in. Wonderful. Gravity, no oxygen, and cold. She could even see Vascious near the doorway, sprawled out on the floor with a mask thankfully on his face. But he was without his armor, and his tattered cloak left little doubt as to the condition he was in. Fitting the mask over her face and turning the oxygen on, she pressed the release to open the doors.

With more expediency and urgency than any decorum or grace, she looped one of his arms over her shoulders and used no small amount of the Force to keep the huge Mandalorian upright. She cursed under her breath, stumbling back through the doors and dropping him unceremoniously atop a crate as the doors slam closed behind them. She tore the mask off of her face but left his on for the moment, as he'd need the saturation of oxygen to revive him. To that end, she edged the dial up a tiny bit, and remained there in front of him, concern writ in her features. Slender fingers reached out to adjust his cloak over his shoulders for the lack of anything else to do.

"For love of the dark, Vas, what the hell happened to you?"

@[member="Vascious Relens"]

The wounded Mandalorian started to stir slowly at first with his eyes still closed. And then he suddenly gained enough consciousness to remember his fight for survival. Vascious' eyes suddenly snapped open just as one of his hands flew up and clasped around Kassandra's throat tightly. His muscles were tense and prepared to kill the Val'kar he had been battling just before.

It took a preciously short moment for the Aesir to register her features in his brain. His hand released her instantly afterward and he quickly shot a precursory glance around the room for targets before he started to push himself up. There was no one else there. She must have had dragged him out of the mess he had gotten himself into.

A sigh could be heard after the old man pulled the mask from his face upon seeing that he had awoken in a room with oxygen. 'Vas, what the hell happened to you?' Her words cut into him like a knife, making him wince. Truthfully Vascious wasn't sure if the concern on her facial features wasn't at least partially dissapointment. He had never shown weakness in front of her. Now it simply couldn't be helped.

Relens wasn't sure how to describe the feelings that were running through his mind. The euphoria of killing one of the Val'kar with his bare hands was now long gone. Now he was cold, significantly weakened by blood loss, and still very much naked toward a woman that had looked up at him for at least 500 years. His image had been everything to him, and it was a crushing defeat to have it dragged through the dirt.

In the end Vascious played it off and just chose to emit a slight chuckle. He pushed himself off of the crate and took a step toward her. The mountain of a man was a little woozy and not quite steady on his feet. Still this didn't stop him from eventually standing up straight and cupping a finger under Kassandra's chin to make her glance up at his face.

"You're still as vibrant and beautiful as the day I met you. It's like you haven't aged a day. The force has served me well, but i'm still a human being, dear. I've kept my body as strong as I could, but I've been living on borrowed time."

His eyes gazed down to where there was a concerning amount of blood on her shoulder and back. Vascious had bled on her when she carried him from the room. Kassandra's ability to control her desire to feed was that much of an indication to her mastery over her senses and emotions. This was good because he wasn't sure he would survive anymore teeth or claws being sunk into him.

"The Val'kar captured me after I got knocked unconscious in a building collapse. I'm not sure if they orchestrated that or not. Either way I found myself here without weapons or armor. When the ysalamir came into the picture I had to fight with my bare hands. I need to patch myself up. Did you pass any medical supplies on your way in?"

His summary at least explained why his wounds appeared to be claw inflicted. The Sith Lord was still voraciously connected to the force. If anything he appeared to be stronger than ever in that regard since he was not making any attempts to mask his presence or conserve his energy. His body however was another matter. Relens' drooping eyes and poor posture betrayed how weak the blood loss had made him. If anything his extended draw upon the force was the crutch that was keeping him up and running.

@[member="Kassandra Distorith"]

Crystal made eye contact with Kassandra only briefly to acknowledge her words. Kassandra excused herself and reminded them of their escape route should they need it. And then she was off, presumably to the presence they'd felt earlier.

Her danger sense tingled just before the explosion, keeping her on her guard. But the danger was not immediately to her and the diplomatic party. So the show would go on. Once again she addressed the leader of the Val'kar, @[member="Xynar"]

"The Moross Crusade is aiming to set up a base of operations to ensure its continued peace and security in this region. We offer you the opportunity to join us, and if you wish, study with us, travel the galaxy, expand, the galaxy is the limit."

Aboard the Freya

With her young pupil set to work on a side project, Aesir Inari returned to the bridge and the holographic projection of their surrounding planetary fields. Please to see that the Diplomatic party had made progress as per the reports in to Cameron, she turned next to that of the ground party currently searching out the old Rebel base. A short, silent sigh escaped the woman's lips as she studied the illuminated blue field displayed before her, eyes wandering the massive floating asteroids with a sense of familiarity. Yet no matter how long she stared there was nothing to tell her exactly where to look.

It hadn't been so long ago that she and Soliael had attended a meeting with the then leader of the CIS to form a rudimentary alliance and pact of non-aggression. The base had been easy enough to find then, but that was the trouble with asteroid fields - they didn't stay the same. Like a current of water, they constantly moved, flowing along the tides of space, pushed and pulled by passerby. There was no telling how much traffic this area had seen since their last visit. The base's last documented location could now be miles away from its current.

It was simply a waiting game.

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
Suited and armed, the Priestess exited her ship and pressed out into the void of space. There was a moment of surreality as she pushed off from the hull, feeling naught but the weight of her tether line in any resistance. Before her saffron eyes the endless field of asteroids span, gently floating like a sea of sleepy, dark clouds. Loxa scanned her surroundings, allowing her gaze to pan towards the tumult of heated battle between @[member="Stone Hermes"] and the black swarm of mynocks several hundred yards away.

Gloves fingers traced over a control panel on the gauntlet of her left arm, engaging the thrusters of her suit in short, controlled spurts that would send her floating towards the cloud of pestilence and as she neared Loxa pulled two helium grenades from her side, the first of a dozen, activated them and lobbed them off along the edges. The results were odd to experience - parts of the swarm broke away from the Resu to investigate these new arrivals, then came a short flash and an explosion of gaseous helium. The closest mynocks burned up, those on the perimeter enjoyed paralyzing burns and noxious fumes. Oddly effective.

Helium Grenades - 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom