Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Leave a Trace

c506a8b15876e0fc5aa799a848f8314c479b5891.png

//: Aboard Alina's Ship //:
//: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru //:
//: After the Serenno Invasion //:
5a7eff6add47200c70dc97ecf86681cbdff5be45.png
As Viers was taken from the streets of Serenno, a small journal would slip from the hidden pocket of the field jacket. It would tumble end over end until it laid forgotten, stained red with the padawan's blood. She had been passed out for the most part through the entire trip. Memories of her childhood became dreams flowing into nightmares, but she didn't stir.

Unknown to Viers, the ability to heal quickly wasn't something that the Sangnir could only do. With the help of her body's deep sleep, Viers' subtle wounds disappeared, healing almost instantly. The wound on her neck took a little longer, but for the most part, had patched up nicely - looking as if she had received the laceration a few weeks prior instead of recently. Even the crack of her wrist healed up - never being a genuine break. Whatever she was, she was built sturdier than a typical human or near-human species.

Wake up, girl. The sharp and insistent tone bled into Viers' mind. A memory of her childhood - one where she had fallen down a deep cavern and hit her head. There had been only one way out, and she had to do it on her own. Wake up! The old woman's voice echoed again, and Viers opened her eyes quickly. Bright lights shined down on her; it burned, causing her to quickly shut them again. A slew of curse words flowed from the padawan's mouth as she shook her head, stopping when she felt the strain of new skin and scabs against her neck.

Almost instantly, Viers remembered what had happened. Something wasn't right. Her eyes opened again, and she realized she didn't recognize anything on the ship. Nothing screamed Alliance or New Jedi - heck, Dagon wasn't even in there wrapped in his usual garb of bandages.

Where exactly was she? Shifting her weight slightly, Viers sat up a tiny bit, only enough to feel her shoulders lift from the bed. Her arms were bound - the same for her legs. Was she a prisoner? Ohh, not good. She thought quietly to herself as she inhaled deeply, trying to calm the rapid beating of her heart.

"Blech," Viers twisted her face in disgust as the scent of dried iron rust filled her nose. There was a bit of panic building, and without thinking, she started to shake the restraints as hard as she could. She spotted her jacket from the corner of her eye, which she knew her comm device was hidden away.

Smiling, she felt through the Force and forced the device to send a beacon to the one person she knew would probably be looking for her. Viers having the innate ability with Mechu Deru came as a blessing instead of a curse. Exhaling, she calmed down a bit, but she continued to tug and pull at the restraints. "HELLO?!" her voice echoed as she shouted to whomever the ship belonged to. Hopefully, a fanged blonde woman wasn't the owner - how funny would that have been?

//: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec //: Viera Viera //:
Note: I do want to give Alina and Viers a chance to talk [character development] - totally post and start the rescue just allow some time for Alina and Viers to chat. :3

PRIOR TO RESCUE,
THE FRONTLINES

Dagon swallowed as he stared at the bloodied journal in his hands. He dared not open it, he dared not avert his eyes from it. Guilt and frustration began to rise up. Why, Viers? Why had she struck off on her own to Serenno? The answers in his mind sharply pointing fingers at himself. The Jedi finally broke himself free of the suffocating rumination and set the artbook to the side. He wanted to go alone after her but rational thought prevailed.

He switched on the holoprojector placed next to the book and dialed up for help the_team: Viera, Violet, Aeris- his hand froze hovering over Kaska's name. Dagon's eyes winced as the events on the Prosperity over Ziost barged painfully in his head. Their bond of trust had been shattered. All thanks to Dagon's stumble into the Dark Side; a secret that had remained between them. At the back of his mind, bitter emotions clawed to justify his actions - his perverse dance with the darkness had saved Kaska. Or so he believed in the depths of his consciousness.

The Jedi skipped her name and pressed to dial.

Dagon's form would manifest in flickering blue. Exhaustion and guilt in his eyes, blood, mud, and soot permeating his face. In the background, the opening of a war tent revealing ruin and destruction as the muffled echoes of battle snuck into his words:

"Viers is gone." he stated hoarsely, then forced a stoic voice akin to his master's Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder , "She was last seen during the battle of Serenno fighting a Sith. A frie-" he paused, then quickly corrected himself, "-the Imperials believe she has been abducted. Their Armada has been working on triangulating routes and destinations of all Sith-Imperial ships that had departed off-world during the battle." Dagon narrowed his eyes as he looked at each of the three companions on the other side, "I am gonna need your help." he said with slight hints of reluctance. His fiasco on Generis still a fresh wound.

Viera Viera | Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec | Violet Horne Violet Horne

Last edited:
Prior to the Rescue,
Elsewhere in the Galaxy

It wasn’t uncommon, that when Dagon called it meant one of two things. He wanted to gather the group together for something, or it was a call to battle. So when Viera saw the caller ID pop up on her device, she was already on the move when she answered.

Sithspit.

The Thyrsian looked away to conceal the expression that crossed her face in that moment. Viera knew she should’ve gone with Viers to Serenno. The younger Jedi was skilled, but also overconfident. She could bounce back onto her feet after a slip, but there was only so many times you could do that before your legs were pulled from beneath you.

I’m already on the move…” Viera’s holographic form shifted from a full head to toe image, to one that cropped just below her shoulders. “I can get my ship ready in a bit, are we going to all rendezvous at Dagon’s location, or should I pick everyone up?

There was a fire in the Thyrsian’s eyes, a determined expression that was unwavering. After Generis she had become protective of Viers, and she couldn’t shake the slight sinking feeling in her stomach. “Do we know anything about who might’ve taken her, who Viers had fought on Serenno?

Viera’s holographic visage gradually ‘fizzled’ out as she became increasingly animated where she was. It returned shortly after, with a tied up bag hoisted over her shoulder. “It’s going to be tricky tracking down a single ship, even with all that data…” Viera paused as she tried to think of something, until an idea cropped to mind as her eyes landed on the blonde librarian. “Aeris, you got any ideas?” If there was anyone in their group that knew the Corellian well enough, it was Aeris.

Last edited:
Viera Viera // Viers Connory Viers Connory // Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze // Violet Horne Violet Horne // Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

A moment of tranquil meditation, interrupted by the beeps of a holographic device that wanted attention. Green eyes opened to the blinding lights of a world she had not been present in for the last few hours. A weary sense of foreboding fell upon her as she answered the call and saw Dagon before her. A long sigh swept through her nose and out her mouth. Of course it was Viers. Aeris stood up and immediately began to move, left her items in the meditative chamber and began to make way to her own quarters.

“I will check her room before I head out.”
Aeris nodded and stepped into an almost spartanic room. Bookshelves were scattered along the walls, all neatly decorated. The most defining point of interest was a small armchair situated right at the center of it. One of the wardrobes opened and the Knight quickly threw the duffle over her shoulder.

“Just send me the coordinates, I will be there in twenty-four.”

370d9lz.png

"You don't have to yell." Alina opened the door to the medical wing. She was dressed in pretty simple clothing compared to the earlier fight. Tank, slacks. Her arms stayed crossed over her chest as she watched Viers Connory Viers Connory struggle against the bonds. There were too many questions in Alina's mind, but first.. She stepped over without a word, casually undoing the binds. Letting her move without Alina knowing was a way for the girl to likely try and sabotage the ship or something.

Then she sat down. Just in a chair close by. She leaned back lazily, arm draped over the back. "We're still in hyperspace, so you're not going anywhere. That, and I can survive space. Try anything and the room gets depressurized." Viers was still a Jedi, an enemy. One who's name she didn't even know. "You've healed pretty well, all on your own. You're not human. Explains why I couldn't make you a Sangnir." It would of made all of this much easier. Controlling the Jedi, making it impossible for her to lie or something of the same.

Then again, what good would that bring? Alina's gaze drifted off, staring to the side as she chewed her cheek for a moment.

"I am not going to stop being a Sith. There are people I care for that I will do anything to protect. But.. Sith are full of monsters. My solution is to become the strongest and make them bend the knee, but that won't last long." Her lips thinned. She was saying a lot, and to the enemy no less. Why was it always the Jedi she could be truly honest with?

".. The battle's over, so I have no intention of hurting you. So tell me what you would do." There was another pause before she cleared her throat.

"Oh, and I'm Alina."

//: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Violet Horne Violet Horne //: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec //: Viera Viera //:
An eyebrow raised as the blonde entered the medical room, scolding her that she didn’t have to yell. Viers thought otherwise but stopped her shouting. With her lips sealed, Viers listened intently to the words coming from the Sangnir’s mouth. Everything she said just made the padawan more confused about her predicament. Though, there was a flare of anger that made her want to lash out. “You tried to change me? Into what you are? Without CONSENT?” Her face showed her exasperation, her mouth open as she scoffed at the thought.

Viers relaxed the moment the bindings were released - she could run somewhat, but instead, she stayed and watched the Sith. She continued to talk, sharing her views more than what was shared on the battlefield. Still, none of it made sense. Viers had fully expected to be interrogated, among other things, after being taken by a Sith.

Maybe they decided to change their methods. “So you’ve decided that becoming what they are is better than being their counter and defeating them.” Shaking her head, Viers chuckled softly. “That makes no sense whatsoever. You’re just going to continue this cycle of nonsense. We all have people we care about and want to protect.” Lips pressed together, she stopped herself from elaborating. Her head was still woozy from the loss of blood, but she was coherent enough to know when she would say too much.

“Anyways, I’m pretty human. I’m from Corellia, but I was raised elsewhere. So I don’t know what you’re going on about, but maybe I had a vaccine or something when I joined with the Jedi in the core.” Viers waved her hand, trying to brush aside any thought that she could be anything other than human. Silence fell between them again as Viers tried to think of something to answer the introductions. Right now, she didn’t feel comfortable giving the enemy her name, so instead, she blurted out the first name that came to her mind. “I’m Dagon...na - Dagona.” Viers shrugged and gave the vampire a crooked smile. The smile faded as quickly as it came, "As for what I would do? I'd fight really. I mean what else is there to do? Hiding away doesn't do anything - if they want to find you they'll find you. But I'd never become the thing I'm trying to stop. I'd never fall to that level." Pausing, Viers looked away and at her beaten field jacket. "It's not how I was raised and not who I am."

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

Yeah, it was probably best she hadn't had the ability to change Viers Connory Viers Connory . If she had, well. This would be a much easier conversation, but not a real one. Alina listened in silence to everything the Jedi had to say. She had a point, in some things. No, all of it made sense. Except for the human. There was no way she was just human with how quickly she healed. If Veirs didn't want to accept that, though, who was Alina to try and make her?

"I was raised to be a trophy wife until it became impossible for me to be. Then I was to be killed." Was it that easy to just fight? In a way, she had. By killing her mother. "I'm not strong enough to just beat them. And I'm not hiding. I need power. Influence. I.." Alina's form shrunk inward as she pulled her knees up to her chest. For once, she actually looked like barely adult woman she was. Nervous, uncertain.

"Where do you want me to drop you off."

//: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Violet Horne Violet Horne //: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec //: Viera Viera //:
Viers wanted to scream. The Sith was nothing like how she was on the battlefield and as she spoke, telling her tale. Viers found herself finding sympathy for her. The thought made her sick, both feeling sorry for the Sith and the reason for her existence before this. Sighing softly, Viers felt herself relax a bit against her gut feeling. Alina was dangerous, she could kill at any given moment, but Viers figured she was safe right now.

“Couldn’t anymore?” The question came as her hands lifted to her mouth, and she dangled her index fingers, mimicking fangs. “Was it cause of this?” She wiggled the fingers to emphasize her question. Hands falling, she shrugged and looked away. If the Corellian stared any longer at the inwardly drawn Sith, she would continue to develop that sympathy for her enemy.

She couldn’t do that at any cost. Another heavy sigh escaped the Padawan’s thin lips. “Seems both of our parents had other plans for us.” She shrugged at the comment realizing that she said more than she should have. A part of her wondered deeply about her mother’s choices, whether it was because she was forced to leave her as a child or if she just didn’t feel like being a parent. Either way, it changed nothing.

Viers’ head snapped to attention as she looked back at Alina. “Drop me off? What do you mean by dropping me off? Getting tired of me because I couldn’t join your bloodsucker gang?” Frowning, Viers didn’t know if her outburst was out of sheer surprise at the question or if she was actually offended that Alina was ready to get rid of her.

Groaning, she figured anywhere in the Core was a bad idea along with anywhere in Concord space. Remembering some planets on the outskirts of the sith territory was free, she sighed again. “Concord Dawn if possible. Last I heard, the Mandalorians were losing traction in that area - we-- I mean, you could slip in undetected.” Silence and then a question.

“Why didn’t you kill me? I was out cold - no reason to drag me onto your ship or give me medical aid.” Viers stared hard at Alina, the girl’s actions baffling the Jedi more and more.

370d9lz.png

Alina stared blankly at Viers Connory Viers Connory for a moment. It took a second for her to figure out just what the padawan was referring to. A brow raised right up as she mulled over what the fingers could mean. Oh. Fangs. She snorted and shook her head. "No. I became the next in succession." Because her sister died. She didn't share that. Hell, she was already sharing too much. It wasn't hard to tell the Jedi was on edge, ready to strike or defend herself for any reason.

It still didn't make sense why Viers couldn't be turned. Then again, there was a lot about being a Sangnir that Alina still needed to learn. But actually hearing the Padawan get defensive over that threw Alina off. Wasn't she supposed to be happy it didn't work? Didn't she not want to be a prisoner? None of that made sense. But at least she named a world.

Concord Dawn would work well.

She got up silently from where she sat, turning to leave. She could chart a course there easily, though that also meant dropping out of hyperspace to change direction. At the door Alina paused. She didn't look back, but she did answer before slipping to the cockpit to start plotting the course.

"I'm tired of seeing children die."

Watching Alina, Viers frowned. She wasn't the same person the padawan met on the battlefield. No. This person was scared of something and had ideas that could make her a Jedi. It only confused Viers further.

Viers pondered her situation and chewed the inside of her cheek as she typically did when deep in thought. Was she capable of striking down the Sith? While she was unarmed and unaware? The choice weighed heavily on the youth. Alina had shown her a rare kindness. If Viers took the chance to strike, it would rid the galaxy of one more Sith and one more source of evil.

"I'm tired of seeing children die," Alina spoke after a pause. The sound of pain rolling off the Sith's words derailed the padawan's train of thought. In all of her lessons growing up, the Sith relished in the suffering and death of others. "What?" Viers spurted in her confusion, fingers digging into the medical chair's duraplast cushion. Silence was the only answer given as the Sangnir made her way towards the cockpit to set the course.

Once again, Viers found her mind trying to connect thoughts to memories. The Sith was debunking everything she had learned. Was her mission all for naught? "No." She reassured herself quietly. Nothing would change, not now - not ever.

Viers slid from the seat, her feet touching the ground and supporting the aching weight of her exhausted body. She groaned slightly, hands resting against her thighs, almost regretting standing up. There was a feeling in the Force, one that she had learned to follow, that told her she wasn't far from the planet she had given Alina. Concord Dawn, for some reason, popped into her head. Viers paid it no mind and shrugged as she slung the battered and worn field jacket over her slender frame.

With every step, exhaustion, and pain coursed through her muscles, the padawan assumed it had to do with the failed attempt at turning her. She stopped at the base of the doorway and placed a hand on the panel. Using it as balance support, Viers lifted herself to the balls of her feet and bounced slightly. Blood circulation began to warm up the muscles, loosening them so at least she could walk normally and without much pain.

It didn't take the Corellian long to find the cockpit; at times, she wondered if ship maps were flashed into every Corellian's memory when they were born. Viers stopped just past the door, leaning against the adjacent wall, her arms crossed and her throat cleared. "Ahem," she started trying to find some courage to continue. "If you're tired of seeing children die, then stop - do something different than the brutish ways of the Sith." She spoke calmly, differently than before. "Children die because the people that they depend upon for protection die. Did you think of that? Did you even think of it when you were draining Serenno like you were?" Viers turned her head, regretting her choice of words as they brought a painful memory to the forefront of her mind. "This galaxy is chit."

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

She was moving. Alina didn't just forget that there was what amounted to an enemy on her ship. The sensor went off as Viers Connory Viers Connory reached the door. Really, the girl should be laying down, or at least sitting. It's not like Alina kept spare blood on the ship. Well, spare medical use blood. Given how much she stumbled Alina was almost tempted to get up and assist the girl.

But it was obvious where she was heading.

Alina didn't look back to the Padawan as she entered the cockpit. There were too many emotions on her face that she simply couldn't control. "In the Sith children die because their masters don't protect them. They're expected to fight and survive, or die because they're too weak. And the light sided zealots you align with have no issue cutting them down." Anger. She took a breath, trying to calm her mind. Viers was right, though. She devoured those already dying. It was born from desperation, but now? She didn't need to to fight Viers.

Power corrupted without restraint. "If you kill the Empire, that's more children dead. The Sith won't die, they never do. The only way to change it is to change them. I.. Want to change them. Everyone starts out weak. If they're not given the protection to grow, they'll just die. I can't leave them, they'll just.." She was stuck between a rock and a hard place, that much was obvious.

"You need to rest. You lost a lot of blood."

Viers put most of her weight against the wall, welcoming its support.

The conversation continued where they had left off, the padawan forcing the Sith to elaborate on her reasons behind her words. "In the Sith, children die because their masters don't protect them. They're expected to fight and survive or die because they're too weak." Viers listened intently, feeling the vibrations of anger rolling off the Vampiric woman through the Force.

With Alina's strained tone, Viers could hear the woman trying to keep her composure. "And the Light sided zealots you align with have no issue cutting them down." Fingertips pressed into the padawan's upper arm; she had heard of the claims that the Jedi had committed atrocities of war against the Sith and other enemies. She remained quiet, blowing hot air from her nose in an attempt to quell the burning frustration building in her chest. As much as Viers chose to fight along with Dagon and the others, to know he ran with charlatans that bastardized the Jedi Code worried her. They bent the words of protection and honor to their will, justifying evil.

Viers bit her lip as she kept herself from cutting Alina's words off. She wanted to hear everything. If understanding Alina allowed her to, in the end, defeat her or even prevent something more from happening, it was worth the conversation. There was nothing that the Sangnir could say that would sway Viers from the inevitable.

It was her vow and her duty to strike down monsters like Alina.

The woman continued, and when she finished, Viers waved her hand nonchalantly. "I'm fine." Her voice did its best to hide the fatigue as she straightened her posture against the wall. "They're not Jedi, and they do not belong to the light." She started after a moment of silence. "They're imposters claiming Ashla guides them." Viers shook her head, "They're not my allies." Rumors of the Jedi using the dark side of the Force, succumbing to it in moments of stress echoed in the Corellian's mind. Tight lips parted slightly as her voice lowered, barely audible. "They'll be purified…"

Catching herself, Viers quickly spoke, "My allegiance is to someone and someones - it's not to the Jedi Order." Viers shrugged and finished, "You don't have to leave on your own - take them with you, the Empire is dying - while it might not seem that way now, your masters, your Emperor toys with things beyond his understanding. If he continues, he'll bring forth something that none of us can stop."

"Many more children will die if he and his corrupt bloodline aren't stopped."

370d9lz.png

"Take every single child from the Empire? Take the children that have yet to even be born?" That was the only idea she could latch onto from what Viers Connory Viers Connory said. To think of there being good Jedi and bad was just going to add another layer of confusion to the turmoil already in her mind. She couldn't do anything about what seemed like a brewing civil war with the Jedi.

"There are so many who need help that you will never see. If I leave the Empire to die, I'm leaving them to die. I'm not fighting for just the people important to me. Our Empress understood that. But she.. She's gone. All we have now is Prazius, and he's little more than a puppet of Carnifex." There was an anger there that didn't seem fitting for a Sith loyal to the Empire.

"I will change the Sith, and I won't stop fighting or run away." It was little more than a child's fantasy. This was the only life Alina had ever known. That had ever made her feel more than nothing. And yet, so empty. Her hands tightened on the controls for a moment longer, then she dropped them and fell back into her seat. She was silent for a moment, taking back control from her emotions before she stood and stepped past the Jedi back towards the living quarters.

"You're going to pass out if you stay up. I don't carry anything on this ship to actually heal someone not like me. And whatever you are prevented me from being able to heal you myself. Go sit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom