Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning first hand. (Full)

Yavin.png

Ace relaxed on his bond-mates shoulder as he traveled through the forest of Yavin IV. Vulpesen had come to the planet with his padawan, @[member="Riddick Rossdale"] in hopes that the two might find a forgotten artifact or holocron in one of the Massassai temples. For the jedi shadow, it was just another normal day on the job, but he was sure that Riddick hadn't been on such a mission before and was hoping that the student would learn something from the experience. After a simple landing and a small journey from his ship, Vulpesen had amanged to lead the two man team just a few minutes away from the temple. Without much farther to go, the jedi was already starting to get a few small senses of his prize.

So far, he had been mildly impressed by the forested surface. In truth, it reminded him of the forest on his home world of Amar. Of course, Amar had was far less forested that this place, but that did little to stop the nostalgia. Giving his head a light shake to return his attention to the present time, Vulpesen reached up and idly started to pet his Ashlan Wolf. "You know, this planet once had a jedi academy on it, and was actually a turning point in one of the ancient wars." He was referring of course to Master Luke Skywalker's academy and the Galactic civil war which had occurred about 800 years ago. Having had access to a large library as a child, the jedi was fairly well versed in his history of the planet as well.
@[member="Nessarose deWinter"] @Vanessa Nacht Seele

@[member="Vulpesen"]

This was the first time Riddick had been on any other planet in his life " Really?" He said looking at his mentor with his bright green eyes, that seemed brighter green now among all the trees and other nature things. " it's a really pretty planet " he said as he looked around some.

Yavin IV. A very, very interesting place, that was for sure. Massive forests were sprawled out on it's surface, littered with temples here and there. Many of which had been very important in Jedi and Sith history. 'Course, I only knew that thanks to all the time I've been spending on the holonet. Amnesia plus a several year coma doesn't do much for the mind. It was amazing how much I had managed to learn already. What I had found out made me want to scope these forests out. Maybe hunt for some sweet relics. Perhaps even run into some other scavengers and test my skill against them. I grinned at the thought, hand instinctively going to the hilt of my silver-bladed lightsaber. The blade was fairly new. Circe had only let me make one a couple weeks ago. Luckily for me I already knew about swordmanship. Just, er, not much about special glow sticks with 'magic' energy thingies.
"Oi, maybe I shouldn't be using this yet..." I shrugged casually before leaping from one tree to another. My boots hit the branch with a little 'umph'. They went specifically made for climbing or hiking... Luckily for me, I'm a Morganian. Balance, flexibility, and speed is what we're good at. Well, those plus making alcohol... Speaking of- Wait, what was that? Something had stirred inside me, what I presume is the force. There were more people on Yavin IV, and they were close. Trusting my gut I jumped from branch to branch, sometimes having to do a little swing on one to get to the next. Whoever they were, I wanted to meet them. Depending on who they were, I'd likely either fight them or have a long discussion on various topics.
Weird, I know. But this is me we're talking about here.
@[member="Vulpesen"] (Vulpy) @[member="Riddick Rossdale"]

The knight nodded, enjoying the wonder of his padawan. "I have to agree with you on that point." It was good to see the sheltered one was getting used to his surroundings, even if they did seem to leave him a bit star-struck. Somewhere in his mind, Vulpesen was wondering, Was I like this when I left home for the first time? The chances were quite high when one considered his overall nature. In fact, he'd have likely been worse since his first time was likely at a very young age. "Perhap's when we're done we can do a little expl-" His saber staff flicked into his hand and Ace growled by his ear. "Prepare yourself and cautiously move towards the temple." His voice dropped considerably as he spoke. Something dark was here. He could feel it. Whoever it was, it disturbed the animals around them and though Vulpesen was fairly certain that he himself could beat them, he didn't want to endanger Riddick. The boy was trained, but had barely entered the second circle. No, he'd prefer it if @[member="Riddick Rossdale"] didn't enter a fight for some time, even if lesseons were learned by experience. There were some things he didn't want the boy to learn... such as what it feels to have one's arm lopped off by a saber. On a more positive note, Vulpesen could only sense one opponent for now, but that was still a cause for concern.

@[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"] @[member="Nessarose deWinter"]

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Riddick blinked but nodded as he did as he was told. He looked around with his green eyes wondering what was going on, but he remained quiet as he never question what he had been told. Riddick moved quietly staying light on his feet so he did not make any sound as he walked.

Shiny was coming down fast, and one usually bubbly and happy queen was now drenched in sweat as she grabbed the wheel, trying to keep her spaceship from crashing ever so terribly. She broke the planet's atmosphere, dropping at a rate of ten meters a second, trying to hit every button that was there. Generally not the wisest of moves, but there was hardly much more she could do at present state. Previous experience would suggest that it was something that had gone wrong with the engine, but Nessarose deWinter was no mechanic, and at present, she was soon-to-be-shishkabab.

Normally, she would have used her entourage at a moment like this. A group of twelve Force Users could've landed this ship like a feather. But lacking that, all she had was herself, and at this speed... She was simply going to have to do whatever she could.

Running/bouncing/dropping to the ship's cargo bay, Nessarose ripped the chains that held three of the human food she kept around for emergencies. Within moments they were gone, their very life force and essence drained from them like water from a glass on a hot day. What remained could barely even be recognized as human - decaying matter, gray and ashy.

Closing her eyes, the Sith Sorceress focused. She didn't have to make a perfect landing. She just had to not-crash, and preferably come out of it okay. Sweat ran down her back as she vied for control of the drop speed. Five meters a second. She was going to run out of meters between air and ground at this rate.

But it was working. Almost too slowly, but it was. Four meters a second. Nessa's usual rosy cheeks were a deep red now, the glow of her eyes intensifying, becoming stronger. Three meters. She was screaming now, trying to use all the power at her disposal to just. Keep. The ship. Intact. Two meters. If only her brother or father or godfather were there. Or anyone with power equal to hers. One meter.

Holy Force, one met-

CRASH.

Shiny landed atop of there jungle trees, the pretty black paint scratched and dented in too many places by the trees. Nessarose flew forward with the impact, hitting her head on the controls, and the world became black.

@[member="Riddick Rossdale"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

Vulpesen's head turned to see the crashing ship. "Alright, we are definitely not alone! Ace check it out." Vulpesen pointed off to the distance an watched as his wolf leaped off to run towards the crash site. "I've got a bad feeling about this. Riddick take notes, when a jedi has a bad feeling, its often times a good hint that something equally bad is up ahead of them." Ace's link would alert Vulpesen upon the first meeting with Nessarose, thus the jedi's main source of suspence was currently from @[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"].

@[member="Nessarose deWinter"] @[member="Riddick Rossdale"]

A starship. Crashing right into the planet. Ooh, interesting. It was safe to say my curiosity was piqued. "Let's see what all this ruckus is about now, shall we?" I asked, painfully aware that there was no one near enough to hear me. Well, maybe a few animals. Without further adieu I headed towards the smoke trail with a little grin on my face. I was sure that it wasn't terribly far away at this point. Maybe another minute or two of dashing about. Eventually I had to go back down to the ground, the branches to thick and large in amount to get by. It honestly felt a little weird at first. I adjusted rather quickly, to my surprise. That was about when I saw a flicker of movement up ahead. From the looks of things, it wasn't whoever had crashed. No, there was someone else. Interesting. "Hm.. Who else is here?" I muttered before continuing forward. It wouldn't be long before the people would be able to see me... or sense me.
@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Riddick Rossdale"]

" mentally noted... I to suddenly have a very cold feeling in my spine, I don't like it" He said looking around. then looked back at Vulpesen "What is this, I feel... So cold." he said Running his hands threw his shaggy hair a tad nervous.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

"The force will warn you of conflict, things that may do you harm. Always trust it to tell you when something is off, but also try to keep your reactions to the situations. We needn't bring a breaching charge when a key is available." Ace hadn't reported yet, and the previous presence was shifting. No doubt the playing field was beginning to change and being a shadow, it was only natural for Vulpesen to meet the competitors. "Come on, let's greet our guests." Moving onward, Vulpesen followed into Ace's tracks.

@[member="Nessarose deWinter"] @[member="Riddick Rossdale"] @[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

As usual, I was acting as the competitive type. I didn't even know who was up ahead, yet I already wanted to beat them to the crash site. Attempting to stay as quiet as possible I ran forward. My pace quickened (not hard thanks to, well, you know, space elf) and I started catching up. That's when I realized there were two people in the group. Neither of them seemed familiar to me. But their presence was far, far different from Circe's. Was this the whole lightside/darkside of the force? Was that what was making them feel different?... I wonder what feeling I give off... Shaking my head I let out a low sigh. Now was not the time to ponder my moral alignment. Now the explorers (or whatever they were) were fairly close. If they hadn't realized I was there before, they would now.
@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Riddick Rossdale"]

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

Riddick blinked " now i know we're not alone " he said feeling a cold chill down his spine as he paused for a moment looking around as he again brushed his hair out of his face.

As Tye approached Yavin IV in his Valorian he thought to himself "what better way to learn more ways of the actient force than by going to an ancient Jedi tomb besides that's how I learned some of my powers anyways by drawing on the force of the past." As Tye entered the atmosphere he immediately felt 2 large presents one was dark and powerful and the other more light hearted but dangerous. *sigh* "so I guess I won't be the only ones here.. Whoever those two are I need to stay clear from them and I need to enter here quietly because obviously something already bad has happened since there is this smoke." Tye started looking for a clearing and found one about a mile away from the crash sight and two miles away from the temple. He landed his ship and exited the Valorian. When he did Tye threw on his black cloak that fell to the floor and his black mask with a golf T in the middle so people won't be able to identify him. As he exited he noticed another dark presents racing towards the crash site and on the other side was two light forces one was more prominent than the other one, but the other one was still there. "Alright there focused on the larger dark force so this is my chance to find some information about force powers in this archive or at least some artifacts that could help me." Tye used force speed to sprint quickly over to the ruined Jedi temple.

Hasjo Hallu, Jedi Padawan and advocate of a Jedi Starfighter Corps, had been following [member="Nessarose deWinter"]'s trail as she descended through the atmosphere. He reached over, thumbing a button to activate the deflector shields. There were two joysticks on the craft. The left controlled acceleration and deceleration. The right controlled movements. He pulled back the left joystick and threw forward the right, throwing his Delta-7 through the atmosphere after the crashing vessel. He had been performing a sweep of the system when he detected the aircraft. He had been in the process of setting up a communication link when the vehicle began to rapidly descend. Now he was speeding towards it to catch up. He reached over the dashboard and swiped across the holographic displays, sending out a frequency to Republic personnel on Yavin 4 "This is Padawan Hallu. I've detected a spacecraft on a collision course with the planet, repeat. I've detected a spacecraft on a collision course with the planet. This is a crash landing. Code Three-Eight-Bee. Occupants unknown." He spoke into the earpiece that radio'ed his astromech. "R9, activate sensors for a wide sweep. I don't want any other vessels - unless Republic Authorities - to get near that ship."
R9-LH chimed, whistled and tweeted happily as he obeyed the commands. The hologram display within the cockpit now showed a small radar display. The individuals on the ground were too small to detect, but the other aircraft wasn't. Hasjo was forced to pull up, kilometres away from the vehicles. His eyes danced over the red ship, illuminated on his dashboard and turned his Delta-7 around. "Patch a communication link to that vessel, R9"
R9-LH set off a series of short burst whistles and the link was established. Or so it had been, for no longer than a second and the open channel vanished. "What happened" Hasjo asked, R9 responded with a quick tweet. "What do you mean something disrupted it?" R9 once more chimed. "Magnetic interruption" he repeated the droid words in basic. It was a rare occurrence but every so often it would happen. Right now, at the worst possible convenience. "R9 set a trajectory for that vessel. Keep a distance of 4.5 clicks. I don't want them to see us until they land. When and if they land, organise an approach vector between that vessel and the crash site." The dashboard began to formulate the codes the droid was entering into the system. Displaying the exact speed of the Delta-7 and it's flight course. Hasjo relaxed into his seat, his astromech now controlling the flying. He gazed over the unknown ship, puzzled. He'd never seen anything like it before. When it descended into the jungles, so too did his slim starfighter. The hatch popped with a familiar hiss of escaping oxygen.
Hasjo reached across, unbuckling the X shaped harness across his chest. "R9, activate a scan for lifeforms. You know the standards. I don't want you to pick up insects and animals again like last time." He chided his droid with a slight smile, but still a voice of deadpan seriousness. He glanced over the display, murmuring the words 'odd' as he watched three lifeforms moving towards the crash site, and the recently landed aircrafts pilot moving towards the Jedi temple. He climbed out of his Delta-7 and disrobed the thick, brown woollen robes the Jedi were known to frequently wear. He now stood in a tight fitting brown and tan tunic and trousers. A very small hilt of a lightsaber attached to his belt. "R9, keep the vehicle on standby and maintain an open link on me. I want you ready for anything." R9-LH glanced around with his large, sensory eye, appearing nervous as Hasjo raced off into the jungles after [member="Darth Valor"].

@[member="Riddick Rossdale"]
@[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]
@[member="Vulpesen"]

As Vulpesen moved on the force alerted him of another presence in the distance. He was always attuned to the living force adn this was no exception. However, that didn't mean he didn't have other concerns. Ace double back and check the disturbance behind us. As his smaller companion followed orders, Vulpesen passed the miniature wolf, only to arrive on the crash site from where he could hear a buzz his comlink as @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] contacted him. "Vulpesen Torrevaso here with padawan @[member="Riddick Rossdale"]. Listen, I know your intentions are good but I'm afraid my current mission is in peril. There is a nearby temple and I would appreciate it if you went out to stop my competition. You may find a small blue wolf. That's Ace and he's with me. If you meet him, Ace will lead you to the disturbance." Ok, maybe this mission wasn't compeltely by the books. Things were getting a bit out of hand and now Vulpesen was doing whatever he could to stop the trouble that was befalling his mission.

Ignoring the probing sense that @[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]'s inspection gave him, Vulpesen moved carefully over to the pod. The sense was strange. It held the dark side, yet it was far from the normal sinister that he was used to. Applying the force to his voice for a rousing effect, he sppoke out to @[member="Nessarose deWinter"]. "Excuse me, but are you alright?" His hand naturally drifted down to his saber. He didn't want to get himself skewered if she happened to hold a saber as well, but he certainly didn't want to jump the blaster and cut her down when it would be just as productive to show her the famed jedi compassion.

"Hmm someone else is here... By the feel it's a padawan and they are of the light faction. None of the less I can't let him get in my way." He turned around to face the power and put both hands up and focused his power into his hands and released a powerful force push destroying trees and sending dirt, rocks, and shards of split trees hurdling towards Hasjo. "Even though this looks dangerous it really isn't it's just a simple gush of wind on the ground to destroy the ground it lay apon which sent enough dirt and rocks and a little bit of tree debree to start a ripple apon the other ground and trees creating the mere illusion of how powerful I am. Even if he doesn't fall for my illusion he will still have to dodge and I can manage a little bit farther ahead." Tye then turned around and reactivated force sprint to move even closer to the temple.

Hasjo could see [member="The Kelly"], he was gaining on him. Then he stopped, and Hasjo felt it. A massive gust of wind came hurtling towards him, stones and soil thrown into the air. He braced himself, throwing his shoulder against the blast. He held against the storm, his feet having dug into the ground from the sheer pressure of the push. He reserved his energy, following after him in a jog. The man wasn't running to escape, no, he was running to the temple. Hasjo would let Tye's fatigue set in before opening in combat.
Hasjo crossed streams and gracefully moved over thick roots. He came upon a clearing. He still hadn't seen sight of Ace. Before him lay sprawling the Jedi Temple.

Tye stopped realizing that this would never work. "Hmmm how to stop a Jedi dead in his tracks... I'll have to fight him.. But when I do knock him on conscious I will leave him be." Tye drew his sword holding it with both hands. Screaming at the top of his lungs "I don't wish to fight you but I will if I must!"

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Riddick stay close to Vulpesen, remaining quiet and alert to his surroundings. At the crash site he looked around wondering why it had crashed to the ground in the first place, yet he just remained silent for the time being.

Hasjo broke into a sprint as he spied [member="Tye Kelly"]. His hand reached for his lightsaber, thumb sliding down the hilt to activate the green plasma with a reassuring 'psschh'. He recalled what he had learnt as a youngling in the Art of Movement, a higher form of movement trained in the Jedi Order. Allowing higher grades of reflex and agility. Gaining on Tye, he threw aside his emotions and thoughts. Entering a state of pure concentration. He instinctively recalled his training in the Way of the Krayt Dragon, otherwise known as Djem So. He launched a powerful overhead strike, both hands grasping the hilt. He swung down in a brutal arc, attempting to shatter Tye's defence in a single blow. The move was known as The Falling Avalanche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom