Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Leading the "Wise"

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

Tag: Katia Alkas

Looking over some of the papers in the new office he thumbed through the documents and sighed as he sat down and rubbed his temples softly. Why in the world did my brother rope me into this, I know that I wanted to find a job that was a little less dangerous, but I wasn't expecting to have to do paperwork.. The sigh escaped his lips once again, another document in hand as he pulled a new pair of glasses from the desk draw and slid them on.​
Licking his lips he flipped the page and began to mutter the words on the page to himself, some dispute on land between two of the locals, he would have to check into this in the next couple of days. Rubbing his temples he closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. Opening up his eyes he looked around the room, it was pretty stark seeing as he had just moved into it. He would have to add some things in the coming weeks, but for now, he had to get through the backlog that had been left for him. There were a lot of things he had to clean up before he was going to have some smooth sailing here.​
Stewjon was nothing like his him of Courasant, but he didn't mind it, the planet reminded Matthew a little of Naboo, it a sense. It was a little less exotic, with almost a ruggedness to the planet, this fit Matthew well. He had been through a lot in the last decade, and this was definitely a different pace for the man. The main city resembled his home slightly, but it was a lot less. That was all he could think, it wasn't bad but it did make things a little more simple in some aspects, and much harder in others.​
Matthew hit the holocommunicator that was on the desk. "Uhm, can I have some assistance?" As the words left his mouth he put his head on the stack of papers with a sigh, he wished he had a better idea of what he was doing, he didn't even know if he had an aide.​

Katia Alkas

K

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

TAG: Matthew Locke Matthew Locke
WEARING: X

Oh good gracious.

Of all the delegates that she could be appointed aide to, it had to be the village idiot. The Galaxy had a cruel way to reward good and honest work, it seemed.

Not that politics were ever honest, but that's beside the point.

Kat made a face as she sat in front of the computer in the foyer of Viceroy's office. Stewjon wasn't exactly Coruscant, but it still required some sort of management - mostly petty things like land disputes and the authorisation of the odd livestock auction. That's mostly what she put on Mr. Locke's desk this morning.

He had been quiet on those petty matters for far too long now.

And then the comms next to her elbow crackled to life. When her employer asked for assistance, Kat rolled her eyes. Definitely the village idiot.
"I'm on my way, Sir." she said, plastering a smile on her face so that the irritation in her voice was masked.

When she walked into the office, she struggled to not burst out in laughter. He looked so lost that her irritation mostly melted away.

Walking over to his desk, she respectfully went to stand next to him, looking down at the papers and datapad on his desk.
"What seems to be the problem, Sir?" she asked, the smile on her face much more genuine this time.

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

He heard the door open as his assistant stepped into the room. He could see the expression written on her face, and he couldn't blame her. From her point of view, she was likely more worthy of a candidate than he was. The only thing Matt had going for him was the fact that his brother happened to be an Exarch for the Confederacy. He had barely known what had happened to his brother until a few months ago, and now they were back to being the closest of bonds. That was beside the point, in his current predicament he had to learn how to run a planet in a short amount of time, lucky for him he had one of the best assistances anyone could ask for. Katia had a good head on her shoulders, at least he could tell that.​
His eyes looked towards her as he put a small lollipop stick into his mouth, seeing as he couldn't smoke in his office he had it as somewhat of a placeholder, the feeling of something there helping him. "Sorry to bother you, I am having some issues with the land dispute between... Mr. Gremdale and... Ms. Lancaster. I can't seem to find any maps that clearly dictate the borders of their estates, even on some of the older maps. Gremdale's claim is that Ms. Lancaster's grandfather took some of his father's lands, therefore expanding their estate.." A soft sigh escaped Matthew's lips.​
Matthew wasn't a completely daft man, he had some sort of intelligence on him, especially due to the fact that his brother was a decent inventor. Matthew's strength had always come from his brawn, he was a fighter, that is what he had made a living for most of his adult life, but he had to live with the fact that his brother thought he could do this. His eyes looked towards Katia again, "Thank you for putting up with me, I know it must be irritating to watch someone daft try to run a planet, I am in the same boat as you." He muttered almost under his breath, he was appreciative of the work she had done for him thus far and expected he would for much longer to come.​

Katia Alkas

K

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

Kat chuckled at his words.

She leaned against the desk, looking at the papers as he described his predicament. That something this small can become such an issue. It was comical.
"Hmm, let's think about it. You won't find those two old complaining crones' property borders on any maps, because they like to spitball and guess at their ancestors' borders. That doesn't help anybody." she said, a frown creasing between her brows.

She brought her fingers to her chin., the frown deepening.
"What if you give them each a piece of land here and here to shut them up? Then both can be happy and expand the way they want to? It's still part of their old family territories. Blame my grandfather for that little bit of information." she then said, pointing at two different areas on the holomap with a smile at her closing statement.

She looked down at the lollipop sucking man next to her. She closed her eyes in irritation, but a smile still cracked over her lips.
"Sir, aside from this land dispute, have you given any of the other authorisations I have put on your desk?" she asked. "The auction in Kahchino wishes to launch tomorrow. They do need your authorisation on that before they can go ahead." she added.

She had heard of this man's expeditions before he came into office. She realised that she would have to paint some pictures for him regarding matters of state. But how hard could it be to just add a signature to a harmless request? She was not exceptionally versed in security, however, and she guessed that that was where her employer's strengths lay.

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

He nodded as he watched her train of logic on what to do in the situation. His eyes followed her finger as she placed it onto the holo map and he crossed his arms a little as he leaned back in his chair. It made sense, but he didn't want this to become an issue in the future. "We let them have those two bits of land and then... we get a surveyor down there to get some more official territories set." Matthew added before leaning back in his chair and looking over at his assistant. Her points were valid, he just needed some validation of future authority.​
Matthew listened to Katia's suggestion and he handed her a stack of papers that had been set to the side, all of them with his signature on them. "I got the easy ones out of the way first, I hope it is a good day for them tomorrow the weather is supposed to be lovely." Matthew moved onto the next bit of paper that he had to do. He might not be the most competent person when it comes to running the place but he was trying his hardest to clear some stuff out of the backlog. He knew the things that he could glance over and the things that he needed to sit down and look at closer.​
HMatthew glanced back up towards Katia, "Thank you for all of your help Katia, would you possibly join me for lunch today?" Matthew hoped that he could have his assistant open up a little bit, and get to see her personality flow a little bit more, he knew that she was a better assistant than he could ask for, but he wanted to make sure that he was also doing things in good taste and not doing anything that could potentially get on her nerves, he had always tried to be a people pleaser. "If you don't I completely, understand, just know the offer always stands." Most of the time Matt would eat alone in his office, and before that he had always been alone, so some company could do him good.​

Katia Alkas

K

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

Kat cocked her head in surprise as she took the papers Matthew handed her. Seems he wasn't such an idiot as she initially thought. At least he could sign a paper in the correct place.

A smile then cracked over her lips at his positive prospect for the auction.
"You're a better person than me, Sir." she laughed. "These small auctions are so outdated, I feel old just looking at the paperwork."

She had just turned to head to her desk again, when he spoke up once more. She just wanted to tell him that it was, of course, her job to help him with all things of state when his next words made the sentence catch in her throat. She drew a breath then frowned in puzzlement.
"Lunch sounds lovely, Sir. Would you like me to make a reservation somewhere, or should I have it brought up here?" she finally asked after clearing her throat.

It baffled the woman that her boss would invite her to lunch. He wasn't an ugly man - on the contrary. Yet, due to the little she knew about the man, she was wary.

Yet, she gave him a smile and a nod before heading back to her desk in front of his office. While she was sending through her Viceroy's authorisations, she was chewing her cheek. How in Hoth did she get from thinking of him as the village idiot to agreeing to having lunch with him? Yes, he was not the village idiot, so what was his angle?

Sighing, she eventually let go of the thought. She should not be as distrustful of some people. For all she knew, he was completely sincere in his invitation.

She should get out of the political circles - they were making her paranoid.

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

Looking up from his paperwork he gave a chuckle and put his glasses down onto the table and rubbed his chin a little as he nodded softly. "Well I'm not going to get in the way of tradition, I am just here to facilitate and make sure that things run smoothly." Matthew said as he looked up towards his assistant with a chuckle thinking a little about how this auction would go, but he just shook it off, it would be fine, hopefully.​
Matthew pondered her response for a moment, tapping his chin before looking up towards the woman, "You have been here longer than I have, do you have any places you particularly like to go and eat? I am not that picky so don't feel like you have to cater to me anyways." What she didn't know is that Matthew had lost his taste many years ago, so he really didn't mind where they went, he was just trying to be polite, and perhaps make a connection with another person, it had been a while since he had made a closer connection then co-worker.​
As Katia began to make her way out he stood up, "Oh and Katia, I know you're my assistant, but if there is anything you need from me feel free to ask, I may not be the politician you were expecting to have, but I still have some connections. You seem like a lovely person, and I am always willing to help those that are willing to work hard." He gave her a soft smile before sitting back down in his chair, and slid his glasses back onto his face, and began to glance at some more work that was in front of him.​
He knew that he wasn't a conventional politician, but that didn't keep him from trying to be at least decent at the job set before him. It was nothing like getting shot at or getting into a fist fight, but it had its own set of turmoils, and he was lucky enough to have someone like Katia by his side with a good head on their shoulders to guide him through this political landscape his brother had thrown him into.​

Katia Alkas

K

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

A frown creased her brow as she stared at the screen after finishing her administrative duties.

Where in Ninny's name was she to make a reservation? After trying to rack her brain for quite a while, she eventually let out a frustrated huff.
"Screw it." she grumbled before making a reservation at her favourite place - a quaint little seafood café.

She got up and walked to his office once more. The doors sighed open, almost taunting her with their vocals. Yet, a smile graced her features.
"I do hope you are not averse to seafood, Sir." she laughed. "I'm dragging you to a little place my friends and I usually like to visit on the harbour." she then added a little bashfully.

xBJqnB7.png

It was not some A-star restaurant catering for the big wigs. Very few places on Stewjon were. It was a run down planet, if Kat had to be honest with herself. It definitely was not Naboo. But Kat enjoyed the vibe of the little café. It was laid back, no pretenses, good music and they made a killer Burra Fish dish, even if it was not dressed up all fancy.

She just hoped her boss did not expect some airy fairy place on this backwater planet.

Turning to Matthew, her smile was more genuine.
"Their Berbersian Crab salad would put the Naboo hubs to shame." she said before returning the cook's greeting wave. She should probably find some other regular spots, but this one had become a slight tradition.

She was a regular.

Orange-Peel-Black.gif

O B J E C T I V E
H6cra7Y.jpg

With Matthew firmly back in his chair he began to skim through some of his papers that he had to continue to get done, his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose as he glanced over the words his hand resting on his cheek as his eyes continued to scan over the lines, before picking up his pen and wrote something down before signing and stamping it and moving it to the pile of the other completed papers that he had worked on during that morning.​
Hearing Katia re-enter the room his eyes glanced up as he listened to her, "Well it wouldn't be any fun if it was all nice and fancy, I will take anything that you would like to go so if that's seafood, then seafood it is." Matthew gave Katia a warm smile as he said this, standing up, situating his desk a little before he made his way out the door with his assistant grabbing his coat and throwing it over his arm as he left putting a sign advising of a lunch break and will be back later.​
Following his assistant towards the location of this restaurant that she was taking him, he took in the details of the city around him, his eyes looking around at the people and the buildings, making small mental notes to himself as he continued to follow her before they made it to the door, moving ahead of her and holding open the door for her. "Ladies first.". Matthew told the lovely woman flashing her a warm smile before they made their way inside, following a step behind her as his eyes found the chef and he gave a smile looking towards Katia, "Well I trust you that this will be a treat, but this is much nicer than some places I've eaten before, so I don't think this will be very much of a problem." Matthew gave a soft chuckle before he helped her to a seat.​
Sitting down, Matthew began scanning through the menu, reading the names, and then making his way to the description, his eyes glancing up at Katia as he wondered what she was going to get, before clearing his throat, "So what do you like to get what you come here?" Asking Katia he continued to scan through the menu, still finding a list of names that he didn't really understand and was hoping that she could give him some clarity so he could at least enjoy this meal with his assitant, even if it was moe to open her up a little.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom