Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lazy Afternoons

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
1822dea27df8ebaa0881bc03641dc3b8.jpg

tumblr_pdv2rbXDTo1w9q1uyo4_540.gifv

"Another slow day."

Hilal sighed heavily leaning against the table, it's been what 6 hours since she opened up shop and no one came by? Okay scratch that there was that one guy who entered the shop this morning, but he wanted to know where the bathroom was. Hilal spent most of her time tinkering with droids and other weaponry she bought from the nearby junkyard to sell for a profit. They weren't too hard to reprogram considering that many of them were older models but therein lies the problem. These droids and weapons that were bought were decades old making her items nowhere near as good as the competition. Try as Hilal might, the moment a Mandalorian read the types of model that Hilal had for sale, they'll look elsewhere.

"Damn," Hial said taking a look at the BD Unit Droid its hull plating filled with rust. This explorer droid was something Hilal bought for herself when she was trying to talk to her contact about bringing in a fresh shipment. Those Hellfire Missiles sold quickly and she needed to refresh her stock. With their partners the CIS suddenly crumbling, that meant the entire Outer Rim was ripe for conflict and where there's conflict there were contracts waiting for Bounty Hunters. Something that Hilal would definitely profit off of whether it was from her shop or Bounty Hunting. Hilal didn't have many confirmed bounties to her name but she was determined to climb the ranks.

"I just need some creds so I can repair my mech," Hilal mumbled to herself twisting the hydrospanner to screw in the BD-Unit's motivator.

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster

32Np32C.png

M E T A L S M I T H

Tor Valum, Kestri

A good leader is one that is among her people.

The Quartermaster had not been born into any position of power. She had inherited no titles. There had been no kingodm for her to come into. Where she stood now, as the leader of the largest Mandalorian state in the galaxy, had come from over a decade of hard work and dedication to her people. Rebuilding had been slow, but it had bore sweet fruits.

Sometimes it was nice to take the opportunity to take a break from the politics and be among her people, enjoying the fruits of her labor and so many's sacrifice.

The streets of Midtown were lined with vendors and tiny shops, with Mandalorian merchants hawking their wares. The Quartermaster could count near a half-dozen smithies on the same street, but it drew a smile to her face. If there was one thing Mandalorians could never run out of, it was arms and armor. The market atmosphere almost reminded her of Mandalore in the days before the Sith. Hopefully what they would build here would be even bigger and better, even if it was always shadowed by the bittersweet memory of their home.

As she walked past, concealed by a simple robe merely as to not gather attention, she stopped at a stall occupied by a lone young mechanic, fixed over a rusted BD-series droid. The Quartermaster tilted her head as she watched the mechanic fuss with the electronics; droids were not the Forgemaster's expertise, but to earn her technosmith mark she'd proved her proficiency. "Perhaps replacing that faulty motivator altogether would be your best course of action," she suggested kindly to the young woman finally.

Current outfit

Hilal scowled after installing the motivator inside of the BD unit, she remembered finding the little Droid barely functional underneath layers of newer material. While she was waiting for her contact, Hillal saw the poor thing drag itself out of the from one of the large junkpiles. The droid's power supply was leaking, both of his legs were missing, and his eyes were cracked indicating that he could barely see. Yet here he was dragging himself towards Hilal looking up at her with a hopeful gaze. The Droid was broken, lost, and alone, just like Hilal was wondering the streets and trying to make a living for herself.

The young woman picked the Droid up and smiled. "I got you," She whispered to the Droid who gave soft whir of happiness. "You're not going to be alone anymore."

Hilal shook her head continuing to work on the BD-Unit, he was an outdated droid, and Hilal planned on giving him some upgrades, something which he appreciated. Just then, Hilal heard somebody giving her advice about removing the faulty motivator from the BD unit. "The motivator is fine," Hillal said starting to open the BD unit's panel with the hydrospanner. "It's just that his locomotive systems need......"

The young woman froze in place dropping her tool on the BD unit's head the Droid gave a low hum in response stumbling around and falling off the counter. "A customer!" Hilal then gaped at her Droid as he landed on the floor. "Oh no!" Hilal said leaping over the table to pick up the droid. "I'm so sorry little guy!"

She gazed up at the woman who gave her the advice. "Welcome to my shop!" Hilal smiled sheepishly immediately getting up and brushing a few strands of her hair over her shoulder. "Take a look around! There are plenty of high-quality parts at low prices!"

32Np32C.png

M E T A L S M I T H

Tag: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

The young Mandalorian seemed so taken aback at the notion of a customer in her shop that she didn't register the Quartermaster's suggestion, but the metalsmith did not mind. Amused, she indulged the young woman and courteously browsed the shop. It was small and sparse, but it seemed that the young Mandalorian mechanic had made a couple of good finds -- some antique models that were even impressive to have in this day and age.

"These are not bad at all," she finally admitted, tracing a finger along a dusty motivator that had to be at least a decade old. "How long have you been working here?"

Current outfit

The BD Unit continued to stumble on the table, his locomotive systems still out whack. "Hold still buddy," Hilal whispered as she stared at the woman in front of her. "We have a customer."

The young woman flashed an awkward smile placing her hands behind her back. The customer was impressed by her stock which was amazing to Hilal considering that she didn't have any items of quality lately. Hilal had to mod most of the weapons and armor by hand because her supplier was a lazy bum as usual. She raised an eyebrow when the woman asked how long she was working here. An unusual question since the customers Hilal gets just buys a part or two, or request that Hilal modifies their weapons or armor and just leaves. No one cared about the little girl who lives inside her shop and to be honest, Hilal didn't care it was more time to herself and her thoughts.

"Ummmm," Hilal scratched her chin giggling nervously. "I own the place, been expanding this place since I was ten years old."

She shrugged. "It's not every day I get asked that." Hilal said blushing furiously. "May I know what you're looking for?"

32Np32C.png

M E T A L S M I T H

"Ah, so you've been around with us for a while," The Quartermaster said warmly, though under her helmet she pursed her lips. Tor Valum had officially been won from the Yuuzhan Vong nearly a decade ago, though it seemed almost like yesterday. Rebuilding the ancient city had been a slow task, but Mandalorians had never been a people to shy away from adversity, whether it be warfare or labor.

That also meant that the young woman was barely more than a child. Mandalorians officially came at age around the years of thirteen in humans, and the equivalent in other species; but that usually meant many years of following alongside their clan elders before they were truly considered an independent warriors of their Clan. The Sith had ended that though. Now all Mandalorians carried the same responsibilities, whether they were seasoned veterans or children. It panged her heart, but the past could not be reversed.

"Nothing in particular," the Quartermaster answered idly, taking her gaze away from the merchandize to focus on the young mechanic. "Forgive me. I did not ask you your name."

Current outfit

"I'm Hilal of clan Vizsla!" Hilal declared her tone bursting with pride. "I'm a mechanic yes but I dreams of becoming a Bounty Hunter one day. To join my brothers and sisters in taking on new challenges!"

There were of course snags such as Hilal being short and weak for a Mandalorian. She had to endure many taunts even from her fellow Mandalorians on how she didn't fit the profile of what a Bounty Hunter is. "Too short, too weak, can't take a hit." Those words stung because they were true, Hilal was not built like the woman before him. She exudes confidence, Hilal exudes fragility and weakness it was something frustrated Hilal but it won't deter from her dream of becoming a Bounty Hunter.

As the BD-1 Droid continued to scoot around the table, Hilal played her thumbs a bit trying to avoid answering the woman's remark being with the Mandalorians. "Well....." Hilal said trying not to respond but the words were being pushed out from her throat. "I-I was..... Nevermind."

The young woman sighed unable to believe what she was saying. The woman doesn't care about her, no one cared about Hilal's problems being a Mandalorian meant being strong and hard. Hilal was acting soft and idiotic she was a fool. "Sorry about that, I don't think you're interested in talking about me. You wanted to look at my stock yes?"

She placed her hands on her hips. "Ummm may I know your name?" Hilal asked smiling akwardly.

32Np32C.png

M E T A L S M I T H

The Quartermaster smiled faintly at the young one's enthusiasm. To see such unbridled hope. . . it kindled something inside of her that rarely saw the daylight, at least not since the genocide. It was a hope for a brighter future for young Mandalorians like Hilal. But she could sense self-doubt too from the mannerisms that the young mechanic exuberated. Every bright surface has a dark underbelly.

"I am the Quartermaster," the Quartermaster said simply after a moment of considering the words that the mechanic said. She couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the poor girl, alone in a big city. But it was adversity that made Mandalorians strong, she had to remind herself. Not physical strength, though it was helpful, but a strength of a mind that truly made Mandalorians as hard as the iron they wore. "And on the contrary, I'm more interested in you. You sound like you've had your share of hardships, young one. If you'll allow, I would like to listen."

Current outfit

Wait what did she say?!

Hilal was taken aback about what the woman just told her. She..... she was the Quartermaster?! "THE QUARTERMASTER?!" Hilal shouted while the BD unit nearly fell off the table.

The Quartermaster, the keeper of the Mandalorian history and traditions. The best forger in all of the Enclave and the leader to boot. The woman that Hilal has idolized since forever is here..... in her shop. "I-I-I....." Words had failed Hilal and now she was reduced to a malfunctioning Droid just blurting out words. "You are a living legend Miss Quartermaster!" Hilal dropped down on her knee. "To be honest I'm just a girl trying to prove myself among my people."

She could hear nothing but the sound of her heart thumping loudly. How can Hilal ever be worthy to be in the presence of a legend? She was tough and fierce, Hilal had the strength of an Anzellan. To many she was just a little orphan girl who was weak and ineffective. "I'll be honest," Hilal said looking down still kneeling. "To be in a presence of someone like you is a dream, I don't know why would you want to know the story of a weak and fragile Mandalorian."

Hilal looked up her eyes shimmering with tears. "I don't know why you want to know me," she gulped trying to not cry. "I'm nobody, a weakling spit on by my brethren."

Last edited:

32Np32C.png

M E T A L S M I T H

"You do not need to kneel for me," The Quartermaster admonishingly said, albeit with warmth as she motioned for the young woman to stand up. "You honor me with your words, though I would not consider myself. . . a legend." She did pause to reflect on that. If almost out of naivety, she hadn't considered that her position as head of state would cause idolization among the Mandalorian population, particularly the young and lonely. She had worn the mantle of Buir symbolically, but for some, it might be a little more than symbolism.

"You are a Mandalorian," she said gently, trying to soothe Hilal. "We are all different, with our own strengths and weaknesses. Some of us are built to be warriors, and others are not. Regardless, we are all bound by the same creed to support and defend one another. Even if you are physically weaker than your fellow warrior, that does not mean you are lesser."

Current outfit

Hilal didn't expect the Quartermaster to be humble about her legacy, to Hilal she was everything she wanted to be. Strong, brave, a Mandalorian everyone can look up to and recognize as somebody important. The Quartermaster was the person that Hilal thought of when she wanted to forge her armor. To be at least on par with one of the greatest Forgemasters in history was Hilal's dream along with being the greatest Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy of course. "You are a legend," Hilal said getting up and smiling. "There hasn't been a day that goes by where I wanted to cry and give up, but I think of how you took our people and gave us hope."

The young woman clenched her fists trying to keep her lip from trembling. "The Mandalorian creed was the first thing I remember reading," she said. "Even though I want to be a Bounty Hunter, I also want to be a Forgemaster someday. I want to craft the finest armor and the most advanced weaponry in the galaxy."

A smile formed on Hilal's face, her sadness starting to fade away. "I want to contribute to the Enclave," she said. "According to the orphanage that kicked me out. I was born on Mandalore the day the Sith invaded. I don't want our people to be purged again so I came up with new Droid series that can bolster our small numbers in case the Sith ever attack again."

Hilal gulped wondering if the Quartermaster would approve. "You want to see the blueprints?" she asked. "I haven't started building them yet mainly because I'm starting to lay down the foundations for my armor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom