Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Latharran Republic

i don't know how to code
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:
To build a narrative around the planet Latharra.
Image Credit: N/A
Canon: Latharra
Permissions: N/A
Links: N/A

GENERAL INFORMATION
Organization Name:
Latharran Republic
Classification: Government
Affiliation: N/A
Organization Symbol: Aurebesh symbol 'lesh' iconography.
Description: The Latharran Republic is a Representative Democracy with a strong anti-slavery sentiment, as the majority of all remaining inhabitants are or were related to former slaves of the previous syndicates. Though the majority of citizens are generally humanoid, the population in most areas is essentially a melting-pot of various species and cultures from around the galaxy.
The city-states that currently exist are many, but are fairly small (roughly 500-800 square km on average) and are centralized around the largest and capital city-state (roughly 1000 square km).
As a large percentage of those who fought in the war and then took over have the very anti-slavery sentiment, immigration to Latharra is fairly common and welcomed; the second-largest percentage of people are refugees from various other places in the galaxy.
As of now, there are no official alliances with any other governments or leagues, but there will most likely be future alliances with the Rimward Trade League and the Democratic Republic of Pantora.

GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Headquarters:
Latharra
Domain: Latharra System, Kolanda Station
Notable Assets: Kolanda Station

SOCIAL INFORMATION
Hierarchy:
The Triumvirate can only at any point in time be composed of three (3) people. They are essentially at the top in the hierarchy, comparable to a king or chancellor, except the power is split between them equally. This is so no one person can become a dictator, which is important in a republic. Each of the three consuls is voted into power by the senate. Each term is two (2) years, and any one person can only have up to two terms. Each Senator will represent their own city-state, and there can only be one senator per city-state. Senators are voted in by the Assembly by their city-states section. Senator terms last four years, and each one person can only have two terms. The Assembly are the citizens of Latharra, and vote in (and out) the senators.
Membership: Anyone (OOC) can join. There aren't limits on that. Anyone (IC) must be either a citizen or dual-citizen in order to join the government or the Assembly.
Climate: Because of their bad history with trade routes, popular ideals shortly after the war leaned heavily towards staying small and isolated, building up what they had already begun to establish by themselves. In more recent years, the opposite has become more popular, bringing both a ‘let's protect what we have’ ideology and a ‘let’s join the galaxy at large’ ideology to the planet, with both of them butting heads and causing friction. I would not necessarily call it a two-party system, though, as the senators represent their city-states, and not actual political parties.
Curios: Some kind of certificate. Whether it's a birth, immigration, or dual-citizenship certificate depends on the individual.
Rules: The types of things the Republic tends to crack down on the hardest are actions that would harm a person’s autonomy and rights. Slavery is, of course, not tolerated under any and all circumstances. The first laws created with the Republic were those that had to do with a person’s liberties and rights, and the protection of them.
Goals: First established around 200 years ago, the Latharran Republic fights to free itself of the various crime syndicates that had ruled over the years. It is not currently affiliated with any other faction, as it is finally an autonomous planet. Though there are military positions, the main focus of the society remains both political and economic in how it interacts with the rest of the galaxy.

MEMBERS
Anyone who wants to join.
Cessair Berav - Senator of Kolanda

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Latharra has belonged to a great many syndicates and cartels over the years, almost by virtue of where it was located in reference to both Hutt space and the Triellus Trade Route. The last ruling cartel, after they had taken it over from the previous one, were more lenient with the people who were left there than the other cartels, just because they were more focused with drug trafficking than people trafficking. Around six or seven standard months passed with the new ruling cartel when the first official skirmish of the war happened. It had started out as a raid for basic supplies, but quickly turned into the massacre of one of the underboss’ domains.
Weapons came stolen from that raid and other later ones, but as there were no excessively damage-inducing ones, the general terrain of the planet remained undamaged.
The main reason the revolts ended in the not-then Republic’s favor was largely due to their slightly superior numbers, terrain advantage, and their skirmish/hit-and-run tactics.
Shortly after the cartel’s numbers were all but destroyed, the not-then Republic took control of the buildings and assets on the planet. The leader of the cartel’s death marked the official end of the war, and what would be later known as the Assembly got together to create the charter for the Republic, finally claiming Latharra as their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under Review carrying-a-coconut carrying-a-coconut

It's always good to see folks carrying on the proud Chaos tradition of fleshing out planets with next to no canon info about them. I understand that you'd like to keep things vague in order to build things up with the faction you've made. However, this submission might have gone a little too far in that direction. If very little is written here because it's going to be fleshed out later, I'd highly recommend waiting until that happens to submit the government to the Codex. That way you can tell us all the cool things about the Latharrans instead of keeping it all vague. If you still want to submit now, here's what I would like to see in order to get this approved.

• Description: I need more than one sentence to describe a planet-spanning government. In this section, please tell the reader what kind of government it is (seems like a Representative Democracy?) and broadly give us more information about it. It seems that there are city-states on the planet that compose the Republic; tell us about that. It seems like immigration policy and citizenship status are important; tell us about that. Does this government have dealings with other governments, or trade agreements, that are of note? What makes this government worthy of a Codex sub compared to the countless other galactic governments?

• Domain: Presumably the Latharran Republic's domain is Latharra, unless they have lost control of the planet and are in exile. Kolanda Station would be a good fit for Notable Assets.

• Climate: What kind of political drama? Is there lingering corruption after the purge of the syndicates? Are there political parties of note? Is the Republic more open or more isolationist? What makes them unique and interesting?

• Rules: Give us a little more here. Are laws in the Republic strict or lax? What are their rulings on hot-button issues like weapons, controlled substances, the economy, personal liberties, etc?

• History: Again, give us a little more. What was Latharra like before the war? What sparked the war that brought about the Republic? What happened during the three year war?

Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

i don't know how to code

It's always good to see folks carrying on the proud Chaos tradition of fleshing out planets with next to no canon info about them. I understand that you'd like to keep things vague in order to build things up with the faction you've made. However, this submission might have gone a little too far in that direction. If very little is written here because it's going to be fleshed out later, I'd highly recommend waiting until that happens to submit the government to the Codex. That way you can tell us all the cool things about the Latharrans instead of keeping it all vague. If you still want to submit now, here's what I would like to see in order to get this approved.

• Description: I need more than one sentence to describe a planet-spanning government. In this section, please tell the reader what kind of government it is (seems like a Representative Democracy?) and broadly give us more information about it. It seems that there are city-states on the planet that compose the Republic; tell us about that. It seems like immigration policy and citizenship status are important; tell us about that. Does this government have dealings with other governments, or trade agreements, that are of note? What makes this government worthy of a Codex sub compared to the countless other galactic governments?

• Domain: Presumably the Latharran Republic's domain is Latharra, unless they have lost control of the planet and are in exile. Kolanda Station would be a good fit for Notable Assets.

• Climate: What kind of political drama? Is there lingering corruption after the purge of the syndicates? Are there political parties of note? Is the Republic more open or more isolationist? What makes them unique and interesting?

• Rules: Give us a little more here. Are laws in the Republic strict or lax? What are their rulings on hot-button issues like weapons, controlled substances, the economy, personal liberties, etc?

• History: Again, give us a little more. What was Latharra like before the war? What sparked the war that brought about the Republic? What happened during the three year war?

Thank you for replying! I was partially confused about what some of the sections actually were referring to (see: Domain) and this helped clear that and other things up for me. I am going to edit it with more concreteness (I will probably still keep names of members and syndicates vague for aforementioned reasons, though.)

Last edited:
i don't know how to code

Done! Unless there are other things needed. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom