Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late Night Study

A book like this required, nay, deserved reverence when it was read. Domino could feel the darkside contamination emanating from the pages turned by hundreds of sith fingers before where her own near-trembling digits now lay. Finding these six journal fragments bound together by the sixth sith lord to include his writings had been a long time obsession of Domino's. She'd come close only once before, on Tython, but her attempts to turn survivors of her own master's attack a year before on their jedi protectors had given one of the knights the time they'd needed to escape with it and what remained of the holocrons stored there. Then the war had prevented her pursuit of it followed by her five-hundred year sleep frozen on Ilum. Once awoken, she'd despaired. The galaxy was utterly changed and such a delicate artifact had to have been destroyed or claimed, surely lost to her. And yet, here she'd found it at auction. It was almost laughable, certainly absurd, she had still snatched it up, and now it was finally hers.

Later she would sit at her work table with pen and paper and jot down notes and her own annotations and musings, pulling details to research for later, but right now she lay back on the couch in the Sangromancer's lounge with her pet Tuk'ata sprawled around and over her legs. Myunnah had been a gift from the Sith Emperor following her aid against the Republic's invasion on Metalorn and the pup was a welcomed addition to her life. Opening the book, she started at the natural place, in the beginning.

Thank you mister jedi for stating the obvious, journals and texts divided by thousands of years did have different textures and sizes, handwriting too Domino was willing to bet.

Preface by Darth Sidious. Well he brought the journals together so why not? He even added his own which Domino was willing to forgive considering his accomplishments. Luke of course wasted no time in writing in the margins, he's annotated the first page three different times, surprisingly he seems to have little bias in his own notes so far considering he's a jedi writing in a sith's book. If he's being honest he's already given me my first clue to another trove of information. Wayland... Mandalorian space. As for the rest of the forward, Sidious' tone is half gloating and half that of a history teacher giving an overview of an upcoming lecture series. I am gratified to see that he seems to have written this earlier in his reign and had subsequently added his own words on his naivety at the time. He also speaks of several other jedi that have managed to write in these books, hopefully they will be as free with information as 'Luke.' Byss seems to be another place to look into if I can find it. My charts on file seem to disagree on it's precise location, several even claim it was destroyed. If only I were still as close to these events as I was when first attempting to obtain The Book.

Sorzus Syn seems reasonable. She speaks of adapting, moving with the situation while continuously improving oneself in her first pages. I think I would have liked to meet her, one of the first modern lords of the Sith. Back when the title belonged to a species her and the other eleven Dark Jedi were banished after a 100 year war with the order. Was the war really one hundred years? I wonder what sort of technique might have been used to prolong their lives and make it thus. If she says or not, I'm confident that at least Darth Plagueis will have writings on it. If they're not ruined by the jedi or some eager apprentice. Sorzus' continues to explain more aspects of the war, mentioning facets of the fundamental differences between the sides but leaving out much detail. Though even without tactical information or anything specific, I can't help drawing parallels between her time and this one. The order has stagnated while the darkside spreads. The evidence is plain to see. Sorzus' writings and the addition of Yoda's and a Mace's own reveal them to be ridged, inflexible and unwilling to adapt. Is it any wonder that the council has outcast any jedi that has shown even the slighted bit of free will in pursuing the sith?

The information she provides on the Sith Purebloods, while interesting and extensive, will likely prove to be of little use save as one reminder. Just because a species is primitive or isolated by no means makes them backwards in the force or in combat ability. Amulets, now there's a thing. Protective shields, healing, sharpened wits, and invigoration of fatigued muscles, Syn talks about these abilities and more, perhaps with her writings I may soon be able to create my own. She is after all credited with being one of the best artifact creators as well as practitioners of sith alchemy. If her writings can be trusted, she created some truly wonderful and terrifying things.

The Jedi writings continue to argue against Syn's with little to back them up. So far only Luke and Sidious have provided useful insights. I also wonder if there is any relationship between Sorzus Syn and a friend by the same name or if it's just a coincidence. I know there was likely alchemy in his birth. Perhaps his name was a nod to the master of such craft.

Bolt of Hatred, Dark Side Web, Suppress Thought, Summon Demon (Dream Beast?), Reanimate Dead. These five 'spells' are described in Sorzus' book in some detail, along with a direct picture of a partially translated scroll detailing the Reanimate Dead spell which I find highly amusing since that very scroll was auctioned off independently at great expense without Sorzus' notes. The jedi claim that somantic components are unnecessary while Sidious speaks of their potency. Considering the amount of research Syn had put into this and her breakthroughs in many areas, I'm inclined to believe her over the musings of those who speak only from conjecture. However I will put forth an effort to determine the truth of the matter. It's clear that I'll need to seek out both the ancient worlds of the sith as well as modern spell practitioners such as the Dathomir Witches. I wish to have a more solid understanding before i approach the Holocron of Adas. Sorzus writes of him in detail and his is a gatekeeper not to be trifled with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Finished with the first of the ancient texts, for now, Domino stretched and rose from her stool by the workbench. And despite being alone on her ship, she still securely locked the journals along with her own writings away in one of her hidden safes before leaving the room. She'd been hunched over that table for hours reading that book or turned to pull up information on the terminal, referencing charts and her private library. Right now with just reading through Sorzus' writings, she had a dozen stuff she wanted to do or study and no time to do it all in. Giving a whistle for Myunnah who came bounding over to rub on her leg (she already came over Domino's knee and was just a few months old, how much bigger was she going to get?), Domino headed forward to the saloon pod to get some rest before starting on the next section.

No mister Jedi, because the Sith are never at peace, we are always ready for war. Though I would like to prolong our current peace, I know that conflict is inevitable and I prepare for it. Malgus knew that and simply chose to strike first along with the Empire. They knew the Jedi and Republic wouldn't sit by and leave them in peace so they took your advantages away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Domino was again at her workbench on the Sangromancer, this time in another dead zone far away from any planetary body or other star having again cycled through random coordinates generated by her nav-comp. The writings of the Darth seemed to focus on his own military efforts and private thoughts on his experiences. Nothing like Syn's histories and dark secrets but still worth studying for his insights. Who knew, maybe he'd surprise her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
In the thousands of years since the Cold War, the Colicoids haven't fixed their droids' weakness to flanking and mobility as evidenced by their droidekas. For the Sun's own droids I prioritized their mobility in their design. They hunt much like wild animals chasing down prey in a pack rather than a plodding weapons platform. Though they are still best implemented in large numbers when used aggressively. I still keep a squad on board for security when I'm away though.
I think Malgus is a worthwhile read after all, he had a tendency to use every situation to his advantage, allowing his opponents on the field of battle and politically to help him succeed through their own plans and folly. A trait I admire and seek to follow myself. We also share a disdain for politics, fortunately I find myself in the position to be able to ignore the vast majority of it beyond keeping the people happy and my underlings in line. Such is the advantage of being at the top of the pyramid.
Eleena, interesting. A Rutan like myself, I wonder what became of her.
Seems he lost his initial campaign, even the failures of a Sith Master reaffirm my tactical choices as much as his successes. Pin-point navigation, smaller and more maneuverable over hulking, let costly in a loss too should one occur. Fluidity and the ability to adapt to overcome, those are the keys to success. The Harrowers look interesting though, full on capital ships in their time, they'd be heavy cruisers now I think.
There are no more insights of any great importance from his journals save one, a drawing of the 'Dark Reaper' core mechanism. Reconstruction would be impossible and possibly pointless, it does provide an interesting look into energy manipulation. Perhaps combining this knowledge with Syn's talisman drawings and writings could lead me somewhere interesting myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
As tempted as she was to just jump straight into the next book and read from Bane's Rule Of Two, the book that had guided the Sith through their own self-exile and back to power, Domino closed the compilation and left to meditate on the words she'd read so far. She would not forget a lesson learned simply because it was overshadowed by another.

Arrogant inflexible sod. You might be right about Ruusan but your approach to the force is all wrong. Poison? Really? No, you ran and hid, and while that ensured the survival of your teachings, only having one Master-level sith did not make you any more powerful. Andeddu, Revan, Malak, Malgus, Ruin, these people all ruled and fought alongside their allies. You killed yours. Your Rule of two is also dated, again, better to hide with, but not something suitable when I've had Jedi visit me in my office. I also don't think I'll have those learning under me kill each other. It seems wasteful and once the deed is done it lacks the motivation constant competition does. Nor will I promote my own murder, the galaxy can handle that in its own due time. My apprentices can go forth and secure their own place with my blessing, there is no need for a constant test of who's better. I've no interest in it and I wont force myself to destroy the work I've put into training an apprentice when they attack me.

Artificial saber crystals, I must admit that I've wondered at the possibility. Reliance on a hard to find natural occurrence just screams of a potential weakness, something beyond your control, waiting to fail. I already have my sabers, but a ready supply of replacement crystals is lacking. if a 'Brood furnace' and some simple raw elements could correct this, I'd be rather pleased. Bane and Q Vos both claim their blades superior, but I've never seen a saber's blade break. Vos is right about Ilum though, I still find myself rather fond of the place. It's a shame the Jedi hold it again.

It seems we're getting out of Bane's pseudo-philosophy and into actually useful learning. Sabers. Blade locks: fairly standard I think. Pressure grip: defeats the purpose of a blade lock I think but the biology lock aspect of it is interesting. Force activation: another interesting concept, but the concentration required makes me weary. I like to be able to act on the fly, not be tied down to just saber techniques. And a Beskar hilt: I'm not even sure if it's be worth it to track some down. Again Bane is inflexible, we must only use Djem So to fight? I am small, relying on strength alone I would have been dead long ago. Makashi and Soresu are my preferred styles and I've found a nice balance in them. Yes a Jedi's levelheadedness is required, but unthinking combat leads to mistakes. Combined with battle precognition, Trakata, and my dual blades, I can weather any fight to victory or withdrawal. Fluidity, not strength, is my strength.

Again, heavy plate requiring strength just to wear. I much prefer my Vronskr armor. So easy to move in and it allows me to stay flexible, letting my force enhanced strength and speed go from just moving to improving my combat abilities. My PSG MK-1 is heavy armor, a full suit of beskar and a very lucky find (Bane was right about snatching those up) but even with it's near-immunity to lightsabers I wouldn't wear it if it didn't also enhance my strength five-fold. As such it barely encumbers me more than my light armor.

Just three schools of Force combat? Perhaps. Wendy is certainly proving unsuitable to physical combat, perhaps force manipulation is where she'll be better suited. The offense techniques all seem fairly basic, push, choke, Inertia (perhaps the most interesting, it appears to be a sudden burst of speed propelling your body), Blind, and a lightsaber throw. QV dislocated his shoulder trying Inertia, perhaps it's not so simple. Choke is actually a variation of push/grab and a narrow use for it. I once saw Nessarose use a form of it to stop a man's heart in his chest. Sidious speaks of crushing walkers or buckling a cruiser's hull, grander applications for sure and likely as useful as they are impressive, but on the other end of the extreme... If enough control is applied along with knowledge of a creature's physiology, perhaps it would be possible to induce aneurisms in a subjects brain, killing them without a trace of your influence. Something I've wondered since the day the Queen stopped that man's heart. Lightning requires sustained use for lethality and increased effort for range, a constant drain on the user's reserves. Quick bursts might be good for crowd control, but in a duel its too easy to negate it with one's saber. Convection, burning hands might be good if ever disarmed, I'd be worried about setting myself on fire though. Cryokinesis I just don't see the point of. Freezing someone to death? An easy fate for a force-user to avoid. There's creativity and then there's going out of practicality's way to invent something new. However, the illustration shows the effect to be near-instantaneous and the demonstrated convection shows a gout of fire emanating from the hands. The most likely explanation is that the illustration shows masters of the abilities while Bane describes general application. Drain life: Holocron of Darth Reven, I should find this though the spell is beyond horrid. Death Field though... not pleasant. I've put my notes and thoughts on these down separately for safety and in case I ever do share these notes. Memory Walk reminds me of torture by Chargen, Goddess I hate mental frackery. to many people think its a long-term solution and it can really mess you up. At least I've been exposed to this so much that I'm practically immune. The thoughts it conjures up no longer affect me and new ones just serve as fuel for my offense. One good thing that came from being subjugated to it for hours on end. Crucitorn is what's allowed sith to fight on even after suffering horrible wounds, it's what allows them to continue fighting battle for hours after being cut or stabbed. So long as a wound isn't lethal, the sith using this can continue going. Something to learn even for someone as defensively minded as myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Bane's 'guide' left a bitter taste in Domino's mouth as she closed the book. It had been necessary, even leading to the eventual near-destruction of the Jedi at Sidious' hands. But they had done the same as Bane and the survivors had hidden their existence. But with him carrying on the rule of two the Jedi had an easy time toppling his reign. Once they had gotten past his super weapons and fleets. Now both sides were growing as fast as they could balancing power with power.

((ooc: It's been more than a year since I last added to this thread. The Black Suns, invasions, RL, drama, so many things were more pressing, and I must admit that the next book is a bit daunting to undertake. It's not the contents but the style is quite different from the others. So, winding the clock back a year, it's more than 5 years ago, Domino is still at knight-level and the the galaxy is still so full of promise for her.))

The Writings of the Nightsisters by Mother Talzin, or Wild Power. It'd been two days since Domino had last opened 'The Book' as she'd started to think of it. During the intervening time Domino had slept, eaten, and meditated and was ready to begin again. Taking up position once again and pulling the book from her safe, she settled in to begin the witch's chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Never forget your past, never lose yourself in the melting pot of galactic culture. Mother Talzin's first lesson and a good one at that. Her next I'm not so sure about. She states that because all other cultures have conflicting beliefs that it follows that none are true, yet her own conflicts as well, is her's not true either then? No, there is truth in legend, only the extent and interpretation varies. She then credits all other shamanic practices to 'a single wellspring-the life web of Dathomir.' I'm not sure how much use this portion of the book will be if it continues in this vein but those that came before must have found value in it so I'll continue on for thoroughness's sake.

If this spirit realm where the 'essences of animals, nature's forces, and our ancestors' is closest to our own on Dathomir it may be worth checking out. I've traded with their people before and seen their magics (looked like regular force tricks to me, obscure and archaic with interesting effects, but nothing most masters couldn't do if they put their mind to it) but I've never set foot on their planet. Some day I'll have to if just to see for myself. Talzin also claims to be able to cross the valley of death and commune with the dead and I'm forced to wonder how much of this book is propaganda as she clearly intended for her followers to read this lesson-book. Ventress claims her own Nightsister Master, Ky Narec, didn't believe in the spirits.

Yup, her next writings were of how she was 'chosen' and 'passed the spirits test' and how challenging her is challenging life itself. She was a cult leader spreading her own propaganda fueled by blood-loss and near-death. Even the lowest of apprentices can modulate their voice and ruffle their robes with the Force. Only after flipping ahead have I decided to continue to where real information lays. The writings of the others in the margins pretty much confirm Talzin's mistakes.

She continues on to talk about the witch's beliefs. The living force and unifying force are apparently manifestations of Twin Deities. Overall I'm given the impression that she's as ignorant of our customs as most people are of theirs. How many times have i heard a call not to allow oneself to be limited by artificial rules, to follow the rule of the strong and not deny yourself. It's the cry of the Sith and a petty excuse.

During her history lesson she gives examples of their power and glory, even a victory over a Jedi Expeditionary force. More propaganda? Luke and Ventress both call doubt to her words and she was blatantly mercurial in her dealings to 'make the galaxy aware of our ways and to spread the will of the spirits.' Ventress wonders if that was the excuse given as to why she was sold as a child. Aside from mentioning a Book of Shadows and a Book of Law, teachings of Jedi Allya, the rest of Talzin's histories if full of, lets call it propaganda for politeness's sake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Slapping the book shut, Domino placed it back in her safe fed up with what she'd been reading. She was done for today. When she'd started she had expected to come across disagreeable teachings, and she had in Darth Bane's Rule of Two, but this was something else. Previously she'd looked forward to learning of another tribal culture like Endelaan's and... oh crap... Nesarose's. Nessa had set herself up not just as their Queen, but their Goddess's physical avatar. Yes her coming and bloodline had all been foreseen and even had to be proven in trial by combat, but Domino had known that she was no goddess. And once her own blood had been mistaken for being black against her blue skin she'd played the part of tame demon forging volunteers into pilots in the freezing hell of Ilum. She'd governed the crystal mines where every military recruit spent a tour as a passage rite. Now that she was looking in from the outside and knew what to look for to see the cracks in a cult's facade. And while it'd been fun while it lasted, now she was almost as upset with herself as she was with Talzin... Frack...

Maybe she should stop off at Endelaan one of these days, visit another people she'd failed.

Finally calming down, Domino returned to continue reading the next morning. The revelations of the previous night had disturbed her, but she was still certain that she had done the necessary thing for her own survival at the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's interesting to see that I'm not the only worshiper of a goddess in force circles, though mine is more of a cultural habit while the witch's used theirs to represent the two sides of the force along with a fanged god. Light and dark. I do find it amazing however: how advanced and primitive their magics are at the same time. A shaman (master level equivalent?) can form solid objects from a 'spirit ichor' yet requires a sphere of the same to perform divination, something Aeval had taught me to do without any props as a knight. Though it also sounds to be a medium for viable dark-side restorative powers given Talzin's view on the force. She also uses it for trances, some type of spell that my grandmother would call voodoo, and to awake force-specters of some sort. Over all, she's crediting the 'Fanged God' with more powers and strength than the 'Winged Goddess.' A clear indication to me which she's studied more and wishes to guide her students towards.

(I've removed some additional notes about specific powers for additional study, see pages 106-110 of photo copy and attached papers)

Nightsister talismans do seem to work much the same as the sith if Syn and Talzin are being completely honest, they do have completely different effects though as Sidious is nice enough to point out. I however don't think it's a matter of how they're created, rather a difference of philosophy in use. The Sith focus on combat applications as that's their daily life (or was after the 100 years war and their exile) while the Witches are more subtle and tend to interact with their surroundings or an outward focus. The one exception being the Talismans of Transformation and Age. The first can change the wearer into an animal dependent on the talisman worn, age seems to function like an age-regressor, taking you back to your physical prime. Only temporarily however. I'm not sure if that's because the user has to take it off, the power runs out of the talisman, or if it simply looses its effectiveness. Prolonged use might also be damaging to the user if it works by burning through the body's reserves to gain its effect. Some of the 'totems' seem to do so, reducing the body to ash as their powers wear off after ingestion.

Talismans of finding, as they have to be imprinted to their target they sound similar to the Nightsister's blood trail. I think they work along the same basic principals but one's following a path you left behind while the other follows a path set down by what you seek, family, an object of importance left behind, maybe hair or blood if some of the old stories were based on anything. One could even theoretically resurrect the dead, but not totally, rotten bodies stayed that way, which probably meant it wasn't a true resurrection. Would probably prove to only be a temporary measure, an animated corps with no life of its own.

Truth be told, the counterspell talisman sounded the most promising. A defensive shield against force powers that reflected them back onto their caster sounded rather good. Had to determine what 'curses' entailed, mentalisem like Bane's Mind Shard or was it much broader? I doubt the effects extend to direct influences like push/pull or lightning. The remaining totems of night, sunlight, smoke, ice, flame, clay, and woodrot were all vaguely defined, 'primal entities' that don't always obey. I'm assuming they're mostly self-explanatory, wear the amulet and you get control of whatever element it is like one of the shapers.

There was much more in the book of Wild Power, but little of it pretaind to the nature of the force. Instead it rambled from topic to topic, giving hand-picked glimpses into the creatures and way of life of Dathomir before ending with a summary of 'Competing Dark Side Traditions.' Mother Talzin's own words, as if she'd forgotten that just pages ago she was going on about the nature of the force and how there was no dark or light side, just differing gods. The Witch's lectures did reveal new avenues of research to Domino in those last pages though. The Prophets of the Dark Side, Kanzer Exiles (if any trace of them were left after Sidious) in the unknown regions, Rhandi Sorcerers, assassins like the Mecrosa, The Blackguard's trove of knowledge if yet un-plundered, and the now infamous Kro Var Shapers could all yield troves of rare insight to the force, if one could find them.

Finished with the latest book, Domino tucked the bound volumes behind a cushion of her sofa for safe keeping and made her way into the Sangromancer's galley. She wanted to have a bite to eat and then check on the ship's plotted hyper jumps before settling into the mind-numbing task of copying the pages of the next book into her terminal and organizing their order and orientation. Still, it was a small price to pay to have a lasting copy on hand for research and reference. It wasn't like Domino expected to hold onto the book forever, there was always someone just as ambitious.

This was it, the book that made this book so dangerous, so valuable. The writings of Darth Plagueis, The Science of Creating Life. Also the one with the worst handwriting. Domino had been eager to get to this one, had even skipped ahead and begun reading before stopping herself. There had been a reason the books were in the order they'd been bound in, and it likely went beyond simple chronological order. Now she knew that if she had skipped and focused on what she'd thought the real prize was, she'd have missed the previous gems and self awareness that they'd brought.

A scientist, careful and methodical in approach, hard data, theorems to fit it instead of dogma and blindness towards heretical evidence otherwise. This is what I've been waiting for. Plagueis was one of the first Sith since Syn and the other original outcasts to actually experiment with the force. To push its boundaries and discover it anew rather than simply follow the ones that came before with the same tired old practices. New fields of study, powers, perhaps even immortality? Could one dare hope that the secret lay within?

He is right in stripping away the pomp and theater of the force sects. It is a hindrance and slows one down. By using the tools of my old professions, dressing like any other spacer, I can mingle unfettered with the masses, hide and strike unexpectedly in plain view. The force is a tool like any other and should be used as one, once it becomes a way of life it also becomes your crutch holding you back. You will miss it when its gone.

Aperion-unites and shapes all mater, gravity/electromagnetism. Encompasses all of space-time. Positive and negative electrical charges are what bind molecules together and prevent objects from simply passing through one another. Unifying Powers

Anima-Gives life but not thought to plants and animals. Living Powers

Pneuma-Conscious thought, self-awareness. Mind Tricks/Telepathy

These fundamental forces would exist even without midi-chlorians, however, because of them a host is able to draw on the connection. As they're endosymbionts they die along with their host and a host would die if completely purged of midi-chlorians. Luke disparages Plagueis' seeking to understand this, claiming that only a sith would dismantle a relationship that is beneficial to both parties, that listening to the smallest of creatures opens us to the expanse of the Force. Yet what's the first thing any relationship councilor does if not seek to understand the dynamics of a couple? Examining relationships is how you make them grow and strengthen them, not by blinding yourself to the other.

The average blood concentration for midi-c is around 2,500 per cell, at about half that death is induced. His writings don't indicate if that is on the cell or the host itself. I'm inclined to believe the former but experimentation is needed. The unified consciousness of the midi-c is linked through the Pneuma and is influenced by a host's mental state. Negative emotions have a particularly strong impact and the loss of hope can induce cellular necrosis. this could explain why die-hard sith tend to look rather aged and gaunt while those not so wrapped in self-misery have no or lesser effects. Blood transfusions also don't impart stronger connections to the force (I think it'd be common knowledge and natural sensitives would be commonly 'farmed' if it did), a host's native midi-c's reject a stranger's influx, either killing or replacing them. I'll have to conduct my own experiments to discover which, but this isn't a problem I'm keen to solve for obvious reasons.

The immediate threat being yourself Palpatine? I always wondered who your master was and now you've revealed it. Though the secret nature of the Sith has always prevented most 'interim' masters between empires from being well known. I just hope Plagueis managed to record his findings before you offed him. Seems likely considering the next section of notes is titled...

Perpetual life

An end to aging and diseases, sounds like the fantasy Tolkines my mother would tell stories about, the ones that only died in battle or when they willed it. Exercise and practice seems to be the key, not of the body, but of the mind. One so you can impose your will over that of the midi-c's of others while your own struggle against your actions, and the other to prevent an accidental suicide or other adverse effects.

The Pneuma is the proper vector to override other midi-cs with one's own will, a challenge as the binding will of the force will cause one's own midis to resist such attempts as stated. Force them to override their natural life cycles and draw upon sustaining force energies to prevent them from dying. The body's symbiotic relationship with its midi-cs then comes into play, halting tissue decay and ending disease/aging. I wonder if this would be enough to stop the cell necrosis Plagueis already mentioned as a result of drawing on the Dark side? It either didn't work on Sidous or something else affected him, and I doubt it was an attack by the Jedi as he claimed in his Imperial Reformation speech. His own scrawling in the margins reveal that he didn't understand his masters work, instead farming out research to the Shi'ido. He made mutants... Still, I should set aside my distaste and learn about his efforts as well, just after I've unlocked this. Here Domino also made a note to research the Shi'ido and learn about them and to explore any remnants of their race/culture/group as she wasn't familiar with them and the holonet was inaccessible so out into the black.

Creating life.

The way Plagueis goes about it actually sounds like the early days of cloning, where a subject simply bore an offspring bearing an identical genetic code through asexual reproduction. Or in science's case, induced fertilization. the implications are heady. Could this combined with his earlier discoveries on perpetual life be a step towards immortality? Sustain the body indefinitely, then grow another, identical one in an artificial womb for when the original dies to trauma, requiring only a transfer of consciousness. Rejection could be markedly reduced to to the familiarity of body and conversely, mental pattern to it. Domino's hand was trembling with so much excitement at this point that she had to stop writing and massage her hand while she settled down. The implications of an increased midi-c count only further adds to the allure of this line of thought. To get stronger after a catastrophic failure... Was Vader the product of such experimentation as Luke apparently feared? Do I have the wherewithal to withstand cataloging thousands of subjects, handpicking those to run through deadly trial/error experimentation?

Domino had needed a drink after finishing with Plaqueis's writings. Several in fact. New ideas swirled and danced in her head, full of promise and danger. It took the rest of the day to settle them down and sort them out and she filled a few pages in her own journal on them and the beginnings of her research. This would take several years just to get to the point of being able to draw everything to a close, but extending her own life, that would be a priority to ensure she had those years. First though, she had one last book to get to.

Absolute Power

Interesting take, I wonder how I'll view my own actions in the future, probably just as poorly. At least when reshaping the Cartel into the Suns I didn't bother with a Senate. I feel that my own views on one would soon have mirrored Sidious's. Dictatorship with a glove of velvet was the way to go. Diverse criminal communities would never respect a collection of elected officials. Fire and death was what brought the gangs in line and swift, brutal, dispensation of it is what keeps them there. I'll be happy though if that and our interest in collecting knowledge is where our similarities ended though. Often I think his writing is too conceited, too self-sure, I must not be.

The Weakness Of Inferiors

Wrong, both Palpatine and Luke. An empire should not be ruled by fear, for there will always be resistance, but neither should it be ruled without. Those seeking to undermine it should be dealt with as expediently as operationally possible. But the masses, they must be taught that you are gentle with those deserving, the loyal. Like a mother who's word is absolute yet is still there to sooth after an accident. As for Luke, those who were so fearful, so grateful after liberation, how many lifted a finger to help your Rebellion? Compare that to the number celebrating that night and you will find the value of your words.

The invisible hands behind the power. You can't run a war when no corporation will sell you the arms for it. Stealing would never equip an army, let alone the multitude needed to control planets in their dozens. Maybe hundreds one day. I must seek out those that would exercise their power behind my scenes and seek to either limit, control, or join them to me. There will be no need to deal with the Banking Clan, their power has waned and I can implement a new institution for the Suns or ignore the rules as I see fit, benefit of being dictator. Perhaps a company under government control next. My control. One that can't say no, able to provide anything needed to the Suns from weapons to warships. As for the 'unspoken members of the committee,' I'm the head of the board and the others have already fallen in line after Excon's rebellion. I did not seek this position, but I find myself salivating at the thought of building it, what I can do now. There was a power vacuum after Barrett disappeared and my defense of him has left me the only candidate to take his place. The others either fear death or are biding their time.

The greater the insight, the easier to deceive and fool, so long as you're confirming that insight. How to use this to shape my own regime? I will not hide what I am. We do not have many force users and I'm the only one properly trained, I must show myself to the galaxy if there will be any hope of increasing that number. Such openness will also serve to keep those against me in check. The fear that I have an invisible and near-unknowable power, that I can bring that power to my defense or down on those that would oppose me. It'll also serve as an easy explanation for intelligence. If you're sure of your communication lines, sure of those next to you, any leak can be blamed on myself and keep suspicion off of the real source. A confirmation of what they already know.

The Book Of Anger

Notes redacted, see index x-31 for details [maelstrom/forcestorm].

My rule will not see the division and infighting of my subjects, its not needed, useless, and even then, my peoples are too diverse for there to be a normal majority. It'd also be self-defeating given my own race. The inclusiveness will be our strength, the outcast, the loner, the family too large for anywhere else. People should find a home under my protection and be glad for it. I am not naive however, I will still need my shadow agents and those ready to do violence to keep the predators in line, light or dark, their reasoning don't mater, just their loyalty. If a cycle begins as Plagius formatted, then atonement can break it, along with the death of the one responsible.

The Manipulation Of Life

The creation of monsters... The perfect monster has no need of a master, Sidious saw this and left hidden weaknesses in each of his creations that he could take advantage of if needed. I should travel to Byss and see if anything remains there after eras of fighting and scavenging. Perhaps some etchings on a wall. Not the Emperor's style though. And again the mental manipulation and warping, this time a complete erasure of the mind, will this never not be a thing? I've had enough and will set out to make my mental defenses impenetrable. Torture by Chagrin already has little effect on me, so much did my previous master use it on me while attempting to force me to draw on the Force, the Dark Side, to protect myself and then after. I've fully accepted my past and meditating on new experiences renders anything brought up by it nothing more than distasteful memories. Through the same method and others I will prevail against all attacks should I prove resolute in my preparations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom