Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last night a little dancer came dancin' to my door

Ater Notechis

Same agenda, different place...
Ater had handed the datapad with just enough information to complete the task to Sever Voss during his interview. That was seven hours and fourteen minutes ago. This was no simulation but a real-life situation that just happened to be part of the recruitment process to join the ISB.

The limited data wasn’t exactly a test but rather Ater had ensured they had just enough information to be successful but not so much that the task became too easy.

Simulations, in Ater’s eyes, taught you how people fared in simulations. If you wanted to know how they’d react in real life…well there was only one option.

So the results of this mission would be factored into her decision to recruit them into ISB or not. There was a rebel cell to be dealt with and who better to resolve the situation than eager potential recruits?

They’d all be given orders to assemble in the hangar bay. Precisely twelve minutes ago. And they were due...now.

Ater wasn’t there of course. But she’d made sure they had available any equipment they wanted (including a shuttle and vehicles) – with the majority of items sitting in crates, for them to choose from. The only mandatory kit was the standard issue comlink.

[member="Alister Krandor"]

[member="Sever Voss"]

[member="Semaj Srehtam"]

And so there he was with the other soldiers, [member="Sever Voss"] and [member="Semaj Srehtam"].

Idly looking it his ID Tag he couldn't help thinking of the importance of it. How would people know who he was without it? Nonetheless Alister waited for the CO, that would be Voss, to say something before Alister could return to his post.

Having read over the information on the datapad several times, I thought this might be a nice time to introduce Crina to the improved armor of the Force Tracking Squad. From what I understood, my fellows on this mission were trained soldiers. They should be able to handle the armor. Considering this was not an infiltration mission, and there were practitioners amongst those we were going after, I figured that they should be outfitted for dealing with the situation.

So when I walked into the room, I was actually wearing his full armor. Behind me floated two crates, each bearing the seal of Regent, with a set of armor stored within each. I approached the two that I was certain were the men I was going to be going on this operation with. Whether they would become FTS members or not didn't matter at the moment.

"Since we are going to be dealing with Force Users, I thought it might be nice to equip you with armor capable of dealing with their weapons, or most any weapon for that matter."

[member="Alister Krandor"] [member="Semaj Srehtam"]

Semaj wound his way through the tight corridors and lengthy hallways. The movements of countless thousands brushed past him, unaware of who he was, and what he did. A nameless man in the ocean of bodies that harboured about. It was a deep feeling of anonymity that surfaced from this emotion. He diverted right towards a titanium door, thumbing the pin code sequence into a pad beside the door. The door hissed and opened, scraping metal against metal as it did so. He entered a darkened room; the armoury. He checked his Nas-Tech Wrist Mounted Datapad, five minutes on the clock until he would be 'late.'

His brown eyes swept over the array of weapons, gadgets and equipment. He began to disrobe out of his civilian clothes, putting aside a pair of blue faded jeans, a casual white tank top with a brown leather jacket. He moved towards an Iron Skin, pulling himself into the suit. His hands quickly began to assemble his weapons. A silenced Hekler'Kok P-1, CQ-3.9x, Nacht-5 smoke grenades, Flash-bang grenades, Night goggles, Sensor jammer and a whipcord launcher. With his equipment sorted, he moved back out into the busy paths that curled itself around the outside of the hanger.

Semaj pushed through an entryway and found the sight of his the two other recruits. He stepped forward and mean't to stand in line, checking the datapad on his wrist to find he still had thirty seconds on the clock. His eyes darted and examined Voss, then to Krandor. Semaj answered Voss, "I won't be needing those." It wasn't a matter of desire, no, it was a matter of those things getting in the way. Large, bulky and troublesome. He didn't waste his years in the Academy on Mytus VII just to walk around in one of those.

The lack of consistency was a bit annoying. They were soldiers, not catwalk models. Not that the situation wasn’t understandable. They were all men who had walked different paths in their military careers. All of their armors had markings of who they were, what they had done and how far their loyalty had extended for their cause.

Alister was in no way an exception. He too had brought his own armor. It had the markings of his defeats and his victories, of friends that had come and friends that had passed. To not wear it would feel wrong and especially for a task such as this.

“Going in wearing different armors could be a good idea.” Alister began putting his armor on. “Depending on how we go in that is. Voss and I both come from Crina, our armors have been etched into the minds of every man and woman in that place.”

“But, we could use that to our advantage.” Alister looked over to the others. “The two Crinan soldiers will catch their attention the most. We should be able to use their memories of us against them.”

Bad enough that Alister was going in wearing the regular Crinan soldier’s armor, if anything he would catch most of their attention. To be a seemingly easy notch on the rebel scum’s belt, but time after time again he had proven them all wrong.

“Not my call to make though,” Alister’s attention set on Sever. “Sir.”

[member="Semaj Srehtam"] | [member="Sever Voss"]

"Suit yourselves."

If they didn't want to wear it that was fine by me. I didn't have to worry about them running off with it or something. Since they weren't going to be taking it, I locked the crates together magnetically, this technology of the Remnant's was something else, and moved them off near the entry doors where they were out of the way. I was the only one that knew the codes to access them so it didn't bother me if I left them sitting around for a little bit while we went and completed our mission.

"This is an ISB mission, not an army one. I outrank you in the army, this is true, but here we're all on trial and that's it."

I looked between the two of them and then motioned to a nearby shuttle craft where a couple of pilots were hanging out. Air jockey's were annoying, but when it came to transport they were quick and efficient.

"Might as well get moving, though. We don't want to make the director upset with us."

[member="Alister Krandor"] [member="Semaj Srehtam"]

Semaj remained quiet throughout the discussion between the two. He recognised their type; soldiers. Semaj personally found a sour taste in his mouth at the thought of a security bureau using their type. He understood the need and desire for Spec Ops, but the army had enough soldiers, the ISB didn't need any more - or so was his opinion. He personally favoured the use of operatives than teams, and teams than squads. Maybe, he began to ponder, if this was the thinking that had been drilled into him at the academy. He wasn't trained to be a cohesive unit among soldiers, but a solitary infiltrator.

His eyes began to peel away from his thoughts. He hardly acknowledged the words of Alister, a silent murmur of jumbled letters that had drifted through his ears when he was thinking. It wasn't for a lack of disrespect, but sometimes Semaj just liked to think - and it got in the way of listening. His brows pinched inwards, and his eyes squinted at Voss. It wasn't necessary for him to outright brand himself as their superior in the army, this was the ISB, and in the least he admitted that. But the fact he had blatantly professed his superiority to them in a situation where he wasn't made his skin crawl. It was ego, and ego could cripple a mission.

"With all due respect, I was informed that there would be intelligence - from you. And I haven't heard a bit of it. I like a little more intel with my intel. I don't like throwing punches in the dark."

Semaj moved towards the shuttle craft, the holsters on his body jostled and he began to make last-minute adjustments to their respective straps. With a sharp pull here and there, the straps were made taut. He bowed his head, walking through the entrance of the shuttle. Silent feet trod quietly, habit not preference, to a seat. He took his place at the far back, right hand side.

((OOC: I have no excuse, just shame. I am sorry for the delay!))

"I agree, some intel would be nice." Alister chimed in. "Speaking of which, did someone catch the name of that lady doing the interviews?"

He tried to recall his own interview but all he had gotten from her was his own name and background. Not that he didn't trust her but it certainly didn't sit right with him. She had all this information on him yet she herself had remained a blank sheet. Admirable in a sense but not when it came to putting your life in said person's hands.

Alister wanted control. He wanted to know who and what she was but for now he'd simply have to play along. His answer would come after the assignment was done, or so he told himself.

Alister shook his head.

"Actually, forget about it. We'll get our answers soon enough, right?"

They better.

[member="Semaj Srehtam"] [member="Sever Voss"] [member="Ater Notechis"]

Colrenn

C
Suddenly A tall thin man, with subtle features his narrow eyes and neatly kept pointed imperial goatee and dark brown slicked back hair wearing a dark grey an uniform entered the hangar bay, “Greeting, recruits my name is Colrenn Renth and I will be both your intelligence lesion and one of your evaluator for this mission, I think we have some time for some quick interdictions, now who want to start." He said in his flat, cold, even toned emotionless voice.

[member="Ater Notechis"][member="Alister Krandor"][member="Semaj Srehtam"][member="Sever Voss"]

I nodded to the other two recruits, and then found myself looking at a strange man in a beard that most assuredly hadn't been there moments before. I blinked at the man and just shrugged my shoulders at him. If the pipsqueak wanted to join them on a military conquest mission then so be it. Who was I to stop him from joining them?

"There's not a lot of intel to be shared."

I climbed into the shuttlecraft and took a seat. Strapping myself in, I glanced around and then looked at the others.

"We've got a cell of rebels in one of the cities on the other side of the planet. They have practitioners amongst them, and they think they've gone unnoticed. They're holed up in a warehouse, and they're gearing up for some terrorist act. We've been assigned to deal with them, preferably without force, but we're authorized to use it if necessary."

[member="Colrenn"] [member="Alister Krandor"] [member="Semaj Srehtam"]

Colrenn

C
Colrenn got into shuttle and fastened himself in,” not very detailed information I’ll have to have to have a …. Chat with my associates when arrive, I have some local contacts that should be helpful in that regard.” ~Colrenn had reviewed the intel beforehand and knew most of watchers assigned to the area it was odd for them to have so little to go but then he had had another mission to deal with as well.~

[member="Alister Krandor"], [member="Sever Voss"],[member="Semaj Srehtam"], [member="Ater Notechis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom