Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Chance

He felt it, it was like the studies had told him while he was in the Order. Of course reading and learning didn't prepare him for what came next. The horrors of seeing every happy moment twisted, his memories of Evelynn covered in blood and regret. The sight of his Masters hitting him and throwing him to the hounds forgetting him. Every moment he had through his short life destroyed and twisted. Evelynn's face becoming destroyed as wanted to reach out to her - to keep her from walking away from him. The letter entered his mind again, the letter that told him to forget her - it repeated itself and he could see her walking a path he couldn't follow. It was then and in that moment the young Jedi screamed horror. Tears welled in his eyes as his eyes searched his memories to find some sort of happiness that remained.

The continuous screams of horror filled Kaine's dungeon - he was finally giving in and losing his sanity. @[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Kaine left Sopher to his agony, while the hooded servitors moved in to take over where the tyrant left off. His job was done, the sadists down below could carve up Sopher's flesh however they wish, but they knew better than to let the young Jedi die. The lad had come with justice in his heart, and vindication upon his lips as he foolishly stood before the Sith Lord alone. What was more amusing to Kaine, however; was the images he had plucked from the pup's mind during his torture. He knew Diana, and Daella, the Jedi Masters who had proved most troublesome for him and the Empire in the past. Sopher's pain now tasted all the more sweeter knowing that in a way he was striking out at those Jedi who had cast him down from greatness, and left him to wallow in a Republic prison ship. If it wasn't for the timely arrival of the One Sith, he would have been well and truly finished, but now with his renewed vision and purpose, he was far more dangerous than he ever was as the Emperor. The true Dark Lord had a plan for him, and for some reason Kaine sensed it involved this young squire... How strange.

The Dark Lord then returned to his chambers, where he rested until the morrow, where he would unveil his new pet for all to see.

Soon enough the next morning came, and Kaine was already awaken and preparing himself. He called all of importance to the castle arena, including Evelynn, who yet remained unaware of Sopher's imprisonment in the castle dungeons. Kaine met with her before they both entered the arena, "I have a special treat for you, Evelynn. One that I think you will personally enjoy as much as I will." Something about his voice seemed off, as if he was hiding something far more sinister than just a simple treat, but that wouldn't be revealed just yet.

@[member="Sopher Jakobs"] @[member="Evelynn"]

Louise

here for your dad
If only she had known.

Oblivious to the atrocities that had been inflicted upon the only man she would ever love, Evelynn was summoned with the rest. Naturally the girl was one of the first to arrive, punctuality being a trait of an entire generation. None of this fashionably late nonsense, arrive slightly early or not at all.
Oh? The girl raised an eyebrow at her Master, an expression of grim curiosity spreading across her features. You're not going to tell me that Slade has learned how to say the word please, are you?

Now that would be a treat.

There was something within the tone of his voice that made the blonde woman uncomfortable. Of course any form of a surprise from Kaine Zambrano was bound to give anybody a severe dose of the nerves.

They entered the arena together, and took their seats. Her sense of curiosity grew as the rest of the invited began to file in and take their places to witness this...so called treat.

@[member="Sopher Jakobs"], @[member="Darth Vornskr"]

"Nothing so outrageous, my dear, but something more close home than you'd realize." He led her to the King's private box high above the normal spectator seats, and they waited patiently while dining on fruit and wine as the remainder of the spectators filed in. As they all finally got into their seats, a musical number started up from the orchestra situated in their own private booths on the far side opposite the King's private seats. Kaine stood up tall, and proud, and gesture to his people as he began to talk. "My subjects! Last night we were attacked by an assailant from the Republic, who dared try to strike down your king on the grounds outside of this very castle. Alas, his attempts were in vain, and I cast him down like the dog he is. He's been our silent guest for some time now, but now I thrust him into the light for you all to see. Bring him forth!" One of the portcullis down below slowly began to open, the entire audience holding their breath as it slammed open.

Then the prisoner was pushed out, the young lad's body a grotesque canvas of flayed skin, burns, and a menagerie of cuts and gashes. The only piece of clothing he wore was a pair of trousers that stopped at the shins, and his feet were cut and bleeding from the rough ground below him. A metal stock sat atop his lower back and shoulders, his arms bound back painfully to either side of the stock, while a metal collar was wrapped around his neck. The metal of the cuffs and the collar cut painfully into the boy's skin, and blood dried and new coated his neck and arms, and his hair would be disheveled and coated with flecks of blood. He was being led out by a pair of Graug slavers, who both whipped the boy's back with immense cruelty and sadistic pleasure at watching him convulse with each strike. Kaine pointed a single finger at the boy as he was led out into the center of the arena, "Behold the proud Jedi, Sopher Jakobs!"

Time had felt like years, ages and the pain didn’t even affect him anymore. It felt normal, as if he was supposed to feel like this every minute of his life. Despite the pain and the mutilation he had endured the boy walked out doing his best to remain standing taking each hit with stride. His body quivered on its own and if he could he would make it stop knowing it brought pleasure to both the Sith and the creatures that whipped him. Entering the arena, he wondered if this was how he was going to die.

His feet felt the rough floor of the arena and a strike hit him hard in the center of his back. His body reacting without his control he felt to one of his knees doing his best to keep balanced. Twisting his torso enough to provide some sort of balance with the stock on his shoulders keeping his hands and neck locked. Grunting, another strike whipped across his back in succession. Standing, once more he took in deep breaths the movements he made caused his wounds to open again.

Never crying out he looked up from where he heard the voice echo his name. Cursing under his breath he moved to shout at the man, call him names and curse his soul to eternal damnation in the hells of Chaos. Something stopped him though, the blonde that sat beside the man, his face softened and his lips formed each sound of her name as he whispered it to himself not having the strength or the courage to say her name…
@Evelynn….

@[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Louise

here for your dad
An assailant from the Republic?

Who would be so absolutely foolish? So short-sighted? You know what sounds like a great idea? Going to Panatha's castle and attacking Kaine Zambrano head on! Oh yeah, that is a fantastic idea...for imbeciles. Unfortunately for Evelynn, she only knew of one person who fit that description and before the big reveal she looked to Kaine with dread in her eyes.

Oh Sopher, why?

It only took one glance at his broken body to fill the girl with nausea. Usually this sort of affair was her perfect cup of tea. Torture in all aspects satisfied her. To give, to receive, to watch. Pain was such a focal point of her existence, it almost made sense that this was how she had adapted.

But not, Sopher, anybody but Sopher.

He looked up at them, at her and while choking back the rising bile in her throat Evelynn turned to face Kaine, who was evidently having a blast. Let him go. That was instinct talking, as the complete and utter horror of the situation hadn't completely settled in. KAINE, LET HIM GO! That was instinct screaming. She drew back her right arm and moved to punch the Sith Lord directly in the face.

And that, that was love talking.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"], @[member="Sopher Jakobs"]

Kaine had anticipated this reaction from dearest Eveynn, but even then he did nothing to stop it. Evelynn's fist connected soundly with Kaine's good cheek, but the Tyrant seemed to barely notice, his head didn't even move that much! Lazily his gaze turned to Evelynn, and with the speed of a space viper he snatched her wrist with his hand, and pulled her close. "Now, why would I ever do that? He's our entertainment for the evening, and it would be rude to send him away when he has not even entertained the rest of the masses." He lightly brushed the fingers of his other hand against her cheek, his other hand gripping her wrist painfully as he kept her face near his. "His life is in your hands now, behave like a proper lady and he may continue to live... for a time, of course. It's all up to you." That was when he released his hold on her, and turned back to look at Sopher down in the arena. With a wave of his hands he sent the Graug slavers away, and released Sopher from his bondage.

What was great about this arena, is that if needed, it could be Force dampened to prevent the unfair advantage of the Force from those put within. That field was now engaged as Sopher was freed from his chains, worsening his already dire status in the clutches of the tyrant. "I propose a new life for our wayward Jedi! He shall become our newest gladiator, and what better way to induct a new gladiator into our welcoming embrace, than a gladiatorial match!" The crowd roared as a section of the arena floor behind Sopher opened up, and a rack of weapons were revealed that included a barbed spear, a net, a short sword, and a small shield. Sopher could choose whatever he could carry, whichever suited him, but he had to choose quick. Soon after the weapons were chosen, the rack descended into the floor and the other portcullises around the arena began to open. From each of them would appear a gladiator, of varying species, ages, and genders from across the galaxy, not one gladiator being the same as the other, and there were five other gladiators in all.

"Let the games, begin!"

Louise

here for your dad
A satisfying wet slap echoed as her fist connected with his face, a surge of satisfaction, a tiny inch of revenge where there were still many miles to take.

Of course, that feeling was swiftly crushed as she was pulled entirely too close to her Master's face, there was a brief moment of futile struggle as the mute attempted to increase the distance between their faces, however his grip was far too strong for her meagre physical strength.

There was a rare glimpse of wildness in her eyes, one that Evelynn was going to have to reign in, for Sopher's sake.

Without saying another word, she withdrew back into her seat and sat with extremely rigid posture, her pale fingers intertwining upon her lap, almost as if she were praying and well...who was to say that she wasn't? The last thing the Silent Sister wanted was for her beloved Sopher to slaughtered before her, oh yes, Evelynn had changed, she had long since fallen but somewhere inside the girl would always love her blond-haired boy.

So she sat, face taut with repression, hoping, praying that Sopher still had the strength to fight.

[member="Sopher Jakobs"], [member="Darth Vornskr"]

The locks of his bindings loosened and were removed, he stood straight up despite the pain that shot through his body from the open wounds. The weapon rack rose up and he moved towards it understanding what he was about to do, he had to fight his way through this. Grabbing the shield and sword he watched as the rack fell back to where it came. Looking up towards Evelynn, he felt a sudden surge of energy. If he got through this challenge, then he’d be able to save her – she was within reach and he was hopeful.

Behind him, doors opened revealing several gladiators. So this was the entertainment and Sopher had a feeling this is what it would turn to be. One more glanced towards Evelynn, he smiled possibly for the last time. Giving a stare down towards each of the opponents he waited for them to move. He was a Jedi, he would never strike first, taking a step back, he rose the shield in front of him and prepared the short sword. Finally one decided to step forward and Sopher turned to face him. The man seemed to be half Zeltron and something else almost reptile.

Raptor Zeltron charged forward and Sopher remained still. The other gladiator lunged forward with his spear and the Jedi used both the shield and the small sword to lock it and twist it away disarming the man. He pulled away and then charged again, this time Sopher used the shield to block him and used his momentum to flip in over. Turning Sopher used the heel of his foot to knock the man upside his head knocking him out. He was a Jedi – he would do his best to not kill anyone.

@Evelynn @Darth Vornskr

Louise

here for your dad
Unconsciously her derrière had already shifted to the edge of her seat.

Her expression still locked by her own suppression. Good. He could still fight. Naturally the girl thought it unwise to merely knock out the other gladiators rather than slaying them, but alas, she was not a Jedi and thus held none of their principles.

Without taking her eyes off of the fight she spoke:

My Lord, I will give you anything you desire if you just let him go free.

Naturally she could not just sit quietly, if there was something Evelynn could do to spare him she would, even if that meant ill-advised bargaining.

[member="Sopher Jakobs"], [member="Darth Vornskr"]

Kaine chuckled and watched as the other gladiators engaged Sopher down in the arena, taking a large drink from his wine-filled goblet as one of his concubines gently rubbed his shoulders, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. He payed her no mind, his pleasure was now derived from the young Jedi being forced to fight for his amusement. However; that amusement was now stunted with the fact that the Jedi did not move to kill the Raptor-Zeltron, but instead knock him out with trained precision. That was just not good sport, but he would show Sopher the folly of his ill-placed mercy. A pair of Epicanthix marksman appeared at the lip of the arena dropoff, armed with scoped blaster rifles set to the highest power as to assure a lethal hit. They took aim and placed two shots into the prone Raptor-Zeltron, one bolt ripping open his chest cavity and another pulverizing his head into a cloud of fine blood mist. They would do the same for any gladiator knocked unconscious by Sopher, until he got the message or was killed by the others.

Now his attention diverted back to Evelynn as she pleaded for his release from this horrible captivity, to which Kaine merely laughed. "You mute fool, what I desire most is to see this jester dance in the arena of life and death for me. I've already got that, and I already have all I want from you. Unless you have a greater prize in mind?"

[member="Evelynn"] [member="Sopher Jakobs"]

Sopher kept his back towards those that were dying on the ground like rodents. So that was the game, it was either live and kill or die. Cursing his fate under his breath, the boy searched for the ability to kill these other warriors. Rolling his shoulder back, Sopher tightened his grip on the sword and shield. They were going to get him through this mess or he was going to die by them. The shock seemed to wear off the other gladiators in the arena, they stood watching the decision the Master had chosen for those that had fallen. A burly Twi'lek was the first to break the silence and shouted in a tongue Sopher couldn't recognize. He charged forward with two heavy swords, one in each hand. Crossing his arms in front of him he moved to slice at the Jedi diagonally in an X.

The boy reacted quickly, drawing the shield upward he blocked the attack. Using his strength, he mustered everything and pushed forward throwing the top heavy alien off balance. Stumbling backwards, the Twi'lek adjusted his footing and lunged forward again this time trying to take out Sopher's legs from under him. Once more he reacted, leaping over the sweep Sopher pushed forward and gave a lunge towards the Alien driving the blade into his neck. With the Twi'lek skewered onto the sword, Sopher landed on the creatures chest as he drove the blade deeper until the contender choked on his own blood. The fight only sparked the rest of the gladiators to react. At once, the remaining few charged forward weapons raised and attempted to drive the metal into Sopher's flesh.

Twisting his torso, Sopher knocked three of the men in the face with the shield tossing them backwards. The Bantha like strength of the Jedi echoed through the attack as the men were disoriented. In another burst of strength, he pulled the sword from the throat of the dead Twi'lek and removed the head of another. Catching his breath, Sopher lowered his guard and the three he assumed were knocked out soon stood and charged forward. “Feth...” A spear was launched at him he was able to block it with the shield, but another of the three moved fast along with the spear. Seeing an opportunity, the Zabrak lunged and drove his sword into the boy's shoulder. A grunt echoed from him as he threw his shield aside. Using his hand that once held the shield, he drew the sword from his shoulder. Gripping both of them, he tilted his head side to side and then with speed beyond his control he moved forward driving both blades into his attacker. Kicking the dead body off of the blades he turned to the next. Jumping forward he kicked the man in the head knocking him to the ground, with all of his strength he rose both the blades upward and drove them into the belly of the unconcious man.

One left.

Turning, Sopher charged kicking off one of the bodies and drove both blades into the remaining man. Standing as the last of the gladiators struggled unsure of what to do, Sopher tilted his head and then gripped the swords once more pulling them out of his next kill. In a quick crossing motion, the blades melted through the man's tender neck flesh – decapitating him. Turning towards where Kaine sat, Sopher threw one of the swords hitting the drinks out of a servents hands.

Raising his sword he growled, “ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! ARE. YOU. NOT. ENTERTAINED?! Isn't that why you're here?” Throwing the sword to the floor, he spit lingering blood on his lips to the ground. Grinning he pointed to Kaine. “I'm coming for you next, do what you will, I will kill you, Blasphemous King”

[member="Darth Vornskr"] [member="Evelynn Zambrano"]

Kaine laughed boastfully as the servants scurried in fear from the sudden blade that had seemingly materialized out of nowhere into the drink tray. "An impressive display, Jakobs. However; your empty bravado does not frighten me like it would a lesser Sith, I have already bested you on the field of battle. What hope do you have to face me again and come out triumphant? Ah, but I can sense your hatred of me burning within you, the desire to see me dead at your feet and your beloved saved from my clutches. A hopeless dream, but I applaud the passion behind it." The far portcullis opposite of the King's spectator box began to open, a deep rumbling hiss from within alluding to what may be lurking behind it. Even before the door was completely open, a pitch black Reel emerged from the darkness and hissed violently at our young Sopher.

"Let's put that aggression to good use."

It's first series of movement wasn't actually to go after Sopher, but rather begin to slither up the walls in at attempt to get at the audience above. Fortunately, before it did, a shimmering field of energy was activated shortly after the door began to open, thus locking Sopher in with the fearsome beast. The snake, with nowhere else to go now, ferociously charged at our young hero. Oh, did I mentioned the Force dampening field had been shut down to make the battle even more intense? Well, it did, but there were plenty of safeguards in place in the event Sopher got a little too uppity and tried to do something silly.

[member="Sopher Jakobs"] [member="Evelynn Zambrano"]

Louise

here for your dad
Greater prize in mind? Did he mean Rattatak? Fat chance. The mute bit her lip in response to his words. With nothing else to add she would chose to keep schtum in that moment at the very least. The fool and the jester, what grand titles for the galaxy's greatest ever doomed couple.

The gladiators that had been incapacitated by Sopher were in turn dispatched by rifles, rendering all of his noble intentions moot. Thankfully the Jedi realised the futility of his strategy and managed to pull the strength out to actually slay his opponents. The girl's balled fists clenched tighter as he ended the twi'lek's life. He might make it.

Today. What of tomorrow? The day after?

Evelynn gasped as the sword plunged into Sopher's shoulder. Or maybe he wouldn't make it. She twisted in her seat, tragically unable to do anything to aid him out of fear for the consequence.

The sword came rocketing up, greatly amusing Kaine but offering Evelynn no relief whatsoever. What if the blonde boy enraged her Master? What if he sentenced him to death right there and then? It was a dangerous game to be throwing blades in your captor's direction.

Then the giant snake came out to play.

Has he not had enough, My Lord?!

[member="Darth Vornskr"], [member="Sopher Jakobs"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom