Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lanterns Unto One's Feet

MhxKjxk.png

A shadow fell over Vytal's lips at Sabine's words. There was truth in what had been said. Truth she herself had recognized in rebuking the Sith that came to Dathomir in search of a secret to greater power without understanding. Power without Knowledge. How then could she reconcile what had been written of this place they now occupied? For Knowledge itself had begun to corrupt one that ventured here. Could it be both extremes were too great for one of the Living -- or of such a young race -- to embrace? That either choice would result in calamity? It was a consideration she had put aside in favor of action as Vytal had grown tired of the suffering her Sisters and Brothers endured at the hands of the ignorant and foolhardy.

As they passed through the archway that led to the courtyard, the sound of a running fountain only fifteen feet away washed over them as though it had only just appeared. As they'd drawn closer the 'statue' in the distance had begun to resolve itself into a fount, though no sound had carried down the corridor they traveled until that moment. Around them was a forty-foot wide balcony that stretched thirty feet from the archway to several steps that led down to a grassy knoll.

They were not, however, alone. With but a second pan of the eyes, perhaps drawn by an unconscious tug or sense in the Force, a shadowy figure could be found perched atop a broken column to the left with white eyes watching the women. To the right stood a shimmering, white figure. Each were to either side of the balcony, several feet from the fountain whose clear water bubbled and broke over the marble surfaces.

"Nightmother," a voice then rose from what appeared to be a Human dressed in humble robes that appeared before them, arms held out to either side with open palms. His bright blue eyes held the vitality of a far young man, though he wore the lines of middle-age. With a slight nod, the man then acknowledged Sabine, "Darth Phral. There had been some debate 'when' you would appear. Such are the challenges of such sacred realms. But," one hand lifted to bid them wait, "before we begin, shall we... remove the unwelcome guest?"

A sharp, stabbing pain lanced through Vytal's midsection. The shock caused her to double over with one hand pressed to an invisible wound. Her head was thrown back as the Nightmother collapsed to her knees with a sharp cry. Green flame erupted about her figure, and it felt as though it might very well consume her body and soul in that very moment.

The flames began to fan out and billow into a cloud of green mist with bright green glowing eyes that looked down upon those assembled as it circled above them all. Dark energy flooded the courtyard with a great pressure reflecting of the entity's displeasure at was was occurring.

YushaBot.png

Template By: Darth Metus (Guy)

OOC: Continuing from Dominion story
TAGS: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

Last edited:

Attire: This
Equipment: Lightsaber, Mask
TAG: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

Vytal was nothing if not thoughtful considering truths that many would not even stop to question, for that reason alone she had Sabine's respect, it was rare at least in her experience to find one who would seek out the truth regardless of where it leads and it took an even stronger person to hear an opposing idea and weigh it and its position then test it and determine if it was right. In truth, Sabine said these things not to discourage the Nightmother but to further provoke her own thoughts, not suggesting in any way that she was above her but they each had their strengths. For Sabine those strengths were intrigue and manipulation to do those you must understand self, you must understand people and their limitations for her that had come from lifetimes of experience.

Her eyes turned ahead when she felt a presence before them, blue eyes narrowing slightly as if sensing danger, but perhaps something else entirely, no not one presence but multiple her eyes shot left and then right before the sudden voice drew her eyes back forward to a figure that merely a moment ago had not been there her guard was considerably raised by this moment and her eyes turned amber but she held back, this was different not a threat in the normal sense at least but regardless she was now on her toes as the being spoke

"Darth Phral. There had been some debate 'when' you would appear. Such are the challenges of such sacred realms. But,"

That she had to admit gave her pause, not many things would cause the ancient Sith to lose her words, but that did. 'Sacred Realms' glanced again at her surroundings before it finally clicked in her mind, so lost in conversation she had not truly stopped to consider where they stood. Looking to each of the figures again her eyes shifted to blue as she relented, if they were to be enemies they would already be dead. She had little more time to consider her thoughts before the sound of the Nightmother suddenly collapsing grabbed her attention.

She would have reached for her but for the flame that poured from her body, it was the way of witches not of her sorcery however once it abated she grabbed hold of Vytal and held her fast as she turned to look at the being before them. Her eyes were now a bright yellow, her mouth opened only slightly to show her anger as perhaps the first time Vytal would be able to see Sabine's fangs in her absolute wrath, though before she could move the dark from above demanded her attention. "What is that, and what just happened?" the tone was harsh but directed to no one in particular, perhaps in a calmer moment she could analyze but that was not this moment.

xHoK8b.png

MhxKjxk.png

T H E . W A Y . I S . D A R K
"What," the shadowy figure's masculine and gravy voice asked, "is a god?"
The luminescent figure's airy voice added, "Is it an uncaused cause?"
"The oldest, wisest, and most powerful spirits of Creation?"
"Or could even a powerful, older spirit lay claim to the title?"
The black figure hopped down from its perch and rose to a height nearly six feet six inches off the ground. Ivory eyes began to fade to red, and the shadows that wrapped itself about him soon began to peel away as a moderately armored, broad shoulders man took shape before their eyes. "We lived far longer than any creature does in your world now," he sneered. "And longer still supporting the pillars of that world -- though I know not why, when it should be ours."
"It is a role we accepted long ago to ensure their continuation -- and our own," the melodic voice responded patiently. Short tendrils of white lace seemed to fan out behind and around her figure even though there were no currents of air to account for it.​
"A mistake that shackles us to our eternal prison. One we should unmake."
A soft glow of blue from where the entity of Light's eyes should be surfaced, and then were drawn to the yellows of the whole that held Vytal's mostly limp body upright. "Let us not bore our guests with our endless debate. They've come so far, and this one has questions." Though it was difficult or perhaps impossible to make out, there was still an 'impression' of a smile upon her lips for a moment.​
With a clearing of the throat followed from the monk that stood between them. "I am told the Nightmother, some time ago, encountered a powerful spirit in the Nether realm. One that granted her salvation and a power to leave Dathomir. One that claimed to be the Fanged God. It is this spirit that you saw... excused from our proceedings."
"I will deal with it later," the pale man to the left growled as he stepped forward. "Do you intend to defend the Witch in your arms? You know, if you abandoned her, you could claim power itself. It lays before you even now."
The monk smiled patiently with his hands clasped before him, while the entity of Light to the right made not a sound in response.​
Vytal soon drew in a stronger though still weakened breath as less of her weight was placed in Sabine's care. The bright radiance of energy normally present had become dimmer, almost little more than the polished emerald of any living creature. "Do not... trust them," the Nightmother breathed.​
YushaBot.png

Sabine listened perhaps more intently than she had intended as one of these spirits spoke explaining that something had been excised from the Nightmother, something she would properly inquire about at a more appropriate time and place. She helped to steady Vytal, and rose from the ground as the being on the right spoke to her. Perhaps it was intended perhaps not, but his tone conveyed a haughty arrogance that she was all too familiar with, speaking of power taking what one wants and burning the galaxy in the wake.

She could not deny that in times past she too would have leaped at the chance of power it was after all the way of the Sith, but as she and Vytal had discussed on the way to this meeting power for the sake of power is what corrupts completely and utterly and eventually leads the one seeking it to utter ruin. If one thing her time with the witches had taught her, there are many paths to power and all must be trodden carefully.

“Do you think me a fool? You may be older than the foundations of this galaxy but I am no child among those mere mortals you look down upon.” she focused her yellow eyes on this figure “I have lived long enough to see what happens when one blindly accepts power, without considerations to the contrary.” her eyes narrowed at him as if his entire presence offended her as a smile tugged at the corner of her lips, not a pleasant or amused smile this would be a smile that would make one’s blood run cold as it was pure bloodlust wanting to rip the being apart Sabine was marvelous at holding it back, however. “You represent what destroyed the Sith Empire of my time so no, I will not abandon her.” she glanced at the Nightmother and scoffed at her warning to not trust. “So little faith Vytal?” there was a soft chuckle that followed “I suppose it is well deserved, Sith are not known for their introspection.”

xHoK8b.png

MhxKjxk.png

"Faith?" Vytal's eyes slid aside to regard the woman for a moment as the dull aftermath of the pain could be felt throughout her body. "No. Experience with spirits." A wan smile crossed her black lips. When it came to the Sith, the Nightmother as a young Witch had never seen them as a positive influence, or a worthy student. Sabine, however, was not one of them. Once she'd been part of a body that shared the name, but in name only evidently.​
The man's unblinking, red eyes regarded Sabine after her response. A mirthless smile crept over his lips. "Not old enough to know when you're offered power you should take it." His right hand rose before him as his fingers curled inward. If Sabine had taken his offer then she might be able to oppose him.​
"Enough." The radiant woman's voice softly, but succinctly demanded. "I did not accompany you here so you could torment the mortals."
A sharp, dismissive growl followed as he whipped his hand back down. Perhaps he'd have the pleasure of making Sabine writhe another time then.​
Slowly, the woman of light glided closed to the two women with a smile on her lips. "You," her blue eyes shifted to Sabine, "are wise not to taste of the Font too eagerly." Then her gaze shifted back to the pale woman whose physical strength was swiftly returning. "And you," her hand rose to caress Vytal's cheek, "I am pleased to see your mind open to powers you yourself do not conjure. Knowledge is its own reward."
"Knowledge is a tool bereft of purpose without the power to manifest your will in the world," the male snapped as he crossed his arms across his chest. "And please stop pretending you're anything more than a pacifist that would have them bury their noses so deep into their books they'd turn to dust without ever, once accomplishing anything worthwhile in life."
A silent sigh passed between her lips as she drew back and turned to regard the antagonistic figure. "You need not be jealous, Fanged God, these women are your daughters, but that does not make me any less their mother."
"How generous, Winged Goddess. Would you like to impress the fanged one with a name she has cried out in the dark?" With a bark of a laugh, he unfolded his arms and stalked toward the pair until he'd closed within four feet of them. "She," he pointed at Vytal, "has no power here. And you still follow her?" A studious gaze was leveled at Sabine. "A fool's errand." A long moment passed before his lips suddenly turned up at the corners. "But sometimes the fool wins the war."
"That 'Fanged God' you knew before might have been impressive, but I am undeniable. And this is your second chance to undo your greatest mistake, Nightmother. Care to take the chance, or would you rather return to your world, a powerless husk?"
Fanged God? Winged Goddess? Vytal's eyes shifted between them with flat, thin lips. They claimed to be gods, and that they'd banished another god -- her god -- or... an imposter? What was a god? Vytal vaguely recalled them asking that question earlier. Hadn't its essence been that of Dathomir? Or could it have been lingering around Dathomir to siphon power? Or were they the Fanged God Nightsisters would know, but this Fanged God was a more ancient... version? Perhaps one not bound to a single planet? Did that make him 'greater' or merely... different? Perhaps drawn out to the wider world by the Nightsisters themselves spreading throughout the stars driven there to preserve their way of life by the Battle of Dathomir centuries ago?​
With a twist of Vytal's lips, the Witch glanced back over at Sabine once more. "When I was young and foolish, I ventured into the Nether. Alone. Dark spirits sought to devour me, but I came upon a realm in its depths where a powerful spirit that felt as though the Fanged God himself resided. In exchange for saving my life we struck an accord. This is where I learned not to trust any 'agreements' between the Living and the Dead. Those unaware of the danger might find their body and soul that of a spirit's for all time."
"I do enjoy those arrangements, myself. They're like a vacation," Ha Cokaya crowed.​
A quiet hiss followed the man's declarative approval. "This... deal gave me access to the power of the Nether, keeping myself and the Sisters that left Dathomir with me supplied with ichor. And now," her eyes fixed on the feminine and then the masculine figures before them, "you say this has been undone?"
YushaBot.png

A small smirk appeared upon her lips as she looked over at Vytal. "In that regard, you would be right, but some things remain constant when dealing with people or spirits." she turned her eyes back to the red-eyed man as he spoke again to her. "Old enough to know nothing comes without consequence, that any road to power requires a price." she shifted her attention as another voice pulled her attention as he moved away, she looked over at the radiant woman as again Sabine was addressed before again the red-eyed man addressed both of them before Sabine again.

She almost sneered at the man "Knowledge itself is power, knowledge allows one to move the levers of power subtly, to maneuver a thing in just the right way to give one advantage. To change a galaxy? That fully depends on the knowledge obtained but to say it is bereft of power is a sign of ignorance willful or not." yes perhaps she was challenging a 'god' but ask her if she cared in that moment and the answer would be a firm no.

Spirits or Gods whatever, Sabine was never one to mince words before and she would not be now and this 'fanged god' was already trying her patience before she could utter another word however Vytal looked over to her and that immediately broke her focus and as soon as she began speaking she fell silent hearing the story of Vytal's ordeal made sense as to why she urged caution to the initiate witches and to her. Sabine's own eyes followed to the one called 'winged goddess' curious to the answer as well.

xHoK8b.png

MhxKjxk.png

The Fanged God snorted as Sabine went on. "Wonderful. You and the Winged Goddess should sit around a little table drinking tea on a Spring day. You can wax philosophy while the galaxy burns down around you. Find the smartest scholar, and you'll find someone that's too busy reading books instead of putting anything into practice."
"Please excuse the Fanged God. He would like nothing more than for you to drown yourself in the Font of Power and take his place so he can be the one to personally set the galaxy on fire," the feminine figure said with the tone of one that patiently suffered such displays more often than she would like. "But let us not digress too far from the matter..." Her blue eyes fixed on the pale woman present. "If you left here, now, you would not posses the strength others have come to expect of you."
"You'd be lucky if a tenth of the dark spirits honored your pacts," the masculine figure quipped.​
Vytal frowned, but she could not disagree. The more powerful they were the less persuasion worked on them; there were plenty of exceptions, but they more often than not respected strength.​
"Be that as it may," her blue eyes swung back to the two mortals in their presence, "we are where we are."
The humble man that stood between the two bowed his head slightly. "These is wisdom in what has been shared here, even if the manner of its sharing can leave something to be desired." Eyes happily squeezed shut with a smile on his lips, the robed figure did not chance a glance over at the Fanged God whose expression was not so terribly amused. "This place can perform miracles both great and humble. Though often those that seek it drink of it too greedily--"
"Despite lacking discipline."
"Or wisdom."
"--and become monstrous visages that would terrorize the galaxy," the Walker continued. "And I dare say one's gods would not strip a devoted worshiper of their power without a greater plan at work."
A toothy grin split the red-eyed man's face. "Let's not presume too much."
It would seem the spirits claiming the title of Fanged God has something in common... a deplorable sense of humor. Vytal would not put it passed the deity to strip someone of their power for amusement's sake; not that they would do so before an overwhelming spring of power eternal itself. All the same, she did believe in the Twin Deities unquestionably. Though the spirit that had granted her power away from Dathomir had demanded more than mere worship -- a steep price that had the Nightmother warning all that agreed too quickly to a spirit's proposal.​
Vytal looked over at Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix for a moment. "If this is as they suggest, you must be prepared. I have read the accounts of those that drank of the Font or bathed in the Pool. Such a creature cannot be allowed back into the realm of the Living." Was that asking a lot? Of most people, perhaps. Of a Sith Lord of one of the oldest Sith Empires (ignoring Pure Sith Empires), however, the Nightmother doubted the woman would lack in resolve to do whatever needed done.​
YushaBot.png

Her eyes followed ‘the fanged god’ a small smirk forming on her lips “For a supposed God you are quite narrow-minded. My pursuit of knowledge is not in exclusion to what must be done, I will gladly burn the galaxy myself if I must but it will be done on my own terms.” the amber color of her eyes was vivid with a coldness matched only but the sharpness of her words. “Perhaps it means little to you, but I have ended countless lives before I am not above doing it again, what I do not do, is seek power blindly.” she would have said more but the voice of the winged goddess halted her.

Her eyes turned and softened a bit, what Sabine said was true thousands if not millions had died by her orders over the previous lifetimes she had lived and served the Sith Empire she very much would if she deemed it necessary turn planets to glass in order to remove a threat to those she was sworn to protect and to serve, in that way perhaps the fanged God was correct, perhaps she did serve lesser people but hers was never a desire to rule. She shook such thoughts from her mind and regarded the words being spoken to Vytal.

As soon as Vytal spoke she shook her head slightly with a small smile and even a short laugh despite the seriousness of the situation the amber color of her eyes faded a bit as she spoke “Vytal Noctura, if there is one being in the galaxy that might survive it, it is likely you. But I assure you, should the worst come to pass it will be dealt with and I promise it will be quick.”

xHoK8b.png

MhxKjxk.png

"So you're not committed then," the masculine figure retorted. "As such, perhaps I could help you find your focus by excising that tongue from your mouth."
As his hand began to rise in Sabine's direction, Vytal stepped between the two. Of course magick cared little about line of sight, especially when cast by someone purportedly of the 'Fanged God's' power. Such was not her intention. The message made plain in her position was what mattered. The gaze of god and woman held as the Winged Goddess spoke until it became clear neither could draw out their silent contest at the expense of more pressing matters.​
After the back and forth, the pale woman looked to the Vampirika that had accompanied her here. Perhaps it was comforting to hear someone was confident in her abilities. Though Vytal wondered if her ability to survive was the result of power, wisdom, or being the most bull-headed creature in both realms. Obviously her present plight was the result of arrogant disregard. Now her latest circumstances might in a sense be the same. Drinking from the Font or bathing in the Pool were far from simple in their lasting consequence.​
When Vytal took a step toward the Font, she found the Walker to one side of her path with both hands aloft and a chalice held in them. "A vessel, Nightmother?"
A moment of contemplation followed before the Witch continued on her way. How much could a person drink? How much should they? How were such things measured? Would a chalice beg to consume too much? Did it represent something on a spiritual level that would influence the outcome? Something told her there were no answers and only an endless list of questions one could ask.​
Once she stood before the Font, Vytal's green eyes peered down into the crystal-clear pool of water that rippled as currents flowed from its height only to beg invitation. Greedy souls. Greedy souls drank their fill and became corrupted from it. Drank from it in a realm where space and time were not as they seemed.​
Slowly, the Nightmother knelt down before the Font. After she drew in and expelled a deep breath, she reached out with one hand toward the pool of water. A moment later her hand rose without the slightest ripple of water disturbed by intrusion nor an excess of fluid that flowed from her flesh. A sharp eye could spy a lone drop on the tip of the pale woman's finger; one that was lifted overhead, which trembled at the tip of her finger, and soon fell between black lips.​
A heavy sigh followed. "I love you as a daughter, but you must work on your ambition."
Vytal turned to look over at the man before she looked over at the woman.​
The shining beacon of a woman simply smiled before her blue eyes drifted over to Sabine. What of the other woman that had come here?​
The reaction was not quite what Vytal had expected. She slowly rose back to her feet and turned around to look at Sabine expectantly. Did the other woman notice anything unusual? Anything sinister? Vytal doubted if it were so she herself could be trusted to judge it being the victim of the corruption. A warmth had blossomed within with a strength she'd felt absent as the conversation had drawn on.​
YushaBot.png

At times fear was a healthy thing, like knowing when to shut up when talking to a being that was most likely far more powerful than a single person would ever be, that said such instincts of self-preservation were not really kindled until Vytal moved between her and the fanged god. That simple movement seemed to underscore and serve as a reminder to Sabine of where they are and what they are dealing with and for the first time, she fell silent. Vytal may have just saved her a great deal of pain and suffering or simply delayed it, time would tell in that regard.

The tense exchange of silent stares between the fanged god and Vytal endured for a moment but to Sabine, it seemed as if another thousand years had gone by. Though as quickly as the standoff had begun, it ended as Vytal began to walk away from the fanged god toward the font of power she watched closely and kept her senses keen and ready to move in a moments notice she heard the words of the winged goddess but she didn’t truly listen. Vytal continued on to the font past the offered chalice and Sabine smiled a bit as she had simply dipped a finger into it and took in a single drop, did she sense a change? Yes but nothing harmful, had she sensed corruption or anything of the kind Vytal would never have even turned around in all this, Sabine had never even moved her hand to her lightsaber.

As quickly as all the events had unfolded just as suddenly all eyes turned to her. It was an uncomfortable moment but Sabine regarded each of them for a time, after boasting so loudly to the fanged god and rejecting him so harshly dare she become a hypocrite and reach out for the same power she a moment ago shunned? She went to speak but before she could form any words she paused yet again a pull, powerful and old drew her and before she even realized she had turned and begun walking away from the small gathering. It was a good distance but it seemed that she had closed it in short order.

Curiously in her mind, she heard the final words spoken to her by Vitiate before he sentenced her to slowly die over a thousand years. “Unchecked Sabine, you would become a threat to me, a situation I will not allow. I thank you for the opportunity to rid myself of you. It is unfortunate you could not be made to be an ally, instead your long life will be wasted away and finally taken from you.” her eyes narrowed as she remembered the words and they echoed in her mind. She recalled the exchange just before her imprisonment how he had gloated in victory, which now in hindsight had been apparently premature. An impact on her foot returned her from her thoughts she allowed her eyes to drift down to the pool below her. Studying the surface of the water for a moment before she then closed her eyes as the force touched her mind showing she had heard tales of this before, how even gazing into the pool would trigger visions of the future sometimes even past events. In this moment it showed her a few things, ultimately every outcome of her decisions at this moment and what lay in store in their future, a growing threat poised to strike from the nether at Voph? It was a malevolent force and while not an expert on the Nether she knew it to be more severe than a simple monster.

She had seen from the pool of knowledge what she should do at this moment, so at the moment she would not hesitate as she took a knee next to the pool and reached both hands into the water careful to not take anymore than necessary and in a swift motion lifted her hands and poured it over her head, an act to her that would be out of the norm had she not seen what would happen. She remained there a moment as the water rushed off her head and over her body before slowly she began to rise from the ground before she turned back to where she had left Vytal. What the pool had shown her was exactly the path she had chosen to turn back the hands of time, to regain the life she had lost as she was slowly tortured for centuries. She would have that time back and in the process returned to a younger form.

When finally she had returned to the group her hair was only slightly damp and her features on a normal human would look like they had turned back a decade but for a vampirika millennia had simply washed away with the waters from the pool, when she approached them that same smile of Sabines curled up on either side of her lips and she inclined her head ever so slightly “That was quite refreshing. If our business is concluded we should hurry, Voph is in danger.” If Sabine was aware of the full extent of the changes she did not show it.

xHoK8b.png

MhxKjxk.png

Vytal watched Sabine turn and walk back the way they'd come. A mental raising of an eyebrow followed, but the Nightmother said nothing.​
"Are you sure you trust her?" The red-eyed man asked while his gaze had turned back to the pale woman still present.​
Slowly, the Witch turned to regard the spiritual being present. "She is part of my Coven family," she replied without elaboration.​
"She does seem to understand prudence," the shining lady remarked.​
A short guffaw followed the statement. "Wagging her tongue before a god is prudence now? Perhaps you have gotten old." The Fanged God could not sport a large smirk as he looked over at his counterpart.​
Vytal closed her eyes for a moment to keep from sighing. Truthfully, she'd never met the Winged Goddess before -- though if these two were right she'd never met the Fanged God before today either -- so naturally she had never seen the two in the same place. Now that such a circumstance was experienced first hand, the Witch couldn't say she was surprised so much as amazed how life-like they were. It seemed time and power had not weathered their spirits as it might most. Especially the Fanged God. Actually, that was as reassuring now as it had been years ago with the other that claimed the role. Despite the darkness, the Nightsisters did not fall to corruption because of a fluke -- it was a natural state of being to a prepared soul.​
While Sabine was away, however, the opportunity was taken to address the pair. The other spirits demanded worship. Neither here had demanded anything, but Vytal was not opposed to bringing others before these two. They certainly played their roles well, and their auras were powerful enough not to be spiritual con-artists. The Nightmother would like to think she could see through such a ruse. Perhaps she'd been blinded in her youth by inexperience, and simply accepted what seemed evident all this time... With a broader scope of spiritual exposure, however, Vytal could see these two being gods. Ignoring the sibling-rivalry like interaction between them.​
"Thank you," Vytal added as Sabine rejoined them. The Nightmother's eyes shifted among the three that stood before her. "I hope we will speak more often even outside of this realm."
With a slight bow of the head, the pale woman turned to move toward Sabine and the way they'd come. "There is no need to hurry, here, Sabine. And Voph is perpetually in danger." It was not that the pale Witch cared so little for the portent, but one might as well fret that it might rain the morrow. "You look particularly radiant, now. Perhaps it is I that should ensure you do not become consumed by the power of this place?" Her eyes slipped to the side with the shadow of a smile on her black lips.​
The Pool of Knowledge was as dangerous as the Font of Power. The two of them might as well have been juggling thermal detonators just by standing there. Fortunately, they seemed to have survived the ordeal.​
YushaBot.png

L E A R N
UG850b6.jpg

While outward her changes might be radical, what was beneath was the same. The millennia of experience and knowledge had simply been retained now into a younger vessel, she was the same yet different. The pool had shown her much in what to an observer would have seemed but fleeting moments allowing her to see what would happen in various permutations of attempting to seek power. The one she had latched onto was the one that showed she had most to gain. Gain for Sabine though has never been measured in reward or power for her but in time, the pool had restored to her the time lost in stasis but even more had brought her closer to her young self as she had been shortly after leaving Korriban ensuring that she would endure much longer than her species should.

As the Nightmother spoke a smile formed on her lips with a small laugh escaping as she shook her head, white strands of hair swaying from side to side that in and of itself might perplex the Nightmother, her hair had previously been blonde the answer was quite simple ‘blonde’ for Vampirika did not exist, it had been a color she chose later in life on that had now been undone. “Of that, you are correct. Perhaps one day I will have to tell you of Voph during the Empire.” she smirked mischievously before turning her gaze back toward the Fanged God and the Winged Goddess in turn.

She then let her eyes rest on the man that stood between them all, the only one who seemed to be able two quell the two Gods, she knew not who he was. The spirits and the Gods with whom the Nightmother communed, Sabine quietly lamented not attending more of the Nightmothers classes Sith sorcery was similar perhaps but at the same time so very different.

Last edited:
MhxKjxk.png

Vytal smiled. "I'm sure there would be many stories to tell," the Witch acknowledged. Naturally she would be interested in hearing them, but there was no need to appear demanding, or too inquisitive. Sabine was an intelligent woman whose presence the Nightmother enjoyed; but she was no young Sister in need of motherly guidance. A shrewd and cunning Sith of the sort Vytal could stand -- unlike most others of the modern era, apparently. Nevertheless, it would be foolish to entrust everything in the other woman's care. Pleasant company as she was, Sabine had her own agendas.​
The male greater spirit present smirked even as Sabine seemingly paid them no mind. She could proclaim a studious and selective acquisition and use of power all she like, and she could decry his efforts to get them to drink greedily and deep of this place, but neither mortal present had disappointed him. Perturbed him. Nearly been the victim of his ire. But not disappointed him.​
Meanwhile, his opposite stood with her hands clasped before her and tendrils of white energy wafting about her person. Unlike her twin, her expression hadn't changed in the slightest. Every motion seemed to have a purpose, and bereft of that she waited on their guests to act and deserve a response.​
After he briefly touch his chest, the man between them extended his hand out toward the two women as he smiled. It seemed words were no longer necessary, and this happy gathering had come to an end. Though the monk certainly hoped Sabine hadn't bathed more than her measure in the Pool. Unlikely the two spirits present, however, his eyes did not permeate the place. Something had occurred when the Vampirika left only to return undeniably different and yet the same. Given the few options in this realm, the Pool was the most likely cause. Curious the two women would chose the one they had. There was no 'right' answer, of course, merely different choices. Perhaps they'd meet again -- spirits willing.​
Soon the vision of their surroundings began to ripple and faded until the women found themselves back in the chamber where the venture began. The veil separating the two worlds was no gone, however. Only bare rock remain, along the tunnel back the way they'd come.​
"As you said, now we should hurry," the Nightmother acknowledged before she began to set off toward the exit. The flow of time had returned to its natural course, and they only had so much time before events unfolded. "Would you indulge a Nightmother in what this danger is?"
YushaBot.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom