Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lady and Brat

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
Dorthea’s personal ship shed more and more speed as it plummeted through the atmosphere. The flames of reentry extinguished as the ship reached reasonable atmospheric speeds on New Cov. Dorthea quietly cursed to herself as she realized that she had started her descent from orbit too early and the final leg of her journey would take longer than expected.

She hated being late.

Keying her comm, she opened a channel with Ilic flight control, “Flight Control, this is Bean Counter. I know that I have a scheduled arrival time, but I seemed to have misjudged my reentry. I’ll be taking a little longer than expected, be advised”

Nervously, she shut off the comm and refocused on flying. As she pushed her engines to cut through the atmosphere as fast as possible, she remembered why she was here. Liin Terallo Liin Terallo had heard that Damascus Station sold Beskar, and had seemed interested in that fact when she reached out. The shipyards that Dorthea was responsible for were also mentioned. Dorthea could not resist the opportunity, considering that Damascus Station had… certain needs as well.

But long range correspondence had been out of the question. Sensitive information would need to be shared and Damascus Station was in a fragile state. Being home to 1.5 billion beings, Dorthea needed to always proceed with care when handling the sensitive problems that her people faced.

She hoped that Liin Terallo Liin Terallo was the kind of woman that knew how to deal in good faith…

"Bean Counter, this is Flight Control. Sending you the co-ordinates to the Ilic vent system. It should open upon your arrival. Follow the pipe down and then proceed to spaceport I-3. Acknowledged?"

I sit in the drawing room, reading from an old book as I await the arrival of my guest. Damascus Station is one of immense size with a population fitting of an entire world. The capabilities that it houses are intriguing as well. Not to mention, useful.

I reached out to it's Chief Director hoping for a pleasant conversation with plenty of promise for both of our peoples. Indeed we both are a part of the Corporate sector, and therein lies a commonality. I just hope that it is merely a starting point for a wonderful business relationship.

A sidd table contains numerous refreshments of high quality. Everything was set. All that was needed was the Chief Director. I hope that she is a kind woman. But these days one never can tell. I learn that with each visit with offworlders that I have.

Tag: Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson

Dorthea Dobson

The Bean Counter bobbed and weaved through the junctions and bends of the tunnel system at breakneck speeds that only a master pilot could achieve.

Dorthea was not a master pilot.

The ship scraped the walls of the tunnels on nearly every turn, and on more than one occasion, she accidentally broadside-collided with a jarring stop. Minor alarms indicating damages to the outer hull went off as she struggled to concentrate on flying.

She hated being late.

Finally, her ship charged into the hangar bay in a shroud of smoke and sparks. The only thing more violent than her dramatic entrance were the curses flowing out of her mouth, as she blamed everything in the galaxy other than herself. Thankfully, she at least had the credits to pay for damages to the tunnnel.

She barely managed to extend the landing gear before the ship literally impacted the tarmac. The ship skidded, turning sideways as friction and sparks bled off the last of her inertia.

Cursing some more, Dorthea stood up, hammered on the emergency power kill switch, straightened her uniform, and strode out. The hangar chief was awaiting her at the bottom of the loading ramp and he started to say something. She immediately shut him up by throwing credits at him (lots) and declared, “I don’t have time for talk! Charge the damages to my hangar account. I’m late enough as it is! Point me to the taxi pool!”

Bewildered and in a state of near shock, the man simply pointed and Dorthea stormed off.

Finally, the taxi arrived, and Dorthea threw more credit chits at the driver as she charged out. She straightened her uniform once more as she ran, and followed the signs. A quick inquiry to a receptionist revealed the exact room number of Liin Terallo Liin Terallo ’s drawing room.

Outside the door to the room, Dorthea pause and gave herself a quick once-over. She couldn’t see her hair, but at least she could keep her uniform straight. And she didn’t want to think about the sweat pooling under her armpits…

One last sigh, and a pasted-on smile, she knocked on the door…

I set down my book. My guest will soon arrive. I had already been given word by my staff that have received recent communications by the hanger crew. Apparently there was a mess to clean up. Was the Chief Director being chased? Or not very well trained as a pilot? I know that if I was ever to pilot a ship that I would probably crash straight away.

It is a good thing that I never offer to fly.

When the knock arrives at the door, I was sitting and lost in thought. My previous encounter with Darth Temerant Darth Temerant gave me a lot to process. How much of what he had said is true? Today's meeting will prove just that.

With nary a pause, I stand up straight and adjust my dress accordingly. I nod to the staff and they open the door when the signal was given revealing my guest standing in wait. The Chief Director is even more impressive than her pictures, regardless of the slightly messy hair. I put on a genuine smile as I approach her. "Welcome to New Cov, Chief Director Dobson. Can I offer you a refreshment? I hear that you've had wuite the journey."

Dorthea Dobson

The door slid open with a hiss, and revealed the visage of Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Dorthea was blown away for a moment as the woman before her stood with an air of class and grace! Liin wasn’t really beautiful in a “showing off her curves” kind of way — Dorthea simply could not stand such a thing —Dorthea wasn’t really attracted to her either — she wasn’t like that — but before her stood a woman of proper upbringing, pedigree, and class. The kind of woman that little girls wished they could grow up to become. Even though Miss Terallo looked much younger than herself, Dorthea couldn’t help but feel a mixture between admiration and a little envy.

Dorthea herself had been brought up within the Dobson standards of society. But the despite the Dobson knack for weaselling into the upper echelons of various societies, the Dobsons had a long history of getting “run out of town” shortly after. Dorthea had done her very best throughout her life to shed her family’s reputation behind her, but even she had been kicked out of high level meetings on multiple occasions. She had always regarded herself as a higher being that stood above the rabble, which got her into trouble, but here

… here, she felt small. Embarrassed. Impressed — no — admiration.

She stepped inside and extended her hand for a shake. She opened her mouth to say something, but her vocal cords forgot to kick in. She grinned, flushed, and tried again, “h-hi! I’m a dress — I MEAN, DORTHEA! DOBSON! …Director… Dobson…” She shook her head for a moment, and blinked hard to feign exhaustion, covering up her embarrassment as much as possible, “Sorry, it was a stressful journey. I can’t stand tardiness from others, and yet, here I am, late. I cannot apologize enough for this. I hope you’re still willing to talk business?”

The Chief Director extends her hand and I place my own within it, giving it a gentle shake. My eyes never break from hers and I keep my pleasant smile from fading as she stammers over her words.

Upon hearing that she has had a stressful journey, I direct her over to the refreshment table. "Apoligy accepted, Director Dobson. I only hope that the journey was not too daunting for you. I am well aware of the vast distance between our homes. Come and help yourself to some well deserved refreshments." There is much to be had; various teas, caff, wines, canapés and desserts. It is very much set up like a High Tea. And everything smells as delicious and fresh as it all looks.

I pour myself some tea and settle on a few different styles of canapés. Dessert can be enjoyed later. I lead us to a small table next to one of the round windows overlooking the jungle on the other side of the dome. There I place my tea cup and plate down gently so that there is nary a sound when the two meet. I sit on the chair, crossing my feet at the ankles and tucking them underneath the seat of the chair. My back is straight and poised as I have never gotten into the habit of slouching. I find myself studying the Chief Director. Her persona is amplified by her experience and I hope exude that myself as I get older.

"I am very delighted that you have decided to meet in person. I trust that everything is going well at Damascus Station?"

Dorthea Dobson

"Apoligy accepted, Director Dobson. I only hope that the journey was not too daunting for you. I am well aware of the vast distance between our homes. Come and help yourself to some well deserved refreshments."
“Thank you” Dorthea replied as she moved over to the refreshment table beside Liin Terallo Liin Terallo and settled on a cup of tea. Until recent years, Dorthea had been a rather portly woman before certain life changes had taken shape. She now exercised, dieted, and trained regularly as a means of managing stress and as a mark of her pride. She figured the tea was the best option besides coffee for maintaining her calorie intake. She rather avoided coffee ever since a particularly strange incident with the Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch when he was revealed to be addicted to the stuff. So tea it was.

As Dorthea moved to sit opposite of Liin Terallo Liin Terallo she noticed the younger woman watching her. Appraising? Judging? A sudden wave of colour flushed Dorthea’s cheeks as confused embarrassment welled a little within her chest. She sat down, a little more rigid in her posture than the younger woman. Decades of military experience and life amongst military types had starched her demeanour with crisp lines and precise movements. It came naturally to her, and yet, Dorthea felt a twinge of envy at how this younger woman had so easily embodied the grace and posture of a proper lady. Dorthea resisted the urge to wonder if she, herself could’ve ever been that way in taking a different path as a younger woman.

"I am very delighted that you have decided to meet in person. I trust that everything is going well at Damascus Station?"

Dorthea blinked hard to focus and then smiled at the question, “well, define well.” She laughed, “we certainly have our struggles, being so far from habitable worlds. To be perfectly honest, that’s why I’m here, and why I came in person. However, not to be crass, but you were the one that initially reached out to me. Something about a research and development proposal, am I correct? I’d like to hear this proposal before I expose the nature of Damascus Station’s needs at this time.”

She sipped her tea. That is good! What is that???

The Chief Director's answer puzzles me a little. But mayhaps it is because she seems to be a little flushed with being around me. I am not a person of particular note just yet. However with the growing interest in New Cov, followed by new contracts and customers for our biomolecules, I am sure to be considered as a junior member of the Board of Directors.

My moment of puzzlery lasts a second longer and is shortly thereafter replaced with a warm smile and dip of my head. "Indeed. Our scientists have forged a new type of metal with the biomolecules that New Cov is known for. However we lack a production facility grand in scale enough to produce enough of the metal for use in a variety of propducts, including shipbuilding. This is where Damascus Station comes in. I have researched your facilities and they are well suited for this purpose. Is this something that you could accomodate?"

I lift up my cup of tea and take a small sip. Inside of my mind I cross my fingers in the hopes that the tidbit of information that I have given the Chief Director has at the very least piqued her curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom