Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private la façon

SetoHeader9.png

Seto Du Couteau
: Coruscant, Senate Chambers, Seto's Office
Action: Waiting, enjoying new tailored outfits
Attire

Br8YpBr.png
The suit appeared near perfect on the mannequin, Seto’s fingers slid across the shoulder and down the arm before nodding in approval. The Tailor offered a small smile, her hands swiped across a data-slate to confirm the purchase before walking towards the next selection. His office had seen plenty of renovations ever since Seto first acquired it, and for the moment he found it best suited his need for his Coruscant Tailor to show off their wares. Earlier Seto had seen a few narrowed eyes and glances tossed his way by other Senators who have seen countless of other Tailors exit his office doors.
Seto often wondered if those other Senators were as busy as they seemed to make themselves out to be. Since it was a strange thing to be judged for in his opinion, not as if he was inviting donors of large companies over, such a thing was too uncouth. Truth be told Seto himself only found time to relax when he was in his Senate Office. Outside of his office were the countless meeting rooms, more Administrators that hadn’t a clue of personal space, and perhaps most importantly there was a locked door.
It would take a battering-ram with a lightsaber to cut through that door. . .
Seto though worried that one day he’d hear the door being smashed open and later being dragged into the Senate Chambers for more work and uninteresting pater. An awful vision no doubt, he quickly moved across his office to find the next set of clothes laid out for him to inspect. The assortment of many colors and threads sewed so elegantly brought a smile upon his lips; it was something he could appreciate, the passion and artistry that these Tailors were worked tirelessly were something to behold.
A soft beep broke his longing stare towards the intercrete patterns of the clothing piece, his eyes shifting focus to the time displayed on his data-slate. Seto had never invited members of the Alliance Government into his Office, he often spoke to them outside of the Senate Chambers, after all this Office was his temple of peace and relaxation. He’d never sully these walls with talks of politics and business.
Though the Jedi Auteme was neither politics or business, the Jedi was growing in public interest and her fashion certainly played a part with more eyes being cast her way. Of course I can’t forget her speeches. With a thankful nod towards his Tailor, Seto excused the woman and she bowed before leaving his office. His door was left unlocked for his upcoming meeting and Seto waited while he gently traced along the patterns on another suit that had been left by the Tailor.
I wonder if I should prepare some of those photoshoots. . . .

| Auteme Auteme |

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways

She had no idea what to expect.

Seto du Couteau was not one of the senators she knew well. Her interactions with him were limited at best and he was among the more reserved senators of the Galactic Alliance. Perhaps that made him intelligent for considering the debate before voting and listening more than he talked. Perhaps more so because he kept his intentions secret more often than not.

As with those senate debates, she couldn't be sure of why he'd requested a meeting with her until she asked. She couldn't exactly ask unless she was in his office so she decided there was no fighting his 'summons'.

She arrived five minutes early but spent those five minutes waiting for those five minutes to pass. It was good to be early, but again she didn't know the senator all that well and decided being on time was her best bet. A woman slipped out of the room; Auteme didn't recognize her as part of Du Couteau's staff, but she seemed to have finished her work inside. The clock struck the time for their meeting.

As soon as she entered she guessed what the woman had been there for. A brand-new, exquisitely crafted suit sat on a mannequin on the far side of the office. Nothing she'd seen him wear before but perfectly on-brand for him. Even in the relaxed atmosphere of his office he dressed in clothes likely more expensive than Auteme's entire wardrobe.

She was trying, of course -- in the past few months her style had updated, often matching the Chancellor's on the days they appeared in public together. Still, she was too young to use the gaudy, heavy fabrics Chandra used. Auteme's dress today was a beautiful blue matched with an intricate sash. The length and cut of the dress made her both regal and elegant. It also hid her shoes most of the time; her simple flats were probably the least photo-worthy part of her outfit. It'd been a difficult balance to strike. Fashion and utility tended not to mix perfectly in Coruscant's aristocratic spheres.

"Good afternoon, Senator Du Couteau," she started, getting his attention. "Thank you for inviting me."

SetoHeader7.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Waiting, enjoying new tailored outfits
Attire

Br8YpBr.png
The door sliding open gave Seto the moment to turn around and face his highly esteemed guest. He closed the distance between the Jedi Representative as she introduced herself, with but a meter between them Seto bowed with one arm stretched behind him and another across his chest. His eyes glancing through his eyelashes, warmly he spoke “The honour is entirely mine, Jedi Representative and Knight Auteme.”
Straightening himself, Seto clasped his hands in front of him as his own smile grew wide and his eyes glimmered. “I am very appreciative of your accepting my invitation. As I know this may seem a bit out of the blue.” Seto explained as he took a few steps closer, his eyes glancing quickly at her attire.
A simple yet elegant design, the common saying of ‘less is more’ never stood more apparent. Of course Seto hardly lived a life to such a motto, it was difficult to stop even at one thing, more so he found himself distracted by so many choices. Such was his mind as he looked at the Jedi Knight, Seto’s mind raced with ideas and possibilities.
“I hope I am not overstepping when I say this; You are resplendent!” Seto extended his hands outwards, gesturing to the entirety of Auteme. The young Du Couteau heir was finding it difficult to contain his overall excitement, fashion was something he prized and here was someone that he hoped he could possibly relate with.
“I apologize for my excess enthusiasm, I hope I am not making you uncomfortable.” Seto added, his hands returned to his side as his own eyes remained on Auteme.
He reigned himself in, pulled back his excitement, Seto had many things he wished to say but blabbering his philosophy would only push than pull. His smile remained, as his cerulean eyes continued to twinkle like sapphires, Seto truly wanted to show an honest side that held genuine interest in the Jedi. An honest side, one side. He had constructed this honest side when he chose to become a Senator, something to hide other truths held deeper within, which was why he had originally avoided the Jedi all together. His Inquisitorial, Grey, Commissariat truths were difficult to mask.
Perhaps Seto hoped, just as he claimed that Auteme was brilliant, that he could obfuscate it all with a scintillating smile and a piercing gaze.
“Perhaps a drink? Water? Tea?” Seto asked, gesturing behind him at his desk, “. . . or this new Candied Liquid that’s been taking the young masses by storm.”

|| Auteme Auteme ||

Last edited:
"It's quite alright. As of late I've been... trying to get used to receiving compliments," she said, a humble half-brag. Not that there weren't detractors, just that people had started to recognize her for doing things. Being good. Speaking well. Dressing half as excellently as the Seto. She smiled and bowed her head in thanks. "As ever, Senator, your attire is immaculate."

For a brief moment she worried that he was, indeed, overstepping, but on the surface he seemed quite excited over something else. Was it her dress? She should've put on something fancier, but it was far too late now. If Senator Du Couteau was at least somewhat impressed, she supposed she'd done her job.

"Tea would be lovely." She glided to one of the two couches set across from each other at the center of the room, then sat, her hands falling to her lap. "I'm hardly the model of the 'young masses'."

SetoHeader15.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Enjoying Tea and Conversation
Attire
Br8YpBr.png
“Your words honor me.”
Seto bowed his head, his cheeks slightly reddening at the compliment. It wasn’t the first compliment he had received for his outfits, but he had learned to allow himself to blush as if it were the first. The young Du Couteau heir enjoyed making others feel as special as possible to him, a talent of sorts to better make others appreciative of their time spent with him. After all, they need not to express such words, or even give me the time of day.
“You are far too modest.” Seto replied, he quickly turned to grab a tray that held both the tea kettle along with a tea cup.
With graceful steps he moved towards Auteme’s right, gently placing the tea cup in front of her on a table before pouring more than half of her cup. Placing the kettle down next to the cup Seto placed for himself and sat opposite of his precious guest. With the tray emptied he deposited it on his couch to avoid unnecessary noise to ring in his office. He was being a tad sloppy when compared to his Head Butler, but alas it was difficult to act both the host and servant.
Seto poured himself some tea as well as he spoke, “-You should give yourself more credit. After all, many do credit you with the growth and presence of the Jedi Order within the Alliance.” Seto smiled throughout, even as he enjoyed a few sips of his tea.
“I mean, take myself for example, when the masses see me they see a pretty smile and one that can give them a wicked time perhaps.” Seto’s smile sharpened into a devilish grin before returning back to his normal happy expression.
“-I am someone they may want to pass the time. . . but you.”
Gently placing his cup on the table in front of him, he gestured with both free hands towards Auteme, “-You are someone that gives them a sense of hope, not for the best Jedi Order, but instead hope for a better one!” Seto smiled brilliantly towards her as he inclined his head and calmed himself down a tad.
“To be completely transparent I have my qualms with nearly any Force Order, be whatever color of lightsaber they wield.” Seto added, Personally the emerald green saber colour is my favorite, “-but seeing and hearing of your accomplishments has made me reconsider my own stance. With the Alliance and the Jedi Order it might be possible to give people a spark to believe in more than just our smiles but that they can better and believe in themselves-”
“-Just as the Jedi have done. . . just as you have done with yourself.” His eyes sparkled like sapphire, dazzling shimmering gems that Seto used before to submerge would-be opponents. His smile warm and carrying all the same. A careful balancing act to keep people from suspecting anything from him.

|| Auteme Auteme ||

Last edited:
"Well, you should know I don't carry a lightsaber," she said. She understood Seto's stance. Part of her wondered if her view might've been the same were she not Force sensitive, yet for now she was a Jedi, and she'd be lying if she said she did not love her fellow Jedi.

She nodded her thanks and picked up the teacup, taking a short sip -- proper form, of course; no sound, with the little plate that she always forgot the name of. "Thank you, it's excellent," she said, placing it back down on the table.

"I'm pleased to hear that I'm seen that way, Senator. My goal has always been to help and inspire others. The Jedi and the Senate have given me a platform; a voice with which I may speak to many, and I would do no justice by my ideals if I did not speak." That was political power -- a voice. Her position afforded her a loudspeaker. She needed to use it.

"Still, I'm hardly the only interesting one among our esteemed representatives. You've risen to such a high office at your age; might I know more of your story, Senator Du Couteau?"

SetoHeader13.png

Seto Du Couteau
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

“Really? Here I was already going to guess on the colour.” Seto raised an eyebrow, a lightsaber was a key tool associated not with Force Users in general, but the Jedi as a whole. Always something fascinating to learn from the Jedi. “But you are too correct on your point of being given a platform so it is only right for you to utilize it to the best of your ability.” He added as he gestured with his hand that held his cup of tea.

Carefully placing his cup of tea back down to the table, took a moment to think, a moment of apparent thoughtfulness as Auteme asked about the young Du Couteau heir’s history. Seto had already prepared responses for such questions of course, but the appearance of consideration of questions often removed the appearance of formulaic answers that would be seen with skepticism.

“I can’t imagine my own past being as interesting as your own, Force Users tend to lead such fantastical lives as they often encounter the swirling rapids that is of course The Force that flows through our galaxy.” Seto laughed, his smile returning as he leaned slightly forward towards Auteme.

“-I am nothing more than a Noble born in Wild Space that found himself in the center of the Core Worlds.” Seto explained briefly, “-And as to how I became the Senator of Empress Teta? Well. . .” Seto started, he leaned much further with his elbows resting on his legs and his head on his hands. His warm blue eyes locked into Auteme's own.

“Many were captivated with me at first glance while others learned how inviting and charming I could be with them.” Seto explained further as he smiled brightly.

“I enjoy making people feel special, as if they are the center of my world. For some, it is quite easy to enter into their orbit with how large their ego could be. . .” He gently chuckled, “-as for others, well I can only hope they can see themselves for how I see them, shining brightly with potential."

"I hope this answers your question."

|| Auteme Auteme ||

As avoidant a reply Seto gave, Auteme found herself enraptured in the very same way he described. There was a kind of way he looked at her -- his gaze, the little twinkle in his eye. It was as though he was committed to giving her his attention. Honestly? She liked it, and she could see why it worked, too. People liked feeling listened to, liked being the center of the world; though she resisted it most times, when she was just talking to someone it was easy to 'slip' and allow a bit of the ego to seep in.

"Ah, hardly," she joked, but still decided not to ask further. If the Senator didn't want to share about his past she wouldn't press it. Comfort trumped curiosity most of the time.

"I do admit, though, it is quite... nice, to be appreciated as a Jedi. I admit the New Jedi Order is far from perfect, yet I could name a few Senators who'd like nothing more than to see us gone; or at the very least far from the Alliance.

"Do you know many Jedi, Senator?"

invasionheader.png

Seto Du Couteau
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

Seto smiled as he leaned a bit back, feeling comfortable that for the moment his more personal history would be left for a later date. Or potentially a more public version of it made available. He hardly had stiff competition for his Senate Seat from others in Empress Teta, but he knew the folly of taking things for granted.

“Fear can be a dangerous motivation, such Senators fear what the Jedi could be and actively fight against their perceived fearful future.” Seto explained, his smile wavered as he addressed the harsh reteriotic used by such Senators, “-At the same time we have to ask what fears these Senators have are; Sadly though it is not enough to just sympathize, it's important to address these fears but I worry that these fears are fears that come from pride.”

The young Du Couteau heir sighed, even as his smile faded, his eyes glimmered at the Jedi’s next question. “Yes, there was one Jedi I met and learned from, she was quite a person, someone that I hadn’t appreciated quite as nearly enough of. . .” Seto answered, his face becoming thoughtful as the memories from Nar Shaddaa flooded back into his mind.

“She told me that the truth between her heart and the Force was the most important thing.” Seto added, his smile returning as he refocused back towards Jedi Auteme. “In fact you remind me a bit of her in a way, the earnest nature and this seemingly unshakable assurance in the Force and in one’s self within the Force.” Seto gestured with his left hand towards the Jedi Auteme.

“Life surely does give us moments with people we wish we could hold onto for just a bit more, but just like with sand following through clenched hands we must accept the moments we are given and appreciate them for what they are, pieces of our lives that make a more beautiful whole.” Seto continued, even though he wouldn’t admit it to himself, he had wondered if he had accepted that proposal long ago to become a Jedi how things would have played out.

|| Auteme Auteme ||

Auteme smiled. Again she found herself taken by his words, as though the weight of his charisma had finally settled in. Many Senators seemed more dull bureaucrats, others filled more with a vitriolic rage towards whatever they chose that day. Seto didn't speak much but when he did it was easy to listen. She might not know his story, but he could certainly make things sound nice.

"I couldn't agree more, Senator," she replied. "I've found the Force to be a vast ocean of connections; even through death or distance, the connection -- the memory -- cannot be lost." That was something that had held her together many times before. The thought of others, those memories; she pushed on through them.

She reached for her cup of tea. "Your point about fear -- that is, in part, why the Jedi do what we do. Fear because of ignorance, because of danger; everything we do should be in service of lessening fears and furthering understanding. Not that I believe there will be an ultimate success, in the end. We cannot erase fear, in the same way that we cannot know all things. But the process is rewarding, and through it there is betterment."

SetoHeader9.png

Seto Du Couteau
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

“Betterment is the key to all of this,” Seto echoed, his hand gestured around them, indicating the Senate Chambers that housed them. We try and fail, only to try and try again. Hoping that each time we do, the next attempt gets slightly better than the last. It sounded a tad hopeless, but the key being perspective to unlock the ultimate door that leads into a brighter future. Maybe it was all for naught in the end, a lie for the masses, but that lie would be the only lie Seto believed in full heartedly.

Seto appreciated the Jedi Order for that reason, they never lost the sight of their end goal through it all. Perhaps it blinded the Order to only see that bright future but faith in the Force was enough for them.

A sense of true trust in the Force.

The hope of finding more Jedi like minded brought a smile on the young Du Couteau heir’s face. He never once thought it possible to find so many people chasing after such a serene idea of peace. Maybe the trust held with so few in his circle could extend outwards a tad bit as the more he listened to Auteme the Jedi.

“To think that maybe I can share something with y-” Seto began but a sound from the door of his office cut him off.

“-You promised to meet me in the Reception hall Mister Du Couteau.”
A harsh femine voice broke into the office. Seto’s eyes widened as he looked quickly to his watch and mumbled a swear.

Looking back to the Jedi, Seto offered an apologetic face, “-To think time can move this fast. Please forgive me, but some important business slipped my mind. Senator things.” His smile wavered a tad but he could feel the narrowing eyes of the other at the door.

“Not important enough! We have quite a large selection of new tailored suits and designs!” The Tailor explained as she began to quickly snap her fingers to a few of her lackeys to begin setting up several sewing mannequins.

A short intake of breath and a sigh to allow escape of his slight annoyance, Seto turned his attention back to Jedi Auteme, stretching out his hand, “Thank you once again for accepting my invitation. Should you ever need anything from me, an open ear or a silent place to enjoy peace, my office is always open to you.”

|| Auteme Auteme ||

Auteme stared in amazement at the small flood of the tailor's assistants. Though she would later wonder if it was some kind of slight to her political presence, in the moment she felt compelled to leave the man alone with his clothes. Despite the brevity of their conversation she felt as though she'd gained another ally in the senate.

"Of course, Senator Du Couteau -- we must have another chat sometime," she said. "All the best in your wardrobe adventures. Thank you again for the tea."

She rose from her seat, then strode to the office's exit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom