Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Kyra has a new friend!

Yuroic had been training Kyra for awhile now, while he wasn’t officially her Master, he had gotten close with the girl and felt he understood her better than most Masters got the chance to. He had been strict on her as well, getting her up stupidly early hours in the morning to go running and train out in the woods. She wasn’t the easiest to deal with in the morning, he had dealt with teenagers before and he knew how to motivate her. Wandering through the temple, Yuroic adjusted his robes and studied his Lightsabers. Kyra had been keeping a very close eye on his Lightsabers as of late.

Her training had been going well, they had done very well in progressing through Makashi and were working towards the very defensive Form of Soresu. Yuroic been cautious but as Kyra opened up and became more excited during their classes, he had been more willing for her to move forward and work on new moves and even get some tips and tricks of Yuroic’s own for getting the most out of each Form. However, lately he hadn't seen Kyra around, she was missing training sessions and he feared that something happened that had driven Kyra away from Jedi training. There was little he could do for now unfortunately but wait to see where she popped up and talk to her then.

He was now wandering through the training rooms before entering one, removing his cloak and training with his robes, practising his saber moves with strong, firm moves of a well-trained Master. War was coming but he wanted to keep his skills sharp and enough he was ready for the inevitable. This had been the same room and time he had been training with Kyra, he hoped that the Force would guide her here today.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Cenric Marus Cenric Marus

Oi. You know she mighta made a mistake ... ditching the academy and all.. going off to do her own adventures!

Bad idea. Wasn't ready for it.

Yuroic had warned her facing a sith with a training sword was a bad idea, but Kyra was a learn from experience kinda gal. Now she also knew that going up against Hutts was dangerous too! Yay for learning!

She slipped back onto campus in the dead of night. Thanks to all the time her mentors spent training her in the woods around Silver Rest, she was beginning to know them like the back of her hand. Which meant she knew where to leave Cenric and his ship so they couldn't be found. While she hadn't told him, she half worried this was gonna be trickier than she first assumed. I mean jedi were jedi, right? They'd welcome him in, that was no problem.

But getting Yuroic to stop and listen to her after a few weeks of being awol with absolutely no warning?

Her palms were slick with nervous sweat as she skitted around the training hall. She didn't know where he should be, but a feeling in her gut led her forward. She was starting to learn that feeling wasn't often wrong.

"Yuroic!" She exclaimed, barreling into his side and giving him an overwhelming hug. One moment he had been in the space alone, the next he was assaulted by a fast moving padawan. Pheromones were thick in the air, pared with the ever slight empathic nudge to be haaaapppy... caaaaaalm....notmadpls.

A proper glance at her would find her black and blue from head to toe, almost like she had been beaten into submission by a group. Because. Well. She had. She didn't seem to notice, bubbling with over with nerves and anticipation. "Hi! Good to see you! Follow me please!"

She grabbed at his hand and tried to tug him out with her, giving him very little chance to respond.

Ragish and Cenric stood quietly on the deck of the small freighter that they had taken from Ylesia, both of them peering down between a small slot in the bulkheads.

The former padawan's lips were thinly pressed together. "You're going to have to replace the capacitor."

A small groan escaped the Twi'lek standing besides him. A problem with their sort was that...well they didn't exactly have a lot of money. Replacing a capacitor wasn't cheap, and whats worse was that Cenric had just burnt their biggest contact in the Underworld. Things were definitely not looking up.

"Maybe you could ask your new Jedi fri-"

"No." He cut off his friend. "We're not gonna owe the Jedi any favors."

He was determined in that.

Yuroic had been busy in the middle of a Form, well he would have been busy with the Form if he hadn't forgotten what the next move was. It had been a good ten minutes that he had been stuck on the move. He tried to go over the Form from the start and repeating the last few moves but nothing he did triggered the memory of what was next. However, before he could try to remember, Kyra burst into the room with her usual high amount of energy and jumped at him with a hug. He blinked a moment, his eyes a little glazed as he tried to remember something then shook his head and looked at Kyra with a shake of his head.

"Missing for ages, now you decide to return. Disappear any longer and I would have forgotten you." He pokes his tongue at the hyper Padawan. She was trying to tug him along, he followed her a little, not letting her rush him forward. "Hold on Kyra, explain yourself, where have you been? What is going on? Why are you trying to keep me calm with pheromones again?" Yuroic had spent long enough around Kyra and other Zeltrons to know their pheromones and show some resistance to the more passive attempts of them.

It wasn't good that Kyra disappeared without a word, she could have been attacked or in danger and should have let someone know where she was going and if she needed some help to ask for it. However, he understood wanting to adventure all on your own as well, Yuroic liked to be more independent at times. "Talk to me Kyra, I'm just upset that you didn't tell me you were going off world and that meant I couldn't offer to help keep you safe. You are a Padawan, it can still be dangerous out there for you."

Heh. Heh. Could?

She was black and blue, her lip scabbed and split and one eye nearly swollen fully closed. The injuries looked days old. A fact which helped the padawan brush them off as if they weren't even there.

"Oh I'm fiiiiiiine. It was just a little adventure! Youdidn'ttellmymomdidyou?" She asked, lowering her voice. Real fear was sparked inside her expression for a moment. And then it passed, the girl perking back up in a heartbeat.

"Come on! Pleaaaaase. I need you to trust me! ComeCome. I'll explain it all when we get there..." She kept giving his arms insistent tugs, her full weight being put into the attempts to yank the master out the door.

Kyra wasn't much for decorum. That was sure.

Yuroic used the Force and healed the worse of her injuries so that she only had a few minor bruises. It seemed like it didn't take much for Yuroic to do that much healing but he had been well versed in healing injuries especially bad ones. "A little adventure doesn't leave you with this much in injuries. I had to tell her that you weren't around the temple. She isn't exactly someone that will let a matter lie especially when it comes to her children." Yuroic was honest with Kyra, he wouldn't lie to her, "but I did reassure her that it was common for Padawans to go off on missions either with other Padawans or on their own." He rolled his eyes at her insistent tugs at him.

He followed her as he looked over Kyra, "you didn't answer my questions, you can talk while we walk." He wasn't going to let this go, she needed to explain what happened on her outing. Yuroic walked with Kyra, hands in his pockets as he followed Kyra.

Kyra blinked, looking down at herself as the worse of it melted away. A pinching relief erupted through her rib cage, the girl's breaths abruptly coming to her easier under the master's healing.

"Wait-- it is? I can do that?! She exclaimed, a whole sense of indignation coating her voice. She had put so much energy into the sneaking and the worrying about the catching! All for naught? Really?

Her shoulders deflated into a large huff, half of her stress melting right off of her.

"Why isn't that in the handbook?" She declared, taking his arm and insistently guiding him back out. Conveniently, she did not go back to the topic at hand.

"Well usually Padawans go on missions when they have an actual Lightsaber and a handle on the basic Force powers. At least when they go on missions on their own, so injuries like yours don't happen." Yuroic stated, he wasn't going to drop the matter about why she vanished for so long on him. "It is in the handbook, have you even read the handbook?" Yuroic raised an eyebrow to Kyra, doubting that she had even looked at a handbook yet alone read one.

"Hold on, we are going to talk about what happened. If this is dangerous or risky, I need to know what I am being dragged into Kyra. We can't jump into situation with no context clues, it is how you get hurt." Yuroic lectured Kyra, not wanting to endanger themselves. Not wanting Kyra to get more hurt than she had been.

Kyra's hand flickered to her pocket, where the bulk of her destroyed lightsaber laid. She grimaced, deciding now probably wasn't a time to mention it. She threw him a bone elsewhere, changing the topic.

"Fine!" She stopped short, turning to face him head on. "I went out trying to find something to do. I learned a lot lately, okay! I wanted to see if i could do something!"

I mean, she came back alive. That said something, right?

"And I did. I crashed a Hutt spice train. Like hard. And I met someone along the way, they're very niiiice! Saved my ass, and they want to meet you." She grabbed at his hand again, trying to take the choice from him. All other details were spared, the girl subtly afraid he wouldn't be willing. Cenric's parania had slowly seeped into her thoughts, whispering his fears into the back of her mind.

He studied her for a long moment when she decided to stop and explain in very little details, what she told him had Yuroic concerned for a bit. Getting into trouble with Hutts would not be forgotten for a long time. Yuroic rubbed his temples as he followed Kyra against his gut, which was screaming that something else was at play here. Especially since Kyra was being quite vague and deceptive which was not how she usually was, she tended to be loud and honest. At least with him, he had tried to encourage a safe space for her when around him.

He did note the lack of a weapon on her and shook his head. Yuroic figured that Kyra might be in need of a new training saber at least, depending on what she was dragging him to.

Kyra tugged him with quick and determined steps through the compound, not slowing as they reach the forest line. She looked back once as they hit the treeline, nodding at him encouragingly.

He could trust her.

Her eyes shone with this encouraging truth, the girl releasing his hand to carefully pull back a branch and let him through. She guided him silently, having no other words to say. There was nothing for her to utter besides he would understand in a minute, a fact that would prove true as they neared the drop off for the shadow lands. A shuttle sat parked between the trees, the two men frowning at his broken state in front of it.

"She slowed, whistling to catch their attention. " Hi! Meet Yuroic. Yuroic... meet my friend, Cenric. ... He's jedi," she uttered carefully, gaze flickering in panic between the two. "...They need protection."

"Former." Cenric quickly added to Kyra's words.

There would be no mistaking his intentions here. Ragish and him would just make a quick stopover, and then they would be headed out...somewhere. He wasn't entirely sure where just yet, but they could fix the capacitor and then make their way to someplace where they would be safe.

"And only for a week." The former Padawan said before clearing his throat. "We're not really fit for staying at Jedi Temples."

He offered by way of explanation, then bowed his head. "It is nice to make your acquaintance Master Yuroic."

Cenric still remembered some of the respect instilled in him by Cedric. The least he could do was show it.

When the Twi'lek besides him simply stood there awkwardly, Cenric smacked his stomach. A second later Ragish also bowed his head, muttering a small greeting.

Watching Kyra, she was being mysterious and it was worrying Yuroic, he never seen her act like this. When the man appeared from the shadows as Yuroic followed Kyra, he studied then man then looked at Kyra with a slightly raised eyebrow. He was curious if there was more to this story than Kyra might want to admit, the man was fairly handsome. Crossing his arms, Yuroic looked at Cenric then the Twi'lek and thought. This didn't seem to be the whole story.

"Why did you leave the Jedi that you were with?" Yuroic was interested in learning more from the man. "Pleasure to meet you as well. I am curious as to all this secrecy and what is truly going on here. Everyone is welcome to stay here and be protected, Kyra should know this, so what is going on that you must hide from others?" Yuroic's eyes were staring at Kyra then Cenric trying to figure out what was really going on.

Kyra felt his suspicion in a heartbeat. She reeled back, pulling a face.

"What, ew, no! We're not together! I don't like him! I mean. Of course I like him, he saved my life. But we're not fucking, geeeeze!" Her protested were hot and fevered. It would be nice to say Kyra wasn't a lier, but he knew that wasn't the case. However reactions like this had been reserved for emotion packed moments. Either way, she felt strongly about what she was saying.

"There's no- no secrecy! I just- didn't want security to turn him away. He's got nothing to hiiiide! Right, Cenric." She looked to him for reinforcement.

"I didn't leave." Cenric decided to ignore the insinuation that Kyra threw out, mostly because to him it was so far out of left field that addressing it seemed almost...shocking to him.

The only one he'd ever seen in that was was Mariya, and she was somewhere in the Outer Rim now, far beyond his reach and anyone else's. That was the way they had planned it. Something he was rather glad for now that he'd managed to piss off the Hutts.

"I was on a mission." A mission that failed. "When I returned the Sith had attacked our base and scattered us."

He frowned deeply. "My master and the others were nowhere to be seen, though I didn't exactly have time to search all the corpses."

Cenric bit back towards the Jedi slightly, weary of the suspicion he sensed.

Yuroic chuckled at Kyra's protests, something flicked across his minds about protesting too much, reminded him of when he protested to his Master that he was only friends with Jairdain. However, he turned his attention to the matter at hand, it wasn't important what the two's relationship was, what mattered was why there needed to be such secrecy. Yuroic crossed his arms as he eyed the boy. "Kyra, the guards would never turn anyone around, we have welcomed Mandalorians, former Sith, people from other factions. It is the Jedi way to let others in and help them, so I am surprised that you think so little of us to turn away a fellow Jedi Kyra." There was a knowing look to her, he wasn't sure what she was up to but there was something going on.

"Where were you based? Could be that your fellow Jedi returned here." Yuroic offered the boy some hope, while the Sith were brutal and aggressive in their attacks. "Giving up hope so quickly, it must be hard. However, if what you say is true then you have nothing to fear or hide here. We are working on combating the Sith, if you wish to join us, then you are more than welcome to fight the Sith." Yuroic proposed to the boy, he was curious why Cenric was eager to leave now, knowing there were other Jedi out there.

Cenric shook his head. "I'm done fighting."

After he had lost track of Cedric and seen the slaughter of the base, that decision had been easy. He was a Jedi, but that did not mean he had to go gallivanting about the galaxy fighting every evil he came across. He had to make his own way, his own decisions. Otherwise he wouldn't be himself.

At least that was the thought that clung to him.

"Perhaps some ended up here." Cenric said quietly, doubling back. "My master was Cedric Grayson."

Would he even know the name? "If he is still alive, I would like to find him."

Perhaps there he could find some answer.

Shrugging, Yuroic figured that Cenric's stance on the matter was understandable but it was regrettable. At this moment in time, inaction was not the best course of action, with the Sith growing in their strength and the Order wouldn't be able to hold against the Sith all on their own. However, if the boy had lost the will to fight then that was understandable, there had been days where Yuroic just wanted to run away and find a corner of the galaxy where conflict no longer existed. When Cenric mentioned his master being Cedric Grayson, Yuroic shook his head, he had heard of the name, there were few Jedi that the Master had not heard of and Grayson was fairly infamous among them.

"Cedric, or the Imperator as he is calling himself nowadays, is working on building his Jedi empire." Yuroic couldn't really hold back his discontent for the way that the Imperium worked, it was not the Jedi way to force their beliefs on others and to have such a dictatorship. It just didn't sit well with Yuroic but there was little he could do. "I will tell you where they are based, but I should warn you that the faction is rubbing shoulders with the Republic, our neighbours. While we aren't getting involved, it might mean more war for you." It hadn't commenced yet, but Yuroic was sure that the two factions were seeking war, though foolish when greater threats were on the horizon.

Kyra reeled at all of this reveal. Cenric had not been forthcoming about his past. Kyra had not pushed it, more relieved to have his help and company in an otherwise deary situation. Now she wished she had-- Yuroic was making offers that differed against what she wanted entirely.

"You can't leave!" Kyra exclaimed. "You just got here. I said we'd protect you! What have they done to keep you safe?" She spoke without understanding the situation she scorned. She didn't know much about anything, but it was clear his master was still very much alive. And not looking for him.

"Bit of a chit master, not even coming for you. You can't go." There was a sense of absoluteness to her tone. Like a mother ordering a child. Or a master speaking down to a padawan.

She had to get it form somewhere.

Last edited:
Cenric's features tightened when he heard the words Yuroic spoke to him.

The fact that his master was still alive didn't come as too much of a surprise, nor did the idea that he was still leading. None of it was surprising, but he couldn't hell but feel the shock run through him. A breath rolled his lungs, and his lips thinned slightly as he ran through a dozen different scenarios in his head.

Fingers tightened.

His gaze briefly flickered to Kyra, lips twisting in a scowl. "He thought I was dead, and I didn't look for him either."

Cenric had been away for a long time, but that didn't meant he would stand for someone insulting his Master. Cedric had been the only one to take him on as an Apprentice, the only one to teach him more when his potential had been less than that of many younglings half his age.

The force had never been strong with him, and Cedric had seen past that and taught him as best he could. Cenric didn't feel an inch of regret or anger towards his former Master.

Lips thinned and he shook his head.

"Thank you for telling me." Cenric said to Yuroic. "Your hospitality is appreciated."

He would not join another war. He would not be part of another Crusade or Order, but he knew he would have to reach out to Cedric. If only to ease the guilt on his own mind. "I will ensure we cause no trouble."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom