Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Kyra has a new friend!

He placed a hand on Kyra's shoulder and squeezed it firmly. Reassuring her that it was alright, it was Cenric's choice to stay or leave, to find his Master or not. While he disagreed, he had never left a student behind, Yuroic would look until a body showed him that they were dead. However, this was Cenric and Cedric's relationship and they had to respect that. "Kyra, let Cenric deal with this in the way he wants to, much like he would let you deal with things between your mother or Master on your own." Yuroic gave a firm tone to her.

Shaking his head, "while these are not the easiest times for our Order, with the Sith at our borders. We will always welcome Jedi and offer them safety and resources that they require. Do not feel that you need to rush, you can send a message to Cedric from here. Believe we have communications to the Core Worlds." Yuroic offered as he offered a small smile, "well I am sure Kyra will try to cause trouble with you, she seems to have a speciality for it from what I can gather with this latest expedition."

"No!" Kyra interjected, exploding into the moment. "You can't!" She said to Cenric. "You mustn't!" She shrugged off Yuroic's hand, the energy around her rippling with her agitation. And fear.

"I don't have a master and my mother is off fucking someone else! I don't answer to anyone, and neither do you!" Her words fell to Cenric, the girl imploring him. Up until this point she had left him at a distance, respecting his desire for privacy and quiet. But she had never left him alone, not truly. It didn't take a jedi to see the girl had had an objective with him, and now her intentions would be clear as she laid them out before him.

"We're friends. We helped each other-- we can- we can keep helping each other. I'm already more of a family to you in a week than he has been in years!" She declared, once again not knowing what she spoke off. She saw the world so strongly from her own perspective, it was ironic that the empath could not fathom Cenric might see it any other way.

She dubbed him family. The girl did so to anyone that gave her the time of day, and she did so desperately. While her methods were questionable, her intention rang genuine. Moisture built in her eyes, the girl's lips practically wobbling as she stared fiecerly up at him.

"You can't leave me."

Cenric scoffed, shaking his head. "You don't understand a thing."

Kyra did not know of his history, how he'd fought the Sith, what' he'd done, or even the fact that he had a family he chose not to go back to. It was the same story for Cedric.

There was no doubt in his mind that if he wanted to his parents would welcome him with open arms. Just like he was sure that if he sent a missive to Cedric he would do the same. No crime had been committed by him, no wrongs had been doing. He was lucky in that he could choose his place. Cenric simply thought he no longer belonged in any of them.

He simply did not want to return, not in the same way that he had once been.

"Friends aren't made any less so by distance." The words made him think of Mariya.

She had been more of a friend to him than anyone he'd ever met. Taught him how to survive in a world without Jedi, shown him there were things beyond the Code and Order. She was beyond his reach now. They had spoken in months, but she was still his friend. That much would always be true.

"I'm not a Jedi of the Order anymore." Cenric stated, glancing over at Yuroic. "Nor do I want to be one."

His fingers brushed unconsciously against the hilt hanging at his side.

Kyra exploded and Yuroic had to sigh, she seemed to be forming attachments, strong ones too early and unwilling to let them go. Understanding from her background, Yuroic had pushed others away to avoid feelings and attachments so reacted in the opposite way due to his upbringing. There was sympathy from him but she needed to accept the way things were, to accept Cenric's decision even if she didn't like it. "Kyra! Stop." Yuroic's tone was serious and firm, she was disrespecting her family and herself with this behaviour, pushing her friend away more than she was keeping the friendship alive. "Your mother cares for you, she keeps an eye on you and talks to me regularly about your progress. And you answer to me, to Master Elise Kyra so just because you don't have a Master doesn't mean you have no one to report to." Yuroic told her, while he might be stretching the truth, he talked infrequently to Joza, he knew that the mother cared a lot for her daughter.

"As for this friendship with Cenric, if you truly care about him, then let him do what he feels is best for him. You have no idea what Cedric was like as a Master, nor the relationship that Cenric had with him so respect that decision and if you think your friendship won't survive distance. Then were you really ever friends to begin with?" Yuroic countered, taking Cenric's side in this discussion. Looking to the boy, he might think that he wasn't a Jedi anymore, but that doesn't mean he would forever be that way. Yuroic had been that way once and now he was a Master. "Maybe, but Kyra brought you here and told me you were a Jedi so sanctuary is here for you." Yuroic informed the boy, looking over to Kyra again. "Kyra, having friends, having family, having lovers. None of that is wrong, it is good for a Jedi. But you also need to accept that things are out of your control, people leave, people die, people cannot love you back. Learn to let go, accept that and remember the positive memories you have. Otherwise you could fall to the Dark Side in fear of losing."

Kyra boiled over in indignation. Feln had not actively rejected her, but by not rejecting the hand Yuroic had offered him-- by defending the attachments she feared he was going to reach out to-- well...

He might as well had.

"Well then-" she uttered at Feln, reeling at all the words both men tossed at her. Her lip wobbled in the explosion of pain the rejection brought inside her chest, an accusatory glare leveled Feln's way. The air was ripe with tension. With a deep breath, the wooble stopped. She jerked her chin up at them both.

"Since I apparently know so little," she mocked towards them both. "I'm not needed here at all." A huff hid a whimper of pain, the girl turning sharply on them both and storming back into the treeline's towards Silver Rest.

Cenric stayed silent as Kyra walked away, then turned towards Yuroic. "Thank you for your words."

He did appreciate it.

His parents had raised him well growing up, and he did not want to seem ungrateful to the Jedi here. There was still a sense of duty deep inside of him, but the prospect of joining an Order again, of the learning, of having a Master once more...he just couldn't stomach it. The idea was almost painful.

Cenric had to forge his own path.

There were stories of Jedi like that. Operating alone, moving as they could and living their lives. They all returned to the Order at one point. Some went on to found things like the Covenant, the Shadows, half a dozen other smaller organizations within the Orders themselves. He did not know if such things were for him, but he needed to find out.

"Your offer is truly appreciated." He continued. "But like the Jedi of Old...there was some things that must be done alone."

Kyra stormed off, Yuroic sighed. He didn't think she had little knowledge but she was letting her view be narrow, and not see the wider picture. Which was what he was trying to explain to herself, however first he looked over to Cenric and nodded his head. "It is harder for Kyra to understand this but she will and she will always want to remain friends. So don't let this outburst push you apart, she is young and impulsive." Yuroic explained. He didn't want Kyra to lose her friend due to one mistake.

"I understand, if that ever changes and you feel the need to be part of an Order, a family, then you are more than welcome here. Excuse me while I go talk with Kyra." He offered a quick bow then runs over to Kyra catching her up quickly. "Kyra, stop your pouting. Cenric is his own person, you would want me to respect your decision if you were in his shoes." Yuroic pointed out to her. "Now, it seems clear that you are in need of a Master to oversee your training. I am thinking that I will be your Master, I want you to learn to be the great Jedi that I see inside you Kyra. You have heart and compassion which is great, Cenric might join us someday because of your friendship with him. But you need to control your emotions and understand that you can't control everything and everyone." His tone was gentle and reassuring to her.

Kyra turned sharply, tears streaming down her face.

His words floored her, of all the moments for such things-- she hadn't expected it. His equanimity was met by a wave of hostility. In Kyra's eyes this was his fault. He had come and messed up her plans! He had offered Cenric a way out!

Where his words might have been meant to compliment, she only found insult. To follow a chastising with the declaration that he would become her master was to admonish a child and declare them incompetent and in need of supervision. Which... he practically did. She jerked back from him, half growling in scorn.

"You think it seems clear? Let me tell you whats actually clear. I. Don't have. A Master. I don't want your help-- I don't need your help! You don't know me or what I need so just- just shove it!"

She screamed, her face red from the effort. She turned from him, moving to storm away again.

Shaking his head, she was too much in her own head, ignoring his words, his tone. But he was not going to let this go. "Oh, you don't need help? So you can fight Sith on your own already then? You can fight and out think an opponent? There is nothing that you can learn from me?" Yuroic tone was cold now, she was going to see how ignorant she was being. Lifting Kyra with the Force, he slammed her into the tree and pinned her against the tree. "Fight me, get out of this, show me what a capable Jedi you are already."

Holding Kyra with his right robotic arm, Force Lightning crackled down his left organic arm as he stared Kyra down. "I am your Master." Yuroic stated in a cold tone. "I will teach you everything you need to know, I will keep you safe and I will be your safety net. Because no matter how much you push this, you need one!" Yuroic growled as he continued to hold her there.

Kyra squeaked, the impact against the tree stealing her breath away. The pain was nothing compared to the confusion and sense of fear his approach brought. She had never dubbed him capable of it, not in a million. The patient father figure braiding her hair had quickly dissolved into - into- one of mother's club partitioners, drunk and raging.

Only there was no mother here to kick his ass.

And this was Yuroic.

She clawed at his robotic hand, her eyes shinning with withheld tears. "Stop, s-s-top!" She begged, prying pointlessly at the metal fingers. "You're scaring me!" The force around her had erupted with her fear, thick with that twisted way she let her emotions spill out of her. His lightening crackled before her head, illuminating her for brief flashes.

Last edited:
It was perhaps callous, cruel of Yuroic to surprise Kyra like this. He had been careful, kind and patient in the past with her but there was something more than was wrong. He released her seeing the fear deep in Kyra's eyes. "The Sith are coming Kyra, unless you have a Master to learn from you will die, they will kill you and then they will kill the people you care about."

Standing there, he shook his head. "You can't flit about any more, look what happened to you against the Hutts. Basic criminals with no Force powers, highly trained Sith will murder you. My job is to protect you so let me protect you!" Yuroic stated in a firm tone.

Kyra fell to the ground, tears stinging her eyes as she gasped for breath. He hadn't hurt her per say, more startled her senseless.

She had expected a bad reaction on her return, but she had not been braced for this. His words overwhelmed her. His point overwhelmed her. He demanded she settle down, but the pressure of it made her want out. He tossed her friend's lives about, made a decision that was suppose to be her own come with caveats and consequences.

It locked down the girl. She had always been flighty.

She scrambled a feet steps back from him, shaking her head, unable to see past the corner he had blocked her into. He meant well, but in this moment, his intention was not received.

"No,' she whispered, wiping her hands on her pants as she brought herself back to her feet. Strength returned to her voice, a stubborn air to the way she brought up her chin. "I don't need you. I don't need anyone."

Harsh words for a harsh week. But she turned from him again, intending to leave him there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom