Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KYR-54 Skathe Hand Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Y R - 5 4
S K A T H E
ivan-lavretsov-6-00010.jpg
"They must have been hunting some big fethin' beasts out there."
- Unknown

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a legendary hand cannon for the Enclave
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Hand Cannon [Slugthrower]
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Depleted Baradium Rounds [Plasmatic]
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Depleted baradium rounds.
  • Increased firing velocity for high impact.
  • Weapon optimized for extremely fast reloads.
  • Enhanced grips for decreased recoil.
  • Glowrod attachment on the bottom of the barrel.
STRENGTHS
  • High-Impact Slugthrower: The Skathe shoots depleted baradium rounds at an extremely high velocity, affording it a high impact that can deal serious damage to armors and targets.
  • Long Ranges: When compared to conventional weapons of its type and size, the Skathe has an exceptional range that gives its user more variability in combat.
  • High-Worth: The antiquity and rare nature of the Skathe's components and overall model makes it a very valuable weapon.
WEAKNESSES
  • Low Reserves: The Skathe has a very low ammunition capacity, making it nigh impossible to use effectively without carrying extra ammunition on hand.
  • Slow-Firing: The hand cannon has a slow firing speed, making engagements against higher numbers of enemies more difficult to manage.
DESCRIPTION
Clan Kyron of Rhen Var was a people rooted deep in almost a heathen-like worship and reverence of the Winter of their homeworld, but they were also practical people. On a world as cold as Rhen Var, even simple things such as food were hard to come by; it's climate made sustained agriculture near impossible, and the treacherous landscape made lugging large hunting weapons impractical and extremely difficult, especially after a hunter had successfully secured a kill. Finally, the gunsmiths of the clan came up with a solution; a hand cannon with good range and high impact, and whose size would not be an impediment as hunters tried to maneuver through Rhen Var's topography.

Yes, the KYR-54 Skathe Hand Cannon was originally conceived as a hunting weapon.

Despite its menial beginnings, the hand cannon has a strength that is belied by its size. Not a traditional blaster, the Skathe shoots depleted baradium rounds at a higher-than-average velocity that lends it a high-impact, high-damage dealing blow with each round. The Skathe is also accurized for longer ranges, meaning that a user can use it both at short and long ranges. Overall, the Skathe is a deadly weapon, whether its prey is animal or warrior.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Su'cuy The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , I'm Shuk and I'll be reviewing your submission. Impressive hand cannon, love the image used.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
As per factory rules at the moment, you have to specify a manufacturer. Even if this may not be currently known, you must list whoever once made this weapon.

Other than that, I don't really see an issue with this weapon. Sort this out and we can get this moved along.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster Some additional changes are going to be required. For one, you've listed Mandalorian Ripper components in the construction. As you no doubt know, Mandalorian Rippers coat their rounds in energy, yet I see no mention of that anywhere in the submission. Please amend this.

Second. You are going to need to affiliate that with the Enclave, rather than have it closed market if you're going to keep it at Semi-Unique. Make this change.

Sort those two issues out, and I'll push this through.

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

I have added the energy 'coating' to the design of the weapon. As for the 'closed-market' designation, the marketplace on which it is sold is reserved only for Enclave members, to begin with. As I don't believe being semi-unique restricts a component or submission from being sold on the marketplace, is that fine?

Shuklaar Kyrdol

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster
That'll work. As for the production, the reason I'm asking for the change is because we're trying to prevent the weapon from ending up the hands of too many writers because of how closed market affiliation works. You are correct, there is indeed no hard and fast rule, but it is preferred that you change the affiliation in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom