Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KXB-110 "Red Blanket"

Status
Not open for further replies.
xMUOj99.png

"RED BLANKET"
KXB-110
N6QPJXi.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

[*]Canon Link: N/A
[*]Restricted Missions: N/A
[*]Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Krupx Munitions
  • Model: KXB-110 "Red Blanket"
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity: Moderate

• Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Bomb Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Bomb
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Thermal Paint
  • Effective Range: 50 kilometers
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Inertial Guidance System coupled with deep space Helix Syndicate observation posts.
  • Shield Disruptor Package
Strengths:
  • Shield Penetrator: Every KXB-110 bomb is equipped with a shield disruptor package, which allows the bomb to "pierce" through conventional shielding, theater shields, and planetary shields by creating a temporary gap in the shield that closes behind the missile.
  • Thermal Paint: As the outer shell of the KXB-110 peels away, the aerosolized thermal paint sprays out in a large swathe, coating the ground and everything and everyone below for a distance of 500 meters in a 50 meter wide line. The baradium core then ignites, setting fire to the paint.
Weaknesses:
  • Soft Targets Only: The thermal paint payload cannot penetrate armor and would do little to even light vehicles other than to set the outside of them on fire.
  • Imprecise: Once the bomb is away, there is no way to control who is affected by the subsequent flames, especially if there is a strong breeze.
DESCRIPTION

Have you ever seen the red fire retardant dropped on wildfires by firefighter air cars?

The KXB-110 "Red Blanket" looks like that in action, except it is not.

If you have ever had the urge to crop dust enemy infantry with thermal paint, then detonate that paint so that the very air itself catches fire, incinerating your enemies below in a half-a-kilometer long swathe, then this is the bomb for you.

Hello, I'll be judging your submission this evening. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Image Source: Krupx Munitions by Wookieepedia, 8 Game Ready Sci-Fi Missiles by Cordy
I'll need the actual links here as well.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Modularity: Moderate
What about this makes it have a modularity rating? This is generally a yes or no field.

Also, does this bomb explode through impact, or a timer?

[member="Gorba the Hutt"]

Adron Malvern said:
Hello, I'll be judging your submission this evening. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'll need the actual links here as well.

What about this makes it have a modularity rating? This is generally a yes or no field.

Also, does this bomb explode through impact, or a timer?

1. Edited.
2. It is the same bomb casing for all KXB-110 models Krupx produces, just with a different payload.
3. Fuze. It breaks open in mid-air, saturating the ground with thermal paint as described in the submission.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Gorba the Hutt said:
just with a different payload.
Please add this to the submission.

Gorba the Hutt said:
3. Fuze. It breaks open in mid-air, saturating the ground with thermal paint as described in the submission.
So from what I see youre basically making a napalm-type deal. Does the thermal paint explode into an incendiary or does it merely explode? Because the link given explains that thermal pain explodes, making a hole, not explodes into a fire.

However, I could be misunderstanding, is the fire mentioned here, meant to cause the explosion? Or does it explode into a large fire?

Gorba the Hutt said:
The baradium core then ignites, setting fire to the paint.

The baradium core goes off, which is explosion number one. This causes explosion number two when the fire sets off the thermal paint. Thermal paint does explode, but that explosion involves fire.

Fire from explosion number one causes explosion number two and subsequent fire from explosion number two.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom