OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A bomb.
- Image Source: Krupx Munitions by Wookieepedia, 8 Game Ready Sci-Fi Missiles by Cordy
[*]Canon Link: N/A
[*]Restricted Missions: N/A
[*]Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Krupx Munitions
- Model: KXB-110 "Red Blanket"
- Affiliation: Open Market
- Modularity: Moderate
- Material: Durasteel, Bomb Components
- Classification: Bomb
- Size: Very Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Thermal Paint
- Effective Range: 50 kilometers
- Inertial Guidance System coupled with deep space Helix Syndicate observation posts.
- Shield Disruptor Package
- Shield Penetrator: Every KXB-110 bomb is equipped with a shield disruptor package, which allows the bomb to "pierce" through conventional shielding, theater shields, and planetary shields by creating a temporary gap in the shield that closes behind the missile.
- Thermal Paint: As the outer shell of the KXB-110 peels away, the aerosolized thermal paint sprays out in a large swathe, coating the ground and everything and everyone below for a distance of 500 meters in a 50 meter wide line. The baradium core then ignites, setting fire to the paint.
- Soft Targets Only: The thermal paint payload cannot penetrate armor and would do little to even light vehicles other than to set the outside of them on fire.
- Imprecise: Once the bomb is away, there is no way to control who is affected by the subsequent flames, especially if there is a strong breeze.
Have you ever seen the red fire retardant dropped on wildfires by firefighter air cars?
The KXB-110 "Red Blanket" looks like that in action, except it is not.
If you have ever had the urge to crop dust enemy infantry with thermal paint, then detonate that paint so that the very air itself catches fire, incinerating your enemies below in a half-a-kilometer long swathe, then this is the bomb for you.