Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Kurah Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
zn3lux.jpg
Name: Kurah Prime

Region: Wild Space
System: The Kurahi Outreach
Suns:
  • Kolgosa [A25 White Subgiant]​
    ​Diameter: 1,427,900 km.

Orbital Position: 1.90573204 AU
Moons:
  • Noctem
    ​Diameter: 2,319 km.
  • Rotational Period: 2,347 GSH
  • Orbit: 324,700 km.
  • Orbital Period: 28.9 GSH

[*]Langos
  • ​Diameter: 937 km.
  • Rotational Period: 24.5 GSH
  • Orbit: 692,300 km.
  • Orbital Period: 97.6 GSH

Coordinates: R-20
Rotational Period: 27.4 GSH
Orbital Period: 342.5 GSD

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 10,872 km.
Atmosphere: Type I-A Oxy-Carbon Based
Climate: Tropic
Gravity: 0.9 G
Primary Terrain: Single-Continent
  • Oceanic - 95%
  • Grassland - 2.2%
  • Forested - 2%
  • Mountainous - 1%
  • Stepped - 0.8%
tumblr_mz46kakGfx1qcbq9jo2_r1_500.gif
Native Species:
  • TBA
Immigrated Species:
Primary Languages:
Government:
Population:
  • Ruferalahuín - 1,120
    Ruksenmih - 140
  • Tera'Ma - 980

[*]Human/Near-Human - 800

[*]Vong - 500±
[*]Aal'run - 100±
Demonym: Kurahi
Major Locations:
  • TBA
  • TBA
Major Imports:
  • Foodstuffs
  • Medical Supplies
  • Force Beasts
  • Aquatic Equipment
Major Exports:
Affiliation:
  • The Ruksenmih Enclave
  • The Horde
tumblr_mz46kakGfx1qcbq9jo1_500.gif

Culture:
The culture of Kurah Prime's inhabitants does not vary much from its respective species' own, with the exception of the altruistic philosophy of the Kurah Vong clan, varying from the Yuuzhan Vong.

Technology:
History:
Kurah Prime was once a remote, deserted world, devoid of any sentient life and utterly untouched by the rest of the galaxy. It had averted many a disaster, out of the eye of the galaxy that was constantly ravaged by rising and falling empires, wars and plagues. Finally, one day it was happened upon by followers of the Horde, who had been seeking to expand the organization's interstellar borders. The planet was a prime location for bio-technological research and cultivation. Almost immediately, the Horde began immigrating pantheist Vong to the world to establish bases of research and military. Within the year, as many as five hundred thousand Vong had inhabited the world, and it was named Kurah Prime in honor of it's Exarch, High Priestess Kurah Rrusho of the Cult of Yun-Cuu'rha - a sub-religion based on Yun-Cuu'rha, one of the matron deities of the Horde.
Somewhere late in the planet's cultural development, perhaps under the directive of Lady Ashelotte who once ruled the Intendant Caste and subsequently the Horde itself before Kurah, flocks of Ruferalahuín tribals were secretly emigrated from their ancient homeworld of Ulúk Tgalieh in order to populate this new world with a relatable species that desperately needed population growth. Later on, several Arkanian research groups were also employed and emigrated to Kurah Prime, for the sake of perpetuating Kurah, an Arkanian Offshoot experiment herself who had risen to the rank of Supreme Lady of the Horde in place of Supreme Overlord Dredge and Lady Ashelotte before her. This allowed her unparalleled influence over the planet's sociological growth. It is still unclear how or why Chiss came to be on the planet, though it is widely believed their naval experience made them invaluable to the integration of synthetic technology into the Horde's armada.
It wasn't long before the Horde came to fade into obscurity, and Kurah Prime was all but lost to legend. Slowly but certainly, the planet's traffic began to dwindle into a standstill. The world was otherwise forgotten to all but the few immigrants and rogue traders who lived there and owned a vessel. The ports in Praeskella Infinos had nearly become ghost towns and most of the Vong had left. Globally, only a tenth of a percent of the Horde population remained. However, the Ruferalahuín, without any technological knowledge of their own, were forced to stay behind and embraced the land as their own. Very few Vong did stay, and those who did came to worship the Pantheon almost exclusively. Over time, the imperialist-ideals of the Horde and the beliefs of the Yuuzhan Vong had all but faded from memory. The natural sacrificial nature of the Vong allowed a very altruistic society to be born. These few Vong tribals began calling themselves the Kurah Vong, in homage to the planet and its former overseer. There, this clan of Vong and the tribes of the Ruferalahuín had peacefully coexisted, sharing in knowledge and growth in ways that improved the land. The sacred palace Cuu'rha'tar still stands 'til today, a testament to their will.

Information:
There is very little landmass on Kurah Prime, though most of it is unscathed and lush with life. A natural Force nexus exists, theorized to be somewhere within or underneath Cuu'rha'tar, which is divided, unsure if leaning towards the Light or the Dark. This twin nexus unwittingly fuels the giant, eternal hurricane that surrounds the world's only major continent, making space and sky travel anywhere but directly onto the mainland very difficult, and distorting sensors' readings of the land below from space.

Notable PC's:
  • Mistress Kurah Rrusho
Intent: Our little region of space is lonely and dull.

[member="Nyx"]

First of all, I find linking different cultures and everything to be a very cheap way of showing a planet's culture, thus I would advise you not to do that in the future, but come up with something original and new for the planet.

Second, the Planet Creation template no longer has Major Cities field, we now have the Major Locations field which must contain at least a paragraph of information for every major location on the planet. Please edit your submission accordingly.

Third, I, however, like that you have brought so much science and numbers into the submission, even though it's not required.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Maria Natalja"]
Well, the cultures links were just for a little more flavor, since I linked the respective canon and factory articles about a thousand different places already. xD But I understand and duly note what you are trying to say.

Am I allowed to put "TBA" under Major Cities and submit a pending Location submission instead, then have that edited in once approved?

Edit: Actually, I don't like the way it's portrayed right now. I'm just gonna throw in a "same as species" description in there instead.

[member="Nyx"]

Approved for the moment, but if the Locations aren't added sometime soon, this submission may be brought out again and put under review or any other methods will be used. But I don't believe there will be need for that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom