Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kuat Drive Yards' Corporate Flagship

Status
Not open for further replies.
eNWIvrA.png

CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS AHEAD
. . . RESTRICTED ACCESS . . .

ap0Tydk.png

7klpHMF.png

6e9bcuG.png

• Hangar: Very Low: 9
  • Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2

lu9baPm.png

DeA8n8s.png

Strengths:
  • Jammer - The ship is a mobile jammer, able to jam all typical and few advanced systems and sensors, blocking their communications and targeting abilities
  • Speed - This ship is highly agile for its size, designed to get up close and personal with other capital ships and circle around them
  • Increased Starfighter Tactics Immunity - Due to the unique designs of these ships, many Starfighter tactics can't be used or are not as effective on them. Such tactics that are less effective or are useless against the ship are the Trench Run Defense, Hull Skimming, and Terrain-Following Flying
Weaknesses:
  • EWAR Susceptible - Like many ships, this Star Destroyer can be affected by EWAR and Ionized weaponry
  • No Rear Weaponry - The ship has forward and broadside arcing weapons only

2hVrjkv.png

The Kuat Drive Yards Corporate Flagship was known to be powerful. Like the KDY Security Cruisers, part of the Company's Private Fleet, they were ships with unique designs. At least, unique to what Kuat Drive Yards usually constructs. It was not designed to be a ship all on its own, staying in a fleet and supported by others, but by design it was intended to solely fight Capital-sized Ships. with its numerous dumb-fire Assault Concussion Missiles, it was immune to EWAR attacks that would target radar, as these missiles were manually fired without any target locking. Which is why the ship is so fast; making it agile meant it could change its heading and speed in a pinch, getting the perfect angle on an enemy ship. Of course, the farther away the Flagship is, the less likely these dumb-fire missiles will hit their target and instead just fly away into space, which means closing the distance is especially important.

The Flagship was intended to be in a time where there were no super star destroyers, being the primary "SSD" of its time. With the fleet backing it, it was sure to take down solo ships and small fleets, although the more ships there were the more possible they would be able to escape.

The KDY Flagship was a close-guarded secret. In doing this, it was harder to understand the ship. Since it was the only one of its kind, it was expected it would take more research to be done on the ship to find its weakpoints and how to properly combat the hulk.

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]

Just want to change some of the wording here, such as removing 'immunity' and have it sound more like 'may not be as effective,' rather than is not or cannot. Totally understand where you're going but just like no one can force you to take or not take damage, the same applies for prospective opponents. Same for jamming, 'may be able to jam' other than that this looks good. Once the changes are made let me know and I'll move it forward!

[member="Ria Misrani"]

I can change the wording for the jamming, I may need to change the wording on Jamming for my other ships that I've submitted. Please let me know.

But the Starfighter Tactics Immunity is absolutely true, for some tactics, as it states. There are no trenches on this ship, therefore a trench run tactic has absolutely no effect on this ship. It's like saying an anti-infantry weapon as absolutely no effect on a tank. Would you rather I listed all the possible starfighter tactics that wouldn't be effective?

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]

I understand what you're getting at, I do, but I do need to have the word immunity to be removed if you would please. It's all I need to push this forward, you can have it read 'may not be as effective' or would not be as effective up to you but immunity does need to be left out.

Kuat Drive Yards said:
But the Starfighter Tactics Immunity is absolutely true, for some tactics, as it states. There are no trenches on this ship, therefore a trench run tactic has absolutely no effect on this ship
Then your strength should be that there are no trenches for a trench run tactic to be employed against.

[member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Ria Misrani"]

Understood, sorry, thank you. I did not mean to come off as rude, difficult or pushy.

I have made the wording of the Strength better and actually researched starfighter tactics. Instead of flat out immunity, it is now titled "increased immunity" like boosting an immune system, and clearly labeled the relevant Tactics.

Also, as I just reread my Jamming strength, it says "able" meaning it has the ability to jam all "typical" or common and "few advanced" systems. Meaning I can always attempt to jam common systems, but many advanced systems I do not have any chance of jamming.

Please let me know the edits you require and I will make them. Again, I am sorry

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"], KDY can produce this, but it cannot operate this.

Normally, it probably wouldn't be too hard to associate this with a faction or even use "closed market", but both the inherent nature of the concept and its size are stumbling blocks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom