Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Krostport - Cold Iron City, The Capitol of the North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
isenbarr1_by_sundownkid-d678nco.png
Name: Krostport

Image Source

Classification: Mining and Military Town

Location: Mandalore; City far on the Northern continent built into the side of a mountain.

Affiliation: Mandalorians and Mandalorian Protectors

Population: 3 Million

Demographics:
  • 85% Human
    ​10% of Atrisian Decent

[*]15% Near-Human and Non-Human Species

Points of Interest:
  • The Old Mine - An old Beskar Mine with a vein that dried up during the frantic mining of Beskar during the Gulag Plague
  • Cold Iron Mine - A newer Beskar mine than the "Old Mine". Though its still in use it is not used as much due to its near emptiness
  • Ge'tal Mine - A peculiar mine in that its walls and the beskar found in the mine are both red. This does not affect the beskar's quality, in fact it returns to its normal color when heat treated in normal production. This is the more active of the two main mines in the city.
  • Various Private Mines
  • Mandalorian Military Base and Garrison
  • Cold Iron Spaceport - A large military-grade spaceport that sees frequent use. Due to the nature of the city being one of the largest producers and sellers of beskar on Mandalore it holds very high security and is considered by most in the town as a "Open Civilian Military Base"
  • Cold Iron Vheh'yaim - A vheh'yaim-style military base that lies just outside the city in a neighboring mountain. The only way to get there is through either a secret hangar or through the Cold Iron Spaceport's Military tram. {Sub Coming Soon}
  • Cold Iron Cantina - Ciryc Gar Oriya Oriya's Oyu'baat.
  • Indoor Bolo-Ball Field
  • Bomb Shelters
  • MandalMotors RND Building/Lab

Description: Cold Iron City is built into the side of a mountain in the north of the northern continent of Mandalore. It is an incredibly safe city where the steryotype of Mandalorians safeguarding their beskar smithing secrets is taken to a a whole new level. Most of the mines boast military level security and along the natural wall there are many watch and gun placements. The area of the continent the city is also leaves it in a near permanent winter, though springs and summers are a little warmer the beasts that live outside the walls on the tundra or frozen forests would gladly devour you if the sudden and incredibly dangerous snow storms that leave you to die from hypothermia and frostbite didn't.

The military base on the edge of town boasts a standard fort barracks. (The layout of the city is near 100% accurate)

History: Ciryc Gar Oriya, or Cold Iron City in Basic, is an old military mining town far in the less explored northern continent. It could be said that Cold Iron City is the Capital of the North. Originally built as a vheh'yaim to protect the then small city's inhabitants from the cruel ever present winter conditions, sometime before the Gulag Plague during a forgotten war the side of the mountain was blown away by an orbital assault that revealed several Beskar veins. Sometime after the war the relatively unknown clan Tetsuya (whom hailed from Atrisia) turned tragedy into prosperity by laying the framework that would make the relatively unknown northern settlement into the large, bustling city it is today.

During the early years of the Gulag Plague the deserted portion of the old military district was renovated and re-purposed to research the the plague, however the found nothing. It was later again re-purposed into a fully operating military base, though the red beskar found in the new Red Mine is researched in some capacity there. The city itself boasts that it holds the best beskar smiths on Mandalore and the consistent sound of hammers on an anvil ring throughout the prosperous city.

Links: Cold Iron Space Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom