Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Krenis' Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.
image0.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Personal Armor for Krenis Skirata
Image Source:
Mandalorian Clone Armor from a BF2 mod
Canon Link: Mandalorian Armor, Mandalorian Vambrace
Permissions:

Primary Source:

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer
: Krenis Skirata
Affiliation: Krenis Skirata
Market Status: Closed-Market
Model: N/A
Modularity: Only externally mounted accessories
Production: Unique
Material:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Multipurpose Beskar'gam
Weight:
Heavy
Resistances:

• Energy: Very High
  • Kinetic: High
  • Lightsabers: Average
Other:
  • Sonic: Average
  • EMP/ION: Average
  • Elemental: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
Nasreyc Combat Boots:
Prudii'kute Armored Bodyglove

M.I. Universal Heads-Up Display
Whisper Jump Jet Pack: It was known for its internal sound bafflers and strong construction, which allowed the user to land virtually undetected in a hostile area

ARMOR ACCESSORIES

STRENGTHS
Quiet: For a beskar'gam designed for high combat situations, the armor is quiet, using its sound baffling technology and the bodysuit's small sensor profile. Problem is, it's designed to operate in a vacuum on shipboard raids mainly and relies on sophisticated technology for that to function. Those functions make sound, meaning it's not stealth armor.
Strength-Enhancing: The underlying body suit helps enhance Krenis' already genetically enhanced strength and conditioning, making him quite strong for humans, but not on the same level as Wookiees and other species known for their massive strength.
Beskar: Beskar is highly versatile and resistant, especially to energy weapons, making the armor very resistant to lightsabers and blaster weapons.
Designed for Space: Designed specifically for operating in space, Krenis created the armor to be a self-contained system, including rebreather system for atmosphere and air scrubbers, water and rations, as well as pressure seals to maintain pressure within the suit.

WEAKNESSES
EMP/Ion Weapons: As an armor reliant on an enormous array of technology to function to its full potential, dedicated EMP and ion weapons can be highly destructive to the suit, neutralizing much of its capabilities.
Starship Weaponry: The danger of creating armor intended for ship and station boardings as a privateer means going up against starship-grade weaponry. While only a tiny bit larger than the average human, there's still enough metal, technology, and even jetpack thrust, which means there is enough to be tracked by point-defense systems, torpedoes, and other starship weapons. Despite being made of beskar, the armor cannot survive starship weapons of even the smallest kind, making it problematic for a suit designed for boarding and taking hostile vessels.
Space Particles: Space is full of dangers- radiation, micro-meteors, regular meteors, gravitic anomalies, solar flares, and many more. Unfortunately, the suit is not large enough to power the energy shields starships use, making large parts of space simply too hazardous to operate in.
Disruptors: Very few things can protect against disruptors, at least when it comes to physical materials. Lacking the energy defenses necessary, this armor provides little to no protection.
Kinetic Impact: Beyond space particles, micro-meteorites, there is a growing number of slugthrowers and other kinetic weapons in the galaxy. While beskar is capable of preventing these things from penetrating, it does not absorb the impact, with much of that energy still being transferred to the wearer.

DESCRIPTION
A long time ago, a war tore apart the Galactic Republic as Separatists, secretly led by Sith Lord Darth Sidious, tried to secede from the Republic, also secretly led by Sith Lord Darth Sidious. The Galactic Republic was fortunate that Sidious had manipulated the creation of a clone army to fight this war. Krenis was one of those clones, specifically an Alpha-class ARC. He fought that war until Order 66 led to the fall of the Republic. Krenis deserted after the establishment of Palpatine's New Order, fleeing to Mandalore and the teaching of the Null ARCs and Kal Skirata. He was adopted as a Mandalorian and exchanged his ARC armor for a durasteel set of Mandalorian armor, hiding his old identity behind the anonymity of the iconic t-shaped visor. But his old squad eventually tracked him down and threw him in stasis. Over the next eight centuries, Krenis' old armors decayed and rotted.

Since his awakening, he has bounced between several governments, primarily relying on their uniform armor, just like he was used to. But after several years, he has found his taste for military employment has waned, and he set out on his own, working as a contractor and trainer, before establishing a company to fund and profit from acting as a privateer for the Rimward Trade League. With that in mind, he set about creating a new beskar'gam, this time eschewing uniformity and anonymity for a blended influence of both the original clone trooper armor mixed with the iconic Mandalorian designs.

He used the Katarn-class armor as a model, emphasizing the vacuum functionality and the standard features of most Mandalorian armors. With the pay from his contracting work with the Suarbi System Republic and the Rimward Trade League, he had more than enough money to purchase the beskar, technology, and expertise to construct the armor.

At the most basic level, the armor is a heavily armored vacsuit, with its own environmental systems, integrated rebreather pack, and other survival equipment, including ration pellets and water recycler. That forms the base layer of the armor, which is followed by the Prudii'kute armored body suit, with a standard armored vacsuit atop that, followed by the thin beskar plates along the exterior, along with the integrated technologies more typical to Mandalorians. The bodysuit minimizes some of the sensor profile, but with the rest of the technology, the armor is not a stealth suit. Fundamentally, the suit has the same sensor profile as a typical beskar'gam. The bodysuit also enhances his physical strength and speed, but not to a superhuman level. Meanwhile, the jetpack and magnetized combat boots make gravity less of an issue in space.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Krenis Skirata Krenis Skirata

Nice one! However I found some issues and I have a question/concern too.

MANIAC MANIAC

This is why technology and engineering don't get along with me. XD I think I got everything you addressed. Clarified and streamlined some of the things, but I definitely got stuck on the idea of operating pretty much only in space to board vessels, so that's my bad. And I think I got the numbers in the resistances rebalanced?

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Krenis Skirata Krenis Skirata

Now everything looks perfect, thank you! However the ratings are underpowered (-1) now.
  • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
So if you want, you can edit it, but if this is good for you, I'll accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom