Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Koboth

Status
Not open for further replies.
desert_earth_planet_by_fragile_stock.jpg

Name: Koboth

Region: Outer Rim Territories
System: Koboth system
Suns: 1 (Koba Prime)
Orbital Position: Habitable Zone
Moons: 3 (Dead/Minor)
System Features: Solar Flare-scorched Moons
Coordinates: 21,6 (NW of Myrellia)
Rotational Period: 28 Standard Hours
Orbital Period: 246 Standard Days

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 10,240km
Atmosphere: Type I
Climate: Arid
Gravity: 86% Coruscant Standard
Primary Terrain: Barren, Rocky Islands

Native Species: Kobok
Immigrated Species: Humans, Duros
Primary Languages: Kobothi, Galactic Basic Standard
Government: Koboth Union
Population: 20,000+ (Koboth), -100 (Other)
Demonym: Kobothi
Major Imports: High Technology, Food
Major Exports: Raw Materials, Raw Metals, Handheld Weapons
Material: Stygium
Amount: Small
Intent and Reasoning: Koboth was sought after for major trade agreements by two whole races, which were aggressive and highly technological. Koboth didn't have much more in the way of valuables aside from common planet ores. The Hiitian sought fortunes, and the Trianii were highly cultural and technological. Thus, discovering a valuable material, they could create advanced weapons or systems, giving a large interest in Koboth. Otherwise, there isn't much in securing trade agreements.

Affiliation: Alliance to Restore the Republic (Assisted during the Mavvan Conflict)

Major Locations:
*Kuurok Peninsula - The Kuurok Peninsula was the most fairly known region on Koboth, considering the Kobok separated themselves through regions, and even waged wars against each other. The Koboks from this region were all dark-colored, mostly dark green. It also holds their largest city.
*The Dead Islands - The islands in the southern hemisphere of the planet were small and spread out, holding rocky mountains and terrain. Since Koboth Prime hit this region the most, the islands are completely dead of all nutrients, and they are also within the hotter temperature of the world. They still hold Koboks who hold demographic territories.

Culture: Koboks were, at one time, widely known for their aggression and violence, waging war with themselves much stronger than typical natives. They separated themselves from each other based on region, or peninsula, mostly from their demographics or chitin colors. Having always waged war, they were strong and calculated mercenaries, regarded them as crafty killing machines. Despite this, they were sensible enough to create a united government for their planet and their peoples, furthering galactic progression and spread of their culture and species. They are moderately cultured in the way they still show traditional, or old-style, military uniforms, aside from their armor, which is similar to the rest of the galaxy.

Technology: While not all of their technology is galactic standard, they were able to mass-produce weapons for war, and even after the Mavvan Conflict, they were even more prepared for war with gear, supplies, tactics, etc.

History: Before Major CHAOS Events

When the Gulag Virus arrived to the planet Koboth, it tore down everything they originally had. Or, more so, they tore it down themselves. With Koboks falling ill to the virus, they were, unfortunately, looked at of each other in territorial style. With the Kobok population falling, every Region was opening itself to themselves as potential landgrabs by other regions. Every Region had to be combat ready, for war among themselves, or outside conflicts. An empty Region was a risk, and the wars started up again. This war was much deadlier than any civil war among the Koboks before, since now they had the weapons and power to wage even harsher war, it just wasn't expected for their population to dwindle and old wounds coming back for blood. After the conflicts subsided due to increasing deaths from war and the virus, they came to another truce, seeing that any further war would destroy their species. It was a calm, and almost silent death for the Koboks in the galaxy.

After the silence, and after what seemed a generation or two, the Koboks had restabilized and was even to reform their Union, their government. Although it wasn't enough to fill the void of the massive gap their species had taken in the galaxy, they were able to breathe life back into their planet. There wasn't much, if any, spacefaring during the 400 year darkness, as they rebuilt and stablized their economy and military.

During the Netherworld Event, news had traveled to Kobok about the massive wars and devastation of planets and sentient bodies. Even Koboth, after awhile, started feeling the effects of the Force and its chaos rippling through the galaxy. Mountains fell, the seas crashed and receded, earthquakes trembled the cities. The Kobothi came together in this time of destruction, whether it was heading off into the galaxy to support the rise and fall of factions and governments, or to pull through for each other and save their homes and cities. But just as everything seemed to calm down, it would not end as peacefully as the Gulag Virus. Overnight, the already severely dwindled Kobok species dwindled to a number never before seen or known in any records. The Koboks became a displaced species as Koboks disappeared without cause, forcing them to bunker down to try and save what they had left and become hostile to any and all who came near. The Koboks had lost everything but the ground under their feet, and they would lose no more.

Notable PCs: None
Intent: Canon Planet, bring the planet to the Galaxy for exploration, war, and research.

This is a Canon Planet

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Koboth

[member="Gisela the Righteous"]

Hello there,

Since this is a canon planet it does not require its own Codex sub. As such my main gripe with this submission is its intent. Even though it is not on the map it is still very much available for exploration, war, research, etc. You can still produce a Codex submission for it if you wish to expand on the lore and such. However if your main intention is to make it a role playable location, that is already the case.

As it stands this submission does not expand much upon what is already in the wiki article. What it does is add Stygium and severely cut down the population of the native species on their home planet. The stygium crystals will be allowed, but they must be mined as normal for each tech sub they are used in.

With that information in mind, let me know if you still wish me to judge this submission. I would be happy to. If not we can archive it, and you can begin RPing on Koboth forthwith. If you wish to proceed with this submission I would like to see something more substantial added to its intent.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Ah, alrighty, thanks. How do we get it on the map? Stygium isn't something I so much need, but I thought something special for its history made sense. Sorry to gripe you! My intention was to get it on the map

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Could I perhaps, at a later time, come back/bring this submission back out and try to make it look better to get approved for Stygium? I didn't know how well to write the history, I could easily change that, or remove entirely. Thanks for your help Pyrrhus

Certainly! I don't really have any issues with the history (though I would advise you to increase the native population, despite events depicted in the history). No need to remove it entirely! If I may offer some advice; adding some new major locations would really help flesh out the planet and could give the six different continents and the Koboks living there their own feel. This is something largely left out of the planet's wiki page as well, which gives you freedom to make it your own within the frame of what's already mentioned of the planet's physical information.

I'll put this up for archival until then. PM a Codex Admin or RPJ when you want to pull it out again.

Marked for archival.

[member=Silencia]

I wanted to clarify something here that my CJ got wrong.

As Koboth is a canon SW planet but not one noted as a canonical source for stygium, I will not allow it to be submitted as such to the Codex. Restricted Materials and their presence on planets hold a lot of implications for how the planet itself would be viewed and used by the galaxy at large. For certain, any stygium presence on the planet would have greatly changed the history for it. This is a deviation from set SW canon and is simply not something I will condone or set a precedence for.

I would suggest if you had any development crafted for this to use that development instead for putting stygium on a custom planet. You may even put that custom planet in the same system as Koboth to make things easier for you and your faction.

For now, this is archived at your request. Please PM me if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom