Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowing one's place

Luke walked among the ashes of his former home, nothing but sadness in his heart. It had taken all of his courage just to return to Naboo, and even more to revisit the resting place of his family. Looking down at the wreckage, a tear came to his eye, and he closed his eyes in an attempt to stop it. It was futile, however, and it came streaming down like a miniature waterfall. "I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry. I should've done more. I should've been quicker to save you." He looked down, not sure whether it would he better for him to leave or stay.

@[member="Katar"]

Katar sprinted down the street, the slavers in hot pursuit. She couldn't understand why everywhere she went, even with her tracker removed, they always found her. She had all but disappeared after her escape. But, it felt like no matter where she was, she'd never be free. As she rounded a corner, She smacked into a boy. She fell to the ground. She looked at him for a few seconds and then got up and turned around. There they were, four slavers who recognized the Blood champion. "We've got ya now, kitty," One said, sniggering as they slowly came closer. Katar poised herself for attack, barring her teeth, readying her claws, and growling a deep and menacing growl.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Luke's mourning may have fallen on deaf ears, but it was suddenly cut short when he was crashed into by a young girl, around his age. Looking to his left, he heard her hiss ad watched as she gave off an animalistic feeling about her. Turning around the corner in pursuit were a group of men, who seemed intent on catching her. His mind reeled, and he was taken back for a second. For that second, he didn't see another strange girl, instead seeing his sister running from a group of bullies. Furrowing his brow, he stepped in front of the girl and balled his fists. Not knowing what was happening, he began to feel an aura of power around him as he did so. "You won't lay a finger on her. I suggest you back away."

@[member="Katar"]

Katar was slightly surprised when the boy stood in front of her and threatened the slavers to back away. They laughed. "This isn't your concern, boy. She's a slave, and she's going back to Corellia, where she belongs!" At the end of this statement, they pulled out a force collar, force cuffs, and blasters. Before they could blink, however, Katar attacked. She moved with inhuman speed past the boy and tackled the man with the collar. He tried to slap it onto her neck, but she had her teeth clamped down on his throat. Another man tried to shoot her. She swatted the blaster from his hands and clawed viciously at his chest. The man with chains tackled her, but couldn't hold her down. Katar grabbed the chains and strangled him. The last man was shakily pointing the blaster at her, fear visible on his face. She got down on her hands and knees, and gave him a deadly glare, growling loudly. She WOULD NOT go back to Corellia. She would DIE first.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

"What... huh?" Luke couldn't believe the sheer ferocity of the girl's attacks. They were almost... inhuman. She ran and attacked the men with dizzying speed, barely a blur between each target. However, it seemed she was not as quick as she or Luke had thought. As she was busy nearly mauling one man, another had began to sneak up behind her with a collar, one that she had smacked in the face. Three claw marks bled on his miserable face, but he cracked a grin when he saw his opportunity. He opened the collar, raised it up...

Time then seemed to slow for Luke. Everything around him nearly paused, and he looked from the man to the girl. Though he couldn't hear himself, he could have sword mouthing the words "Get away from her!" And directly after this, he raised his hands, which were now glowing blue with a strange energy, and watched as the said energy made it's way to the man, snatched him up, and threw him back.

Time returned to normal. The man laid unconscious behind the girl, and Luke stared at his hands in wonder. 'How did I do that?'

@[member="Katar"]

Katar and the man pointing a blaster at her suddenly turned, shocked at what they had just seen. The boy..... He...... At that moment, the man shot Katar. The blast skimmed her arm. She cried out in surprise and clutched her arm. A second later, she was on top of him, ripping out his throat with her teeth. She backed away from the bodies and the blood now littering the ground. She stared down at them, panting and cradling her arm, blood dripping down her face and hands. Sometimes, she scared herself with what she did. The feeling quickly passed. She had to leave before the bodies were discovered.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

"No!" Luke leapt forward as the blaster fire skimmed across the girl's arm. By the time he reached her, the man had already been beaten and bloodied by her. Not wanting to look at the damage, he kept his focus on her. Reaching his hands over to her arm slowly, he looked her in the eyes. Speaking softly, almost cooing, he said "Let me see... I promise I won't hurt you, just let me see. Maybe I can help you."

@[member="Katar"]

Katar moved backward, away from the boy. She didn't know if she should trust him, especially with the way he blew that man to kingdom come. Besides, the wound had already healed. She put her arms to her sides and kept her cat-like eyes locked on the boy. Her eyes were calm, almost soothing as she looked at him, even though she was ready to attack him if need be. The sun made her bright green eyes look gold-green.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

"Hey Luke slowly moved closer as the girl backed up. "I'm not gonna hurt... I'm not..." He faltered as he noticed her arm. Perfectly fine. How? His mind reeled. "I'm not gonna hue you okay? I helped you, remember? My name's Luke. What's your name?"

@[member="Katar"]

Katar blinked twice, curiosity replacing her suspicion. She moved closer to the boy now. She sniffed him, getting to know his scent, while she analyzed him with her eyes. She didn't sense any deceit from him. He was genuine. When he asked her for her name, Katar thought for a moment. She then sat down on her knees. Taking one of her claws, she scratched her name onto the ground.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Luke watched as the name was scrawled into the dirt ground, trying to read it. "Ka... tar? Katar, that's your name? I like it, it suits you very well." He smiled a little as he got over the fact that she healed so quickly. Looking around at the bodies, he decided it to be better to leave pretty soon. "I'm Luke. I was visiting my dead family. Hey, do you talk? Or rather... can you talk?"

(OOC: Hey I had an idea, what if Luke taught her how to speak? @[member="Katar"] )

(OOC: He could try. But, it's not that she can't speak. It's more like, deep down, she doesn't want to.)

Katar shook her head. But she wasn't ignorant, far from it. She just....... couldn't speak. She remembered that Luke had said something about his dead family. Even now, she could see pain in him, deeply embedded in his eyes. She looked across the street at the remains of a building. Could this be where they had died? She looked back at him and pointed at the ruin.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Looking back at the destroyed building, Luke nodded solemnly, remembering how it went down. The flames. Another boy's desperate need to help. The last breath of his mother. Losing his sister to the outside world. "Yea... That was my home. Look, we should-" He was cut off as security arrived, and immediately recognized his face. "It's him! Don't let him get away!" "We should go. Now!" Taking Katar's hand, he ran the other way, away from his pursuers. "This makes no sense! Why are they after me?", he muttered to himself.

@[member="Katar"]

Katar tensed as Luke took her hand and yanked her upward, forcing them to run down the street. The policemen pursuing them were gaining however. Katar knew that at this rate, they'd get caught. So, she ripped her hand out of his, took his wrist, and took the lead. They began to accelerate forward a lot faster now. The policemen were a good thirty feet away now. She looked frantically at the buildings around them. The one coming up on their left had what looked like a rooftop room on top of it. That would have to do. She sprinted with Luke in tow so that the policemen lost sight of them as they rounded a corner. She then pulled him into a tight side alley. They were inches apart, but temporarily safe enough for Katar to look for a way up. She spotted an emergency escape ladder leading to the roof. Quickly, she looked at Luke, pointed at the ladder, and began to climb.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

As they ran, Luke led them next to a clothing store his mom used to take him to and snatched a cloak from one of the racks. He had just slipped it on when Katar took the lead and later found themselves in a dark alley. She had been pulled close to him, and he looked down at her luminescent eyes for a few seconds before she pointed to a laser and began climbing it. Fixing his newly-acquired robe, he quickly followed after her, hearing the sounds of voices and footsteps in the distance.

@[member="Katar"]

When she reached the top of the building, Katar went to the edge of the roof. She got down on her stomach, peeking over the edge. The policemen went right past them. They were safe, for now. Katar got up and turned to look at Luke. He had grabbed a cloak while they were running. It made him look more mature somehow. That was strange of her to think. She snapped out of that thought rather quickly and went to the door of the small rooftop room. It was locked, naturally. Carefully, Katar studied the lock for a moment. She slid a claw into it. After a bit of fiddling, the door unlocked with a click. They were in.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Looking down from where they were, Luke could easily see the Naboo police as they sped past. By the time he had turned his attention back to Katar, she had broken into the building they had taken refuge on. He panicked. "No Katar, we can't just break in... That's wrong."

@[member="Katar"]

Katar looked back at Luke with an expression similar to the phrase: "Do I look stupid to you?", and went inside. It was dark, but Katar didn't notice. Her feline eyes could clearly see the stairs leading into the poorly kept apartment building below. If there was an abandoned apartment nearby, they could hide out for a while until the heat died down a bit. She crept down the stairs, her feet making no sound as she sniffed the air. No human scents, no alien scents. This floor wasn't occupied. She went to the first apartment. It was unlocked and unoccupied.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Sighing, Luke pulled his hood up and followed her inside. Though it was extremely dark, he could feel everything around him. It was a strange feeling, especially the fact that it continued to fluctuate, on and off, on and off. It hurt his head a little, so he decided not to focus on it. When they reached the inside, it turned out to be the top floor of a hotel. Perfect. Following Katar into the nearest room, he sat on a bed and sighed. He was so confused.

@[member="Katar"]

Katar peeked out the window. No sign of authorities of any kind. She walked over to the chair next to the window and sat down. She noticed the dried blood on her claws. She didn't even want to know what she looked like. So, she got up and began looking for a cloth to wipe herself off with.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom